041 - 050: Below Average... 14 8.48%
031 - 040: Bad... 9 5.45%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 3 1.82%
011 - 020: Awful... 10 6.06%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Medabots... 16 9.70%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-07-01, 20:33   Link #101
Zippicus

Meh, the animation style would have worked better with a silly Naruto episode, like Please Mr Postman or something. I don't have anything against the style, it just didn't really fit the content very well.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 20:35   Link #102
TheCoconutChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
probably kakashi vs kakuzu
And the things that caracterized this arc was good animation as in, an actual frame rate and rythm to the fight?

Cause that's what we had in the last two episode. I don't get what people want from this show.
TheCoconutChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 20:48   Link #103
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
to be honest.... I really laughed at the weird face of pain.....

but you know.... I still think that I really prefer this kind of animation of naruto......

what about one piece??? some of its characters are weird too you know??

anyways.., looks of characters are not important in the anime.... what really important here is motions of the characters... of how they move...
One Piece was originaly designed like this, there is no way you can compare it to Naruto. Besides it is animation that keeps me away from those series.

Pein was supposed to be seriouse and deadly through the whole thing but there is no way you can take him seriously after all those expressions and some dumb movements like for example dolphin like swimming or being litteraly nailed by Kyubi.

If Naruto would always be like this, I would stop watching it at once.

I have completly no problem with old animation. Yeh there might be not so many moves but I don't think that silly Kung Fu moves had made it look so much bettter in this episode or Pein rolling on the ground.

It actually reminded me of Gurren Lagan and I didn't like that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Angel View Post
Your way of there, sorry you have a lot to learn about animation, just like back in the Nar / Sask fight the Naru missles or the faces pein make in this ep was done on purpose and supposed to be like that as part of the animation itself, sure there are animations out there with much higher quality but this was the particular style of this ep and I for one thought it was really well done.
Then it was a seriously bad idea, because the whole suspence was destroyed by not trying to laugh.

There is only one Naruto style and that is the one Kishimoto had created. If it goes too off, it isn't Naruto anymore but completly different show!

I seriously don't care about other authors styles, if they want to use their style then create your own story or find the manga which has similar style. I also can draw a ball like head with several sticks out of it aka body, hands, legs and say it is Naruto.

It is like changing actors in the movie, at least that is the feeling I get.
Old 2010-07-01, 20:57   Link #104
james0246

Personally, the episode's style reminded me a little of Mamoru Hosoda's work on the 6th One Piece film (Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island), very fluid and very free. Besides the off-model designs (which, while greatly annoying, was at least consistent), I did like the animation quite a bit...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:00   Link #105
TheCoconutChef

Anybody else notice that these kind of episode are also a lot richer than normal episode?

Usually half of the show consists of people panting, staring or telling themselves how strong their opponent is.

Anime always need more starring. Lots and lots of starring. Discussing strategies aloud when your ennemy can hear you is also very good. In anime they usually are pretty civil and let you discuss for a while so that you can decide how best to kill them.

Those things don't break any sense of tension there might be. No sir.
TheCoconutChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:01   Link #106
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
wow, cool episode, but uh...what anime was that ^_^ ?!
sure as hell didn't look like a world full of ninjas being sneaky and using stealthy, one-hit-KO techs.

i guess they would be one-hit KO's if it hit any other character...

Last edited by LittleLaptopChan; 2010-07-01 at 21:04. Reason: well...
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:04   Link #107
Jehuty

I stand by what I've said, and I will try to not repeat it.

Episode 26 is solid proof that you need not sacrifice art for animation (I underline it because so many people seem to want to use it as a defense for the overall quality of 167).

And that wasn't just a 1 on 1 fight either -- that episode is hands down, the best in the entirety of Shipuuden as far as fights are concerned. The team that did that episode clearly respected the series, and that episode had justification for torpedoes and lasers, etc.

Even the music conveyed the epicness it deserved.

But this episode? Complete trash, save for meeting Yondaime and seeing Shibaku Tensei in action.

Which, y'know... were true to the manga.
Old 2010-07-01, 21:04   Link #108
Zek
Eyebrows...

hahaha, smooth animation is cool and all but there's a limit to absurdity. This episode was straight up Loony Toons shit beginning to end. I couldn't even tell what was going on half the time, and I read the manga.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:18   Link #109
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Please don't hurt me, but I found the style, while certainly being odd, really good, not better than the regular one, but not worse either. I want more of those overdramatic drawn faces. :O

@neshru and james

Oh, thanks. Hmm...I thought he sounds a lot like Iruka, but it was probably some other role I recognized the voice from. I checked Toshiyuki Morikawa on imdb and found out, that he has some big roles like Sephiroth, Naraku and Kurosaki Isshin, so it's no surprise it felt familiar.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2010-07-01 at 21:42.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:25   Link #110
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Ahem! Darn it! Ahem!... yep i guess the slime is finally out of my throat... since i forgot to breathe this episode.

This was probably the ugliest and lamest episode i ever saw.... clearly my mistake to watch this... since it totally ruined my 2010 year. I believe i as an amateur wouldn't draw much worse then what i've seen.

Aside from the art:

- Pain's shinra tensei had no limits anymore... unlimited use... no intervals... constant use against Kyuubi beams?
- Orochimaru's head completely got ripped when the Kyuubi touched him... Pains (dead) face...well nothing happened.
- Pain suddenly struggling and yelling? Talk about ruining mister God Mode Pain's character in one episode.
- Pain was flying through the forest.

Jeez.. i am so happy that i forgot the rest. If i was in charge... that whole animation team...well... both the art and script writers would be fired instantly. Not only that.. i would sue them demanding millions for totally ruining the episode.. just to make sure another one would be made to replace this one.

The only thing that makes since about the limit being removed from his ability is he no longer has his power split into 6 different bodies.. it's a single body now meaning all his chakra is going into it now. Now that I see the screen shots of the faces it is aweful.. that is horrible artwork for Naruto I'm watching a serious anime not some comedy type style with aweful faces.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:47   Link #111
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
The only thing that makes since about the limit being removed from his ability is he no longer has his power split into 6 different bodies..
It makes no sense, you'll understand why when you watch the next episode. They messed up the canon story so much in this episode that everyone will find the main point of the next episode absurd.

For non-manga readers, no, Deva Path still cannot use his power without any limit. Nor can he withstand Kyuubi chakra or 100-ton rock blocks. Also cannot have any mimic whatsoever since he's literally undead. Not to mention he cannot summon seas out of nowhere or hover-jet over ground.

It looks like some people want to see an animated Michael Bay movie even if it totally destroys the story. This kind of budget-worship and demand for flashiness is what's ruining the whole entertainment industry including games and movies nowadays.
Ultramarinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:48   Link #112
kitten320

Mr. Johnny 5
Yeh, not to mention that Sakura's hand was hurting for god knows how long when he hit her with the tail but here Pein is giving straight jaw hits and nothing.

Of course Pein is thousand times better than her and it was a bad ass moment, but seriously? Were are any lind of burns?
Old 2010-07-01, 21:58   Link #113
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I'm still expecting someone to make a montage of Deva Path Pain's Chibaku Tensei constipation face and flying rock blocks with him screaming "I'M SHITTING BRICKS!!!"
Old 2010-07-01, 22:01   Link #114
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Mr. Johnny 5
Yeh, not to mention that Sakura's hand was hurting for god knows how long when he hit her with the tail but here Pein is giving straight jaw hits and nothing.
Maybe because Pain is a corpse that can't feel literal pain? Sakura was still alive with a functional nervous system when that happened to her, while the Deva Path is just a reanimated corpse; That makes a big difference in sensory perception, you know...

I also don't get what people are talking about with Pain bypassing his technique limits...I don't recall a single instance in this episode where Pain ignored any time limits; Seemed to me even within all the madness he was still following his own rules, unless of course I'm missing something...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 22:03   Link #115
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I also don't get what people are talking about with Pain bypassing his technique limits...I don't recall a single instance in this episode where Pain ignored any time limits; Seemed to me even within all the madness he was still following his own rules, unless of course I'm missing something...
5:07-5:21 was the most blatant ignoring of his power's rule.
Old 2010-07-01, 22:09   Link #116
ibexwalya

What a horrible, horrible episodes. A monkey can do a better job.

I have never in my life seen Naruto shippuden get this low. I mean I watched the fillers, the crappy animations, worst voicers....but this manged to top it all. I mean a MONKEY can do a better job than this. Come on, what do they expect that Naruto is for 8 and 9 year old who don't understand good animations or is the disregard for the fans. I have felt like I have been spit on the face. What a horrible animation...I am speechless, no words can describe my distaste and sorrow. After watching it, I felt it was made by an amateur with no experience and lack of the better words who is no enthusiast about the show. How long do they expect the fans to stand for this?

Such a Shame...such a shame
Masashi Kishimoto you need to take better control of your product
ibexwalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 22:12   Link #117
james0246

^Technically, its Shueisha's product, and to the best of my knowledge, Kishimoto has never had any input into the how or why of the anime...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 22:17   Link #118
Jerseykid

Naruto 4 tails vs Orochimaru was a great fight. Naruto displays power beyond anything we have ever seen and Orochimaru counters in a way that makes sense. Naruto rips him in half his snakes pull him back together. His snakes get vaoporized by naruto's touch. His body gets damaged he spits out a new self. Chakra cannon about to annihilate him, he summons the 3 walls. The fight has to make sense in the lore of the anime, pain getting hit in the head repeatedly with a small landmass and there is no physical visual change to his body does not make sense. I don't care how unique the diva path is or how much focus nagato can divert to one person. Show us some battle damage, then nagato can presto changeo him back to something that keeps fighting.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 22:18   Link #119
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

this episode made me think i was on some kind of drug witht he animation @_@
Old 2010-07-01, 22:27   Link #120
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Naruto 4 tails vs Orochimaru was a great fight. Naruto displays power beyond anything we have ever seen and Orochimaru counters in a way that makes sense. Naruto rips him in half his snakes pull him back together. His snakes get vaoporized by naruto's touch. His body gets damaged he spits out a new self. Chakra cannon about to annihilate him, he summons the 3 walls. The fight has to make sense in the lore of the anime, pain getting hit in the head repeatedly with a small landmass and there is no physical visual change to his body does not make sense. I don't care how unique the diva path is or how much focus nagato can divert to one person. Show us some battle damage, then nagato can presto changeo him back to something that keeps fighting.
The powers of Deva Pain have already seemed to have been buffed up in the anime version (He made himself fly for goodness sakes). So perhaps he used his elevated powers to mitigate such damage. *shrug*

While these complaints are valid, I still enjoyed the fight immensely. The action was top tier, not something I've seen in any other shounen.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion