AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 13:26   Link #101
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

^Tobi is important. Obito was brainwashed long ago after being crushed by some rocks. With talk no jutsu you could hypothesize with this personality it's not Obito but Tobi, so really Obito matters just as much a Choji does. Yes, Obito's physical appearance makes Kakashi wig out, but that won't last.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:40   Link #102
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@itachi-san: It's not whether or not Naruto knows the character, but rather how the character is connected to Naruto. Tobi, in the end, simply seems to be a less interesting clone of Nagato.

As I said, now that Madara has appeared, Tobi will probably be dealt with by Kakashi and Gai
(unless Kishimoto wants to stretch this out even further).
I don't think so. Obito has a major role in this story. He is the one who released the 9 tails on Konoha which had a major impact on the lives of Naruto and Sasuke. He is the leader of Akatsuki. He is Madara's partner in crime and Kishimoto has slowly built up his character concealing his identity until this very moment. I highly doubt Obito is going to be dealt with quickly and certainly not by Gai and Kakashi alone.

Quote:
^And, as I said, I think Hinata fits the role far better than Naruto does. Simply because both characters were the "goofy" member of Team 7 means nothing (especially since their goofiness was very different, though they did have a somewhat similar attitude toward their friends), certainly not enough to say that Obito was the 'Naruto' of his generation (or vice versa).
Obito's status within his Konoha team is clearly the same as Naruto and he was very similar to Naruto as a ninja before Naruto's talent matured. They were both seen as losers who had a crush on their female teammate who only had eyes for
the other member, who happened to be the most talent ninja of their class making them destined to be rivals with those members. Kakashi was very similar to Sasuke in that while he was an incredible talent he had an inner turmoil due to a dramatic childhood (father tarnished his own image as a respected ninja and committed suicide).

It has been suggested throughout the manga that if it weren't from Naruto's friends his bitterness at being an outcast might have made him become an evil ninja which happened to several other characters. It's possible that Naruto might be the only character who can redeem Obito. I don't think that Obito is a heartless villain who can not see the light. He will probably be portrayed as yet another tragic character who became evil and through Naruto's help becomes good. Madara on the other hand I don't know. He might have to be killed without any sort of moral transformation. Technically he's a zombie and a relic of the past so I see no future for him.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:43   Link #103
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Obito is doing all of this because Rin died ? I hope not that's a pathetic reason reminds me of Gin from Bleach.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:04   Link #104
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Remember all you just wrote here. Kishi will prove you wrong in the near future, just wait. That's all i got to say on the matter.
I was being sarcastic, but I know it's difficult to hear tone out of text. :P I'm in this story for the ride. I've been reading Naruto since I was twelve (eight years now?) and if I got mad at all the stupid crap that has happened in Shippuden I would have dropped it long ago, but I want to see it to the end. I want to see the overly cheesy happy ending Kishimoto will give this story.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:16   Link #105
Ushio the Omega

How is there still over 70 chapters worth of material left? I just don't see how he can drag it out so much longer.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 14:36   Link #106
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
It's possible that Naruto might be the only character who can redeem Obito.
Not that I want Obito to be redeemed (though he will be), but why Naruto? Kakashi vs. Obito has some actual dramatic weight behind it (more so than Naruto vs. Obito). They were rivals. They were teammates. They were friends, and they had love for each other (and another). There fight has real meaning, especially if Kakashi can actually get Obito to listen. Naruto vs. Obito...their fight is not meaningless, but it definitely lacks the dramatic oomph of Kakashi vs. Obito (especially considering that a Naruto vs. Sasuke fight is right around the corner). And while they have some semi-similar experiences, they do not have the shared experiences of Kakashi and Obito. And while Naruto can definitely understand what Obito has gone through, Kakashi will know what Obito has gone through.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 14:58   Link #107
neshru

The first chapter of the new series "Naruto: Jumping the Shark" didn't disappoint.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:02   Link #108
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
How is there still over 70 chapters worth of material left? I just don't see how he can drag it out so much longer.
Well, there's still that "truth about this war" thing. Obito has not yet been defeated, neither has Madara. And there's still the final showdown between Naruto and Sasuke.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:05   Link #109
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
In case you didn't notice, Obito's revelation and words have Kakashi paralyzed, so there was a purpose to revealing that.
But he doesn't care for anything so he shouldn't care that Kakashi gives a crap about Rin. Not like Kakashi is a threat to him anyway even if he's fighting at his best.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:06   Link #110
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
But he doesn't care for anything so he shouldn't care that Kakashi gives a crap about Rin. Not like Kakashi is a threat to him anyway even if he's fighting at his best.
Well, his Kamui is a bit of a nuisance. And this way he has Kakashi down without having to lift a finger.

Also, whether he cares about stuff or not, he has been shown in the past to have a flair for the dramatic.
Old 2012-09-05, 15:39   Link #111
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
People, calm down. Rin's death is not Tobi's motivation. It's the reason he's having a motivation. It's not like he's doing what he's doing for revenge and only because of what or who was taken from him, like Sasuke. He has a noble goal in mind. Through Rin's death, he experienced first hand what is wrong with the world. Now he's trying to fix that. He went mental because Rin died, yes, but that's not the reason behind the Moon's Eye Plan. That motivation is to end suffering in the world.

He's not like:
'All right, Rin died. That's it, world, you're f*cked.'

He's like:
'Damn, Rin died. It's really unbearable, the pain when you lose somebody. We need to change this.'

Then he went mental. And in his mentalism he's like:
'I know how to change all this suffering. Genjutsu! There's no other way.'

Just thought, I'd clear that up, because judging by some posts on the internet, people really seem to be confused about this and call it ridiculous, when it's actually quite understandable. Not that I'd ever reach the same conclusion, but people can suffer severe trauma when somebody close dies. And in this trauma, they can stir up a lot of crazy ideas.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:04   Link #112
james0246

^No, its still ridiculous even if it understandable...if it is the reason for Obito's apparent insanity (or however you wish to label his mental state).

Last edited by james0246; 2012-09-05 at 16:19.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:15   Link #113
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Except... Nowhere does it say (yet) that Obito went insane cos Rin died.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:21   Link #114
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Oh dayum. Obito AND Madara?

They're screwed. I don't see how they could possibly win at this point. Kakashi is more-or-less running on empty, Naruto can't last forever in beast mode, and Gai is almost powerless against Sharingan space-time techniques.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:25   Link #115
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
To be fair, Nagato tried to destroy the world simply because his dog died...oh, and Yahiko. So, it's not like we haven't seen this exact same storyline already in this series. Honestly, since the storyline is already so weak, now we know for sure that Talk no Jutsu will work.
Nagato has a lot to his background that set him up for going berserk; a lot of evil can be harvested when one is a war orphan, has seen their homeland torn apart by a dictatorship, has had their life threatened by said dictator, and gets his best friend killed through the same token...Granted, it took Yahiko's death before Nagato finally snapped, and Nagato could have very easily turned down a messiah-Naruto path had his intentions been for good instead of filled with darkness, but still, his story can be understood from the reader's perspective, at least...

Now I wouldn't say that I too won't rage against the heavens (Though maybe not on an evil earth-destroying level) if the love of my life was killed, especially under the care of someone who I would presume was trustful enough...Buuuut between Obito "dying" and taking up the Tobi/Madara personas? Uhhhh, there's a lot left unexplained that really needs to be explained to fill that gap, and a dead girl just isn't big enough of a motive to go from Obito being a nobody (Nobodito?) to Obito: The Savage Who Ended the World...Saying that Rin's death is moot by this point hints that there's more to it than what's at face value since her death was just the beginning, but as it stands right now, I'm no more sold on Obito's ideology than than I was for Tobito's identity...Even Sasuke had Itachi to build up the tragedy in that story that was already discernible from the beginning (Before shifting direction), and even then, only one village ended up being a target that may not even be quite absolute...This just seems anticlimatic to me...

But now that we have finally confirmed the Tobito mystery (Yawn...), and one particular motive for his end-of-world justification (Zzzz....), everything about when Tobito pranced around in the Madara persona, the things he did to people and the things he said to people, is just infuriating...I would be a lot less constipated, maybe even relieved of stress from thinking about this too deep, if I could convinced, or proven better-yet, that Madara is really just brainwashing Tobito to do his bidding...And yes, I am calling Obito "Tobito", since he just doesn't seem like an "Obito" but his Tobi persona is very convenient as a tool for Madara's gambit, as if to keep a sense of "identity" while ultimately being a weapon to be used...

...so thus, I need to calm down and stop getting so worked up about the ambiguities regarding Tobito...Especially glaring since Rin apparently got killed by death, the most open-ended way to die...I'll stick around and let the answers work themselves out then...

I was worried that the Naruto/Kakashi/Gai/Bee vs. Tobito thing would get cut short and just jump straight back to the Madara vs. 5 Kage fight, among other options, but I'm still interested now that Madara's back in the story...How the hell he got away from the 5 Kage, who knows (As in: Was it a curb-stomp battle, or did he simply have the power to just walk away?), but ultimately, with Madara as my perceived as THE big bad, hopefully he can shed some insight into the Tobito mystery...Better yet, let's hear Madara's motives from the mastermind himself! Unless Kishi just decides to throw a quick double-Uchihax battle at us; And even then, I wouldn't mind that...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:27   Link #116
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
They're screwed. I don't see how they could possibly win at this point.
I guess Nartuo will get another ''power up'' via the chakra he took from the others bijus. Also there is still sage mode combine with biju mode. Tho I don't know if this power up will happen now, or during Naruto vs Sasuke.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:36   Link #117
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Hunter once said to imagine the most boring possible outcome and you'd be surprised how often it comes true...or something along those lines. Words to live by.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:50   Link #118
Alchemist007
*Author

So this just turned into Episode III...as I predicted

Interested to see exactly how the story will conclude.
Old 2012-09-05, 17:04   Link #119
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

There still is MUCH room for Kishimoto to explain Obito's path to darkness. I mean I'm not sure if it will be satisfying, but the possibility is still there. We didn't get Nagato's story in one go either.
Old 2012-09-05, 17:51   Link #120
Zek
Eyebrows...

Kakashi asked: "If you were alive, then why up until now...[didn't you come back to the village]?". What Obito was answering is that question, and it's understandable that he would turn away from Konoha out of resentment after finding out about Rin's death. We still don't know how he got where he is. We can deduce that Madara was directly involved because he knows Obito's name, which he wouldn't know if he was dead up until being revived just now.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote