021 - 030: Very Bad... 2 2.47%
011 - 020: Awful... 3 3.70%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Beyblade... 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-03, 06:55   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 163 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread (which airs on Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 07:03   Link #2
EoT
~~

This was an awesome episode for the final 5 minutes of it that is.

A shame it took 15minutes for the fight to actually begin tho. I'm glad they used good music though for the fight scene.

Those damn frogs make the fight so cool
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 07:26   Link #3
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
This was an awesome episode for the final 5 minutes of it that is.

A shame it took 15minutes for the fight to actually begin tho. I'm glad they used good music though for the fight scene.
Yep. And I just knew they were gonna stall the fight.

One thing that always puzzled me about Pain was his linked vision somehow countering all taijutsu. If someone is faster than the body Pain is using, Pain seeing him attack shouldn't help, he needs to be fast enough to dodge. In sage mode Naruto should be so much faster than the Pains, same with Jiraiya. Oh well, Naruto got to show off some of his intelligence.

Last edited by Squarecrow; 2010-06-04 at 19:18. Reason: Grammar
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 07:30   Link #4
Nosauz

Wow that was painful to watch, I mean painful as hell. The animation has been horrible for such a critical fight, and it didn't help that they had to reaffirm that the main cast was alive. It's just rather disappointing that such a big fight is gettin such a rather poor anime representation. There were so many things they could have done but instead they choose to make everything seem telegraphed.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 08:21   Link #5
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Being a manga reader, there was two things I was dying to see animated.

1: Naruto throwing that summoned creature up in the air, it looked so friggin awesome in the manga.

2: Naruto throwing the rasen-shuriken, that too looked so awesome in the manga.

Both those got ruined horribly by poor animations. Even though it was a good episode, and the action with the toads was priceless, it still made me very sad to see these two epic moments get botched.

Last edited by Mangs; 2010-06-03 at 09:21.
Mangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 08:24   Link #6
Marvx360x

I liked the episode but it was a bit slow paced though.

Gotta say Tsunade is a pathethic hokage though. She used up all her chakra while "trying to protect the village". She didn't even think about fighting the one causing everything, instead she used all her chakra on the injured while not attacking the one causing it.

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 08:36   Link #7
neshru

worst butchering of an important fight ever.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 08:58   Link #8
Captain_Monotanous

That was painful to watch....

The fan animations were better then that! And next week doesnt look much better

Guess I'll be waiting for Ultimate Ninja storm 2 to see that fight animated by people with some actual fucking talent!
Captain_Monotanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 09:05   Link #9
lotus_lee

Maybe it's because I haven't seen the Rasenshuriken for a long time but that one looked tiny lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvx360x View Post
Gotta say Tsunade is a pathethic hokage though. She used up all her chakra while "trying to protect the village". She didn't even think about fighting the one causing everything, instead she used all her chakra on the injured while not attacking the one causing it.
Imo, I think she realises Pain is way out of her league, so the only thing she can do is do her job as Hokage: protecting the village, and sacrificing herself if need be.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 09:07   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
worst butchering of an important fight ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Monotanous View Post
That was painful to watch....

The fan animations were better then that! And next week doesnt look much better

Guess I'll be waiting for Ultimate Ninja storm 2 to see that fight animated by people with some actual fucking talent!
Yeah, this was...this was bad. Just plain bad. Bad animation, bad pacing, bad editing, silly to okay music. Even the voice acting sounded a little off (mostly because Naruto in Sage Mode sounds funny (Cage in Kick-Ass funny )). Even the good parts of the anime (Naruto 'wtfpwn'ing of Asura and throwing Mr. Rhino), still look just okay, but nothing to write home about (and defeating Absorption Pain had needless filler)). Don't even get me started on the needless first 8-10 minutes before the fight actually started...

Whoever was in charge of hiring the teams for this section of the anime needs to be fired, and their name black listed...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 10:19   Link #11
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

I remember naruto having a jutsu that hurt his own arm.
was that the rasen shuriken?

Why did he use that hurting jutsu the first time?
Old 2010-06-03, 10:30   Link #12
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

It only hurt him before because he COULDN'T throw it.

Naruto started out hustlin, but ended up ballin.
Old 2010-06-03, 10:33   Link #13
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
I remember naruto having a jutsu that hurt his own arm.
was that the rasen shuriken?

Why did he use that hurting jutsu the first time?
The first time against Kakuzu, he didn't master its stability so he had to use it at point blank range.

This time, by throwing it, he removes the possibility of himself being caught up in the jutsu's range.

And this episode was a meh at best. I couldn't see what everyone was talking about until the actual fight. Then I turned it off halfway.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 10:35   Link #14
herculan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah, this was...this was bad. Just plain bad. Bad animation, bad pacing, bad editing, silly to okay music. Even the voice acting sounded a little off (mostly because Naruto in Sage Mode sounds funny (Cage in Kick-Ass funny )). Even the good parts of the anime (Naruto 'wtfpwn'ing of Asura and throwing Mr. Rhino), still look just okay, but nothing to write home about (and defeating Absorption Pain had needless filler)). Don't even get me started on the needless first 8-10 minutes before the fight actually started...

Whoever was in charge of hiring the teams for this section of the anime needs to be fired, and their name black listed...
Well, the animation has been bad the last couple of months.. Got to agree withyou on that one, BUT the 'filler' part of the absorption pain was the one thing I did like about this episode.. They acctualy added something that explains it a bit better for some people that kept whining about it AND AND AND they showed us some tai-jutsu naruto sage mode style... Best ever.. Rest of the chapter was the same as the last few months. Complete crap.. Music, graphics, how they tell the story, editiing, pacing every thing sucks lately.. The animation went worse after the Itachi vs sasuke arc..
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 10:52   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Anyone else grabbed their monitor and screamed, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O" as the episode finished midway???

Will be back once I've this massive dosage of adrenaline under control. Btw, people aren't ridiculously spoiled will certainly like this episode. Will give more of my input once I recover.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 11:01   Link #16
Kakosan

Well, it was a great chapter in terms of what really happened, but I must encourage anime-only viewers to at least take a look at the manga chapter that is associated to this episode. You won't regret.

You know, if there's a frame that I always remember from the manga is the one where Naruto gives a look at both of Pain's summons, after throwing the rhino in the air. That look was freaking awesome in the manga, yet it was almost unnoticed in the anime version. Not to mention Naruto's entry... animation there was kid-like... they didn't add any transition between frames. It's a shame, really.

The animation of this fight could have been epic, but it wasn't.
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 12:05   Link #17
Bombo
TSF Fans

I asked last week in 162 thread...which will be best soundtrack for action
animation team or Mangacolors in youtube
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=3066260&postcount=3

After watching this episode and as manga reader....I'm so upset from soundtrack in this episode and they really ruined it ..But as animation was very good...

in the end Mangacolors team win for excited soundtrack and great timing
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 12:19   Link #18
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
The first time against Kakuzu, he didn't master its stability so he had to use it at point blank range.

This time, by throwing it, he removes the possibility of himself being caught up in the jutsu's range.

And this episode was a meh at best. I couldn't see what everyone was talking about until the actual fight. Then I turned it off halfway.
I just watched ep 88. I found the build up of that rasenshuriken much better/looking dangerous.

there should be a picture here. It's not showing
Old 2010-06-03, 13:06   Link #19
CubeE
Taju Kage Unagi No Jutsu!

The animation was terrible. The artwork was terrible. The music was terrible. Basically everything about this episode was terrible except for the awesome subject matter (which in my opinion was completely ruined by the animators' poor execution). This coupled with the fact that the manga has been particularly lame recently makes me think it's time to stop following this series.
CubeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 13:35   Link #20
Arjento

Rating: Good

Too much talking in the first half.

Nice action when it kicked in though.

BUT PLEASE TELL ME A THROWN FUUTON RASEN SHURIKEN IS NOT "THAT JUTSU"?! Epic fail if it is.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote