AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 56 39.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 33.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 16.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-10, 12:20   Link #81
Westlo
Lets be reality

This is a pretty big battle though ipernorris, everything so far has only been scouting or an advance party.. an entire swarm of Varja attacked Galaxy which is a massive step up from anything in episodes 1-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
@dom33. What EP of CG is that? (your avatar i mean).
It's episode 5 of R2.
Old 2008-05-10, 14:45   Link #82
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
This is a pretty big battle though ipernorris, everything so far has only been scouting or an advance party.. an entire swarm of Varja attacked Galaxy which is a massive step up from anything in episodes 1-4.
Yeah I agree that this is a battle and not a skirmish, but anyway it seemed the episode before the final one in the final part. I liked it and all, but I found it too intense, that's all.
Anyway it would be gold if the attack to Macross Galaxy was only a trap to lure Macross Frontier's forces away from the colony...
Old 2008-05-10, 17:10   Link #83
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The ending of episode 6 is the highlight of the week. But if we get this kind of ending so early, i hope it didnt raised my hope too high for an epic ending towards the end of the series.

Unfortunately animation detail took a dump this week, but the music was good (bgm near the end and Diamond Crevice)

Giving it a 7 this week.
Old 2008-05-10, 22:46   Link #84
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Impatiently awaiting to watch.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-05-11, 01:25   Link #85
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for 6:
Old 2008-05-11, 01:58   Link #86
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
Spoiler for 6:
Do you realize that after the war = Macross Frontier's ending? The one that is coming will be one of the many battles that will come in the future.
Old 2008-05-11, 11:49   Link #87
Westlo
Lets be reality

Gattai sub out!
Old 2008-05-11, 11:55   Link #88
yozaku
Always Idle

hope it is not fake like geass...
Old 2008-05-11, 12:03   Link #89
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
thanks, chihiro is the fake one in CG R2 06?
Old 2008-05-11, 12:07   Link #90
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's not fake, I grabbed the ass and I've watched a few scenes already. The music after the Seryl Press conference reminds me of the main theme for The Pirates of the Caribbean a lot.
Old 2008-05-11, 14:29   Link #91
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Very nice atmosphere in this ep with great usage of the music. I do agree that some of the character details looks kinda crappy this ep. but oh well, hopefully things will ratchet back up next yet ep.

I was drooling during the Macross Quater's launch. That is one pretty ship.
Old 2008-05-11, 14:32   Link #92
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah it got outsourced which is why the animation/designs aren't up to the usual standard, still I don't know why lots of people on Macross World are acting like this is RahXephon 21 bad... I also expect a few scenes to be redrawn... like the Alto to Sheryl earring transition where Sheryl's eyebrows are 3 times bigger than usual.
Old 2008-05-11, 14:43   Link #93
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

in all honestly this is the 1st time that the quality drop bothered me a bit. The 1st scenes with Ranka, the agent and Ozma really grated on me. The rest of the ep i didn't notice it.

At least the CG space/battle scenes has been top notch every time.
Old 2008-05-11, 14:45   Link #94
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I am enjoying this series more and more, so much in fact that I rewatched some of the previous episodes while waiting for the sub of this one. I can't believe this forum has so much less activity than the forums of some other popular series, let's not mention names in case some fans feel offended.

Sheryll is rapidly gaining points as far as I am concerned, at first she annoyed me but only a few episodes later, her determination and whole personality really appeals to me. Great setup episode before the battle, magnificent music as always, I wouldn't be surprised if soemone be killed in the coming battle as the atmopshere was a bit foreboding.

Old 2008-05-11, 15:31   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Even though I rather liked the episode, I feel like complaining about it. So if you don't like complaints, don't read on.

Biggest complaint: I could really have used a fight, there. I was getting all pumped up, too. Darn this waiting!

Even though I'm not a big fan of Diamond Crevasse, I was moved. But it felt like an ending to a 2 hours movie, or maybe a series finale. I do not like the idea of Macross Frontier being over!

I don't really like Macross Quarter. I look at it and thing "Airplane carrier in space".

Why didn't Alto put Sheryl's earring inside his suit? What if he has to eject and leave it behind?

I sympathize with Alto's reluctance to see Sheryl all humble and vulnerable. Sure, it's a cute side of her, but it's not the most admirable one. But it's nice to see she's really come to think of Alto as a friend.

Question: would it have been better for Alto to not lie? Or rather, why didn't he go to meet Ranka at the mall, after parting with Sheryl?

Speaking of, on the relationship front: looks like Luca likes Nanase, and Michel likes Ranka.

To end on a good note: I liked Sheryl's magic cloth. I wonder if we'll have clothes like that in my lifetime.

I also liked the suggestion of singing at the Vajra. Sure, it sounds completely absurd, but with the Macros-verse, it actually makes a lot of sense. "Attention, alien aggressors. I have a loaded teen idol, and I'm not afraid to use it!"
Old 2008-05-11, 16:00   Link #96
Errantkael

Good episode!

The music at the end really helped to make it eventful. I'm looking to the next episode so much i could explode

The super strained "take care of my little sister" made me crack up. The look on Ranka's face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't really like Macross Quarter. I look at it and think "Airplane carrier in space".
Yeah i didn't understand that either... how do they get Valkyries without being shot at in a combat situation?
Old 2008-05-11, 16:45   Link #97
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

heh the macross class ships are plenty powerful. For the recorded they've always been a combination of carrier and battleship.
Old 2008-05-11, 16:52   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well have gone along to strengthen the AltoxSheryl and cause a few issues with Ranka. Obviously what she saw and then the lie would really bother her. Not the best place to leave things off when he's being launched into a combat situation next episode. Well sure there will be ups and downs with both girls along the way. Not sure how these things will impact on Ranka's singing with Alto being a source of strength for her.

With all the not letting anyone die talk you know someone's going to go down. Or at least come out of it injured. Should be a great episode though.
Old 2008-05-11, 16:55   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah. That damn Ozma is totally jinxing his squad, here.

OTOH, Alto's insured his own safety. (Not that he needs it, being the male lead.) I'm not talking about Sheryl's lucky charm. I'm talking about his lie to Ranka. No way is he dying before being confronted by her about it.
Old 2008-05-11, 16:56   Link #100
cerrian

See that table Alto & gang were sitting at celebrating Ranka's signing? Need to get one of those tables for myself.
Closed Thread