AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-08-18, 01:07   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While not one of the extremely angry people was disapointed when I heard about the delay. To be honest hadn't been keeping track so closely that I knew the exact release date but knew it wasn't too far away. If they are just moving it to next summer to make more money that's annoying. I'd be going in November that's for certain as would many people. Release the movies when your ready and don't pull stunts like this.
Old 2008-08-18, 04:35   Link #42
Green˛
It's bacon!

There's an unconfirmed rumor that John McCain helped to push back the release date. Damned elections...
Green˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 07:55   Link #43
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I treat the movies as pretty slideshows and snippets from the books; in that view, they're always fun enough to watch. None of the Harry Potter movies ever strike me as the award-winning type though. They just aren't good enough stand-alone.

Mine is roughly the opposite, and I disagree: the franchise has been a phenomenon since the first book...because of the first book, that one with the least (nonexistent?) teen drama, you know.

The second and third also have a rather low to nonexistent quota of Harry Creek, and they continued the boom, so I really don't think your statement holds up.
But what teen drama can you stick in at age 11, they're not even teenagers (officially) until age 13 (third book)
And by age 16, in a mixed private school, are you seriously telling me that in everyday life there aren't boys and girls with various crushes and wanting their first kisses in your school? (or anyone else’s)

Yes there's a big bad after the entire wizarding community, but alike the threats of terrorism, or minor ones of muggings, murders, rapes (and a million other things)
That doesn't mean we stop going out to the streets, does it?
That doesn't mean we stop our lives regardless of all the badness, does it?

It's the same perspective in that, the kids still had to do their exams, still had to attend classes, they kept as many events running as normal (that included the ball in the 5th one) and Americans probably know this better than us, but ideally it'll be nice to go with someone to the Prom than go alone.
Also by age 15/16, I'm sure regardless of life, many teens will have crushes or an eye on someone they like, or other emotional hang ups. The most heard complaint that we got about book 5 in the UK when it came out was
'man... harry is really moody now'
(Me: well yeah... he's 15, he only has to defend his life every year, he aparently as a kid got rid of the big bad as a baby and has this weird reputation and expentance to somehow foil Voldermort again, can't put smiles on anyone's face if they had to deal with that.)

The teen drama is an element I (personally) saw Rowling incorporate into her stories as a nice dimension to remind us that, yes they know magic and aren't 'muggles' per se, but they're all still humans and very much teenagers, with the same set of hormones as the rest of us.
So I'm glad she brought it, like i said, I’m surprised nothing much happened before it seeing as they're British kids xD

As for further reasoning into why Warner decided to push until July:
Quote:
Warner executives said the date change was a business decision and not due to any production delays on "Half-Blood Prince." A recent Writers Guild of America strike had delayed production on some films, leaving a lighter lineup during 2009's busy summer season, Fellman said.
The July 17 release — the same weekend Warner Bros. debuted its blockbuster "The Dark Knight" this summer — offered better box-office potential for "Half-Blood Prince," Fellman said.
The change left a hole in Hollywood's overall schedule for Nov. 21, the week before Thanksgiving, one of the busiest weekends for theaters.
But fantasy fans will not have to do without: A day after "Half-Blood Prince" moved out, Summit Entertainment's vampire romance "Twilight," based on another best-selling series of books, moved in, switched from its scheduled Dec. 12 release to Nov. 21
Rest of article is here

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 08:52   Link #44
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green˛ View Post
There's an unconfirmed rumor that John McCain helped to push back the release date. Damned elections...
That rumor is stupid. They did it to get a ton more money out of people with a much larger Summer audience. That was the only reason.

Not that I care. I hate the series.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 15:59   Link #45
- Ishida -
The Last Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
That rumor is stupid. They did it to get a ton more money out of people with a much larger Summer audience. That was the only reason.
That is so true.
- Ishida - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 14:30   Link #46
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Ok! new update. here is the new trailer, hot off the internet

Finally,we get to see more fresh previews for the new movie.Enjoy!

http://www.movie-list.com/h/harrypotter6-tsr2.html

http://www.movie-list.net/harrypotte...iler2-720p.mov
Old 2008-10-27, 18:51   Link #47
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

oooo trailer gooides, thankies! ^^

edit:
nice to check out, of course the bastards had to fall to their favourite sin (greed) and delay til july, they need to change the end of the trailer.... -.-

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder

Last edited by Mystique; 2008-10-27 at 19:03.
Old 2008-10-31, 01:23   Link #48
m-mitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
While not one of the extremely angry people was disapointed when I heard about the delay. To be honest hadn't been keeping track so closely that I knew the exact release date but knew it wasn't too far away. If they are just moving it to next summer to make more money that's annoying. I'd be going in November that's for certain as would many people. Release the movies when your ready and don't pull stunts like this.
I was looking forward to the movie, too, but like FlareKnight I wasn't really angry about it. I just wish they wouldn't do this, unless they have good reason to. Pushing back the release date to make more money is ridiculous, in my opinion, because the film is going to make an unbelievable amount of money (on any date, to be honest) as it is.
m-mitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 06:41   Link #49
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Finally the long ass 8 month wait is over!!

and I gotta wait one more week before being able to catch it ><;;;;;;;

Story:
so i found a bis ass cinema near my workplace (pays to be in central tokyo) ^^
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8513/sn3e0120.jpg
Saw this and started getting giddy
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9753/sn3e0117.jpg
Then found that the last show had more or less sold out and pple were more or less in this kinda situation all over.
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5899/sn3e0119.jpg

This show was for 7.45 and i was there 7pm, so no go.
So decided to buy the ticket on fri for next wed and pick the best seat anyways xD
Aaaand this was the subtitle version (hurray) xD
(yes.. dubbed versions are also playing) ><;;;
Would have loved to be watching it this very moment, but the queues for today were insane, so heh not happening..

PS: Moderator-san, could you amend the thread title for July 2009, since it didn't quite make it last year

Old 2009-07-15, 07:09   Link #50
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
and I gotta wait one more week before being able to catch it ><;;;;;;;
If you want, you could also order on-line from Toho Theater's website. Their Roppongi Hills theater, according to the info, looks to have seats available for tomorrow (16 July)'s showings.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 07:15   Link #51
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Hasn't anyone noticed yet that Harry is spelt wrong in the thread title?

Anyway, I'm loking forward to watching this film. I'm sure it'll be great.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 12:48   Link #52
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Thread title has been corrected.
Old 2009-07-15, 17:19   Link #53
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
If you want, you could also order on-line from Toho Theater's website. Their Roppongi Hills theater, according to the info, looks to have seats available for tomorrow (16 July)'s showings.
On wednesday = ladies day and Mystique is a poor child, so gonna wait until then for cheap tickets, but thanks for the tip.
(I'll use it for Naruto and 20C boys when they come out over the next few weeks)
That and it's nice to not be in an incredibly packed out theatre room, so hopefully the die hard fans would have seen it a thousand times within the first week ^^

Old 2009-07-15, 20:05   Link #54
User91411
Disabled By Request

If I was still an 11 year old boy, I'd be bursting in my seat waiting to go to the movies. But I'm not 11 anymore. But I will admit the series has a great storyline and characters to it, and were enjoyable books/movies. Plus it makes money for everyone involved in it (and I'm not involved in it, unfortunately). And anyone remember this?

SNA-*shot*

Don't want to spoil anything lol.
User91411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 18:01   Link #55
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Me and my friends are excited to go watch the film. We're gonna watch it later tonight

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 00:38   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I find it interesting that the movies really can't stand separately from the books anymore (they have to slice and cut simply too much of the plot out). The movies (especially the last two or three) end up being a "Favorite Moments Visualized" of the books.

They're great to watch but there's so much missing and much that leaves a 'wtf?' if you haven't read the books.
Old 2009-07-17, 01:34   Link #57
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I find it interesting that the movies really can't stand separately from the books anymore (they have to slice and cut simply too much of the plot out). The movies (especially the last two or three) end up being a "Favorite Moments Visualized" of the books.

They're great to watch but there's so much missing and much that leaves a 'wtf?' if you haven't read the books.
If what you say is true, then it's quite ironic. If you haven't read the book, then it leaves you with a "wtf?," and if you have, then you'll be disappointed at how much was left out. This is why I can't really understand the HP movies hype. I haven't watched this yet, but I thought Order of Phoenix (the movie) was well done, so I'll be looking forward to this one, maybe.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2009-07-17 at 01:46.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 01:38   Link #58
FateAnomaly

I could never understand the appeal of HP. I couldn't even sit through the first hour of the first one.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 02:00   Link #59
Theowne
耳をすませば

Although I personally think Harry Potter took a major dive after the fourth book, I just think that it's impossible to properly adapt them for a single two hour film. So I agree with Vexx. I'm not really an intense fan of the series, but I do think there is something valuable in the (earlier, at least) books and that it's completely lost when translated to film. But even then, I don't think any director has ever really grasped the essence of the book or the characters. Ron and Dumbledore are two characters who have not had good treatment by filmmakers.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 08:16   Link #60
KimmyChan

The whole world & their dogs seem to be wanting to see this movie lataly

I've only seen the first 3 HP movies so far, and I'm no real rush to see the other 3
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote