AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-27, 10:18   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Amagami - Close to You (manga)

This thread is meant for discussion of the newly released Amagami - Close to You manga. Usual forum rules apply; post intelligently and have fun!
Old 2010-11-27, 10:55   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Reading the first chapter and..
Spoiler for Images:
Old 2010-11-27, 10:57   Link #3
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I read the first chapter and it was good. It's seems the main girl are Nanasaki and Rihoko and that the story will focus on this triangular relationship.
Old 2010-11-27, 11:04   Link #4
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Nice footy and sock action there. Should I consider it good that Junichi's imagination made a safe transition into this manga?
Old 2010-11-27, 11:08   Link #5
wingman32x

Hmm, Ai and Rihoko? That seems like a pretty odd combination to me for some reason.

Anyway, loved the chapter. Nanasaki is win as usual, and Rihoko was adorable this chapter, too.

Favorite part of the chapter was when Ai caught Junichi looking at her skirt as he was trying to say it was a misunderstanding. The scene at the end was funny, too.

Overall a good chapter.
Old 2010-11-27, 12:40   Link #6
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Setting up an Ai and Rihoko love triangle? This has potential.

Sure it's suspicious to be breathing heavily at the entrance to the pool, but how do you explain the perpetrator sitting on a kotasu?

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2010-11-27, 22:20   Link #7
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

An interesting pairing. Ai is quite a popular girl: She's close to Hibiki, was with Miya and Sae in an extra chapter and now is going to hang out apparently with Rihoko and Junichi at the Tea Club.
Old 2010-11-27, 22:26   Link #8
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
An interesting pairing. Ai is quite a popular girl: She's close to Hibiki, was with Miya and Sae in an extra chapter and now is going to hang out apparently with Rihoko and Junichi at the Tea Club.
That's what makes this series interesting to me. I was kind of surprised when I saw that Ai and Rihoko were going to be the central girls. I mean, to me at least, this is probably one of the oddest pairings they could have gone with. I didn't see it coming since I was under the assumption that they never met.

I'm not complaining though. I'm actually really excited about this series because of it. It's fresh, if you will.
Old 2010-11-27, 22:43   Link #9
Eclipze

Why do I get the feeling that Rihoko will "lose" in this?
Old 2010-11-28, 15:21   Link #10
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
That's what makes this series interesting to me. I was kind of surprised when I saw that Ai and Rihoko were going to be the central girls. I mean, to me at least, this is probably one of the oddest pairings they could have gone with. I didn't see it coming since I was under the assumption that they never met.

I'm not complaining though. I'm actually really excited about this series because of it. It's fresh, if you will.
I saw a Japanese favorite heroine poll and Ai was the clear winner. Perhaps the writers are aware of this which means we very well could be seeing a lot of Ai in future releases. Of course, I won't complain since she is my favorite as well.
Old 2010-11-28, 15:29   Link #11
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
I saw a Japanese favorite heroine poll and Ai was the clear winner. Perhaps the writers are aware of this which means we very well could be seeing a lot of Ai in future releases. Of course, I won't complain since she is my favorite as well.
I know. I was just saying that pretty much any other girl would be a better fit for Ai's "rival" this series.

But Rihoko? It's a rather interesting choice for me, which makes me look forward to new chapters.
Old 2010-12-01, 20:40   Link #12
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Am curious about this one as well....

Other than being another Ai fan, I wound up really liking Rihoko, and was sad to see how deflated of an end the anime gave her....
Old 2010-12-11, 15:49   Link #13
Skywalker007

Although I like Ai more than Rihoko, I hope that Rihoko won't get 'friendzoned' on this one.

Except that someone alter the reality and change entire Rihoko episode of course.
Old 2010-12-17, 16:25   Link #14
Ushima

Ahhh when does the next one come out!? DX

Tags
romance, seinen