AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 17:29   Link #361
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene098 View Post
Damn them...sitting in their cozy chairs, already having read the story....
actually Teh Ping added Volume 9 in his work, so he will definitely translating that volume later. it's just that he's still working on Baka to Test, so just be patient and don't blame the translator it will cause their moral down that lead to discontinuation.
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 20:10   Link #362
omegasereon

Quote:
Don't see you trying to help xD
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 22:36   Link #363
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Wow, really? How about showing appreciation for the work they've done so far?

Joke or not, if it weren't for these guys then we wouldn't get any of this at all.
Old 2012-04-14, 22:46   Link #364
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Don't see you trying to help xD
Taking classes for 300 for 5 months, trying to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Wow, really? How about showing appreciation for the work they've done so far?

Joke or not, if it weren't for these guys then we wouldn't get any of this at all.
If I was to show appreciation, I would do it where they could see.
Right now we are on a forum that allows users to freely discussing things, if it's appreciation I've already contacted them directly through mail several times.

You seem to bash on me quite a lot, no need to hate on my opinions.
Gene098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 23:13   Link #365
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

...Well, I'm just going to ignore the posts above me...

Will be working on Volume 9 next month. Chapter 3 of Volume 8 will be completed by Pryun and BeginnerXP. Desodus is busy with exams now, so Volume 8 chapter 1 will be put on hold (which is why I said that I can basically skip over volume 8 and go straight to volume 9, even though the latter's rather dry)

Don't ask me about chapter 2. It's done...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 23:22   Link #366
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
...Well, I'm just going to ignore the posts above me...

Will be working on Volume 9 next month. Chapter 3 of Volume 8 will be completed by Pryun and BeginnerXP. Desodus is busy with exams now, so Volume 8 chapter 1 will be put on hold (which is why I said that I can basically skip over volume 8 and go straight to volume 9, even though the latter's rather dry)

Don't ask me about chapter 2. It's done...
Hey brody...
As I was saying....GOOD JOB!
I will be joining you as soon as my classes are done.
Old 2012-04-14, 23:33   Link #367
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Then surely you must appreciate the difficulty of learning a language. Now try to imagine the difficulty in accurately translating between two languages.

Quote:
If I was to show appreciation, I would do it where they could see.
Right now we are on a forum that allows users to freely discussing things, if it's appreciation I've already contacted them directly through mail several times.

You seem to bash on me quite a lot, no need to hate on my opinions.
So because they can't see it, you can act however you want? No one's limiting your right to say whatever you want or hating your opinions. We're just pointing out that you're opinion shows a flaw in your perception towards the translators: entitlement.

The people at BT don't have to do this. They already know Japanese and can read the light novels in their original language. Other than satisfaction out of a sense of altruism, they gain nothing from translating light novel--they're volunteering to translate the light novels so that fans of SAO that don't speak Japanese can enjoy them too. Look at the list of all the projects that they're working on. SAO is just one of those. Under those circumstances, you should be thankful that they've been able to translate chapters at the rate that they have, and be more patient about future releases. If you look at the updates section, they just finished 11-15 of Aria yesterday.

From your other posts in this thread, you seem to be very passionate about SAO. That's fine, but don't let your passion undermine the efforts of the BT team in translating multiple light novels.

Anyways, to prevent derailing this thread any further, anyone else feel like 6000 players spread across 74 floors means that there are a lot of floors that are either unoccupied or sparsely populated? Assuming that an equal amount of people live on each floor, that would be around 81 players per floor.

But this isn't true. We know that Starting City is the base of the Army, which had 3000 members at the beginning of the game. Since 40% of the players died during a 2 year span, if we assume that the probability of the death of a person is independent of which group they belonged to (although Kirito stated that the people who fought on the front died much more quickly), we would have 1800 members of the army left. All of whom use the first floor as their base of operations. Then Kirito states that Algade is the biggest city in Aincrad. So it's safe to assume that over 1800 people frequent the 50th floor. Even if we were being conservative and say that only 20-30% of people that were on the 1st and 50th floors actually lived there, that would equate to 900 people (25%), leaving ~70 per floor for the other 72 floors.

But Kirito also states that the other 72 floors aren't equal in terms of popularity either. Grandum, the 55th floor, has a huge castle, so it probably has a lot of residents too (not to mention that's where Asuna's house is ). And chances are that the majority of the third group of people (criminals) would stay on the lower floors because they prey on the weak--that's about 300-400 players if we assume that a higher percentage of these people died/were taken care of by the Army (60-70%).

All in all, it makes me think that a lot of the floors have few to none people living there, and during the day, when activity centered around the 1st and 50th floors, they'd practically be deserted. I haven't played an MMORPG in a while, but the number of people seem a bit low compared to the number of floors Then again, it is generally true that the majority of activity centers around certain places IIRC, but not to the degree that is portrayed in SAO?
Old 2012-04-14, 23:47   Link #368
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Then surely you must appreciate the difficulty of learning a language. Now try to imagine the difficulty in accurately translating between two languages.

So because they can't see it, you can act however you want? No one's limiting your right to say whatever you want or hating your opinions. We're just pointing out that you're opinion shows a flaw in your perception towards the translators: entitlement.

The people at BT don't have to do this. They already know Japanese and can read the light novels in their original language. Other than satisfaction out of a sense of altruism, they gain nothing from translating light novel--they're volunteering to translate the light novels so that fans of SAO that don't speak Japanese can enjoy them too. Look at the list of all the projects that they're working on. SAO is just one of those. Under those circumstances, you should be thankful that they've been able to translate chapters at the rate that they have, and be more patient about future releases. If you look at the updates section, they just finished 11-15 of Aria yesterday.

From your other posts in this thread, you seem to be very passionate about SAO. That's fine, but don't let your passion undermine the efforts of the BT team in translating multiple light novels.

Anyways, to prevent derailing this thread any further, anyone else feel like 6000 players spread across 74 floors means that there are a lot of floors that are either unoccupied or sparsely populated? Assuming that an equal amount of people live on each floor, that would be around 81 players per floor.

But this isn't true. We know that Starting City is the base of the Army, which had 3000 members at the beginning of the game. Since 40% of the players died during a 2 year span, if we assume that the probability of the death of a person is independent of which group they belonged to (although Kirito stated that the people who fought on the front died much more quickly), we would have 1800 members of the army left. All of whom use the first floor as their base of operations. Then Kirito states that Algade is the biggest city in Aincrad. So it's safe to assume that over 1800 people frequent the 50th floor. Even if we were being conservative and say that only 20-30% of people that were on the 1st and 50th floors actually lived there, that would equate to 900 people (25%), leaving ~70 per floor for the other 72 floors.

But Kirito also states that the other 72 floors aren't equal in terms of popularity either. Grandum, the 55th floor, has a huge castle, so it probably has a lot of residents too (not to mention that's where Asuna's house is ). And chances are that the majority of the third group of people (criminals) would stay on the lower floors because they prey on the weak--that's about 300-400 players if we assume that a higher percentage of these people died/were taken care of by the Army (60-70%).

All in all, it makes me think that a lot of the floors have few to none people living there, and during the day, when activity centered around the 1st and 50th floors, they'd practically be deserted. I haven't played an MMORPG in a while, but the number of people seem a bit low compared to the number of floors Then again, it is generally true that the majority of activity centers around certain places IIRC, but not to the degree that is portrayed in SAO?
Normal human behavior dictate that people tend to gather around each other to form a group mentality in order to deal with dangerous times. Given how they are cut of from the people they know for so long most humans would naturally try to interact and try to form some sense of normacy to deal with stress and pressure from possibly never getting out of the game. Nobody would live in a city where no one lives in hence why the starting floor has so many people cause a lot live in there.

That makes Kirito sorta of a oddball considering how long he's been playing solo. He at least had some sort of interaction with other players I guess.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 00:07   Link #369
Gene098

Quote:

Hey brody...you typed a lot...good job
Old 2012-04-15, 00:38   Link #370
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
If you have Chinese background then it is possible, if not, then it must be 7 days per week otherwise it is impossible

Quote:
Since teleport is possible then it really depend on the taste of the player to choose which floor they want to live. Better designed floor will attract more people and some floors like the floor that has ghoul type monster will have less or no player want to live at all .

I also wonder about SAO economic like how they deal with inflation since coll is not printed but drop from monster
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 00:39   Link #371
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
If you have Chinese background then it is possible, if not, then it must be 7 days per week otherwise it is impossible

Since teleport is possible then it really depend on the taste of the player to choose which floor they want to live. Better designed floor will attract more people and some floors like the floor that has ghoul type monster will have less or no player want to live at all .

I also wonder about SAO economic like how they deal with inflation since coll is not printed but drop from monster
Yeah I have a chinese background
Old 2012-04-15, 01:05   Link #372
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post

Well SAO is in essence and MMORPG so its economy follows like the other. An example is DragonNest. When a level cap is released, items in that cap become extremely expensive first, the more powerful/rare the more so. Lower level items become cheaper as demand falls, especially the less rare. Rare/well enhanced equips still retain a value but it also dips. And once a period of time passes after the cap, the demand for the new items explode so prices go up. SAO should be the same or a little different, but i think the most exp stuff in sao is still the unique weapons/ crystals.
The value of coll shouldnt change since it has no exchange rate, being a prison game and all.
Coll dropped by mobs/selling items to npc->players-> other players(coll continues circulating) OR -> npc shops(coll leaves the economy)
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 01:20   Link #373
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Well SAO is in essence and MMORPG so its economy follows like the other. An example is DragonNest. When a level cap is released, items in that cap become extremely expensive first, the more powerful/rare the more so. Lower level items become cheaper as demand falls, especially the less rare. Rare/well enhanced equips still retain a value but it also dips. And once a period of time passes after the cap, the demand for the new items explode so prices go up. SAO should be the same or a little different, but i think the most exp stuff in sao is still the unique weapons/ crystals.
The value of coll shouldnt change since it has no exchange rate, being a prison game and all.
Coll dropped by mobs/selling items to npc->players-> other players(coll continues circulating) OR -> npc shops(coll leaves the economy)
Value isn't calculated based on exchange rate though. A specific currency can differ in value in its own right. Usually it's calculated using the equation V=1/P where P is price level. And do prices drop in Dragon Nest? Wouldn't it make more sense that as level caps increase, there would be harder monsters that would drop more money or better items. So stuf isn't necessarily getting cheaper, but rather players are getting wealthier.

You make a good point about the flow of money though. I hadn't thought of that
Old 2012-04-15, 01:24   Link #374
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Actually in most of my mmo experience, item value drops as more player hit higher levels as they wanna get rid of it for money to continue upgrading
Old 2012-04-15, 01:29   Link #375
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually in most of my mmo experience, item value drops as more player hit higher levels as they wanna get rid of it for money to continue upgrading
Fair enough I could see how that makes sense. And I really don't have enough MMO experience to counter that
Old 2012-04-15, 01:41   Link #376
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Value isn't calculated based on exchange rate though. A specific currency can differ in value in its own right. Usually it's calculated using the equation V=1/P where P is price level. And do prices drop in Dragon Nest? Wouldn't it make more sense that as level caps increase, there would be harder monsters that would drop more money or better items. So stuf isn't necessarily getting cheaper, but rather players are getting wealthier.

You make a good point about the flow of money though. I hadn't thought of that
Talking rare weapon, the weight of the weapon the player feels = the ratio between the weapon strength requirement according to Lizbet when she try to leap Kirito sword. However as the level goes up, so does strength stat, these mean that the sword is getting more lighter after each level and he still use the same sword for 4 full months while he said that he don't want to change how his sword swing feel in ARIA.

Also is it ok to put Quickness and heaviness there since these are feeling created by the system as I state above. The more your stat goes up the meaningless these enhancements are
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 22:43   Link #377
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Ok BT has been updated with the Ultimate end. But i still want a KazutoXAsuna wedding scene
Old 2012-04-17, 22:59   Link #378
Kaiyon

For me I guess I'm just mor interested in the whole design for the Seed itself, Akihiko Kayaba must home extremely thorough knowledge of alot of fields to beable to connect the brain senses and everything to a single world.....
Kaiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 23:21   Link #379
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

He's an acknowledged genius who isnt dead
Old 2012-04-18, 00:08   Link #380
tomtkp

Quote:
Ok BT has been updated with the Ultimate end. But i still want a KazutoXAsuna wedding scene
Yeah, I saw that just now in BT. But don't worry, that "Ultimate End" is non-canon according to Kawahara sensei in his Twitter page (while answering fan's question).

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality