AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-07, 02:04   Link #61
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After 2 years I thought I'd be used to it by now but no. As usual, 10 seconds of Kuroneko/Kyousuke sexual tension is enough to justify 15 minutes of Kirino/Kyousuke (un)sexual tension.

Therefor this:

Spoiler for Large Image:

Oh hey Ruri why that embarrassed fa-
Old 2013-04-07, 02:12   Link #62
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
After 2 years I thought I'd be used to it by now but no. As usual, 10 seconds of Kuroneko/Kyousuke sexual tension is enough to justify 15 minutes of Kirino/Kyousuke (un)sexual tension.

Therefor this:

Spoiler for Large Image:

Oh hey Ruri why that embarrassed fa-
Seeing her like that is just beautiful.
Go, go, go, Kuroneko!
Old 2013-04-07, 02:33   Link #63
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

7/10, I honestly wanted to rank this episode lower.

To a certain extent the first episode failed to live up to my expectations.

I see this episode as a review of what has happened so far: reestablishing the various characters, refreshing major plot developments and such. Given how there is a lot of material cover I expected the episode to jump right into action. Somehow the episode failed to have the same impact as the first episode in season 1 - the comedy is rather lacking imo.

Young kirino is cute (until she went all tsuntsun).

The ED (technically OP) didn't feel as catchy as Irony, will listen a few more times and see if it will grow on me.

Ayase did the preview, can't wait to see more of her! <3
Old 2013-04-07, 02:53   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Somehow the episode failed to have the same impact as the first episode in season 1 - the comedy is rather lacking imo.
Well, yeah -- this episode was almost an anti-comedy (even though there were a few comedic parts); it's all about setting up the conflicts in the characters. I'd almost say that it's a sign that the first season wrapped things up a little too cleanly even though the story was far from over, but rather than start things with a separate arc, they have to pick right off where they left off and deal with the "aftermath". It's definitely a challenging opening episode in that sense. It's banking a lot on your existing investment in the characters.

In the end, I'd say that the opening episode is the setup for a romantic drama rather than a romantic comedy, though I think they'll still lighten things a bit up next week.
Old 2013-04-07, 03:11   Link #65
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Young kirino is cute (until she went all tsuntsun).

The ED (technically OP) didn't feel as catchy as Irony, will listen a few more times and see if it will grow on me.
I think the tsun young Kirino is just Kyousuke's imagination His mind automatically link the Kirino that he remember from the past with the current Kirino and ended up with that dream
Old 2013-04-07, 04:04   Link #66
Haiprbim
Banned

Okay, just completed watching the 1st episode.
A truly great opening for a new season, cannot wait to see more!
Old 2013-04-07, 07:59   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And thus we return to the adventures of the world's most hardworking Onii-chan

It's a decent enough reintroduction to the characters and the story. It's normal, nothing too exciting, but at the same time not entirely boring either. Like Relentless said it's about setting up character conflicts again.

I know CLARIS does wonderful work all around, but I wonder if they put in a little something extra whenever do so a song for OreImo ? Love the OP song.
Old 2013-04-07, 08:26   Link #68
Solafighter
Hige

How cute, Kousaka.
Old 2013-04-07, 08:46   Link #69
GVN.Chaos

^:Sorry, but this I agree with Kirino. He is disgusting
Old 2013-04-07, 08:55   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Eroge are a corrupting influence
Old 2013-04-07, 08:57   Link #71
Tranhieu

Not as eventful as I expected, but those few seconds of Ruri are enough to brighten the whole episode.

The new OP is so nice! Kz did a fine job again, just right after the release of Redial I have something else of his to look forward to

Last edited by Tranhieu; 2013-04-07 at 09:25.
Old 2013-04-07, 09:13   Link #72
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
^:Sorry, but this I agree with Kirino. He is disgusting
He is hot, cool, awesome, hot, cool, awesome and hot!
No one shall say otherwise!
Burn in animated hell!

Old 2013-04-07, 09:31   Link #73
SidVicious
Anime addict

Not enough Saori.
Old 2013-04-07, 09:33   Link #74
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The anime reminded me again.. how embarrassing it is to be an anime fan to that extreme ahhh!!!! I love it!!!
Old 2013-04-07, 09:52   Link #75
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
He is hot, cool, awesome, hot, cool, awesome and hot!
No one shall say otherwise!
Burn in animated hell!

He is both hot and cool? lol
Old 2013-04-07, 10:45   Link #76
arkxkra
全力全開

nice and love the OP.
Old 2013-04-07, 10:48   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This second season wasted no time reminded me why I hate Kirino so much. Based on the flashback shown at the beginning of the episode, it seems like Kyousuke is partly responsible for turning his sister into such a ****. You get the little sister you deserve, I guess. Still, there's no excuse for her attitude right now after everything he's done to make up with her. She's just being a bitch. I don't get how she's supposed to be remotely likable. Am I expected to fawn over her because "aww, look, she's such a helpless otaku just like us"? Because that kind of obvious pandering is not working. The title of this series remains a big lie.

As usual, the best scenes were the ones without Kirino in them. Kuroneko single-handedly salvaged this episode. The true route episodes were truly a blessing, if only they could have continued forever... alas, life is often cruel and we don't always get what we want.
Old 2013-04-07, 10:52   Link #78
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

They've really had the money thrown at them for the animation this time. The scene with Kureneko is proof of that. Those detailed facial features and emotions.

Good start, now bring on Railgun.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:03   Link #79
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This second season wasted no time reminded me why I hate Kirino so much. Based on the flashback shown at the beginning of the episode, it seems like Kyousuke is partly responsible for turning his sister into such a ****.
I'm with GVN.Chaos above in that I suspect that was only a dream that didn't actually happen -- or at least, the second part for sure. It wouldn't be so surprising if he grew up and discovered at one point that hanging out with his sister isn't "cool" (that's pretty normal), but I think that was current-day Kirino's attitude infecting his dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Still, there's no excuse for her attitude right now after everything he's done to make up with her. She's just being a bitch.
On the one hand I agree with you, but I think the show was also trying to show why the resulting situation was hard on Kirino. She's a pretty prideful girl used to finding success in everything she does, and though in retrospect she'll see more and more than Kyousuke did her a favour, in the short-term she has to apologize to a lot of different people for failing to live up to their expectations, and also for not doing things properly (staying in touch) while she was gone. The father was all-too-eager to step in and help, but that would just hurt her pride even further. I think that's why Kuroneko and Saori realized that she wasn't herself yet; her impetuous decision to rush home, at Kyousuke's prompting, meant she had to spend a lot of time lowering her head and apologizing. Something she's not very good at. And on a certain level, she probably feels conflicted about Kyousuke's role in the matter; in her frustration, she may want to blame him, even though he's not really at fault. (Note that Kyousuke half-expected her to blame him and hate him for it, but she didn't.)

Does that totally excuse her attitude? No, of course not. But I think there's more going on then her just being randomly bitchy. Once she's finally done bowing her head to everyone and apologizing and trying to get her life back in order (no longer the superstar with no faults), then she starts to open up again through the gateway they share -- her hobby. Coming to terms with your own limitations in hard, particularly for someone like that at that age.

(Probably worth noting that Kirino doesn't really open up to anyone in her frustration. With friends like Ayase, and all the people at school, she's definitely putting on a front. With her parents, she just wants to do things herself without them babying her. And Kyousuke's left feeling the brunt of her frustration. Her hobby is the closest to her true self, but even there she's sort of running away. Her hobby friends are the one who really see what's going on, but they are just sort of standing back and letting her deal with it (because they know that forcing their way in isn't going to help). Although she definitely knows how to put on an act, she's so fiercely prideful and independent that it's really her biggest weakness. I'm not condoning her actions, but I do think she's a fascinating character.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-07 at 11:15.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:15   Link #80
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Does that totally excuse her attitude? No, of course not. But I think there's more going on then her just being randomly bitchy. Once she's finally done bowing her head to everyone and apologizing and trying to get her life back in order (no longer the superstar with no faults), then she starts to open up again through the gateway they share -- her hobby. Coming to terms with your own limitations in hard, particularly for someone like that at that age.
Reading that actually made me think you were describing a real life person rather than an anime character. While exaggerations in bulk do exist, there is some sense of realism in their personalities rather than being carbon copies of trope(s).