Old 2010-03-24, 00:17   Link #901
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

ep 23 is so sad
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 00:32   Link #902
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Huh I thought this was a double episode?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 00:34   Link #903
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I thought that too. I haven't seen ep. 24 out yet though.
Old 2010-03-24, 00:37   Link #904
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well if it is a double episode I hope it comes out. I'm gone for two weeks this monday so I even half to watch Cross Game RAW to save myself the torment. Adding Kobato to that mix isn't good for my mental state.
Old 2010-03-24, 00:46   Link #905
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well if it is a double episode I hope it comes out. I'm gone for two weeks this monday so I even half to watch Cross Game RAW to save myself the torment. Adding Kobato to that mix isn't good for my mental state.
That was an evil cliffhanger there. Hopefully some more resolution will be done in ep. 24.

Oh well, we all guessed wrong on what Kobato was.
Old 2010-03-24, 01:02   Link #906
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

ep 23 = ' _')bbbbbbbbbbbb

where's 24??
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 01:02   Link #907
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So no finale this week? Ugh agony ugh.
Old 2010-03-24, 02:48   Link #908
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
For those that are worried, I'll confirm for people that episode 24 aired. On another note, I'd say the series turned out pretty well over all.

Spoiler for Episode 24:
Old 2010-03-24, 03:05   Link #909
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ah ok thanks. I was only able to find 23 online so I thought 24 never aired.
Old 2010-03-24, 03:44   Link #910
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Newtype doesn't lie. Just because you can't find it online doesn't mean it didn't air.
Old 2010-03-24, 04:21   Link #911
Divaa

24 raw was online.
Divaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 07:29   Link #912
orion

Prob just not where people "normally" look.
Old 2010-03-24, 07:46   Link #913
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Spoilers ahead... ugh.

Wow. Episode 23 is downright hilarious at times... and really poignant on the others. First off I must take my hat off to Madhouse, the animation for this episode was fantastic and the pacing felt almost perfect. I'm almost absolutely sure this is one of those episodes where the team planned and prepared well ahead, knowing full well it would be big and it had to deliver, and boy did it ever.

To me it's always been rather vague just what Kobato's wish is. We all know she was after something and she believed that collecting that candy would grant her her wish. The thing is we were never privy to just what exactly her wish is, only that it's really important. After seeing this episode, it seems to me that Kobato doesn't really have a "specific" wish as it is a "general" objective. Her wish is something tied to specific entity, person or thing or whatnot but a certain general "something." That probably doesn't make much sense but my point being that what she wants and what she feels strongly for is tied to a certain emotion and/or a certain belief rather than something concrete. This "thing" she gets doesn't have to be a certain something she had already decided on beforehand, as long as it achieves for her this wish she desires.

It's like say... many roads leading to a specific location. It doesn't have to be one specific road to one specific place, but a multitude of ways to get where she is going. As such I still hold on to the belief that her wish now is tied perhaps to Fujimoto himself.

After spending the whole day together, her almost nonchalant and matter-of-fact telling to Fujimoto that she cannot spend the day with him tomorrow was completely heartbreaking. I haven't teared up this much in almost half a year.

I had a lot of theories just as to who, or what, Kobato is, but the blatant truth considering how it was presented is just as shocking.... if not actually rather sad. I'll at least not say it out here, but goddammit this is getting all Clannad-ish on me. Fuck.

Suffice to say I cried like a little bitch when the the rainbow beam came down. Ugh. So to put this point into perspective...

Spoiler for Big ass spoiler pics:

Another thing of note is how the ending of the episode took Deus Ex Machina and made it its bitch. In most other shows we'd have had a happy ending right then and there but now we must settle for their harsh reality. As much as I tend to dislike Deus Ex I may have been content to have one here, but as Kohaku said, the contract can't be changed. In other times Ioryogi spouting flame would be funny, instead it comes off as last-ditch attempt as desperation. I may have ran out of tears here.

Still.... I believe in a just God so....

You have one last episode at redemption Fujimoto. For the both of you. You better damn well make it count.

Best episode of the series.
Old 2010-03-24, 09:22   Link #914
Thoguht

Quote:
I believe in a just God
So do I, but at times, justice can be a hard thing to bear. From Fujimoto's perspective, Kobato was stuck in a bargain more suited to the Devil than to God - if she hadn't filled the jar then she would cease to exist, if she had then she would still have to go away. In both cases, he loses her. Let's hope for a resolution in the last episode, then we can both dry our eyes
Thoguht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 11:34   Link #915
orion

Quote:

After spending the whole day together, her almost nonchalant and matter-of-fact telling to Fujimoto that she cannot spend the day with him tomorrow was completely heartbreaking. I haven't teared up this much in almost half a year.
And that's the part that I commend Kobato on. It was very mature of her not wanting to upset and still do her best for Fujimoto but recognizing that reality is a cruel thing.

Bunny didn't even flinch at that fireball. Gotta wonder how powerful the little guy really is.
Old 2010-03-24, 11:38   Link #916
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Bunny didn't even flinch at that fireball. Gotta wonder how powerful the little guy really is.
More then just being powerful, you have to take into consideration where the Usagi is from, and how such things wouldn't be able to harm it.
Old 2010-03-24, 12:37   Link #917
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Usagi still scares the crud out of me here, that little giggle just makes me shiver. So, 23, I hadn't given much thought to the idea that Kobato might be dead but then again, none of the CLAMP works so far have touched on where the dead go so there wasn't much to speculate on (so I guess the dead don't eat either? How odd, are there any Japanese folk tales that say this?).
Hope the subs come out for 24 soon!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 12:53   Link #918
Kaguya
an idler

Ep.24 of Kobato is the best ending in this season so far.
Since there will probably exist no sequel, it is the clear end.
The part which was not explained by Anime will be complemented by Manga although those stories differ.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:26   Link #919
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Last episode was pretty lol. It was pretty obvious as to why Wish was apart of this adaptation, though at least now we know for certain.
Old 2010-03-24, 18:00   Link #920
Thoguht

Well, thankfully I got my resolution. All I want now is a Wish anime, made by the same team.

Just one question, which follows on from Kobato looking (and sounding) quite a bit younger at the end. Fujimoto studied law, which is a long course, plus he may have only been doing it part-time because he needed to work so much to fund his studies. Then he was working at the law company for 4 years after he qualified. So, on the assumption that when Kobato vanished in Fujimoto's arms she was at that moment reborn, how old would that make her now?
Thoguht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, clamp, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen