AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-28, 21:13   Link #41
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

May be how he looked when he was a hollow, it does look more primal-ish.
Old 2008-02-29, 00:17   Link #42
Jays

I want to go a bit off topic here.

For quite some time now we've seen one fight after another with little to no plot development, and virtually many fights lacking in substance, that's why many of us have been saying "I hope Ichigo/Byakuya/Mayuri/Zaraki finishes of Grimmjow/Zomari/Sayzel/Nnoitra soon" or "Can't they just die already?". But do you think Kubo has made a mistake in that regards, that his fights now aren't what they use to be?

I was reading some of the responses on the Anime thread to see what some people who don't read the manga, think of what will happen. Even though I'm sure most of you know at what poin the Anime is on, but just in case for those who don't, currently it is at the moment when Ulquiorra impales Ichigo/before Grimmjow recues Orehime. One of the users pointed out several ideas, such as Ichigo having a Zangetsu moment, or his hollow having another revolt; to me that actually sounded interested, something else than a lame fight!

The point that I am trying to labouriously get at is that Bleach, or rather Kubo seems to have somehow lost his touch with this arc - I still found the Arrancar arc manga wise to be very fullfilling and good - I just that it became to much of a Shounen series and not what Bleach was. I thought Bleach used to have this cool 'punk' aesthetic look to it that made it stand out, but now it seems that it's just become some regurgitated Shonen story.

What do you guys think? Am I right here, or am I dead off?
Old 2008-02-29, 00:23   Link #43
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Jays, I don't know about you, but KT is always under pressure. Every mangaka that has his work in SJ is under pressure. The moment their popularity begins to slip, the editors throw it out of the window. Past success and credentials don't matter (Shaman King and the author of R. Kenshin are "victims" of this.). Hence, deviations from the tried-and-tested are NOT rewarded in SJ (See One Piece and Naruto).

I'm thinking that KT himself may not like this step backward towards an "ordinary" SJ series, but for the sake of possible later breakthroughs, he'll have to endure for now.
Old 2008-02-29, 00:28   Link #44
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Jays, I don't know about you, but KT is always under pressure. Every mangaka that has his work in SJ is under pressure. The moment their popularity begins to slip, the editors throw it out of the window. Past success and credentials don't matter (Shaman King and the author of R. Kenshin are "victims" of this.). Hence, deviations from the tried-and-tested are NOT rewarded in SJ (See One Piece and Naruto).

I'm thinking that KT himself may not like this step backward towards an "ordinary" SJ series, but for the sake of possible later breakthroughs, he'll have to endure for now.
I agree, but argueably, what made Bleach big was the style it had, the fact it was somewhat different, at least to me from Naruto, and others.
Old 2008-02-29, 00:31   Link #45
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
I agree, but argueably, what made Bleach big was the style it had, the fact it was somewhat different, at least to me from Naruto, and others.
Agreed. That is why Bleach, and not Naruto/One Piece, had won the Shogakuken Manga Award for the Shounen category. But, like I said, SJ editors have no qualms cutting off a series if its popularity is not up to par.

But, on the whole, I'm not too displeased with the fights. The captains were paired to engage their respective Espada due to their similarities on the surface.

Also, I guess my patience is long because I mostly follow monthly mangas, not weekly. If you equate 4 weekly chapters to 1 monthly one, you'll really go "WTF" at the slow pace of Claymore.
Old 2008-02-29, 01:33   Link #46
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I have to say that bleach is still entertaining, the current arc doesn't have the greatness of the ss arc but that's ok with me. Why? Because this time we already know what will come after that.. and we knew that this arc would turn out kind of lame because Ichigos team had no chance to begin with. A friend of mine who only watches the anime asked me after this weeks ep: "ok, please spoil me and tell me who will come to the rescue, this arc is already over, is it the vizard's turn?" - This describes it pretty good, this friend of mine is also waiting for the winter war, and that's the point. The poor plot development suffers from the fact that everbody knows what lies ahead.. it's still bleach, and still nice to watch/read, but it's not as thrilling as the SS arc was.. where we saw Hitsugaya on his discovery tour next to all the spectacular battles and the big turn with Aizen's evil plan. That's where the story runs into it's own limits right now.. but this will end soon, and up from there it's all up to Kubo to show us the grande finale where he can go full out and where he can make use of the vizard group, isshins backstory, 100%-vastolorde-espadas(that's also a reason why so many espadas had to die), aizen-trio with vizard powers etc etc, all the limits will be blown away when this "emergency arc"(Szayel is the best case to describe in what kind of pinch Kubo must have been and what he had to do to buy time..) ends.
Old 2008-02-29, 03:37   Link #47
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Sexy Noi Noi

Quote:
There was a time when I was Noi Noi fan . That time I had come across an entertaining and hilarious Noi AMV to the music of Right Said Fred - I am too Sexy by GinIchimaru on YouTube .

As Noi Noi is dead and gone : probably : that AMV is a befitting tribute

I especially love that line : How far have you disciplined her
Old 2008-02-29, 03:57   Link #48
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Lol, that's a great tribute to Noitorra. Good to know he has his infatuated fans too, not just Ichigo. I'm sure there'll be a great AMV to him from this fight also, eventually. I wonder if Kubo'll keep him alive for a comeback later or not?
Old 2008-02-29, 06:56   Link #49
kaotika

Noi still has one power-up left in him, imo. The 6-hand technique, 300% better than Kenpachi's kendo hooey phooey.

Then Kenpachi can learn the name of his sword and bankai at the same time, releasing enough reiatsu to envelop all of Hueco Mendo, accidentally awakening the Hogyoku to a near complete state.

Aizen will descend from the sky in a pink frilly apron, looking down upon everyone with his stupid, evil-bishie grin, "All is according to plan!..I had to do some cleaning before our Christmas party..err...winter war, ne?"

Everyone's like OH SHI- Aizen's here, let's run! Except Chado. He's like "I realized while I was near-dead for like half a century that..my grandfather's spirit is not in my right arm. He's the old man espada!" and Chado joins Aizen.

Ichigo baws. Unohana releases Minazuki, which swallows all of the good guys. She then releases it's bankai: Minazuki Warp Speed. They travel through an inter-dimensional wormhole to Karakura town, fleeing to safety.

Thus begins the save Chado Arc.
Old 2008-02-29, 08:42   Link #50
Ichimaru

The stupid thing about kenpachis powerup, so what was stopping him from swingin with 2 hands in the past?
Old 2008-02-29, 08:54   Link #51
MezzoDragon

He wanted to make the fight last. If he used 2 hands, even with his eye patch, it could end the fight too soon for him.
Old 2008-02-29, 09:31   Link #52
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

^That and he probably didn't think his life was in any danger.
Old 2008-02-29, 09:39   Link #53
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I am dissapointed slightly *__* I dont have problems with Ken whooping Noi butt . This left me high and dry
My sentiments exactly...I thought is was going to better and LONGER. So far Pinky had the best defeat and fought the longest...and that's not good!

I expected much more...Kendo?*Severly Depressed*
Old 2008-02-29, 09:46   Link #54
ThoHell

I'm sorry, but that was one lame ending to a battle....... using 2 hands making a world of a difference in things, especially in power, but this was just lame...... I guess I was jut hoping for more. Anyone thinkg Noi had just more than hatred and jealousy towards Nel? Maybe a little unconscious crush, but couldn't win her over or impress her.....

That was just like Zaraki though, to walk away after knowing you had won. He prefers to have all his strong opponents alive so he can fight them later on, but Noi had too much pride...
Old 2008-02-29, 10:34   Link #55
Mists

That was kinda silly. Noi was supposed to be portrayed as a merciless guy who just killed for the heck of it because everyone else was weaker...

Yet he cut Chad a break.
Old 2008-02-29, 10:49   Link #56
BleachOD
Banned

Lol at the amv GETA...ROFLMAO! I had to steal it and post on my site...

Well after staring at the raw...I am no longer depressed...Ken-Chan looked so cool!

Does Noi have a thing for Nel? Is that a look of...Love...I see?
Old 2008-02-29, 10:51   Link #57
unameit

is it just me or bleach fight now become more and more lame??
Old 2008-02-29, 10:56   Link #58
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

It seems to me that Nel did have something for Nnoi. I am really looking forward for Nel's role in this arc.

I wonder who would be the next opponent in next chapter. I bet it's Tousen seeking "justice"
Old 2008-02-29, 11:00   Link #59
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Initially I was think Noi is a sexist based on his comments on Nel but after the flashback I can say he is nothing more than brash delinquent . And though I havnt read the chapters but I can say from the summary Nel and Noi have something ...
Old 2008-02-29, 11:24   Link #60
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

"That's because you are weaker than I" from Nel about following Nnoi around is BS. It seems she feared for him but she wont admit it (just yet?).

I doubt Nnoi had any feelings towards Nel except for hatred.
Closed Thread