AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-03-04, 00:53   Link #61
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just to follow up on something I had posted a few weeks ago in the General thread (that was really more on-topic here)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
With the production changes, I'm wondering whether the new season will still be a year-long production that airs on Saturday mornings, or if it's being moved to a late-night otaku slot (and might go for the more usual 24/26 episode length). I guess we'll see, though.
As it turns out, it is being moved to a late-night slot. Saturday mornings at 1:23am, to be exact. Perhaps they figure (based in part on the good DVD sales, I'm sure) that the show worked better as an otaku show than as an "all-ages"/kids show. I guess we might speculate what else this change might imply, but I'd be willing to bet that the rest of my speculation will come true as well (re: 24-26 episode length, instead of a full year). Regardless, the OVA will be out on Friday, and the second season will begin airing on March April 4th.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-03-05 at 20:29. Reason: see correction below
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 04:35   Link #62
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

I think it's April 3, not March 4, concerning the second season.

sources: http://websunday.net/news/ and http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090304#p1

Last edited by frustra; 2009-03-04 at 06:42. Reason: added source
frustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 05:10   Link #63
Astrid Widjaja
Anime 4eva
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
REALLY?!?!?!?!
I'm really looking forward to this series!!
WAAAAA,,,
Astrid Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 23:34   Link #64
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Any news regarding which production company will be doing season 2? (i.e. is J.C. Staff doing the second season as well as the OVA, or is Synergy SP doing the second season as they did the first season, with J.C. Staff just doing the OVA?)

Last edited by Cat Megex; 2009-03-05 at 00:32.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 01:12   Link #65
neothe0ne

What the FUCK is ELISA doing in my Hayate no Gotoku!?

2) Did KOTOKO die?

edit:
now that I've gotten over BIG SHOCK,

new OP: Wonder Wind / ELISA
new ED: 本日、満開ワタシ色! / 桂ヒナギク with 白皇学院生徒会三人娘 starring 伊藤 静 with 矢作紗友里&中尾衣里&浅野真澄
(Hinagiku Katsura with HAKUO THREE AMIGA starring Shizuka Ito with Sayuri Yahagi & Eri Nakao & Masumi Asano)

Last edited by neothe0ne; 2009-03-05 at 01:31.
neothe0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 07:01   Link #66
Mentar
Banned

Keep in mind that the first Season basically completely cut out the whole romance storyline around Hina/Ayumu following Valentine's day. This is a totally vital part of the show, and I'm still mad that they pushed out endless waves of fluffy 1/2-episode sidestories without any real impact and neglect the meat of the story ^_^;

I demand a proper animation of this storyline in S2! Raah!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-03-05 at 20:33. Reason: Hayate no Gotoku manga is licensed!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 14:34   Link #67
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Any news regarding which production company will be doing season 2? (i.e. is J.C. Staff doing the second season as well as the OVA, or is Synergy SP doing the second season as they did the first season, with J.C. Staff just doing the OVA?)
based on the images they used in the official site, it's safe to assume that JC Staff will be doing the second season as well, considering that character design is the same as that of the OVA)

and yeah, i'm not used to JC Staff's version yet. I prefer Synergy SP's character design.
Old 2009-03-05, 17:42   Link #68
Dr. Casey

I prefer Synergy's character designs by a small margin, but JC Staff's are fine with me. The episode count being more than cut in half does make me miss Synergy, though.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 20:30   Link #69
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post

sources: http://websunday.net/news/ and http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090304#p1
Sorry -- I meant to say April 4th -- typo. It's not actually April 3rd because the time is "25:23", which really means 1:23am on the 4th given the way you usually write dates in English.
Old 2009-03-05, 22:52   Link #70
xellos2099

Think they will focus more on Hayate x Hinagiku on this season? They really need to animate the birthday tower thing and if the ghost prist show up and the nun will be great.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 23:39   Link #71
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Think they will focus more on Hayate x Hinagiku on this season? They really need to animate the birthday tower thing and if the ghost prist show up and the nun will be great.
This is fairly obvious.
1) Hinagiku solo ED theme in the OVA.
2) 1st ED of the 2nd season has Hina lead.
3) random promo/cover art showing off Hina and Nagi.

unfortunately, i think the answer to your question is yes. (I'd prefer a different ed but that's just me =\)
Old 2009-03-06, 03:41   Link #72
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Keep in mind that the first Season basically completely cut out the whole romance storyline around Hina/Ayumu following Valentine's day. This is a totally vital part of the show, and I'm still mad that they pushed out endless waves of fluffy 1/2-episode sidestories without any real impact and neglect the meat of the story ^_^;

I demand a proper animation of this storyline in S2! Raah!
This time there should be story, and lots of it. Given the timeslot where it is now situated, it's quite obvious the management thinks it has failed in the demographic the first season was aimed at, preteens.

However I guess it was successful with the fans of the manga, and here we go a second season, this time truly for them, with manga arcs animated unbroken.

ELISA. What. How did she overcome the endless abyss that separates ef and HnG?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 16:09   Link #73
justsomeguy

Does anybody know what Synergy SP is doing after ZKC? I wasn't happy about how they trashed the story halfway through the first show, but then again I'm afraid because JC Staff can do even worse (ZnT).

ELISA singing the next OP is WTF. I didn't like her singing voice for any of the ef songs. I thought she sounded too sorrowful, or was that because of lack of processing? Anyways, Hayate theme songs should not sound so serious.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 19:37   Link #74
Midonin
Last Engage

Judge not by the singer, judge by the song.

I'm excited and will hold back on any jumping to conclusions until the show actually debuts.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 00:11   Link #75
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Does anybody know what Synergy SP is doing after ZKC? I wasn't happy about how they trashed the story halfway through the first show, but then again I'm afraid because JC Staff can do even worse (ZnT).
See also the OVA thread where this was discussed a bit, but J.C. Staff is only one part of the team that works on this production, so however the story gets "trashed" isn't necessarily their say. But in terms of Synergy SP, they're doing production assistance on the new Beyblade show, if I recall.
Old 2009-03-07, 00:36   Link #76
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
See also the OVA thread where this was discussed a bit, but J.C. Staff is only one part of the team that works on this production, so however the story gets "trashed" isn't necessarily their say. But in terms of Synergy SP, they're doing production assistance on the new Beyblade show, if I recall.
What a waste. Synergy SP was reasonably good at animating, regardless of the liberties they took with the story. JC Staff's Potemaios-like style in the OVA was definitely a step down.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 07:19   Link #77
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

hmmm.... the series needs more hina anyways. If they follow the manga's story lines then i'll be satisfied!

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou
shinryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 06:05   Link #78
delacroix01
Whatever

I actually prefer the way Synergy did with the 1st season. It'd be boring if they just follow the entire story of the manga when I had already read it. I'm a fan of Nagi, so season 1 was more than enough for me, too bad it's highly possible that JC Staff will do the 2nd season. <_<
delacroix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 00:13   Link #79
Darkoff
Nipaah!

so... will there only be 13 eps or 51 or 24 or 26 etc etc in the second season?
Old 2009-03-23, 01:14   Link #80
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoff View Post
so... will there only be 13 eps or 51 or 24 or 26 etc etc in the second season?
Nobody knows for sure yet, though you can see some speculation earlier in the thread. We should know more in the coming weeks as they start soliciting more merchandise.