AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-09, 01:18   Link #14421
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Keep in mind we've only actually seen two out in the sunlight with no protection... but by doing a little digging, it seems that the Shinsos also don't need blood to survive... though I'm sure it's a tasty snack, as Moka has demonstrated more than once. They also seem to not be weak to the classic stuff... come to think of it, Tsukune's sorta closer to being a shinso than Moka, since Moka has the weakness to water... maybe it's because of the half contributed by Issa? And Tsukune naturally has lack of it because he was human to begin with
don't forget that kokoa isn't related to a Shinso
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 01:22   Link #14422
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
*watches that theory die* aw... and I was fond of it too. Anyways, the bottom line is that in general, Shinso are simply a more uber version of the classic vampire... not saying this may be entirely true for this series, but that's essentially the definition

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 01:45   Link #14423
cyberdemon

Quote:
*watches that theory die* aw... and I was fond of it too. Anyways, the bottom line is that in general, Shinso are simply a more uber version of the classic vampire... not saying this may be entirely true for this series, but that's essentially the definition
nothing really "uber" about Kokoa in terms of abilities. lol. She's seems like an average vampire in terms of skill. LOL! Then again being surrounded by such over powered sisters it's hard to tell.
Old 2010-06-09, 01:58   Link #14424
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

as was pointed out, Kokoa isn't of the shinso line, which is why my earlier statement of shinso vampires not being weak to sunlight doesn't work

Old 2010-06-09, 01:59   Link #14425
cyberdemon

Quote:
as was pointed out, Kokoa isn't of the shinso line, which is why my earlier statement of shinso vampires not being weak to sunlight doesn't work
i know, i was the one who pointed it out LOL!
Old 2010-06-09, 02:21   Link #14426
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I remember a horror film before where vampires can walk at sunlight...
Old 2010-06-09, 02:27   Link #14427
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I remember a horror film before where vampires can walk at sunlight...
vampirs that can walk durring daylight are called "daywalkers" but in rosario vampire this kinda disappeared... that most of the weakeneses are human made imagination... water doesnt kill a vampire... but only weakenes them the same with crosses........it cancels their source of power.....
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 07:45   Link #14428
Chris38

Well what I wonder about right now is that ...

Spoiler for Chapter 31 spoiler's :
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 08:18   Link #14429
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I feel bad for Kokoa she's so adorable, but so weak... she has to rely on her familiar in combat D8

Anyway, this new chapter is so full of new and important information that it's almost a complete overload... I don't even know where to begin
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 08:34   Link #14430
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I feel bad for Kokoa she's so adorable, but so weak... she has to rely on her familiar in combat D8

Anyway, this new chapter is so full of new and important information that it's almost a complete overload... I don't even know where to begin
Well that's true, it changes many things that we took for granted before as well as fills many holes that where unexplained before such as the reason why Moka is considered special among her siblings.

I doubt we will have a perfect understanding of what this chapter actually brings to the story, until the TL comes up, but even now I like how the plot of the R+V manga is developing.

Regarding Kokoa ... I think that's the result of having such powerful siblings around her, which don't give her opportunities to shine. I think that at this point Kokoa is the only one of Moka's sister's that is the closest to the level that a normal vampire has, when he is close to Kokoa's age. So she probably still needs time before she will reach her full potential, but even by then I think that she will still be the weakest one out of all her siblings.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-06-09 at 09:17.
Old 2010-06-09, 13:00   Link #14431
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i know, i was the one who pointed it out LOL!
3 AM EDT is not a time when I pay attention to certain details...

and regarding Tsukune, his status, though we know more about it at this point, is really the same- he's still a human-vampire hybrid (I believe the term is dhampir) whose actual full power and abilities have yet to be explored... hey, come to think of it, isn't that kinda like Moka as well?

interestingly enough, wikipedia said that Tsukune could physically be stronger than Moka... either that's referring to Moka in her Outer form, or its more proof that you have to take what Wiki says with a grain of salt...

Old 2010-06-09, 14:03   Link #14432
cyberdemon

Quote:
3 AM EDT is not a time when I pay attention to certain details...

and regarding Tsukune, his status, though we know more about it at this point, is really the same- he's still a human-vampire hybrid (I believe the term is dhampir) whose actual full power and abilities have yet to be explored... hey, come to think of it, isn't that kinda like Moka as well?

interestingly enough, wikipedia said that Tsukune could physically be stronger than Moka... either that's referring to Moka in her Outer form, or its more proof that you have to take what Wiki says with a grain of salt...
i think physically wise Tsukune is stronger than Moka but when it comes to speed and technique he is FAR outclassed which is why he always loses. Power is nothing if you can't hit anything. and honestly speaking I'm not sure Tsukune would ever have the heart to go all out against Moka.
Old 2010-06-09, 14:19   Link #14433
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
i think physically wise Tsukune is stronger than Moka but when it comes to speed and technique he is FAR outclassed which is why he always loses. Power is nothing if you can't hit anything. and honestly speaking I'm not sure Tsukune would ever have the heart to go all out against Moka.
This is probably the case. Tsukune one-hit-KO'ed Midou as a Ghoul while Moka tried at least three times to put him down. This is also taking into account that all of Moka's strikes were to the head. They're kill strikes, albeit they didn't cause any noticeable harm to Midou.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 14:34   Link #14434
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
I'd say Tsukune is on PAR with speed, there has been numerous times where we see his insane eye blinking speed. He just lack technique (which he has started to improve upon). Moka has been training to fight since childhood so it's only right that she's far above him in this respect. And generally speaking Technique > Strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
This is probably the case. Tsukune one-hit-KO'ed Midou as a Ghoul while Moka tried at least three times to put him down. This is also taking into account that all of Moka's strikes were to the head. They're kill strikes, albeit they didn't cause any noticeable harm to Midou.
Took the words out of my mouth. Zerk Tsukune OHKO'd him where Moka failed with two/three head straight on headshots.
Old 2010-06-09, 15:10   Link #14435
Chris38

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
Well that's true Magin, but since we know that Moka's vampire blood is probably far more superior then we previously suspected ... it might be that our previous speculations regarding Tsukune's form might be inaccurate, but since the Headmaster is one of Akasha's comrades in arms ... wait, I seem to be rambling a little so let's take it one at a time:

Spoiler for Chapter 31:
Old 2010-06-09, 15:20   Link #14436
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Moka's almost never struck to kill someone (the closest one being Ghoul Tsukune and Kahula). She's always gone for the knock out rather than the kill. As hard as she kicked Kahula during their battle, you think that she couldn't have decapitated Midou with that same level of power?
Old 2010-06-09, 15:46   Link #14437
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Moka uses her hands when she attempts for a kill strike that's the biggest difference. Kicks are more like a blunt strike, when she uses her hands it's like knives.
Old 2010-06-09, 15:52   Link #14438
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Moka uses her hands when she attempts for a kill strike that's the biggest difference. Kicks are more like a blunt strike, when she uses her hands it's like knives.
You seemed to forget Hayashi the move that Moka made during her fight with Kahula ... she kicked her with enough strength to break her internal organs.

So based upon that ... I doubt Moka is only using hands when she is attempting to kill someone. I think that if she puts enough youkai energy into her attacks, she can kill anything no matter what her attack is (a punch, kick or some other martial technique ).

Spoiler for Chaper 31:

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-06-09 at 16:44.
Old 2010-06-09, 18:21   Link #14439
shaselai

Spoiler for 31:
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 22:33   Link #14440
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
You seemed to forget Hayashi the move that Moka made during her fight with Kahula ... she kicked her with enough strength to break her internal organs.

So based upon that ... I doubt Moka is only using hands when she is attempting to kill someone. I think that if she puts enough youkai energy into her attacks, she can kill anything no matter what her attack is (a punch, kick or some other martial technique ).

Spoiler for Chaper 31:
Well I think that much can be true, considering that vampires are known for their youki manipulation. The attack Moka did to Karua was an extremely focused attack. It's quite possibly the only time we've ever Moka performed an actual sure-kill youki controlled attack.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire