AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-28, 15:53   Link #1
Seiryuu

Do any heroes show what they've got before it hits the fan?

I'm wondering if there's any heroes who have the guts to step up to the plate and pursue a "taken" girl before everything goes to hell. BTW, when I say "taken", I don't mean NTR taken, at least not necessarily. I also don't necessarily mean he asks her out, but he is honest and upfront about his feelings and does what he can for her, taking whatever chance he has to try to impress her without putting pressure on her to deny her own feelings.

I've seen a few stories where the main character is in love with a girl who has a boyfriend or crush but still loves and eventually pursues her. In all cases, though, this doesn't happen until things reach a major, ugly breaking point. In one, the girl loves the hero but dates his friend because the hero doesn't have the guts to do anything; he doesn't pursue her until his friend is removed from the picture in a way that will haunt them both forever. In another, the girl's got a crush on another guy from school, and either doesn't know her childhood friend's feelings or disregards them; he doesn't pursue her partly because he doesn't want her to know certain things, but eventually does stand and put his life and soul on the line to keep her safe, finally making her see him different. In yet another, the guy doesn't even try to save the girl at first when he finds out her boyfriend's abusing her. One more I know of has the guy deliberately back down for the girl's happiness, only for her fiance to get killed in an accident.

In each of these cases, it's clear the guy and girl should be together, but the guy doesn't do anything about it until after things are absolutely desperate. Are there any heroes who actually pursue their girl before this, trying to become what she wants before she gives up on him, taking action before a pretty bastard can make her cry, or something along those lines?

I'm OK with most genres of anime or manga, and any age rating, so long as it's boy pursuing girl. I understand if there's not much that fits, since I'm specifically asking for something because in what I've seen it doesn't happen much/ever.
Old 2010-08-28, 19:55   Link #2
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
I have no idea what you are talking about but if you want a girl to fall in love... watch this show... Simoun .... o yea and enjoy.... .... (few more dots)

no but seriously any Gundam is what most people would say..

but a few you should check out

Turn A Gundam

Gundam Seed

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-08-28, 22:43   Link #3
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervZero View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about but if you want a girl to fall in love... watch this show... Simoun .... o yea and enjoy.... .... (few more dots)

no but seriously any Gundam is what most people would say..

but a few you should check out

Turn A Gundam

Gundam Seed
Watch the start of HotD to see what I'm talking about. The hero is in love with the girl. The girl doesn't even deny that she's in love with him too, but he never had the guts to do anything so she tries to forget him and develop a relationship with his friend. She wants to be with him, just like he wants to be with her, but he doesn't have the guts... until everything went to hell, something terrible happened to the friend, and the two have to struggle to survive in a terrible situation. If you've seen the first ep/chapter, you know just how messed up the situation that brings them together is.
In Guyver, main character Sho is in love with childhood friend Mizuki, who's got a big crush on the student council president, who will do anything and use anyone to further his own goals. She doesnt' start looking at Sho until after massive amounts of death and destruction have turned their world upside-down and put them on the run, and forced him to call upon the armor that killed his father in order to protect her.
Also,
Spoiler:

I rather like to see guys stand up and fight for the sake of the girl they love, even when the girl is "in love" with someone else who's really, REALLY wrong for her. It just seems like in every show I've seen lately where the girl is in love with someone else, the hero only gets the girl himself after events that will scar them both for life. I was wondering if there's any good stuff where the guy starts fighting and pursuing the girl without waiting for hell to come to earth.
Old 2010-08-28, 22:50   Link #4
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^LOL, School Rumble^^...
Old 2010-08-29, 00:16   Link #5
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Seiryuu
can you tell me what animes these are?
They seem interesting..
Other then that I don't know of an anime where the boy tries to pursue the girl in anyway
wait... does Inuyasha count?
In case you don't know (Quick explantion...)
Kagome is a girl who is in love with Inuyasha
Kikyo (deceased Inuyasha's first love)
Kagome and Kikyo are actaully the same person (Kagome is an reincarnation of Kikyo)
Kikyo is from the sengoku period and Kagome is from the modern era
Okay Kagome finds a well that leads to the past. She meets Inuyasha and they fall in love. Kikyo is then brought back to life. Kagome and Inuyasha know their feelings toward each other, but Kagome doesn't stop Inuyasha from seeing Kikyo She gets mad at him though. She does tell Inuyasha that she wants to stay by him even though Kikyo may be in her way and even if he loves Kikyo more than herslef. So she pursues Inuyasha even though he loves Kikyo
Inuyasha does love Kagome but has more feelings towards Kikyo...
Kikyo returned Inuyasha's feelings at one point (Before she died)
When she was brought back to life she doesn't return his feelings
Sorry if I didn't do such a good job explaining

Last edited by EnchantingPrincess; 2010-08-29 at 00:38.
Old 2010-08-29, 09:17   Link #6
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
Seiryuu
can you tell me what animes these are?
They seem interesting..
Other then that I don't know of an anime where the boy tries to pursue the girl in anyway
wait... does Inuyasha count?
In case you don't know (Quick explantion...)
Kagome is a girl who is in love with Inuyasha
Kikyo (deceased Inuyasha's first love)
Kagome and Kikyo are actaully the same person (Kagome is an reincarnation of Kikyo)
Kikyo is from the sengoku period and Kagome is from the modern era
Okay Kagome finds a well that leads to the past. She meets Inuyasha and they fall in love. Kikyo is then brought back to life. Kagome and Inuyasha know their feelings toward each other, but Kagome doesn't stop Inuyasha from seeing Kikyo She gets mad at him though. She does tell Inuyasha that she wants to stay by him even though Kikyo may be in her way and even if he loves Kikyo more than herslef. So she pursues Inuyasha even though he loves Kikyo
Inuyasha does love Kagome but has more feelings towards Kikyo...
Kikyo returned Inuyasha's feelings at one point (Before she died)
When she was brought back to life she doesn't return his feelings
Sorry if I didn't do such a good job explaining
Read my second post. I gave the names of all the anime. The first was HotD, the second Guyver 2005. The last is in the spoiler. The only one I didn't name isn't an anime, it's an extreme manga that's not for the faint of heart. I didn't include that manga because it was good or bad, but just because it was another case where the "hero" doesn't go for the girl he loves until the situation has reached a truly desperate point.
Closed Thread