AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-12-02, 22:11   Link #41
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Haruhi movie was like 2hr 50minute if I recall. But it's not like the Nanoha movie is pandering to normal viewers. A large majority of the people going to see the movie in theaters certainly wont be complaining about how long it is.
Old 2010-12-04, 15:04   Link #42
Jimmy C

For the "Behind the Scenes" of Movie 2nd, I can imagine Hayate running around and shouting with joy at the announcement of the 2nd movie. Because the producers promised they'd let her design the costumes for the 2nd movie if it ever got made.
In her excitement, she never realized they didn't actually say they'd use her designs...
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 01:28   Link #43
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
In a dream world, they'd be like Kara no Kyoukai and have a bunch of movies. (Of course, any movie from this franchise is guaranteed to profit at this point)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 10:32   Link #44
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hmm what I would like to see in the 2nd Movie?

They should totally put this in

Spoiler:

Well whatever they decided to do here I really can't complain if they get it feeling overall as awesome as the 1st.
Old 2010-12-15, 18:17   Link #45
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Hmm what I would like to see in the 2nd Movie?

They should totally put this in

Spoiler:

Well whatever they decided to do here I really can't complain if they get it feeling overall as awesome as the 1st.
Oh, Fate-chan, you move so quickly.
Old 2010-12-21, 01:25   Link #46
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Having recently watched the first movie... I'm just curious to see what they do with the fight scenes. I mean... the final battle especially will be interesting, as the Nanoha vs. Fate power was driven up to an 11. The A's fight scenes were already much more intense relative to the first season, so if the second movie pumps up the action the same amount as the first movie did for the first season... poor Defense Program.

As for the story... it will be interesting to see them fit it all in. All the fights were needed, though I expect they could combine the fight they have after they got upgrades with the fight where they introduce the masked foes, so as to cut down a bit on it. Hopefully also cut out Fate's sequence at the end, not because it wasn't good for her, but because it took up a lot of time. Probably cut out a lot of the random scenes involving Nanoha's friends, again.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 09:58   Link #47
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Someone posted a WMG that Rein Eins's power would have to be proportionally scaled up to show that Nanoha is still out of her league. I agree. If you meant the beast mode though... I hope it isn't as much of a letdown as in the TV series, that would be disappointing.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 11:05   Link #48
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I don't think they could make Eins beamspam look any more ridiculous than Nanoha's from the movie, but Ein will still have the advantage over her in every other field.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-12-28 at 11:25.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 16:41   Link #49
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

That's ok; if you can't make the explosion larger; just make her fire the super godly attack ore than once in rapid succession. It'll get so bright it may blind the audience.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-12-28, 19:12   Link #50
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
That's ok; if you can't make the explosion larger; just make her fire the super godly attack ore than once in rapid succession. It'll get so bright it may blind the audience.
That's what I was thinking. Of course, Ein only has one city to destroy...
Old 2010-12-28, 19:18   Link #51
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Aye, DBZ syndrome; at a certain point there's nothing left to blow up to indicate how strong you've become.

[Or nukes in general; we have the power to destroy the world twice!
But we can destroy the world 4 times!
Does it really matter if you can destroy it once?]

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-02-18, 01:36   Link #52
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Something arose my head few minutes ago.- The MOVIE 1st manga lampshade how Zamber form isn't suited to the "current" Fate because of her small size and sleek body physique, suggesting she wouldn't be able to properly use it until she grows. We know that Zamber form makes it's official debut in A's, but if in this continuity Fate can't use it proabbly said mode will be discarded in favour of another thing, the tought of seeing Bardiche with a completely new mode is very interesting. Hope they come up with something cool xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 04:35   Link #53
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Something arose my head few minutes ago.- The MOVIE 1st manga lampshade how Zamber form isn't suited to the "current" Fate because of her small size and sleek body physique, suggesting she wouldn't be able to properly use it until she grows. We know that Zamber form makes it's official debut in A's, but if in this continuity Fate can't use it proabbly said mode will be discarded in favour of another thing, the tought of seeing Bardiche with a completely new mode is very interesting. Hope they come up with something cool xD.
Wasn't that explained back when Fate was still learning from Linith? I think within the couple of years after Linith died, her not being suited for zamber changed. Of course, I'd be happy if they gave Fate a new form.
Old 2011-02-18, 04:38   Link #54
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Oh god Seven Arcs, just let the series die. Make something new.

It was pretty good for three seasons. But seriously, the movie was shit-terrible and Force and ViVid are pretty much Discontinuity as far as I'm concerned.

Ugh. Capcom Syndrome.
Old 2011-02-18, 04:46   Link #55
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

xD

I actually enjoyed the MOVIE 1st, you, Nanya and more or less Kaijo are the only ones i readed complaining about it.

But thinking about it, these movies are probably the franchise's farewell. Letting Nanoha to reast for a decade sounds like a good idea, let the audience to rest from it, then make her return. For now i'm excited for the A's movie xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 05:15   Link #56
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Yeah, the movie definitely got more praise than the first season. One out of every two people bitched about the first season...Where as, it's more like one out of ten for the movie.
Old 2011-02-18, 12:01   Link #57
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Eh, there are a few more people like me who think its not OMGSUPERGREAT! due to some issues, but feel it is decent. You can tell by the votes above that not everyone thought it was a perfect 10 (obviously, the Fate fans will ;p).

The only real issue I have is that it was made for a subset set of fans, instead of being a movie that I could show new people instead of the series, which is what I was hoping for. It doesn't explain Nanoha well at all, due to cutting important secondary characters. If it hadn't of done that, I probably would have given it a 10 as well.

But yeah, I'm scratching my head at this A's movie. It'll probably be decent, I hope, but I still would have preferred a movie about new stuff. Perhaps they'll do a new movie after A's (before StrikerS), but need to get this out of the way for movie continuity.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 12:05   Link #58
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Make something new.
They are

Personally I think the movie is decent, but maybe its because I skipped all the boring gushy stuff and went straight for the flash and booms (yes, I skipped the bridge scene). Oh, and I also watched Precia's backstory, since I love cats

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-02-18 at 19:25. Reason: Rephrased it due to misunderstanding
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 17:41   Link #59
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Eh, there are a few more people like me who think its not OMGSUPERGREAT! due to some issues, but feel it is decent. You can tell by the votes above that not everyone thought it was a perfect 10 (obviously, the Fate fans will ;p).
Well yeah, but that goes for A's too. Eight and above makes for an impressive rating, and if you consider how few rated below that; it was enjoyed a lot by the majority of its viewers. And only a select few rated below a 7.

@:Tiresias - Shame on you. That doesn't even qualify as completing it, lol.
Old 2011-02-18, 18:08   Link #60
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
@:Tiresias - Shame on you. That doesn't even qualify as completing it, lol.
I can't help it, it's the same for every series-to-movie adaptation I've watched. Since I already know what's going to happen anyway, my response is "ah, this is where x will happen" and then, depending on my preference, I'll skip them or not. I did the same thing with Macross Frontier too...

That's another reason I didn't skip Precia's backstory: it's new, I hadn't seen them before. That's why I'm also hoping they would expand Graham's motive on A's