AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-10, 18:10   Link #1301
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
In Ch 7,(p16) Tama tells Nagi the Cape Maidens are sacrifices, to give their bodies to the gods.
But Karin in Ch12(p7) says " It's been hundreds of years, why did he show up now!" That tends to beat up the idea that there is direct generational linage- Bob was a DG, so his boy Billy Bob's
one too. That just doesn't seem to happen. There's a whole lot of back story in this tale that cries out to be explained. Ooba's relationship with Karin and Rinne. How did Nagi's Dad meet his Mom. Was Ooba the former chief maiden, did the love of the Dragon God for an Island maiden REQUIRE an actual human sacrifice... Yeah, You guys get it too. Lots of don't know.
how exactly does that beat up the idea of direct generational lineage?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 22:00   Link #1302
The Sandman

Calling it: Shizuku and Soyogi both interrupt. It turns into a four-way. Everybody wins, especially the readers.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 22:47   Link #1303
Fran~
floating away...

the readers???.... especially Nagi!!!
Old 2011-07-10, 23:25   Link #1304
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
how exactly does that beat up the idea of direct generational lineage?
Because it implys that the Dragon God has been gone for more than one generation.
and even if folks on a small fishing/farming island have longer lives, the thought is there that the DG isn't someones' great gram-pa. Karin's thoughts imply a long time between appearances. Of course, that still doesn't answer the OTHER questions.
Is Nagi's dad even from the Island? Etc....
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 00:13   Link #1305
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
Because it implys that the Dragon God has been gone for more than one generation.
and even if folks on a small fishing/farming island have longer lives, the thought is there that the DG isn't someones' great gram-pa. Karin's thoughts imply a long time between appearances. Of course, that still doesn't answer the OTHER questions.
Is Nagi's dad even from the Island? Etc....
i see nothing there saying it can't be possible. So far it shows that each of the current maidens are in some way related to older ones. so it give some hint at it being handed down in families. Soyogi and Karin with their grandmother, Shizuku with her mother. Not to mention it is said that maiden only give birth to girls with the exception of when the DG is born. so it makes sense that those girls go on to become the next maidens. And since the maidens are required to have sex with the DG it came be implied that children with the previous ones are possible and so the line from there continues for several generations normally after that until the next DG appears.

so it is quite possible.
Old 2011-07-12, 19:37   Link #1306
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
There is also the line that Ooba once said to Nagi that how they knew HE was the next DG was because the previous one died the same day Nagi was born. So one could say that it skips a few generations and all the maidens are born until one bears a male child that is born the same day the last dies.

It could be coincidence, or it's just that to have a series of events play out in perfect alignment with legend probably deduced Nagi as the DG. I doubt the Dragon God is a thing that happens every few hundred years, but is passed down through the Cape maiden's bloodlines, or there are other more specific qualifications to it that have yet to be said of. In any case, Nagi might want to snoop around those legends and learn just what it MEANS to be the Dragon God. I bet there might be a little training he may have to do to fit better into the role, unless his humble nature is all that's required.

In my opinion, Nagi isn't suspicious enough of the island traditions to even question them at the moment, but I'm sure once he hears and/or suspects some foul threads in those legends and traditions, he might take some initiative and investigate them much more closely. That teacher of theirs could come in handy if she plants the right seed of doubt in Nagi. There has to be more to the Maidens and the Dragon God than Ooba is letting on.

I would hope "favor" isn't what Nagi and Karin are heading into at this moment, because that makes Karin the winner by semi-foul tactics before letting the other 2 get their turns with him. If there is another means, like a marriage proposal, then that would be different, and that would give the others a few more shots to claim the prize.
Old 2011-07-12, 19:53   Link #1307
cyberdemon

if i was the author i would've had Soyogi go first. she as it is has the least chance of being end girl outside a harem route so there would be less issues with having her go first
Old 2011-07-12, 23:54   Link #1308
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

The Best part of Forum is the amount of thought in the postings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i see nothing there saying it can't be possible.
Ya know, I hadn't looked at it that way, but your point was well made. Ch 52 is the pivotal point in what happens in the series. And there is an interesting preamble in the first chapter, BOTH about reincarnation/being reborn. The author has a way of slipping all manner of points past me. I still agree that nobody but Ooba knows what the heck is going to happen.
I also thought about the intro's quote "and those gods are overflowing with love." since the Maidens are also local deities, this could get interesting....
I still still think the author will take the high road morally, but.
Old 2011-08-12, 23:24   Link #1309
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

I still have 3 quotes that bug me in this tale. There has to be some reconciliation to them.
1. Karin in Ch12(p7) says " It's been hundreds of years, why did he show up now!"
2. Rinne in Ch 9(p20) says" You don't really have to do anything."
3. Rinne in Ch 52(p13) says" NiiNii, Might you also..." (In fact, her extended dialog starting with her asking Nagi what he thought of the ceremony still gives me the willies.)
Any thoughts about ties?
Old 2011-08-12, 23:26   Link #1310
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Has it been...2 months yet...@.@, did they score?
MAX_COLA_POWER! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 15:41   Link #1311
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 85:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 16:13   Link #1312
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for ch 85:
Old 2011-08-24, 17:46   Link #1313
Khalil

Pictures speak louder than words.
Spoiler for ch.85:
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 18:15   Link #1314
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

haha lmao
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 18:31   Link #1315
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-08-24, 19:43   Link #1316
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for Karin fans' reactions:
Thank you^^.
Old 2011-08-24, 20:59   Link #1317
ZODDGUTS

Well that's one way to cop-out of this situation. Would have preferred the "accidentally jizz myself before I got to do anything" scene.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:05   Link #1318
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Looks like the Dragon God's cherry, rather than popped (sunglasses) is still on top, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Old 2011-08-25, 00:09   Link #1319
cedec0

Where did the spoiler image come from? I don't quite get what is going on... (well I get what is going on but I don't understand WHY it is going on).

I would really like to see the rest of the chapter...
cedec0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 00:38   Link #1320
Aesthetic Shampoo

Damn. So much for the first harem to have sex with development.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen