Old 2012-10-14, 16:52   Link #5521
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Tight game at SF, very tight game.
Old 2012-10-14, 19:57   Link #5522
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Sigh...going to be a LONG season in Philadelphia. Our offensive line is offensive, Vick might as well be playing for the other team, and if you put in Foles at this time, he's going to be little more than a tackle dummy. The common factor is Andy Reid here. In fact, someone even made a silly little cartoon that postgame conferences are just a cardboard Andy Reid cutout with an ipod echoing "time's yours", "I have to do a better job", "I take full responsibility" on loop.

As Jason Cole on Yahoo Sports said, the Eagles team that doesn't turn the ball over consistently is purely theoretical at this point in time.

If we had an O-line, Shady would just wreck face. As it stands now, it doesn't matter that we have all these skilled players if the opposing D-line (whichever D-line it is) is constantly in our backfield before the play can even go off.

Pretty funny that with a single player, Washington goes from the basement to legit contender for the NFC east, because RG3 is just that good.

In other news, apparently, the Seahawks trolled the Pats. Pats 50% tied with the Jets and the Falcons and Texans are unbeaten so far...this is freaking bizzaro world in the NFL this season.
Old 2012-10-14, 20:55   Link #5523
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Sigh...going to be a LONG season in Philadelphia. Our offensive line is offensive, Vick might as well be playing for the other team, and if you put in Foles at this time, he's going to be little more than a tackle dummy. The common factor is Andy Reid here. In fact, someone even made a silly little cartoon that postgame conferences are just a cardboard Andy Reid cutout with an ipod echoing "time's yours", "I have to do a better job", "I take full responsibility" on loop.

As Jason Cole on Yahoo Sports said, the Eagles team that doesn't turn the ball over consistently is purely theoretical at this point in time.

If we had an O-line, Shady would just wreck face. As it stands now, it doesn't matter that we have all these skilled players if the opposing D-line (whichever D-line it is) is constantly in our backfield before the play can even go off.

Pretty funny that with a single player, Washington goes from the basement to legit contender for the NFC east, because RG3 is just that good.

In other news, apparently, the Seahawks trolled the Pats. Pats 50% tied with the Jets and the Falcons and Texans are unbeaten so far...this is freaking bizzaro world in the NFL this season.
You forgot to mention Atlanta's complete domination of the NFC South (They've got more wins than the rest of the division combined right now), and the Strength of the NFC West (Where all four teams are over .500). As for The Redskins, I guessed correctly that they weren't going to be as bad as their record implied.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 21:05   Link #5524
GDB

I also like how the AFC East is a four-way tie, 3-3 all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 22:21   Link #5525
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Funny, Green Bay shows up big-time when their backs are against the wall on all cylinders (Chicago, Houston) but can't seem to beat the teams they are supposed to beat (Seattle, though was a screw-job, and Indy).
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 22:41   Link #5526
D2
Go Big Red!

Good, COMPLETE win against the Texans tonight. Suffice to say the Pack heard the haters buzzing and decided to COOL THEIR HEADS.
Old 2012-10-15, 00:00   Link #5527
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
As for The Redskins, I guessed correctly that they weren't going to be as bad as their record implied.
They need to start playing some defense before they can be taken seriously. RG3 is a beast, but defense seems to have problem defending any score. They probably have a better record by at least 2 games if not for the defense. Anyway, good to see him bounce back from his concussion last week.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 01:07   Link #5528
Samari
World's Greatest

Disappointing game by the 49ers to say the least. Not sure if I'll take the time to acquire the actual broadcasted game to see what actually went wrong in detail. From the highlights and from what I've heard the entire unit on both sides just didn't show up. It's a short week and the Seahawks are next. That's two tough defenses in a row. Alex Smith made some weird decisions with the football that he usually doesn't make. He's never really had a game where he has dominated a good defense. Seattle with be another good test. Just when it seems like he's about to turn the corner, he doesn't. It's getting kind of annoying. It make it seem like last week was just a fraudulent performance against a terrible Bills defense that could make anyone look good.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 01:17   Link #5529
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Disappointing game by the 49ers to say the least. Not sure if I'll take the time to acquire the actual broadcasted game to see what actually went wrong in detail. From the highlights and from what I've heard the entire unit on both sides just didn't show up. It's a short week and the Seahawks are next. That's two tough defenses in a row. Alex Smith made some weird decisions with the football that he usually doesn't make. He's never really had a game where he has dominated a good defense. Seattle with be another good test. Just when it seems like he's about to turn the corner, he doesn't. It's getting kind of annoying. It make it seem like last week was just a fraudulent performance against a terrible Bills defense that could make anyone look good.
The problem is not solely Alex Smith, Harbaugh's been trying to bring more of an air game in again, and failed again. In all honesty, it was repeat of the Minnesota game where Frank Gore (the catalyst of the offense) went missing for most of the game, but with more interceptions.
Old 2012-10-15, 01:27   Link #5530
monir
cho~ kakkoii

One of the outstanding thing about Jim Harbaugh is how shrewd he is. When he took over 49'ers from Singleterry the key pieces for that team were already in place. Harbaugh just tweaked things a bit and the Niners became formidable almost overnight. So when he went to shop for Peyton in the off-season it told us that he needs somebody better than Alex Smith. I saw today's game and I've to say that he isn't the type of quarter back that can rise to the occasion. He is good, but there is at least half a dozen quarterback that are much much better. At times he simply appeared overwhelmed. Giants kept bringing the pressure in waves. There were few analyst at the end of the game who raised the question if Harbaugh will want to bench him. Most replied to that idea as ludicrous though they pointed out that when a game is on the line, Alex Smith may not be the type of quarterback who can go up a level to meet the challenge. You guys have a fantastic team, but whether or not Alex Smith can take you over the next hurdle remains to be seen.

I can only imagine how many superbowl 49'ers will win if Harbough gets someone like Brees or even the new blood, RG3.

Quote:
The problem is not solely Alex Smith, Harbaugh's been trying to bring more of an air game in again, and failed again. In all honesty, it was repeat of the Minnesota game where Frank Gore (the catalyst of the offense) went missing for most of the game, but with more interceptions.
It was pointed out by Strahan that Giants followed what the Vikings did to win against 49ers. Apparently the key is to go after the Niners running game and make Niners depend more on the passing game aka Alex Smith.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 02:56   Link #5531
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
I can't really blame Harbaugh for trying to get Alex to be more of a leader though. It's a quarterback league, and if you don't have one you don't have a chance at winning a Super Bowl. Especially now with all of the rules geared towards passing. I don't know how much of Kaepernick was around, but apparently he was in there quite a bit. I really hope Harbaugh and Roman cut out the time sharing quarterback thing. It disrupts flow and rhythm in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
One of the outstanding thing about Jim Harbaugh is how shrewd he is. When he took over 49'ers from Singleterry the key pieces for that team were already in place. Harbaugh just tweaked things a bit and the Niners became formidable almost overnight. So when he went to shop for Peyton in the off-season it told us that he needs somebody better than Alex Smith. I saw today's game and I've to say that he isn't the type of quarter back that can rise to the occasion. He is good, but there is at least half a dozen quarterback that are much much better. At times he simply appeared overwhelmed. Giants kept bringing the pressure in waves. There were few analyst at the end of the game who raised the question if Harbaugh will want to bench him. Most replied to that idea as ludicrous though they pointed out that when a game is on the line, Alex Smith may not be the type of quarterback who can go up a level to meet the challenge. You guys have a fantastic team, but whether or not Alex Smith can take you over the next hurdle remains to be seen.

I can only imagine how many superbowl 49'ers will win if Harbough gets someone like Brees or even the new blood, RG3.

It was pointed out by Strahan that Giants followed what the Vikings did to win against 49ers. Apparently the key is to go after the Niners running game and make Niners depend more on the passing game aka Alex Smith.
Yes I'm sure teams are going to dare Alex Smith to beat them more so than the 49ers run game. They'll take their chances with that, and honestly it's a smart approach. Smith hasn't shown he can take control and dominate even a decent defense. Now, he doesn't deserve to be benched at this point. We'll see how he does against the Seahawks, another good defense. If he stinks it up again at home, that question will be raised. I just hope Harbaugh doesn't act like a child to the media (he gets rattled easily) when he's inevitably asked, assuming Alex has another bad game. If the 49ers had a Brees, Brady, or even a Ryan we probably would have won the Super Bowl last year no question.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-10-16 at 04:09.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 08:57   Link #5532
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Patriots don't have that aura of invincibility this season at all... Not writing them off but I'm definitely not getting emotionally invested in this year, especially after that heart-wrencher last season
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 09:21   Link #5533
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Dallas blew that one with shitty clock management.
They controlled the ball for 40 fucking minutes....all that bumfuckery in the 4th quarter between themselves and the refs certainly didn't help and I swear Jason Witten was putting the team on his back on both those 4th downs...

Not sure wtf happened in that last 20 seconds...it's like they forgot "oh shit, we're down 2 points!"
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 09:39   Link #5534
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I can't really blame Harbaugh for trying to get Alex to be more of a leader though. It's a quarterback league, and if you don't have one you don't have a chance at winning a Super Bowl. Especially now with all of the rules geared towards passing. I don't know how much of Kaepernick was around, but apparently he was in there quite a bit. I really hope Harbaugh and Roman cut out the time sharing quarterback thing. It disrupts flow and rhythm in my opinion.
Nah, what really cut the rhythm yesterday was the early malfunctions of the Special teams that a cycle of collapse for the rest of the team.
Old 2012-10-16, 00:02   Link #5535
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Lol I can't even believe what I just watched. What a comeback by the Broncos.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 02:52   Link #5536
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Lol I can't even believe what I just watched. What a comeback by the Broncos.
I know right 35 points in the second half I was astonished when I checked the scores when I got off work and I stopped watching at half time
Old 2012-10-16, 03:40   Link #5537
sky black swordman

I can't believe SD lost that game. I guess it is October this is usually the time when SD began to fall apart last year.

I guess this keeps the Oakland Raiders chance at playoff. If they get their stuff together and start winning.
Old 2012-10-16, 06:01   Link #5538
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So glad I didn't by a Game Pass from NFL.com since their site hasn't been working for 3 days...would love to know what is going on...took until today to finally have this week's results show up, but no footage or anything wil load up beyond the front page.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:34   Link #5539
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I can't believe SD lost that game. I guess it is October this is usually the time when SD began to fall apart last year.

I guess this keeps the Oakland Raiders chance at playoff. If they get their stuff together and start winning.
If the Raiders win at least 5 of their next 7 games (Doable, considering that their toughest opponents in that group are Baltimore and Cincinnati) then I'll be willing to say they still have a shot.
Old 2012-10-18, 11:15   Link #5540
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

It's that time again.

Quote:
PIT @ TEN: Pittsburgh (They're not the force they used to be though)
Yeah, The Steelers are falling apart faster than I expected.

Quote:
OAK @ ATL: Oakland (This isn't actually the crazy pick, though it requires a few hoops in place to work)
Damn, this one was bitter.

Quote:
CIN @ CLE: Cincinnati (The Bengals are a team who's day has arrived, while the Failure…)
And the road to relevance has a few bumps for The Bengals.

Quote:
STL @ MIA: Tossup (The result here will have huge consequences in the medium term)
Yep, instead of a 4-way 4-2 tie in the NFC West, we get a 4-way 3-3 tie in AFC East.

Quote:
IND @ NYJ: Indianapolis (The Jets are a flaming wreck)
No, they're just flames…

Quote:
DET @ PHI: Tossup (The Lions are having teething struggles, The Eagles are a turnover machine)
And this should be one for the ages.

Quote:
KC @ TB: Tampa Bay (We missed you, coach Jackass)
Oh boy, The Jackasses look halfway relevant.

Quote:
DAL @ BAL: Baltimore (Another week, another sacrifice to Ray Lewis)
And Ray got injured. Oh well, I guess The Ravens have to be good at offense now.

Quote:
BUF @ ARI: Arizona (As question as The Cards can be, this is Buffalo we're talking about here)
And Buffalo wins in a shocker. This consoled me.

Quote:
NE @ SEA: Seattle (NOW THIS IS THE CRAZY PICK!!! Seattle's Epic D FTW!!!)
Another week, another hunch right on the mark.

Quote:
NYG @ SF: San Francisco (Brandon Jacobs doesn't even matter at this point, though I'm contractually obligated to mention him for the next three weeks)

Y U NO RUSH WHEN BEHIND GARBAUGH!?

Quote:
MIN @ WSH: Washington (I'm not ready to call them done yet)
And SuperQuarterback pulls it off yet again.

Quote:
GB @ HOU: Houston (Though it's going to be tough for The Moos)
The Moos got a smarting, and with that there was one.

Quote:
DEN @ SD: Denver (This is a totally selfish pick, as it would mean that The Raiders are still in the playoff race, especially if they win at Atlanta)
Once again, right on the mark.

Now for week 7:

SEA @ SF: San Francisco (Struggles against great D's aside, I'd still rank The Niners Offense above Seattle's, though the focus will be on both sides defenses.)

TEN @ BUF: Buffalo (It's the mediocre special!)

WSH @ NYG: Washington (Because)

NO @ TB: New Orleans (Basing this on The Saints offense)

DAL @ CAR: Carolina (Robocop pulls himself out of the rut he's been in)

BAL @ HOU: Houston (On balance, The Moos are more balanced than The Ravens right now.

CLE @ IND: Indianapolis (The Ugly one gets another win)

GB @ STL: St. Louis (The Rams are looking dangerously capable on offense)

ARI @ MIN: Tossup (A match with huge ramifications for both sides)

NYJ @ NE: New England (And The Jets get slaughtered)

JAX @ OAK: Oakland (If The Raiders lose here, then they are truly fucked)

PIT @ CIN: Tossup (Another match with huge ramifications)

DET @ CHI: Chicago (The Bears are more balanced.)

Last edited by FDW; 2012-10-19 at 00:05.

Tags
american football, sports