AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-06-03, 23:49   Link #81
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I belive hell is somethin made up to make people belive they will go there if they dont clean up their act or other crap. just like heaven. no offence to anyone.
Old 2010-06-04, 01:01   Link #82
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I belive hell is somethin made up to make people belive they will go there if they dont clean up their act or other crap. just like heaven. no offence to anyone.
Enjoy your lack of existence after you die.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 11:00   Link #83
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Enjoy your lack of existence after you die.
Unfortunately the removal of any conscious thought kind of gets in the way of enjoyment, emotion, and opinion for that matter. Nice try though.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 16:00   Link #84
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Unfortunately the removal of any conscious thought kind of gets in the way of enjoyment, emotion, and opinion for that matter. Nice try though.
Depends on what afterlife you believe in; if you go by the Catholic Christian version, then you're going to be perfectly aware of everything happening to you even after you die, regardless if you end up in heaven or hell.
Old 2010-06-04, 17:22   Link #85
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Depends on what afterlife you believe in; if you go by the Catholic Christian version, then you're going to be perfectly aware of everything happening to you even after you die, regardless if you end up in heaven or hell.
I know, I'm actually an ex-Catholic myself. I was just responding to the concept of 'enjoying a lack of existence.' If one believes they will cease to exist entirely at death, then concepts such as enjoyment or even reflection become irrelevant.
Old 2010-06-04, 19:06   Link #86
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

just because I'm Athiest doesn't mean I don't belive in no afterlife. I do belive in reincarnation.
Old 2010-06-04, 19:30   Link #87
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What is hell?
Hell is the opposite of heaven.
Quote:
just because I'm Athiest doesn't mean I don't belive in no afterlife. I do belive in reincarnation.
Your name is Athiest? If you meant "atheist" I suggest you look it up before throwing it around. Being a atheist means you don't believe in divinity, which includes the afterlife, reincarnation and everything else mystical. It is also not limited to anything christian, unless you want to be some sort of atheist hypocrit.
Old 2010-06-04, 19:43   Link #88
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Hell = Boredom

I'm always think it like that even I'd worship Abraham's Religion.
Old 2010-06-04, 22:51   Link #89
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
What is hell?
Hell is the opposite of heaven.
Your name is Athiest? If you meant "atheist" I suggest you look it up before throwing it around. Being a atheist means you don't believe in divinity, which includes the afterlife, reincarnation and everything else mystical. It is also not limited to anything christian, unless you want to be some sort of atheist hypocrit.
well I don't know what you would call someone who just belives in reincarnation =\ no need to be a jerk about it. I don't look too much into any religion so yea I wouldn't know. nor do I care too because imo religion is just well like i said, made up rules to keep people in order.

by the way, My name is ... well you don't need to know my name.
Old 2010-06-04, 23:03   Link #90
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I was attempting to be funny with the wink. I guess you missed the point of my post. It was not an attack on you or your belief at all.

Just having a little fun is all. I could care less what others believe about afterlives and such.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 23:06   Link #91
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I was attempting to be funny with the wink. I guess you missed the point of my post. It was not an attack on you or your belief at all.

Just having a little fun is all. I could care less what others believe about afterlives and such.
Every time i think about death and what comes after, i get sick. I keep thinking everything just goes black and nothing happens..
Old 2010-06-04, 23:52   Link #92
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Every time i think about death and what comes after, i get sick. I keep thinking everything just goes black and nothing happens..
Think sleep.
Old 2010-06-05, 00:10   Link #93
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
L'enfer, c'est les autres

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 00:13   Link #94
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Think sleep.
Remember back to the time before you were born. This is what I think happens after you die

Quote:

No offense taken or anything. I'm more interested in the logistical side of things, I don't really care on a personal level. If one believes there is no afterlife, there ceases to be experience at all. This seems to be misunderstood by most people so I tried to clarify.
Old 2010-06-05, 07:06   Link #95
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Think sleep.
thats exactly what I think XD

but i hate sleep >< Maybe death is like Kingdom Hearts: Birth by sleep.
Old 2010-06-05, 10:42   Link #96
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
but i hate sleep ><
Why do you hate sleep? =O Sounds kind of strange to me considering that sleep is one of those things your body really needs.

On topic, I'm Catholic Christian, but I've never actually thought about what hell is, which seems odd when I think about it. Just never really crosses my mind as something important to ponder on.
Old 2010-06-05, 10:46   Link #97
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

*shrugs* Hell? What's that?
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 11:51   Link #98
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Whether or not it is real, I don't know. I don't think anyone knows if the afterlife is real or not.. not like people have come back from it. All besides the tales of people who almost died but came back and who saw something on the other side.

I believe in the afterlife, in heaven and hell but not the kind people usually portray it to be. I believe we create our own hell by what we do in life that we cannot forgive ourselves for after we die, not that we get send to one gate or the other. I believe heaven is a place everyone goes to eventually regardless of who and what you are and do. However as I have said you create your own hell, if you cannot come into acceptance of your own death or die tragic I believe hell is that you remain here and wander and not move on as they call it. Drowning into the insanity of your own emotions and become crazed by it so much that you forget every aspect of time, emotions and places.

The picture image of what hell is according to many religions I believe is false and is made to scare and control people. But it is an interesting factor, specially old pictures and texts and I collect things of that kind just because I find it interesting.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 14:15   Link #99
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Why do you hate sleep? =O Sounds kind of strange to me considering that sleep is one of those things your body really needs.

On topic, I'm Catholic Christian, but I've never actually thought about what hell is, which seems odd when I think about it. Just never really crosses my mind as something important to ponder on.
because the average human spents 60%+ of their life asleep. If I could, i'd only sleep for 2 or 3 hours a day. or not at all if I could.
Old 2010-06-05, 18:50   Link #100
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Hell is like the Sun except infinite times hotter for evil people (breaking 10 commandments and minor things).

Buddhism: Get reincarnated as a water flea. (Angel Beats reference)

I think there's a Muslim version of hell.... but I'm not really sure about that...