AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-08, 06:33   Link #1201
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Sadly, Radon's partner is underwhelming and more or less a clone of Nebula Lord Dragon in Legion form. It's hard to adjust magic numbers with that guy compare to NLD. So far the only scary new unit released is Photon which is a free lock and splashable to all LJ decks. Heck, I'm buying 4 TDs just for Photon, not Garnet Star Dragon
Old 2014-07-10, 19:15   Link #1202
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Futayo View Post
So far the only scary new unit released is Photon which is a free lock and splashable to all LJ decks. Heck, I'm buying 4 TDs just for Photon, not Garnet Star Dragon
Just for one card... Bushiroad knows how to make money out of their TD.

@DevilHighDxD : Sure, Acid Ace with Link Joker.

Star Vader, Garnet Star Dragon`s lore...
Spoiler for lores:

Crap... If that true, does that mean that BBS is the version that GSD took from the past and he want to Kai because he doesn`t know Aichi ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 00:07   Link #1203
Kurohane

No, Miwa!

The Kagerou legion was awesome. It was a good match too, though it was breezed through. I guess that was the first hint of Miwa's defeat. Since Miwa, Misaki and Kamui were fighting separately, it was a possibility that some of them may lose. Case in point is the future Kamui vs Gaillard fight. Honestly, we don't need to see it to know the outcome.

Also, dang, that memory wipe is legit! One of the main reasons I thought it was a lie was that the stakes were unfair. The mates treasure their memories of Aichi, and can't really be measured fairly. The seals the Quatre Knights guard have a constant value, and their importance may be viewed differently to each of the four. After all, Raul wanted his to be unlocked.

We got Neve's backstory, though not to the part when Aichi came to him. Another hint towards Miwa lost was the comparison between Neve's and Miwa's reasons for fighting. Neve fights to keep his country in peace, essentially shouldering a heavy burden. Compared to Miwa, the difference is hard to compare, and Miwa notes this himself. However, no matter the weight of the burden, their resolve and feelings are equal. However, Miwa says he wanted to bring Aichi back for Kai's sake. No matter how much it made sense, it still didn't feel right, and I figured it was another hint towards his lost. It's so he can come back with a modified reason that doesn't come off like he's getting Aichi back for Kai's sake alone. And yes, Miwa will regain his memories though I doubt it will require a fight this time, especially since he won't be the only one who will lose.

It makes me worried about Misaki, but I'm confident she'll win this time. This is her revenge match. Furthermore, we get more hints that Aichi is holding something back. He's likely preventing the "red lights" (Link Joker) from going to earth in the OP. How and why are still left to interpretation. Again, I ask why him? He is just an ordinary boy. I believe this season is partly about everyone remembering that. Gaillard and even Neve may respect them, but it's likely they only see him as the hero who saved the world. They put him on a pedestal, when he's just an average person just like them. I'm sure later it will be expanded more by the mates of Aichi's humanity, and they will free him of this burden that doesn't treats him like a person.

*sigh* Of course, even popularity would end up biting Aichi in the but. He never gets a break.
Old 2014-07-13, 01:11   Link #1204
LostSome

Neve got his second win, I was expecting as much.
I`m mad at Miwa`s fight being so short, not him actually losing...
Come on, Kai ! Sensing Aichi, but not Miwa`s losing ? *sigh* It still all about Aichi with him.

Neve`s story explains why he`s so kind and good with animals. Nice touch.
A rather weird black outfit that Gaillard had in the flashback...
Old 2014-07-13, 02:30   Link #1205
Kurohane

Something I forgot to mention last week. A slight change was made to the OP.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-07-13, 21:45   Link #1206
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Miwa always loses. What about his status as Kai's training partner, does that not amount to something?

What Neve mentioned made me curious. He said Aichi is sealed "to prevent another war from happening again". Well and good, though how? The Link Joker invasion was balked. Does this have something to do with what Aichi saw after Evil Takuto was sucked into wherever Void came from alongside Good Takuto?

There's the movie Neon Messiah (that counterpart [?]) to DAIGO's new live action Vanguard movie). A guy from the manga named Kouji Ibuki is set to appear there, using a subclan from Link Joker called Deleters. Ibuki was the one who taught Kai and Miwa how to play Vanguard. He is also said to have some kind of mysterious form of Psyqualia. Anyway, since I've heard the movie happens in the in-between of the conclusion of the Link Joker-hen and the start of Legion Mate-hen, it is safe to assume that our questions about Aichi being sealed away would be answered by it.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 01:13   Link #1207
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Miwa always loses. What about his status as Kai's training partner, does that not amount to something?

What Neve mentioned made me curious. He said Aichi is sealed "to prevent another war from happening again". Well and good, though how? The Link Joker invasion was balked. Does this have something to do with what Aichi saw after Evil Takuto was sucked into wherever Void came from alongside Good Takuto?

There's the movie Neon Messiah (that counterpart [?]) to DAIGO's new live action Vanguard movie). A guy from the manga named Kouji Ibuki is set to appear there, using a subclan from Link Joker called Deleters. Ibuki was the one who taught Kai and Miwa how to play Vanguard. He is also said to have some kind of mysterious form of Psyqualia. Anyway, since I've heard the movie happens in the in-between of the conclusion of the Link Joker-hen and the start of Legion Mate-hen, it is safe to assume that our questions about Aichi being sealed away would be answered by it.
Neve was visibly troubled at Miwa's skill. The match could have gone either way.

Wouldn't we look for answers in the season itself, instead of a movie?

I do wonder how the move will play out. I wonder about the continuity. Only days past between Link Joker and Legion Mate. Also, the current school year is still going on, yet Aichi and the others look like they are wearing summer clothes in movie images (well, most of them). Misaki also has long hair in the images, yet she still has short hair in season 4.
Images

Edit 1:
Impressions of episode 183:
Dang it, why!? I was afraid Misaki was going to lose, because she was separated like the rest, leaving only Naoki and Kai together, who keep getting the run around in the main halls. Rati's character arc I thought would be over with this, but no, she wins due to plot armor (Bright side, it's not only the good guys that get this). Well, it's becoming obvious the mates have caught up with the knights, because the knights are only winning now due to luck. Neve was lucky to get triggers during drive check on three consecutive turns after his first turn. Of course, Rati had four grade zeroes out of a five card hand to guard Misaki's last attack. I'm sure Gaillard will win due to plot in his match with Kamui, because it's become obvious that Miwa, Misaki and Kamui are the unlucky ones to lose their memories again for some reason for a future plot point in the future. They'll regain them, and possibly everyone in the world will regain their memories of Aichi all at the same time. Another bright side, Raul looks more and more like an ally with each episode. He'd look more like a villain if the mates were actually succeeding releasing the seals. Since they are failing horribly with only Naoki the only one to pull off a victory, that's blown to shot.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-07-20 at 01:14.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 12:17   Link #1208
shadow1296

so quick recap miwa, misaki, and kamui all lost their matches and their subsequent memories of aichi, so kai fights galliard and the match was actually good and we see galliards past in it, and then kai wins with his new legion which has an over powered ability: retires 2 reargaurd and hits the opponent for one damage that also cancel out the triggers that appear as a result of that damage, but then it turns out all of this was planned by sera who lost his match on purpose had his butler lead kai's team to the portal and hoped that kai's team defeated one more knight since he wasn't strong enough to break more than 2 seals, now it looks like next week will be the return of dark Aichi
Old 2014-08-05, 16:00   Link #1209
Kurohane

Something was definitely fishy with Serra. That much was certain, since a while ago. The most surprising news was that Serra could break two seals on his own. I guess that's the plot twist part. We knew he lead the mates to the Sanctuary, and that he secretively supported them from the shadows for a purpose. I thought he may have been an ally, but caging away Kai, Naoki and Gaillard overturned that. I honestly thought the story wouldn't go this route, because this upgrades Serra to very prominent role, and he was barely in the new OP. The new OP has only been around for six episodes, and now it already has to go through major changes. Also, it makes you ask what the heck is also in his backstory to do this.

The major question now is what happens next? Kai, Naoki and Gaillard are trapped. Kourin was away for no reason just for plot convenience, only to come back when it was too late. Rati and Kneve are somewhere. Misaki, Kamui and Miwa lost their memories, and don't know what's going on.

Aichi's situation wasn't really news. It was starting to get obvious to the point I was just getting annoyed how the Quatre Knights kept running around the bush. I mean just say it for crying out! They just made things more difficult by not telling Kai and co. from the very beginning what Aichi was doing. The worst offender of this is Kourin. I mean seriously, why the heck did you confront Kai and others, and not tell them everything there? Your not like the Quatre Knights, you actually have ties to some of the mates, namely Naoki and Misaki. I still wonder how you're even there. Granted, it wouldn't have stopped them, but then, Kai and co. would have been better prepared for this to happen, and it's not just them. Leon, Ren and Blaster Blade wanted Aichi freed knowing what would happen. Regardless of recent developments, this would have happened sooner or later. If anything, Raul just made the mates job easier. Now, they can just save him. However, I don't think Aichi's condition is a simple Reverse. I mean Serra calls him "King".

The Perdition Dragons were awesome. They couldn't have gotten a better debut. Only Kai could make counting that awesome. I'm glad Gaillard was finally beaten, and take him down a peg or two. We still don't know why he has Aichi's Gold Paladin deck though. Why did Aichi give it to him? There's still other questions too that need answering, mostly around Kourin. Let's hope at least some answers come during this new development.
----------------------------
And some answers were given. Link Joker is a surprising tenacious being. Even when you defeat it, it just latches onto the person who defeated it, and manifest again through that person. The only option was to seal it. We know know how Aichi got involved. Still, it doesn't explain Kourin, who disappeared the same day Link Joker was defeated, how she has a Link Joker deck, or the sanctuary on the moon. Hopefully, we'll get to that later.

Gaillard really annoyed me this episode. Between his and Kai's interactions, it was obvious who was being the bigger person. Also, what Gaillard said is just his POV of the story. One thing I like about Vanguard is that we don't really know that much more than the main characters. We find out more about what's going on when the mates learn it. We're finally getting the story about Aichi, only because Kai and Naoki are here to hear it. The reason I like this is because then everything they hear things from or what they even say are to be taken as their interpretation. One example is that we get the idea Blaster Blade acted on its own, because Kourin and Kai thinks it did, but is that really the truth? Another is the so-called truth Gaillard tells Naoki about Aichi not picking him, because he was weak. Knowing Aichi's personality, that is definitely not true. I like that we have to discern what's fact from merely opinion in what the characters say.

I feel sorry for Naoki, being constantly put down for being weak. It's not enough his victory against Serra was intentional by his opponent, but Gaillard puts the idea in his head that Aichi didn't choose him because he wasn't strong enough. Meanwhile, Serra is playing events out like the palm of his hand. He really covets the Link Jokers power, and probably wants to attain the Seed in the end after all the battles it goes through.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-08-10 at 01:18.
Old 2014-08-10, 02:15   Link #1210
LostSome

Episode 186.

Aichi is back and after being sealed with Link Joker for over 20 episodes, what is the first thing he does ? Blasting Kourin just for the lol ! It worked for I loled hard.

Gaillard expained what is up with Aichi and why he created the Quatre Knights, but not before giving Kai a punch in the face for all the **** he did with Link Joker. Kai agreed that he deserves all the hatred Gaillard has for him too.
Gaillard also get extra points for telling Naoki why Aichi didn`t asked him to be a Quatre Knight and asking Kai if Naoki is a kid.

That fight between evil Aichi and Neve is already great...
But next week, Aichi is going to use Chaos Breaker Dragon and Imaginary Plane Dragon !
Old 2014-08-17, 01:09   Link #1211
Kurohane

Another episode, and we get no new info. The only thing talked about was how Raul was manipulating everything from the shadows. We already got the basic gist of that, but half the episode was dedicated to how further he played the role of the chessmaster. He's simply telling Rati all of this for no reason other than to heat her up to get the fight he wanted. However, he'll never be final villain. Also, honestly, can anyone just get their hands on a Link Joker deck nowadays? Aichi being released must have a hand in this.

Found Neve reaching out to Aichi through Kai and the others a bit disgusting. I mean Neve, what did you and the other Quatre Knights do to those mates for the entire season? If anyone shouldn't talk about them, it's certainly you. However, Aichi certainly has no lack of willpower being able to repress the Seed when it's already taken over to such an extent.

The biggest highlight was Ren and Leon arriving. Ren one-upping Morres and breaking the ice through the other side. Gaillard already weakened it enough from his end. I found it funny in the preview that they still feign neutrality at this point.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-08-17 at 01:26.
Old 2014-08-19, 00:11   Link #1212
shadow1296

its official there is a star-vader blaster joker

Images
just so many questions come to mind with this, but the first is how in the world was link joker able to corrupt blaster blade? also its seems it will be getting support of link joker units based around blaster blades allies first of which is based off gallatine and wingal brave

Images

Last edited by shadow1296; 2014-08-19 at 00:25.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 17:05   Link #1213
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
its official there is a star-vader blaster joker

Images
just so many questions come to mind with this, but the first is how in the world was link joker able to corrupt blaster blade? also its seems it will be getting support of link joker units based around blaster blades allies first of which is based off gallatine and wingal brave

Images
It's important to note that those are going to be in the movie booster set, so I doubt we'll see them in the actual series.

Here's the movie's second teaser trailer:
YouTube
  • Three way Cardfight
  • Alfred and Blaster Blade Legion in CGI
  • Bravery Flame movie theme song
Old 2014-08-22, 17:50   Link #1214
LostSome

The lores of SV, Brave Fang and Silence SV, Dilaton say they were created from Blaster Blade`s memories.
Now is Blaster Joker just another creation or the real BB after Chaos Breaker Dragon had its fun with him ?

Oh ! Forgot about last episode...
Neve`s determination on reaching Aichi and his absolute fate that he would awaken if only could reach him was quite a sight.
After taking his own Judgment, he still took the half conscious Aichi back to his throne.
Gaillard`s being the most loyal to Aichi is hard to believe after this, but we`ll see.

We get to see more of post season 3 Aichi from Neve`s flashback.
I can`t believe he just came out and asked Neve, "I need to seal myself away and I want you to help me" with a smile...No time for being shy about it.
That fight under the full moon. Neve`s a romantic !

Next, we have our so-called villain(Serra, you`re trying too hard, but you do make pretty nice evil faces.) baiting Ratie into fighting him.
No more donuts for you !
Next episode, more of Serra`s smuck and Ratie`s past with Aichi.
Old 2014-08-30, 23:36   Link #1215
Kurohane

Episode 188:
Well, it's nice to know Misaki really did reach Rati during their second fight. Aichi also helped out to change her viewpoint when he met her beforehand. However, being a newcomer to the power of friendship, she couldn't really utilze it during her fight with Serra. Wish she didn't sound like those were her last words when she lost.

I think this episode establishes that Kourin is behind the Sactuary and the sealing option. How she got the power to do is still question that needs answering. I always thought Kourin came up to Aichi with the sealing solution for the seed. IIt's possible Aichi was like Ren at the beginning, that there could be another way to solve this, but Kourin shot it down. Hence, his depressed expression and tone when Ren said that he believed there were other ways. You could get that feel when Aichi told Ren there wasn't one, that he also pursued the same possibility, but he couldn't find one. I want to see when he went to see Leon. It may hold the same things, but on the other hand, it may leave a hint. We got the flashbacks of Aichi meeting with all the Quatre Knights, some took longer then others (Neve and Rati), so I'm sure we'll see it eventually.

I hope we get answers to a particular detail that's been nagging me. What is the purpose of sealing Aichi in those clothes? Also, why does the seal location look like a throne? Cera also mentioned something important in that the seal didn't stop the seed from generating power at all; it just put Aichi to sleep.

I liked Aichi's determined face at the end. It looked like he came to descision about something. Looking forward to see the results. Don't lose to Cera, Aichi!
Old 2014-09-01, 05:22   Link #1216
Kirandra

Images

We need someone to do this in the anime as well now.
Kirandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 00:01   Link #1217
shadow1296

link joker version of marron
Images
Old 2014-09-02, 00:08   Link #1218
LostSome

Evil Marron is showing much skin.
Unlike his original, no one is going to question Mayoron`s gender.

RR ? That alone is evil !
Old 2014-09-02, 01:12   Link #1219
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Based on the skill, it's assumed that Blaster Joker will be the legion mate of another unit.
Old 2014-09-02, 01:25   Link #1220
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirandra View Post
Images

We need someone to do this in the anime as well now.
Haha, Aichi's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
link joker version of marron
Images
Who's next, Elaine?

Tags
card game, cardfight vanguard