AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-11, 19:12   Link #161
GDB

Couldn't look much worse.

Honestly, I wish they'd use Wally for the movie and let the show use Barry, but the DC higher ups hate Wally and killed him off during the most recent reboot (or previous reboot... have they rebooted again since 52?), so I fully don't expect them to even reference his existence.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 19:36   Link #162
Frontier

I think the TV suit is actually growing on me, but yeah, it could definitely be better .

I'm fine with having Barry as the Flash in the TV show and the movies, but I would also be quite happy to see Wally finally get some attention again. He's recently come back in the New 52 but I feel the less said about that, the better .

On the positive side, the show's producers have mentioned that making the West family African-American was in part so that they could introduce Wally later, since he's bi-racial in the New 52. So there's that .
Old 2014-09-11, 20:32   Link #163
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Couldn't look much worse.

Honestly, I wish they'd use Wally for the movie and let the show use Barry, but the DC higher ups hate Wally and killed him off during the most recent reboot (or previous reboot... have they rebooted again since 52?), so I fully don't expect them to even reference his existence.
No they haven't rebooted again since starting the New 52. I don't think they are gonna reboot again for a while. Also I'm pretty sure that Wally is gonna appear in the Flash show. I actually sorta like the suit they are using in the show.

Wally has reappeared in the New 52 but like Frontier said but if you really love Wally maybe it might be better if you if didn't know about the changes they made to him.
Old 2014-09-13, 22:28   Link #164
ronin myael
lost ronin

Wally West is my favorite Flash too and it's because he's funny, cocky and hyperactive which suits his speedster powers. I don't like what DC has done to the character recently though. Wally will always have red hair to me. I want to see him in the Justice League film, not Barry Allen. But like someone else posted in this thread, with Snyder on the driver's seat, he will find ways to make either Wally or Barry into an emo super hero. The bright red of the Flash costume will most likely be muted down to a darker maroon with bronze accents. LOL

I grew up being a DC fan but with the disastrous new 52's and the lackluster live action movies, I am more than happy to stick to the animated films they put out, they're way better. Arrow is okay but the second season didn't do much for me, I liked the first season better. The Flash series, however, I really couldn't bring myself to like so far. It's a bit childish and cheesy for my taste. It shares some similarities to Smallville and I feel that the guy they tapped to play Barry seemed "weak" somehow. He just doesn't have enough charisma for the lead role in my opinion.
Old 2014-09-14, 17:40   Link #165
GDB

So, apparently TNT is developing a (Teen) Titans series. The confirmed characters so far are Nightwing, Starfire, and Raven. I'm far more hyped for that than this movie.
Old 2014-09-15, 14:12   Link #166
Frontier

Pretty much anything DC TV-wise has me more hyped than this movie .

Though I'll admit that the Batman/Batmobile and Wonder Woman reveal got me a little excited...

I had heard about a live-action Young Justice show, so I wonder if that's related? It's interesting enough, and has the potential to be a good series, but I'll need to see more of how they're approaching it before I decide if I'll watch it or not. One cool thing is definitely that it seems like they'll be a bigger DC universe at play for the series, what with a mention of Dick's tenure as Robin with Batman in the show description .

It'll also be interesting to see where they go in terms of the costumes for the Titans, and how comic-accurate they'll be. I wonder how skimpy Starfire's might be ?

Donna Troy showing up would be awesome, though I wonder if we might get a live-action Kid Flash in this first before The Flash ?
Old 2014-09-15, 14:30   Link #167
GDB

I'm doubting we'll get Kid Flash. That'd be 3 different Flash characters between the movies, the CW show, and this. Similar to Speedy/Roy Harper, since he'll be in Arrow as Arsenal. I'm also doubting it'll have Cyborg, since he's supposed to be in the movies as well. And Beast Boy would murder the budget with his CGI and special effects. Also doubting Superboy, since not only would they need to explain his origin (...have fun with that shit), but they'd need to make it believable that he doesn't just solo everything.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we got Donna Troy (it feels like there needs to be a second "shadow stepper" in addition to Dick, and the other two I explained above) as one of the remaining characters. Assuming they go with 5 for the initial roster (seems like a safe bet), that'd be 3 girls and 1 guy, so the 5th would likely be male. As such, I'd throw my hat in the ring for either Blue Beetle or Aqualad.
Old 2014-09-15, 17:26   Link #168
Frontier

Two guys and three girls on a Superhero team? That would be a nice change for once .

Yeah, Beast Boy would be really hard to do on a TV budget. Not only would there be the cost of the animals, but the CG that they would need for the transformations and to make them look green would likely be pretty high. I guess they could limit his animal forms, or even that they need to look green, but that would be pretty disappointing .

I wonder, if they do use Blue Beetle, what the suit would look like? I'd hope it'd look more like the one used in that old teaser, and at least better and less bulky than the suit used on Smallville .

I could see Superboy showing up, but with a more streamlined origin. And to prevent him overshadowing anyone, else the creative team do what the Young Justice cartoon did and limit the number of Superman's powers he has, or at the very least weaken them. Though if they have Wonder Girl in the roster, another hero with Super Strength would probably be redundant, especially with Starfire in it already.

Aqualad would be cool to see, especially if they have Donna so that at least 3 founding Titans members end up on the live-action roster, though it's likely they'll use Kaldur instead of Garth if only for more racial diversity.

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-09-15 at 17:38.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 20:06   Link #169
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

As interestingly informative the latest discussion has been, unfortunately it's off-topic for this thread. If there's not a general DC live action discussion thread, someone create it and move the discussion there.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 23:13   Link #170
Galaxian

The trailer got leaked... Apparently nowadays they can't keep anything from getting leaked...

Spoiler for Thoughts:
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 00:07   Link #171
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

OMG! This is Dark Knight Returns live action or a Luthor President in the Superman comics.

The atmosphere is 100% Dark Knight Returns in the comics, the storyline is seems to hybird Superman where Luthor became president and taunting Superman as a god.

Spoiler for Images of BATMAN:
Old 2015-04-17, 15:27   Link #172
GDB

What an awful trailer. Not sure if they could've had the Superman = Jesus thing be any more blatant without literally slapping you with a Bible while doing it. The entire premise of the trailer also has Batman come across as a villain instead of the antithesis of corruption that he is in Dark Knight Returns. Hell, if that had been anyone BUT Batman, you'd be certain they were the villain of the movie.

Saddest part is I had absolutely no hope for this trailer to begin with, since the movie's still almost a year away. How could it have possibly still let me down?
Old 2015-04-17, 15:30   Link #173
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Maybe I'll check it out again when they officially release the trailer...not sure how I feel about it to be honest. They did kind of go insane with the whole Superman religious stuff, though to be fair they did have some stuff like that in the Man of Steel film as well...

I'm not sure, will wait and see how it turns out. Right now I'm more at the point of not being sure what I think about this trailer.
Old 2015-04-17, 15:52   Link #174
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Affleck's Batman voice is really good. I like it more than Bale's Batman growl.

Some of the shots of Superman were good, specifically the one where he was holding up what looked like a large vehicle. It's refreshing to know that even with a more grimdark Superman being the current approach, they're still able to have some fun with classic Superman superhero poses.

It has a good movie trailer feel to it.

That being said, I share similar concerns to GDB and FlareKnight's when it comes to just what exactly they're aiming for here, and if it'll all go together well.

The Dark Knight Returns inspirations are blatantly obvious, and I'm not sure that gels well with how they're trying to frame Superman here. It makes me think a bit of trying to fuse TDKR with All-Star Superman, or fusing TDKR with the Death and Return of Superman (the whole Doomsday/Cyborg Superman storyline of the early 90s). That strikes me as a really tough blend to pull off well, but we'll see.

Of course, it's just one trailer. Maybe it's playing up elements that won't be that central in the movie script as a whole.

In any event, I've been skeptical about this movie for awhile, so I'm not particularly disappointed.
Old 2015-04-17, 15:52   Link #175
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe I'll check it out again when they officially release the trailer...not sure how I feel about it to be honest. They did kind of go insane with the whole Superman religious stuff, though to be fair they did have some stuff like that in the Man of Steel film as well...

I'm not sure, will wait and see how it turns out. Right now I'm more at the point of not being sure what I think about this trailer.
Yeah, Man of Steel wasn't subtle at all.
Old 2015-04-17, 16:04   Link #176
Wandering Soul

They really hit you over the Superman is the messiah thing in this trailer. No attempt to even look subtle.

Also Batman actually looks like a villain in this trailer. If I didn't know any better I would actually think he was the villain
Old 2015-04-17, 16:58   Link #177
monster

Does anyone know yet if the titular characters are supposed to be the protagonist and antagonist of the movie or is it just going to be two main characters with different opinions clashing and then coming together to fight the actual antagonist?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 17:04   Link #178
Galaxian

No. All we know is that Affleck is getting top billing over Cavill.
Old 2015-04-17, 17:24   Link #179
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
No.
Ah, so I assume this will be an original story?
Quote:
All we know is that Affleck is getting top billing over Cavill.
Isn't that just because of the actors? Affleck is probably more known than Cavill. (I don't actually know if that's true for the whole world, but it's certainly true enough for me.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 17:30   Link #180
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Isn't that just because of the actors? Affleck is probably more known than Cavill. (I don't actually know if that's true for the whole world, but it's certainly true enough for me.)
I've been wondering about that too, because, even when this was presented as a Man of Steel sequel, Batman's name was still going before Superman's.