AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-08-14, 08:58   Link #401
Tenzen12

It will be sister. Girls was just decoy, prepare for sausage fest.
Old 2016-08-14, 09:10   Link #402
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

So what? For every pair, 1 person will die? So in the end only Suza-kun and Asuha remain? Weird...
I really hope they don't do this. These kinds of "death quotas" are among my least favorite things in fiction. I think they really cheapen a narrative and make characters' deaths feel meaningless, because they were ordained to die by the plot due to whatever team/group/association/etc. they were part of. Like, they did not die because of their actions, but their actions themselves were dictated by their requirement to die, if that makes sense. I would rather have a show where nobody important dies than where an exact number from a specific group is required to die for the sake of "symmetry" or some such.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2016-08-14 at 09:27.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 09:19   Link #403
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

God damn it, the people behind this are real evil, they have Hime take the spotlight and let her be the best character in this so far, and then we get to this... She has raised so many death flags that's not even funny anymore.
Last ep I was sure that the one to bite the dust would be Hotaru, with her crossing into the no entry zone and all that, but now we got Hime as good as death... please don't kill Hime
Old 2016-08-14, 10:16   Link #404
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
I think it's time to pick who to sacrifice between Chiba's siblings.
The brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
God damn it, the people behind this are real evil, they have Hime take the spotlight and let her be the best character in this so far, and then we get to this... She has raised so many death flags that's not even funny anymore.
Last ep I was sure that the one to bite the dust would be Hotaru, with her crossing into the no entry zone and all that, but now we got Hime as good as death... please don't kill Hime
It's too obvious IMO, Hime will live, her friend will die.
Old 2016-08-14, 12:02   Link #405
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The brother.

It's too obvious IMO, Hime will live, her friend will die.
It's actually not far-fetched for Kasumi to die in dangerous times, because his world has no direct combat capability. But losing Hotaru and Kasumi will mean losing 2 brains of the group.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 12:06   Link #406
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Action is fine, and I like Hime, but other then that this episode had a whole bunch of nothing happen.
The direction could have been a whole lot tighter this episode. There was a feeling this episode could have a good impact but it just felt weak and scattered by going everywhere.

And I'll place my bet on Asuha biting it eventually. Kasumi's obsessive over his sister, just like Ichiya and Hotaru is over their partners. The surviving members (Ichiya, Hotaru and Kasumi) and their missing/dead partners (Canaria, Hime and Asuha) would match up against that one time they split up into trios.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 15:12   Link #407
Enternal

NOOOOOOOO!!!! *sigh* I really hope she doesn't die... Last week it felt like Hotaru was going to die. And now it seems to be her instead. Uuurgh. This is bad for the heart.

Spoiler for Images:
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 17:15   Link #408
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
And I'll place my bet on Asuha biting it eventually. Kasumi's obsessive over his sister, just like Ichiya and Hotaru is over their partners. The surviving members (Ichiya, Hotaru and Kasumi) and their missing/dead partners (Canaria, Hime and Asuha) would match up against that one time they split up into trios.
Yeah, if they do intend take this path that seems the more likely, looking at the characters. Still I don't think Hime will kick the bucket, may be for the timing, but it's also true that the set up can easily go with Houtaru arriving just to hug her on the floor and say her good bye.
But they can instead go with Hotaru and the siblings arriving to back up her, not being enough, letting the right spot to shine for trash-kun saving the day.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 17:32   Link #409
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I truly don't get why this show is being bashed so much. Well, with the possible exception of a particular area or two.

The action scenes do occasionally feel a little flat. In most ways, they feel like a weaker version of Owari no Seraph's action scenes to me. Still, they're good enough, they're passable, they get the job done.

Maihime is an excellent character. There's just so much to like about this character.

She has a fairly typical sad backstory, but what makes it so refreshing here is that Maihime didn't go all angsty over seeing her home partially destroyed. Instead, she showed wonderful resolve. At the same time, she shows a good amount of emotional vulnerability/weakness when it comes to Hotaru. This ensures that Maihime feels very human.

Hotaru is a good compliment to Maihime, and I really like Hotaru's overall style.

The siblings continue to have good dialogue, and Ichiya's big rage moment was fun to watch. On the whole, I though Episode 6 was very good!

I can respect/understand people disliking what's happened to Canaria, particularly if this sort of thing is a non-negotiable for you (as I get the impression it is for Random Wanderer). But for me, Canaria's (seeming) death makes the current death flags flying high around Maihime to be much more compelling. It does a good job of keeping me in serious suspense.

Anyway, excellent episode for Maihime.
Old 2016-08-14, 18:25   Link #410
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I truly don't get why this show is being bashed so much.
(I don't really hate the show so don't think the following too strongly)

I think it's mainly due to the whole "we're just not gonna explain anything" deal that's been happening since episode 1. Patience is starting to evaporate.

While we may use "mystery" for anything that involves not knowing the situation, there's a big difference between not knowing but having some hints, and not knowing and having just teasers that raise more questions waved around (chips, and so on).

If this was a horror it would work, but since it's not (at least I dont see it as such), it makes the show feel flat. Since let's be honest the antagonist here is the "unknown" element we've been teased of, not the "unknown" funny tanpon alien thingies. Currently, the characters might as well be fighting and dieing to thin air. Every time they reveal stuff about the world it's always something that seems to compact the setting further, which maybe there's a good reason for it, but right now it's not really doing the series any favors since it's just making everything look very shallow.
Old 2016-08-14, 19:03   Link #411
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I truly don't get why this show is being bashed so much.
In a nutshell, QC is a promising story backed with lots of animation quality issues.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 19:12   Link #412
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@felix and Marcus H. - Fair points. Between the two of you, you've nailed the show's two biggest weaknesses (its background "mystery" narrative, and some animation issues).

I guess it helps that the present-tense story unfolding before me is good/engaging enough that I can just put the kinda lame mystery narrative on the back-burner. Maybe it's best to try to forget all about it, and try to experience the narrative through the eyes of the characters? In other words, not try to figure out exactly what's going on here, and just take things at face value (like most of the characters are doing) until key reveals are made. This is one time where my tendency to evaluate anime shows based on what we know right now, and leave the future to itself, is actually coming in handy for me.

The show's visual weaknesses will definitely hold it back from greatness, for sure, but I still think it's a pretty good show overall. It's a pleasant surprise for what I've come to expect from these types of super-powered teenager LN adaptations.
Old 2016-08-14, 20:15   Link #413
Enternal

At least on MAL, I see some of the more major complaints are the animation issues. Considering it's from A-1, people probably expected better animation and rightfully so. Not only that, didn't Qualidea Code received quite a bit of hype before it actually aired? To see the animation the way it actually is, is kind of disappointing.

Anyway, I do really appreciate seeing Suzuku the way he was this episode. It really showed the emotions he went from shocked, to extreme sadness, angst, and finally fury. It did bothered me that a few commenters (not here) were calling him names because he was raging this episode. I think it's a normal emotion if you encountered the enemies that killed the one you care the most in the world and you could not do a think about it. Is it not?

About Maihime's probable death, to be honest, I'm not sure. It may have been just me but Canaria's death was a surprise to me since I thought she got past the so called "death flags" after she was hurt singing for Suzuku only for her to die that very same episode that she recovered in. In addition, the atmosphere of the show have been relatively light so I did not think about the deaths of the main cast really possible. The next episode after that, "death flags" seems to have been lifted for Hotaru but then this episode where it's all over the place for Maihime since we now get to know more about her backstory. If she does die, it really does match up with how the 2 team were split up up initially (Suzuku, Hotaru, and Kasumi. Maihime, Asuha, and Canaria). However if she does not, then it's not really surprising either. Basically for me, I'm not sure which path they are going to take. Who knows, they might even make it so Maihime gets knocked out in a coma instead of death. Then the next question is what they planned on doing with Asuha and Kasumi because they could just twist things around again.

Either way, I wish to be able to see more smiling Maihime.
Spoiler for Mahime Tenkawa:
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 23:47   Link #414
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
NOOOOOOOO!!!! *sigh* I really hope she doesn't die... Last week it felt like Hotaru was going to die. And now it seems to be her instead. Uuurgh. This is bad for the heart.

Spoiler for Images:
Is that... yes, it is Haimura! Awesome.

That said, I prefer Hime's anime design, if only because the silver hair reminds me of Sora (Yosuga no sora).
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 10:12   Link #415
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

About Maihime's probable death, to be honest, I'm not sure. It may have been just me but Canaria's death was a surprise to me since I thought she got past the so called "death flags" after she was hurt singing for Suzuku only for her to die that very same episode that she recovered in. In addition, the atmosphere of the show have been relatively light so I did not think about the deaths of the main cast really possible.
Not just you, I was legitimately shocked by that moment and it was what solidified my decision to stick with this series till the end even if I still have major issues with the art and overall plot. It was actually two surprises for me, one right after the other. Characters admitting their feelings well before the final episode and then one of them seemingly killed off right after such a big deal was made about her rescue? Not something I'd ever have predicted.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 19:20   Link #416
chaos_animagic

Wonder when we'll get to the "wake up from dream of the world" and into "reality" to fight to real boss. lol

(cause they get their "powers" from their "dream of the world" when they were in cold sleep) (never know... maybe they're still dreaming...)

Cause at this rate, everyone but the emo dude will be left in "this world".

BTW, the way the "chip" shines behind everyone's neck seem to act as a sort of "homing tracker" for the Aliens... that's why they seem to easily send things down and squash people or aim lasers at ppls that isn't skilled enough to dodge.
(more proof everyone is already under Aliens control)

(if more ppls start dying, it will be more than enough evidence for the above theory and I will just stop watching the rest of this series...)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 06:53   Link #417
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
@chaos_animagic
I have the same thinking as you are regarding the code chips. I feel that someone rigged them so that the Unknown can take out lots of small fries with pinpoint accuracy.

Seriously, whoever tampered the chips have no intention of saving the three cities!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 09:26   Link #418
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
At least on MAL, I see some of the more major complaints are the animation issues. Considering it's from A-1, people probably expected better animation and rightfully so. Not only that, didn't Qualidea Code received quite a bit of hype before it actually aired? To see the animation the way it actually is, is kind of disappointing.
The animation is really, really, really bad. Aside from the distortions in every single episode there was a moment this time where they forgot to colour something and you had those lines for dust/injury shining in wonderous blue colour. Reminded me of the purple tiles and blue smoke in one episode of Shingeki no Kyojin during the TV airing.
Old 2016-08-18, 03:15   Link #419
Wipe

Images
wellcome Unknow Canaria-Type
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

https://twitter.com/QUALIDEACODE/sta...57025441042432

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2016-08-18 at 07:29. Reason: Please either use thumbnails (which imgur DOES provide) or the [images] tag for large images.
Wipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 10:08   Link #420
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipe View Post
Images
wellcome Unknow Canaria-Type
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

https://twitter.com/QUALIDEACODE/sta...57025441042432
Spoiler: