AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-09, 07:43   Link #21
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Gai just looks so horribly disfigured... he's going to wish he had died

Anyway, Madara is so beat up, he'll probably just regen before Naruto and Sasuke fight him anyway.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 07:55   Link #22
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Did...anyone really expect Gai to die? It's like we haven't even been reading the same manga...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 08:21   Link #23
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Dam Gai is awesome, I thought he was going to die, I don't mind if he doesn't people will acknowledge him even more for that fight and that move especially so strong.
Old 2014-04-09, 08:42   Link #24
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
It's interesting to note that Naruto didn't arrive with Obito and Sakura. Meaning he didn't return via kamui. I think Naruto arrived when Madara said "He twisted space/time".
What makes you think he arrived just then? The way he arrived wasn't shown at all, we're just shown him already present. My translation read "twisting the air around him", and Naruto isn't present anywhere in those panels --Madara is clearly referring to Guy's attack..

Quote:
So not only Naruto can bring/heal (almost) dead characters back. But it seams he can move between the dimensions as freely as he wants?
lol almost every week you find a way to misconstrue facts to imply some over-the-top power-up you want for Naruto.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 08:48   Link #25
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Pretty sure "twisting the air around him" was referring to Gai's attack like Artful said.
Old 2014-04-09, 08:52   Link #26
Owlman

Okay chapter, but the insertion of that useless flashback and wasted 2-3 pages could have been spent on showing us a little more of what Naruto and Sasske can do. Its pretty annoying when things are dragged out like this, but Guy was really bad-ass. It just makes the chapter feel so short though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
What makes you think he arrived just then? The way he arrived wasn't shown at all, we're just shown him already present. ....
lol almost every week you find a way to misconstrue facts to imply some over-the-top power-up you want for Naruto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Pretty sure "twisting the air around him" was referring to Gai's attack like Artful said.
He's just gonna come back and say he "wasn't being serious"
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 08:57   Link #27
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What makes you think he arrived just then? The way he arrived wasn't shown at all, we're just shown him already present. My translation read "twisting the air around him", and Naruto isn't present anywhere in those panels --Madara is clearly referring to Guy's attack..
Then blame the translation!

Quote:
I was just expressing my opinion. If I am wrong that's ok. No need to make it personal...
Old 2014-04-09, 09:02   Link #28
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
Naruto should have let Gai die in peace , i believe after this he wont be able to do taijutsu anymore lol
that's what they said about rock lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
The only way that Kakashi can win the contest now is if he takes of his mask.
lol yea. gai just permanently 1-upped his rival. although seeing whats behind the mask might kill him for real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Wow, were people REALLY expecting Guy to die? Really? This is the same author that made a crap ton of justu and situations that would definitely kill you, only to have the ninja involved survive. Naruto being the most recent. Were you really expecting Guy to die a blaze of glory?
you mean like jiraiya? yes of course. gai surviving isn't appropriate imho

it would be funny if sasuke arrives and places the moon on gai and it kills him
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 09:05   Link #29
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Then blame the translation!
Blame the translation for what? Naruto wasn't mentioned or shown in your version either.

Quote:
I was just expressing my opinion. If I am wrong that's ok. No need to make it personal...
lol what? How did I make it "personal"? I really just asked you a question and poked some fun by chuckling a bit about how you usually predict some crazy power-up you want for Naruto, I don't think its a big deal. A large part of the fun I get from reading along is also coming to the forums after the release to read some reactions. I find some insightful, some I agree with, and some that are just funny; but its really nothing to take so seriously as you seem to be(e.g. "I was personally insultedf for expressing my opinion" yadda yadda)... lol You need to get over yourself, seriously.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 09:12   Link #30
james0246

What a fun chapter. Great double page spread, fun flashback, and Naruto making his reappearance. Can't wait for next week.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 09:20   Link #31
Owlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
What a fun chapter. Great double page spread, fun flashback, and Naruto making his reappearance. Can't wait for next week.
I don't feel the flashback was really useful in the chapter, just an obvious way to waste time. The longer one about Guy's dad was more fun to read, but I feel both were a bit ill-timed. Whenever we're at a clutch point the author feels the need to insert some flash back that could have just as well been added long ago in the beginning, or gradually for character development --not when we've been waiting to see an epic Naruto/Sasuke comeback. I know this chapter was meant to be about Guys attack, but even that was dragged out unnecessarily long with way more page spreads than needed. There could have been much more content added instead.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 09:27   Link #32
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Blame the translation for what? Naruto wasn't mentioned or shown in your version either.
I just questioned how Naruto arrived. Since one translation brought time/space (which is how Obito's jutsy works). I figured that was Naruto. Who got there either by himself or Obito. But another translation suggest otherwise.

Once again I can admit if I am wrong . No big deal.

Quote:
lol what? How did I make it "personal"? I really just asked you a question and poked some fun by chuckling a bit about how you usually predict some crazy power-up you want for Naruto, I don't think its a big deal. A large part of the fun I get from reading along is also coming to the forums after the release to read some reactions. I find some insightful, some I agree with, and some that are just funny; but its really nothing to take so seriously as you seem to be(e.g. "I was personally insultedf for expressing my opinion" yadda yadda)... lol You need to get over yourself, seriously.
Your last sentence suggest otherwise. If you find my opinion/s wrong. Then simple ignore me. Otherwise it feels like you are "stalking me". Forgive me if I am being offensive...
Old 2014-04-09, 09:48   Link #33
Cookie-Monster

Madara seriously has a pervert fetish for fighting. He definitely gets a major boner at the thought of a good fight.

What does the moon and the sun on their palms represent? The placement of those marks is suspicious .... I wouldnt mind if they got those marks on their foreheads or something. But on their palms ...? Please anime-gods do not make it so that naruto/sasuke are going to hold hands to fight.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 10:10   Link #34
HasuMasu
*Artist

I like how <<White Flash>> saw the marks on Gai's hands/feet and just knew he was going to be stronger than Kakashi.
Old 2014-04-09, 10:20   Link #35
Battler-kun

Gai's fight was the fight of the whole Manga, whatever there is to come.

Gai showed how strong he is with purely willpower and dedication to training.

Everything else is hax bloodline shit.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 10:26   Link #36
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
ok, so Madara will die by a Naruto-Sasuke-High-5?
Old 2014-04-09, 10:42   Link #37
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
you mean like jiraiya? yes of course. gai surviving isn't appropriate imho
-Jiraiya was killed by Pain's hand personally. Neji was killed by Obito's actions. There's the difference. Guy was set to die from his own jutsu/technique's drawback and in the world of Naruto that allows you free continues like you're playing Super Mario with 99 lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
it would be funny if sasuke arrives and places the moon on gai and it kills him
-Inappropriate in practice, but damn funny on paper anyway .
Old 2014-04-09, 10:49   Link #38
Hiking_Bear

Madara should remove his eyes. He seemed a lot more powerful without them.
Old 2014-04-09, 10:58   Link #39
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

So further proof that Neji won't be revived after everything is over. I think even Inoichi and Nara will have somehow escaped.
Old 2014-04-09, 11:01   Link #40
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
ok, so Madara will die by a Naruto-Sasuke-High-5?
Both Naruto and Sasuke will hold hands ala Precure, and then shove their fists into Madara's ass and he will like it
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion