AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-27, 06:44   Link #1381
hinode

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
it also Nico stream only. July 5th
Um, seriously? *checks official website* Oh man.

For their sakes, I really hope Nico has 720p broadcasts for this, unlike all the previous nico preairs/exclusives. Otherwise there will be rioting on the streets.
Old 2014-04-27, 06:57   Link #1382
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinode View Post
Um, seriously? *checks official website* Oh man.

For their sakes, I really hope Nico has 720p broadcasts for this, unlike all the previous nico preairs/exclusives. Otherwise there will be rioting on the streets.
I've seen people already fear that this is some kind of flash series tbh, it kind of looks the part.
Add to the way it looks the bimonthly schedule and you can kind of guess that Toei isn't putting any effort or much in the way of budget into this. Sigh.

For the designs, it's also disappointing that the didn't go with any of the little alterations Takeuchi made for the manga- the chokers, the slightly more round and pretty faces- or even things that were always part of the manga, like soft colours etc.
Old 2014-04-27, 07:42   Link #1383
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by momotaros View Post
My only real complaint is the 2 episodes a month deal. That just screams to me that the series wont last very long.
I'm hoping that it's not gonna be shorter on this remake. If Toei does, I'll be disappointed when they abridged some of the scenes from the original manga.
Old 2014-04-27, 08:20   Link #1384
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Here's hoping that it will look better animated... Although so far, this project has given little reason to be hopeful about it xD This would be ok for random magical girl anime x... But after years of waiting and all the hype, this falls below expectations.
Toei, putting in honest-to-god effort into an anniversary return of a beloved classic franchise? Surely you jest! (Case in point: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. That movie had one scene of good animation in it. The rest of it looked either mediocre or awful.)

That said let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Even if you don't care for how the character-designs look (personally I think they look pretty good tho), it might look better in motion. Maybe. Assuming that it gets some competent animation-directors attached to it.
Old 2014-04-27, 08:46   Link #1385
T-6000

The character designs don't look as good as I had expected. When I saw the first promo art piece I thought that was the quality that they were aiming for. Well, one bit I'm also keeping in mind. Character art released before an anime show usually tends to be a bit less good looking and it's better when you see it in the show, animated. I'll also be a bit more forgiving of the art if the story and presentation is any good. I wish they would have released a trailer of some kind. Interesting that they gave mars her blue hair color in this (like in the manga) but Jupiter still has her brown hair from the original anime. It's also nice to see they let Venus keep her whip.

And I found this tidbit to be interesting: "The staff will make a new world feeling with the current technology." Which I did expect, even if his is closer to the Manga they can't keep a early 90s setting in this day and age. Maybe the Sailor Soldiers will have cellphones with them, and maybe I can set them up with a Steam account. Sorry, couldn't resist.

*****UPDATE*****

Ok, this is kind of wierd. Taking a good look at their faces they look better. It's just that their bodies don't look so well. Strange.
Old 2014-04-27, 09:02   Link #1386
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

I think they don't look dynamic at all.
Sure, it's closer to the manga than the first anime show but I'm not sold on those designs.
Old 2014-04-27, 10:19   Link #1387
E_I
Yuri fan

Hisako Kanemoto is voicing Mercury? The seriyuu for Cure Peace is voicing Sailor Mercury?
Old 2014-04-27, 10:27   Link #1388
kobester11

Oh god they look horrible... T.T
Now I know why Toei is hesitating to release this xpp
Old 2014-04-27, 10:35   Link #1389
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I have EXTREMELY mixed feelings.

On one hand, I can see the inspirations that were taken from the manga. Some elements are present. But they clash with the elements that are the "new" take on the style. It doesn't have that overall premium look I was hoping for out of this. Especially because of the colors, which I was already worried about with the key visual. They're too saturated, too bright. Not to mention that the faces aren't as varied as I would like them to be... Their expressions seem so forced. I could nitpick for days, honestly.

To sum it up... They are not the worst designs ever, no. But... I've also seen fanart that looks better.

As for the biweekly thing... Eh. It would be nice if the episodes were an hour long, but I won't get overly optimistic. As someone else said, Katanagatari did a one episode a month thing and I was fine with that, so it's not the end of the world.
Old 2014-04-27, 10:57   Link #1390
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
It doesn't look too bad, much better than the first anime design, but I was hoping they'd improve the character design a bit more, closer to present-day standards. Well, I guess they wanted to keep to the original manga design as much as possible I suppose.

But where the world is Tuxedo Kamen/Mamoru? I want to know what he looks like now!

Only biweekly? How short will this remake be?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2014-04-27, 10:59   Link #1391
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally! Now we wait for an animated trailer.
Old 2014-04-27, 11:10   Link #1392
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Okay, anyone else finding Rino Satou as Sailor Mars hilarious in hindsight given one her better known roles?

I so can't wait to see the amount of crossover fan art will be popping up on the internet that reference the new seiyuus of Sailor Moon (with someone already doing the most obvious crossover).
Old 2014-04-27, 11:59   Link #1393
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh god, what have they done to Mars' legs? They were her best feature in the original anime, now they look like matchsticks. Yes, I know it's because the designs are closer to the manga, but I don't like the manga art in the first palce, so...
Not to mention her right leg looks totally broken in her Mars image
Old 2014-04-27, 12:09   Link #1394
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
I love these designs. Yeah the original anime looked good but I'd say these are just as good if not better. Honestly, I think we should wait to see them in motion before jumping the gun either way.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2014-04-27, 12:30   Link #1395
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Not to mention her right leg looks totally broken in her Mars image
The same with Usagi and Venus:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's like their knees bend sideways.
Old 2014-04-27, 12:40   Link #1396
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Yup. Broken matchstick legs and big ass heads. (Well, they're not so big that it's screaming at you or anything... But their craniums are a bit too bulbous.)
Old 2014-04-27, 12:59   Link #1397
Birdway
Banned

I'm fine with the designs.

People expected too much because years of fanart(be ot due them being sexualized or overly stylized) while I expected them to look like this.

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-04-27 at 13:59.
Old 2014-04-27, 13:07   Link #1398
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Yup. Broken matchstick legs and big ass heads. (Well, they're not so big that it's screaming at you or anything... But their craniums are a bit too bulbous.)
If there's one series that excels at long-as-hell matchstick legs and super-thin waists, it's Code Geass; I mean, holy crap. One Piece comes in at a close second.

Although if you really want to see huge heads on tiny bodies, take a look at the way Mashima Hiro draws children in Fairy Tail. It's hilarious.
Old 2014-04-27, 13:32   Link #1399
Birdway
Banned

Agree, Code Geass/Clamp/OP wins hands down

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-04-27 at 13:58.
Old 2014-04-27, 13:47   Link #1400
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I'm fine with the designs.

People expected too much because years of fanart(be is sexualized or overly stylized) while I expected them to look like this.
So am I. I like them a little bit better then the originals anyway.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo