AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-01-27, 13:14   Link #32661
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
No one notice the banshee is reversed. Having the claw weapon on the other hand?

The fan inspired miss sazabi is loads better then the real one. Too bad Bandai didn't make that instead.
Thats just the Banshee's config during its testing in the sidestory/prequel in which it, the Phenex, and the ReBawoo appears

Nothing major, just different weapon loadouts at different times
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 18:11   Link #32662
Knight_SV

Gonna skip phenex and waiting for mg banshee norn and fa unicorn ova version
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 14:51   Link #32663
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
fa unicorn ova version
What would even be changed? FA Unicorn has pretty much all the minor adjustments the ver OVA has. Outside of markings I can't think of anything major really.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 18:02   Link #32664
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
What would even be changed? FA Unicorn has pretty much all the minor adjustments the ver OVA has. Outside of markings I can't think of anything major really.
An automatic transformation system?

Just kidding
Old 2014-01-28, 18:25   Link #32665
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Anyone has experience with old 1/100 Victory Gundam kits? There's a sale for them and if they're good I think I'll buy a few
Old 2014-01-28, 19:27   Link #32666
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Anyone has experience with old 1/100 Victory Gundam kits? There's a sale for them and if they're good I think I'll buy a few
From what I've read,pretty good. Little on the small side.

So the MG X looks pretty damn good. Needs a little work(v fin needs to be sanded sharper and such) but yeah it looks great. I want to run leds in under the clear purple parts so they light up, along with the chest.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 20:59   Link #32667
Skye629

Quote:
Um they're decent, not what you are used to, the parts are molded with multiple colors on them, yellow polycaps, very simple construction, need paint apps, etc

The scale is also off, smaller than 1/100's you see today
Old 2014-01-29, 02:28   Link #32668
Skye629

What HGUC OYW kits would you guys recommend? I can't decide on one to get, I know I want at least one though (please exclude RX-78-2, and the two classic Zakus though lol)

Right now Im leaning towards the HGUC Gelgoog Cannon, as it comes with all the parts for a normal and Cannon, and I think from the scans on the manual I can use most of both at once

Any other kits you guys would recommend?
Old 2014-01-29, 03:58   Link #32669
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The scale is also off, smaller than 1/100's you see today
They are mostly 16m suits though, but yeah I heard even for 16m they are undersized.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 04:06   Link #32670
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
What HGUC OYW kits would you guys recommend? I can't decide on one to get, I know I want at least one though (please exclude RX-78-2, and the two classic Zakus though lol)

Right now Im leaning towards the HGUC Gelgoog Cannon, as it comes with all the parts for a normal and Cannon, and I think from the scans on the manual I can use most of both at once

If you ask me, get GM Masterrace
Old 2014-01-29, 04:09   Link #32671
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Or a Rick Dom plus Gundam EZ-8.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 08:36   Link #32672
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

I’d say go for broke and get yourself an HGUC Acguy for something different, cute, but still somehow cool. It’s a solid kit. You can have it in two versions, the normal MSG version or the scary one-armed version that appeared in The 08th MS team.

If you count The 08th MS Team as OYW then I also recommend HG Gouf Flight Type. A pretty good and cool-looking kit even though it’s not from HGUC line. Oh, and it’s cheap too.

Still, HGUC Mass-Produced Gelgoog/Gelgoog Cannon is one of the best choices if I have say so myself.
Old 2014-01-29, 20:16   Link #32673
Skye629

Quote:
If you ask me, get GM Masterrace
The GM wha???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Or a Rick Dom plus Gundam EZ-8.
For some reason I never really liked the Rick Dom's, always preferred the Dom line of suits speeding around on the ground and being awesome

Got the EZ-8 , Splendid kit, I display it without the parachute pack though, I don't like the crappy wire/cable attachment feature with stickers

Perhaps Ill post a pic once I find time to set up a image/photobucket/imgur account and take some pictures.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I’d say go for broke and get yourself an HGUC Acguy for something different, cute, but still somehow cool. It’s a solid kit. You can have it in two versions, the normal MSG version or the scary one-armed version that appeared in The 08th MS team.

If you count The 08th MS Team as OYW then I also recommend HG Gouf Flight Type. A pretty good and cool-looking kit even though it’s not from HGUC line. Oh, and it’s cheap too.

Still, HGUC Mass-Produced Gelgoog/Gelgoog Cannon is one of the best choices if I have say so myself.
I totally forgot about the Acguy :0, I need to get me one of those

I do count 08th MS Team, as it's one of my favorite OVA's ever, and yes, I got the HG Gouf Flight Type , its on my backlog

The main reason I asked you guys for OYW recommendations is that I wanted a OYW kit from the original TV series. just for the sake of it aside from the poster image RX-78-2 and the Zaku's
Old 2014-01-29, 22:32   Link #32674
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, GM, like Zaku is basic of the basic, there's so many variant to choose that sometimes all that's left the same is GM head

That said, Gelgoog Jaeger is my favorite in Gelgoog lineage.
Old 2014-01-31, 03:00   Link #32675
Skye629

CLASSIC

This boxart wins simply due to how simple and iconic it is, any Gundam fan can look at it and automatically know what kit they are looking at

Old 2014-01-31, 03:29   Link #32676
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
CLASSIC

This boxart wins simply due to how simple and iconic it is, any Gundam fan can look at it and automatically know what kit they are looking at

Yay! Screenshot from the OP title~.
Yup. It certainly wins.
Old 2014-01-31, 04:17   Link #32677
Blazer-X

Aside from: "Why couldn't they waited for this before releasing HG Perfect Strike!?" Its quite nice.

Still, I personally prefer the MG version (If only because its bigger to play with). Although truthfully, I am more interested in his recently released cousin from Build Fighters.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 07:52   Link #32678
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 09:15   Link #32679
NeutralZero

Now that's a plamo we're going to get for sure...
too bad they didn't go for the complete pack of the strike...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 19:56   Link #32680
Aurelis
Daydreamer

I shouldn't be doing this but I really wish this leads to the other GAT series since I prefer the other units over Strike by now. I like my SEED RDs but it feels plain without the panel lines and I'm not gonna start panel lining a figure either.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Just wondering, any fans of Thunderbolt kits here? I just got the GM one and I'm rather surprised by the lean box. It looks like a fun build over the Zaku and Gundam ones. I'm just curious as to how the insulated limbs design would feel like.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy