AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Kaname vs. Tessa
Kaname 472 57.07%
Tessa 355 42.93%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-14, 13:13   Link #641
DavidLin

Wheres the both option?
I like both and so as the other girls in this amine!
Old 2009-03-14, 14:04   Link #642
Welkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
Sorry Flutters, but you rub me the wrong way, keep reading up till this point and you will see it is checkmate my ass...
I usually get annoyed when I get shown up too, I can emphasize for you. LOL.

Keep up the good work Miles.
Old 2009-03-14, 14:15   Link #643
Welkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
HOW CAN YOU EVEN SAY THAT! Have you read any of my posts as to how i show credit to tessa as well, ACKNOWLEDGING HER STRENGHTS!!!! Tessa beat Mao for ****s sake in an AS battle, which shows her ability to adapt. Kaname beat the twins, which shows her ability to adapt.... BOTH ADAPT! We are belittling two characters who are not to be belittled... and as for that post earlier miles, kaname may have left to be with leonard on that island, but she has not EXPERIENCED hardships of this type, so she reacted how an inexperienced person would. THERE also has to be another reason as to why she would, i COULD NOT AND WILL NOT see kaname ditching sousuke unless it is a SUPER legitamite reason. SO I WOULD STILL LIKE MORE PROOF AND A LINK TO THIS NOVEL TXT SO I CAN READ IT FOR MYSELF. TESSA is a commander, and knows of hard decision (MENTALLY) so that is why she can cope. BUT kaname has dealt with different emotional incidences and so has tessa, EACH REACTS TO THEIR KNOWN WORLD.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT : TESSA - MENTAL KANAME - PHYSICAL (i think i even stated that on like page 13 lol).... THAT IS EACH CHARACTERS MAIN STRENGTH! both have an understanding of the other trait, but lack in it. AND BY ANYONE SAYING KANAME IS LESS BECAUSE SHE CANT HANDLE EMOTIONAL THINGS AS WELL, OR TESSA IS LESS CAUSE PHYSICALLY SHE IS UNABLE TO COPE, IS A MORON CUZ YOU ARE BASICALLY DOWNGRADING EVERY HUMAN, INCLUDING YOURSELF, ON THIS PLANET.
The cap is your enemy, stop doing random cap.

Quote:
Flutters, you admitted to not watchign much of the anime but yet voice your opinion as well, which does not show credible evidence. you relied on Miles, which i have done as well in the past, cuz i have followed him and conversed with him over many years i have been in this forum. I have also seen the anime a million fucking times, which in turn gives me more credibility with my opinion? NO IT DOES NOT, because it is an opinion with only limited facts! Even Miles with his large amount of knowledge with FMP does not totally cover everything that is intended or analyzed! So really no one on here has a PERFECT understanding of each character type, nor can anyone on here KNOW EXACTLY how a character would be inside or outside of the lines.
False, I've shown plenty of evidence of what I've seen so far, 2/3 of FMP series. This is a classic case of someone only hearing what they want to hear. I stop reading after the bolded part from lack of coherence and because the person seems abit bias.
Quote:
My comment right there shows flaws in every bodies opinions due to personal preference, EVEN MILES, who YOUR OOGLING over, has a personal opinion as to why he likes who he likes.
Usually someone does a personal attack when they're beat, showing flaw and insecurity. Checkmate.

GG Miles, you shown this foo up. Keep being my reliable back-up LOL.

Quote:
THESE COMMENTS OF , OH IF KANAME WAS PUT IN THE POSITION OF BEING A SUB COMMANDER SHE COULDNT DO IT. that is like asking YOURSELF to be put in tessa's shoes and do waht she can do. HELL put Tessa on a pair of hockey skates, and lets see if she can handle me, of course she wouldnt be able too, i would rock the shit out of her. LOrd almighty, some of these arguements and topics of comparison are retarded. AGAIN it goes with my statement about ENVIRONMENT, and ENVIRONMENT shapes a person and how they can act and react in certain KNOWN situations
How is that even closely relevant to the show? I don't even think I've seen snow in FMP(beside the oping in Fumoffu), so I don't know why you use ice skates for a comparison. This is why I don't read your post, it's totally incoherent, not to mention hard to read with all the random capitalizing.

We could compare Tessa being a HS student - Kaname being a Captain because it's totally relevant to the show and others think its worth discussing.
Old 2009-03-14, 15:06   Link #644
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutters View Post
How is that even closely relevant to the show? I don't even think I've seen snow in FMP(beside the oping in Fumoffu), so I don't know why you use ice skates for a comparison. This is why I don't read your post, it's totally incoherent, not to mention hard to read with all the random capitalizing.

We could compare Tessa being a HS student - Kaname being a Captain because it's totally relevant to the show and others think its worth discussing.
I think you missed the point Sobresaliente was trying to make. HS life skills (skills? what? ) and commanding skills are relevant to the show, but only to their respective characters. What use is it to think about Kaname being a commander or Tessa being a HS student if it's very likely that they are never going to be presented with those situations (Tessa did play her part as an HS student, but let's not take that into acount since it was a particular situation and it's not a regular thing for her to do). What Sobresaliente said is, if you compare Kaname's comanding skills and Tessa's, who do you think is going to win? (Tessa ovbiously, but just to make it clear XD) And if you put the super clumsy, militarized Tessa in a normal HS environment, against Kaname who's already used to this kind of life, who do you think is going to do better?

The same thing, let's say I challenge you to a game I'm a very good at, but you never played, I'll ovbiously win (that considering you're normal and with no particular mental powers ).

So it's kinda useless to speculate about that. Maybe, if we give the girls a couple a years to adapt to their new environments, it might be possible to make a good evaluation of who would do better.

And if possible, stop relying on Miles, too much weight is not good for him
Old 2009-03-15, 08:40   Link #645
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
It could be quite interesting if Kaname and Teresa qwould switch sides.
Teresa being a normal HS girl and Kaname the boss of Souseke.
Perhaps maybe it would be somewhat cliche cause:
-genius and clumsy mysterious HS girl...wanted by an evil organisation(Teressa as HS girl)
-Bitchy, violent domina-boss.(Kaname if we use her basic character as the captain role)
Perhaps it's not the same as if Kaname born in Teresa's situation and Teresa in Kaname's. Just their basic characters(personality and attitude)
Old 2009-03-15, 13:07   Link #646
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

All right, i believe this is where it should stop. As interesting as the brawl conversation might be for some, i am afraid this thread is going to be locked. Various "VS" threads is something we frown upon in general, and i believe the last pages of this thread should be a good indicator as of why. The very title and the presentation is simply asking four trouble, with ultimately nothing to gain and everything to lose when all is said and done. As such, the thread is now being locked ... probably should have been long ago. Thank you for everyone that participated and managed to remain civil about it till the very end.