Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-27, 01:27   Link #161
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Ambition to be the best swordsman int he world can be seen as wanting to 'lead'.

Smoker doesn't question Aokiji's methods.

Their philosophies are very similar.

are you confusing Aokiji with Akainu?
Yes, I named the wrong admiral. Smoker is going to the New World to fight pirates. He is just a commodore, I think. He won't be promoted to a full Admiral in two years. Even though Akainu may be an obvious choice for fleet admiral for the WG, he would probably turn it down to wage war in the New World. He's somewhat the Darth Vader of the series, at this point.

Smoker could be Akainu's top subordinate in 2 years.
Old 2010-08-27, 01:43   Link #162
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Regarding Haki. I think every strawhat will probably gain haki, it seems crucial for the other crew members to have non trivial battles. However, the thing is Haki doesn't need to be as exlusive as its made out to be. Armor Haki has been seen used by very low level people, relative to the type of people who are in the New World. I mean since the term haki has come about, the only form that has been treated as something exclusive is the whole king's disposition Haki. Armour Haki, Mantra, and similar has been shown by relatively low level opponents, such as the average warrior in the Kuja village, and Enel's Priests on Sky Islands. I don't think it would be any sort of cheap trick for all of the straw hat's to be able to use some form of Haki relatively quickly after the time skip. However, I doubt any of the strawhat's other than possibly Zorro, to display signs of the King's disposition. I think only Luffy will have that ability.
Old 2010-08-27, 02:24   Link #163
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
This would suck greatly.
If all of the supernovas survived in the new world, the whole point of the "we have to train so we are ready for the NW" would be in vain. I expect at least half of them to be dead (or utterly defeated) or I would be really disappointed.
To be fair, half the Supernova crews we've seen would not have survived the crap Luffy and co have been through. Luffy's expecting to fight the best of the best, and as they've experienced first-hand, they're not up to that task yet. The other crews, sans Law (who seems to be holding out to fight Luffy), probably haven't had to deal with nearly as much nonsense and so dived right in. Drake is at least aware of what's coming given his background.
Old 2010-08-27, 02:51   Link #164
Distinction

And the question is if they survive did we underrestimate them and they were more powerfull than expected? For example was Drake stronger than Luffy before time-skip etc.

Else the balance would be off kinda fast and only after like some chapters where the supernovas were introduced.
Old 2010-08-27, 04:09   Link #165
Kallen4life

yes, I too expect half of the SPNovas to be slaughtered

also, considering that once SH's resurface it's likely they'll have the likes of Smoker and the goddamn AKAINU (he did swear to kill Dragon's son) pursuing them (well, Luffy, but it's the same) they'll NEED that training .. Akainu is probably the toughest bastard the Marines have

other SPNovas won't get that treatment .. they may have bounties, but they don't have :
1) Most Wanted Man's son as a captain
2) a captain who invaded Marineford (TWICE) and fought EVERYONE there, including the 3 admirals AT ONCE & the Fleet Admiral & The Hero of the Marines and many more
3) said captain also successfully invaded and broke out of ID, releasing hundreds .. survived Magellan, who could be admiral level
4) from his second invasion they know he has The Dark King Rayleigh as an ally
5) the crew declared war on the WG
6) they also have Robin and Franky who burned Pluton plans, but that probably pales in comparison nowadays

in fact, the training is more to survive the Marines rather then the NW I think

I mean their wake-up call were Kuma, Pacifista, Sentoumaru and Kizaru .. not the New World
Old 2010-08-27, 04:18   Link #166
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Hey, with a 2 year time skip there is plenty to speculate about...

-What will the strawhats look like in 2 years? Ussop feels like its uncertain how he'll look after his time; Franky's looking to get an overhaul; I might imagine Luffy to look a bit more mature after these two years...
-new bounties?
-Who will be chosen as the new fleet admiral? Aokiji has the recommendation, but i feel like the WG would prefer Akairu's absolute justice
-Who will replace the missing Admiral? Will one of the VC's step up? will it be someone completely new? or maybe that seat will be held and Smoker will rise to the call...
-Who will be the 3 new shichibukai? Right now there's a lot of speculation on Buggy, but that's still two more seats... will they be new, or maybe an old face will pop up.
-What is the deal with Bonney and the WG?
-What of Duval and Shakky who was last seen guarding the Sunny as Kuma showed up? What fate shall befall the sunny?

ah yes, much random speculation to be had
Since the Straw Hats will be hiding from the public for two years, it's doubtful that they will get new bounties.
Old 2010-08-27, 04:28   Link #167
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Yes, I named the wrong admiral. Smoker is going to the New World to fight pirates. He is just a commodore, I think. He won't be promoted to a full Admiral in two years. Even though Akainu may be an obvious choice for fleet admiral for the WG, he would probably turn it down to wage war in the New World. He's somewhat the Darth Vader of the series, at this point.

Oda wouldn't bother to mention Sengoku recommending Akainu for Fleet Admiral if he wasn't illuding (sp?) to Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral in the future, personally I hope Akainu becomes fleet admiral, the world will be a lot more harsh when it comes to pirates.

He would be clamping down on all pirates and might occassionally go kick some ass himself, Smoker is probably going to take Garp's vice admiral spot and one of the other Vice Admirals shown might become the new Admiral.

I just expect One Piece to become darker but also keep it's light hearted hilarity and fun.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-08-27, 04:32   Link #168
Kallen4life

Quote:
Oda wouldn't bother to mention Sengoku recommending Akainu for Fleet Admiral
except Sengoku knows Akainu is a Blood Knight of the highest degree and recommended Aokiji
Old 2010-08-27, 05:36   Link #169
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
except Sengoku knows Akainu is a Blood Knight of the highest degree and recommended Aokiji
Well thats embarassing guess I read it wrong

Would've liked it if Akainu got the position, hardcore marine and all-round jerkface/badass holding the position of Fleet Admiral could be the start of a literal war on piracy

Old 2010-08-27, 05:41   Link #170
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I think they should get new Wanted POSTERS. Poor Sanji and Chopper really deserve better ones .
Old 2010-08-27, 09:14   Link #171
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I don't think Smoker will follow Akainu.
Old 2010-08-27, 09:53   Link #172
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Oda wouldn't bother to mention Sengoku recommending Akainu for Fleet Admiral if he wasn't illuding (sp?) to Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral in the future, personally I hope Akainu becomes fleet admiral, the world will be a lot more harsh when it comes to pirates.

He would be clamping down on all pirates and might occassionally go kick some ass himself, Smoker is probably going to take Garp's vice admiral spot and one of the other Vice Admirals shown might become the new Admiral.

I just expect One Piece to become darker but also keep it's light hearted hilarity and fun.
*Alluding, and yes, this is where I see it go as well. Smoker's always been talking about justice, so Akainu becoming fleet admiral, thus having more of an absolute authority, would make room for some serious crimes on the Marines' side. So, there's Akainu and the loyal marines, Smoker and the marines who aren't comfortable with morally gray, Dragon and the revolutionaries, the remaining yonkou...and the supernova crews. OP can go on for a long long time without losing a hint of its interesting plot and characters, my only bone is the four week break...but the more I wait, the tastier the next chapter will be

P.S: I don't expect the strawhats to just haki-up, creativity and ingenuity are trademarks of certain characters, and I'd like haki to remain as something only a few people can master (unlike, say...bankai <_<).
Old 2010-08-27, 09:59   Link #173
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What I really hope for is Sanji returning as a woman, changed by Ivankov.
I don't know about that, but I wouldn't be surprised that he had to face one (or more) of his challenges as a woman.

Why do I have this disturbing thought of Sanji being like Ranma???
Old 2010-08-27, 10:59   Link #174
ZeroForever

well, honestly given Sanji's current motif he can't beat Ivankov, even if he becomes stronger then him as all ivan has to do is go fem and sanji auto loses.
So I'm expecting he'll over come it somehow, then again it could get worse somehow you never know what Oda's planning.
Old 2010-08-27, 11:19   Link #175
Rurik
Golden

Love the last panel of the chapter, nice way to close the first part of OP.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:57   Link #176
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I wonder, will the second half of the anime have a slightly changed title, like it's the case with Dragon Ball and Naruto? Something like "One Piece: Adventures of the New World", or whatever that is called in japanese. Are there any official words regarding that yet?

Anyway, I liked the chapter, although it's hard for me to accept the fact that the strawheads will be seperated for two years - twice the amount of time they know each other now. But then again, they've been through life and death situations...
I also think that many crew members will be able to use Haki to some extend. Usopp will probably be able to enhance his slingshot ammunition, Sanji`s legs will become harder than diamond and Zorro will sharpen his swords to the point where he can truly cut anything. None of them will reach Luffy in Haki control though, that's for sure, although I see it possible, that Zorro might be better in one specific of the three Haki variations.
Old 2010-08-27, 13:26   Link #177
Rurik
Golden

^- One Piece Z
Old 2010-08-27, 13:31   Link #178
FallenRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
I think they should get new Wanted POSTERS. Poor Sanji and Chopper really deserve better ones .
I'm not sure there will be a reasonable bounty for Luffy after what he did, but I could be wrong.

I think Sanji training against women, or being able to turn into one will let him fight against woman now? Just a thought.

End of Music - music for the elite
Old 2010-08-27, 14:05   Link #179
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenRain View Post
I'm not sure there will be a reasonable bounty for Luffy after what he did, but I could be wrong.

I think Sanji training against women, or being able to turn into one will let him fight against woman now? Just a thought.
WANTED Straw Hat Luffy: We'll give you a country

Sanji isn't training against women, he's training against....Okama *shudders* Sanji is going to have the highest mental resiliance though.

I'm guessing more people in New World will be able to use Haki but at least unlike in Dragonball Z where everyone can go super saiyan or in bleach how everyone can kill menos despite them being built up to be NUKE IT FROM ORBIT, it makes sense, as people go to new world they're going to be more dangerous and they're going to need to find a way to fight DF users.

What ever happened to that girl that Smoker knows (the one that can make prisons with her DF ability). Hopefully we'll see more of her.

But still Akainu in 2 years of fighting in the new world....*shudders* That's some scary shit

Old 2010-08-27, 14:41   Link #180
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Haha, yeah, a whole island for Luffy's head would be a decent reward .

I was wondering whether Perona's ghosts would work on Mihawk, that would be some funny stuff. Or maybe he's negative to begin with, like Usopp .
Closed Thread