AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-25, 15:40   Link #201
cazty02
Muffin Queen

[Note: I can't spell...and I'm to fricken lazy to go use a spell check ]

I think this is one to the cornish shows I have ever seen...and I absolutly love it! Ok I haven't really been involved with this forum, so this might be a little long

I have a few gripes:
*Ok I love Sailor Mars and her transformation, but there is something about her transformation that bugs me...her hair!!! Why doesn't it blow around when she spins???? It annoys the hell out of me every time I see it!
*Minako's voice is annoying.
*Luna and Artemis look stupid as puppets.
*I hated Chiba Mamoru's hair in the first few episodes...I think it's gotten better though.
*Unessisary over use of cartwheels.

I have more things I hate...but why bore you guys

Good things:
*I think the costumes are pretty good....except for the youma ( reminds me of power rangers --- it's probaly where there budget went hehehe )
*The characters are great!
*Storyline as well. Good chiffhangers!

I loved the end of #24, It was soo great!!!!!!
I can't wait for the next!

Looks like I had more bad than good...But I still love this show...so addiciting!!!!!
cazty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 15:48   Link #202
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazty02
[Note: I can't spell...and I'm to fricken lazy to go use a spell check ]

I think this is one to the cornish shows I have ever seen...and I absolutly love it! Ok I haven't really been involved with this forum, so this might be a little long

I have a few gripes:
*Ok I love Sailor Mars and her transformation, but there is something about her transformation that bugs me...her hair!!! Why doesn't it blow around when she spins???? It annoys the hell out of me every time I see it!
It's a live show based on a magical girl anime/managa. This would be like me saying how come Ed is a walking suit of armor.
Quote:
*Minako's voice is annoying.
*Luna and Artemis look stupid as puppets.
*I hated Chiba Mamoru's hair in the first few episodes...I think it's gotten better though.
*Unessisary over use of cartwheels.
Her voice is very nice. Not everyone speaks the same. They are not puppets they are plushies and they rule. The cartwheels were used at first now they can fight.

Quote:
Good things:
*I think the costumes are pretty good....except for the youma ( reminds me of power rangers --- it's probaly where there budget went hehehe )
*The characters are great!
*Storyline as well. Good chiffhangers!
It's not power rangers it reminds you of but I won't go into that. And yes the characters are excellent. I am glad they are doing more with Mako.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 15:59   Link #203
cazty02
Muffin Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
It's a live show based on a magical girl anime/managa. This would be like me saying how come Ed is a walking suit of armor.
Whoa wait...how is that the same thing? And isn't Al the walking suit of armor?

Quote:
Her voice is very nice. Not everyone speaks the same. They are not puppets they are plushies and they rule. The cartwheels were used at first now they can fight.
Well her voice just grates on me, and it's only my opinion.
Meh! puppet... plushies...same thing
I just think it's easier to run....lalalalala

Quote:
It's not power rangers it reminds you of but I won't go into that. And yes the characters are excellent. I am glad they are doing more with Mako.
Yes it is power rangers it reminds me of...I wouldn't have said it it I didn't think so.
Old 2004-03-25, 16:40   Link #204
cazty02
Muffin Queen

I recommend it! Even though it is cheesy...it's a great show!
A++++
Old 2004-03-25, 17:17   Link #205
DekaMaster
Banned

There is allready a thread and a very long one about this show here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1661
Old 2004-03-25, 19:08   Link #206
Phych

I dont mind any of the senshii's regular talking voices, but i'm not too fond of Minako's singing. I think Mars has her beat in that area . Hmm...I sense a new poll coming...
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 19:39   Link #207
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

Yeah... "Whose senshi is the best singer?", and Usagi would win hands down with her wonderful singing of C'est la vie.

I would love to see a special episode, where all the characters would be singing C'est la vie (including Beryl, Jedayte, Nephrite...). Wait, maybe it's not such a good idea, but it would be fun nevertheless.
Banisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 21:21   Link #208
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banisher

I would love to see a special episode, where all the characters would be singing C'est la vie (including Beryl, Jedayte, Nephrite...). Wait, maybe it's not such a good idea, but it would be fun nevertheless.

Um..... That would be rather creepy In fact, its giving me ideas of seeing Beryl singing. She'd probably sing like a man >_>; Now I wouldn't mind Zoicite playing the piano for that.

I do agree though that Rei sings better than Minako does. Maybe they should switch the singing process. And by the looks of it maybe Usagi finally remembers her past. I .really. want to see that happen. Though knowing my luck, it will probably happen at the end of the episode and leave us all with a horrible cliffhanger XD
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 23:36   Link #209
Kudou_Usagi

Send a message via AIM to Kudou_Usagi
Quote:
Yes it is power rangers it reminds me of...I wouldn't have said it it I didn't think so.
well I'm asuming they ment its not power rangers it reminds you of because power rangers is just a whole bunch of japanese shows choped up and spliced together with some footage that the americans made to make power rangers. so the fight scenes are actualy from the japanese sentai shows.
Kudou_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 02:00   Link #210
FlyByNite

I think I saw a "Best singer poll" on genvid's forums and Rei was really beating up on Minako.

Minako's actress has a more childish-sounding voice, which can be a bit grating and sometimes it's more 'sing-songy' like spoken word in a singing type manner (if that makes any sense)

Rei's actress definitely has the more mature singing voice, she sounds like a very good singer and doesn't over-emphasize every word she's singing.

BTW, I agree on the cart-wheels. Can't they find some out of work wire-fu dude from Hong Kong or something and bring him over to Japan?

Although the fighting had improved ALOT from the first 10-episodes, in the past two or 3 episodes they've gone back to more cartwheels/spinning. Although we still see some karate-kicks.

The main thing that's been annoying me in the past two episodes... Did anyone else notice the annoying helicopter sounds? I guess they were shooting on location in that building and helicopters were taking off and on a lot. Guess I just take hollywood shows for credit, where they can do more sound-editing.

As for as plushy Luna & Artemis. I think they blew the budget on Luna in the first two or three episodes. We saw a lot of CGI-Luna. Since then it's been like 95% plushy Luna.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 04:17   Link #211
Phych

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I think I saw a "Best singer poll" on genvid's forums and Rei was really beating up on Minako.

Minako's actress has a more childish-sounding voice, which can be a bit grating and sometimes it's more 'sing-songy' like spoken word in a singing type manner (if that makes any sense)

Rei's actress definitely has the more mature singing voice, she sounds like a very good singer and doesn't over-emphasize every word she's singing.

BTW, I agree on the cart-wheels. Can't they find some out of work wire-fu dude from Hong Kong or something and bring him over to Japan?

Although the fighting had improved ALOT from the first 10-episodes, in the past two or 3 episodes they've gone back to more cartwheels/spinning. Although we still see some karate-kicks.

The main thing that's been annoying me in the past two episodes... Did anyone else notice the annoying helicopter sounds? I guess they were shooting on location in that building and helicopters were taking off and on a lot. Guess I just take hollywood shows for credit, where they can do more sound-editing.

As for as plushy Luna & Artemis. I think they blew the budget on Luna in the first two or three episodes. We saw a lot of CGI-Luna. Since then it's been like 95% plushy Luna.
ROFL . I was kinda annoyed by the helicopter background also. I was expecting a helicopter to land outside the window with the new senshi or something . But Mars's powerup attack totally made up for the invisible helicopter.
Old 2004-03-26, 08:49   Link #212
sae
a person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phych
ROFL . I was kinda annoyed by the helicopter background also. I was expecting a helicopter to land outside the window with the new senshi or something . But Mars's powerup attack totally made up for the invisible helicopter.
i'm going to have to say that the helicopter noise must be some strange sound effect added to the background music because there's no way, with all the other sound editing and mixing they're doing, that it would make it into the final cut if it weren't so. especially not twice or more! okay it's low budget but it's not that low.
sae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 20:51   Link #213
MrKK

Spoiler for scan of newspaper cutting (Sailor Luna):

Last edited by xris; 2004-03-27 at 07:56. Reason: Added the spoiler tag
MrKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 21:04   Link #214
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Sailor Luna? The cat-eared sailor senshi.

The above picture and this picture do match:

Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 22:31   Link #215
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Spoiler:

Will we still get Chibi-Usa, or not?

Last edited by TangentZ; 2004-03-27 at 08:54.
TangentZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 23:53   Link #216
DekaMaster
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKK

Nice way to spoil things with out warning.
Old 2004-03-27, 00:59   Link #217
Phych

^ agrt
MrKK...nice of you to find and put up the pic...but it'd be nice to put the pic between spoiler tags----> [.spoiler]INSERT PICTURE[/.spoiler] (Take out the periods)
Plz edit your post when you can.

Anyway...I $#$#% love this $#@% series man! I keep going back to ep 23 and watchin Mars sing and do her powerup...or back to ep21 and watch Jupiter put the smackdown on Tuxedo Mask.."I should have hit him one more time." ROFL . But yeah..I love this series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-03-27, 07:24   Link #218
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Haven't read the other posts in this thread. Sorry if I bring up things that have already been discussed.

Here is what I think about the show.

I find it very weird how people say that they hate it and still the dl/ul on AnimeSuki is ALWAYS over 500, so there's something wrong. Sailor Moon has A LOT of fans!

About the series... At first, I hated it. Then it got a little bit weird, when they started to stray off the anime version (in story sense that is) and the whole love thing between Usagi and Mamoru is just stupid. That was better portrayed in the anime...

Also I think that the series is improving now. If you look at the last two episodes, they are really cool! The storyline is beginning to get more exciting and they always have surprises for us who watched the anime. Furthermore, the special effects are getting better too and the direction of the show, I think. Just watch Kunzite's attack in the latest episode! It looks very Final Fantasy-inspired (the games, not the movies/anime).

I also like the bad cliff-hangers. They're not really cliff-hangers that makes you "want the next episode NOW!!" like Naruto's cliff-hangers (which by the way is getting a little annoying now), but they're more like cliff-hangers that are REALLY obvious and not just because one has watched the anime. Everyone knows who the Moon Princess is and who she was married to and that means Sailor Moon will be married to Tuxedo Mask, which means Mamoru will fall in love with Usagi. Nooo?

Well... the storyline is pretty obvious and basically, the show is just a Power Rangers-rip off (just think about the Youma in SMLA and the bad guys in PR) and unless it does something cool soon (like turning Mamoru into the evil Master Endymion and turn him against everyone like he is supposed to do), they will probably lose a lot of fans. Because they're really hanging onto the "Oh no, Mamoru has a girlfriend/fiancée and Usagi is in love with him, no in Tuxedo Mask, no in Mamoru, Queen Beryl will resurrect Quen Metallia and oh no Kunzite is turning on Queen Beryl". That's like 30 episodes already! So they should make it a bit faster.

That's what I think.
Gravi-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:42   Link #219
moonlightRonin

I think Sailor Moon live is a great live show because it can always make me laugh. Luna doll is hilarious, it jus make me want to kick it for sum reason. lol well its so addicting so far and i like the music it goes with at the beginning.
moonlightRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 16:19   Link #220
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
Well... the storyline is pretty obvious and basically, the show is just a Power Rangers-rip off (just think about the Youma in SMLA and the bad guys in PR) and unless it does something cool soon (like turning Mamoru into the evil Master Endymion and turn him against everyone like he is supposed to do), they will probably lose a lot of fans. Because they're really hanging onto the "Oh no, Mamoru has a girlfriend/fiancée and Usagi is in love with him, no in Tuxedo Mask, no in Mamoru, Queen Beryl will resurrect Quen Metallia and oh no Kunzite is turning on Queen Beryl". That's like 30 episodes already! So they should make it a bit faster.

That's what I think.
Yeah in "Power Rangers" they often have 5 young girls who henshin and become magical girls. In "Power Ranger" they often have a love story between two of the main characters. In "Power Rangers" They have the girls doing alot of karaoke. I do not know where you get it's like power rangers. And the youma thing those kinds of monsters have been used in Japanese Tokusatsu shows for years. It has nothing to do with Power Rangers since Power Rangers is just footage from Japanese Super sentai shows spliced with bad acting and other garbage from american actors. And why do you think he or anyone is "Supposed to do" anything? This is not the anime nor is it the manga nor is it the Myu's. This is a new take on sailor moon. And both moon and non-moon fans are enjoying the new story twists. And no it is 25 episodes.

Tags
magical girl