Aisha 0 0%
Other 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-05-04, 10:56   Link #1
EdenB
Overlord

Da Capo II Plus Communication

Has anyone here played this?

I thought I might get it, as an insentive to try and bring my grammar and kanji up to a high enough level, since they're pretty low at the moment. It might be too hard though. It's pretty unlikely that someone will make a translation patch though, unfortunately, unless the people who were doing Da Capo Plus Communication suddenly decided to, since that was licenced.

For those who don't know, it's a visual novel, set in a high school, with various amounts of magic involved.

Half of my reason for wanting to try understand this, is just for Anzu and Aisha's routes.

Edit: Read Nakaka above, as Nanaka Shirakawa.
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 19:35   Link #2
plmko

Generally I've heard it is pretty good in terms of being funny at times and emotional when it needs to be. I've never got around finishing it even though I bought the PS2 version (D.C.II P.S.)

If your stuck on Japanese in general, I'd probably suggest you get Atlus english translation program. However you might become too lazy to learn more Japanese.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 20:09   Link #3
EdenB
Overlord

I've tried Atlus on visual novels or demos for them before. It kept coming up with stuff that made no sense whatsoever, or only seems to vaguely resemble what was being said. Confusing enough that I get a better idea from the random bits I do recognise, any voices and the setting.

At the moment, I'm somewhat halted on Japanese due to a lack of classes being availible and a lack of time, but I thought I might try more self-study over an upcoming break from classes and actually take a JLPT exam at some point, so I have more than just having basic Japanese listed as an easy elective class (that most people went in, knowing most of what was taught anyway).

I liked the anime and I liked the game version of the prequel, so it's likely that I'd enjoy it. Never finishing it doesn't really give it a glowing review though. The music and art seems great at least.
Old 2009-05-04, 20:20   Link #4
Justin Kim
*Artist

The anime adaptation just gave me a headache no offense. The only part I liked about the anime was Da Capo IF, and I really wished it was just 13 episodes all devoted to Kotori, but instead, they had to make it 2 episodes, and most of the D.C. series always referenced Sakura Trees or Nemu.
Old 2009-05-04, 20:29   Link #5
meh

Didn't play much of the sequel, since it seemed like a clone of the original Da Capo. But I did set out on playing through Nakaka and Otome routes. Not a fan of anyone else.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 03:43   Link #6
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

I got to play DCII Plus Communications myself. And my favorite character is left out of the poll - Erika Murasaki (the blonde tsundere; her "catchphrase" being "HMMPH!").
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 08:54   Link #7
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Normally, I'd rage a little over how Nanaka's name is spelled wrongly in the poll, but I won't do anything now.
I only know a little of DC2PC, except from what bluemist spoiled me on about Akane's special storyline.

And... no mention of the super secret ninja girl? *wink*
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 11:39   Link #8
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Normally, I'd rage a little over how Nanaka's name is spelled wrongly in the poll
I blame posting when half asleep. At least I noticed right after and edited my post to say Nanaka.

Super secret ninja girl? Whoever that is, there's unfortunately only ten options, so I had to miss out some of the extra ones. Mahiru and Erika look interesting, if nothing else.

Last edited by EdenB; 2009-05-05 at 14:45.
Old 2009-05-05, 11:42   Link #9
jagass

I haven't tried it before...lol
jagass is offline   Reply With Quote