AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 08:37   Link #221
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
@aohige
I think it's pretty clear that what I'm writing is just speculation and interpretation on my part. There are commonalities with certain posters and differences with others. But I'm not Koi nor a mind-reader nor someone who has any superior insight or knowledge. I'm just explaining my analysis. I did not think a disclaimer was necessary.
See, I didn't think disclamer was necessary to tell you "dude I was kiddin'" either.

But fair enough.
I think in a discussion of chapter, it's best to focus on the information given, and not be too strongly convinced from information that's gathered by guesses. You know what I mean?

The chapter was a conclusion to Madarame's situation. He can move on now.
Whether or not there will be developments for Saki later on is complete lack of evidence right now, except for the Spotted Flower (or what I like to call, official fanfic ) manga.
It's not something that should wrap around your head at this point.

Bring it up again when there's actual plotline suggesting it that way.
As for now, it's clear this was unloading baggage of Madarame.
(Too bad he was too much of a dork to do it himself. )
Old 2012-10-07, 20:38   Link #222
Gus3

@KaoruAoiShiho
Why do you keep calling him Koi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That would be out of character. Kousaka doesn't care about things, or put in any effort. Things just... go his way while he follows his whims. Like his proficiency with video games, or his programmer job. And no matter what happens, he always has that easy, unconcerned smiling face. Saki's just one more thing he kinda wants, but doesn't need to put any effort in.
The way you described him doesn't make him sound like an appealing character at all, to me anyway. I don't dislike the guy, he just comes off as being a Mary Sue... or is it Gary Stu? Anyway, I really want to see some good, solid development for his character and his relationship with Saki if at all possible.

Also, some of you are talking about character compatibility.How about this? List the current couples in the series, not your ideal couples, I mean the ones that have actually happened. List them and spell out everything that makes them compatible. It might prove that Kio actually does follow a pattern, or it might not. It'd be nice to have future reference though.

One more thing. I hear people talking about how much longer they think Nidaime is going to last. Personally I think, and hope, that it'll last just as long as the original, if not longer.
Gus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 23:34   Link #223
zigantz22

Quote:
They haven't broken up yet, but there is a reason why Koi is writing this large amount of conflicts into this relationship and not any others! To spell out the obvious, it's because he intends to produce drama between this couple and not the others.
Possibly, but it leading to a break up is another matter altogether, and a direction I don't see it taking, regardless of their minor relationship problems. Also, it's really not a large amount of conflicts. In comparison to other relationships, they certainly have more problems, but none of them have appeared as hugely significant.

Quote:
Where is your evidence? How is this relationship "great". All I see from early Genshiken is an incredible amount of whining from Saki and an equally incredible amount of not giving a shit from Kousaka.

That's what I'm saying, your interpretation is contrary to the story that's been given by Koi.
Really, this is just squabbling over opinionated reasoning. I've always enjoyed their relationship and found moments of sweetness between them, so it's "great". Many, many others have landed on this conclusion as well, and to dismiss that as a false interpretation of the story is ridiculous.

Since it's been the main relationship of the story until now, perhaps Kio simply desires to differentiate it from the others by portraying their relationship in a more realistic fashion, along with all the minor problems that come with it.

Quote:
Problem with this is that it doesn't really take much for Kousaka to throw the relationship a bone.

Maybe 1 or 2 panels is sufficient to show that Kousaka cares about Saki. Koi doesn't do this.

At this point you have to either admit that Koi is doing it purposefully, he's setting up the relationship as bad, incompatible. It's speculation to say that this is foreshadowing a breakup, but it should be indisputable that Koi wants us to see that they have a weak relationship.
I do partially agree with this. I wish there was more development given to Kousaka, and by extension, the Kousaka x Saki relationship, since his characterization has always been rather static. However, Kousaka has been shown to outwardly care for Saki before, and I definitely feel, although it's not shown, as it rarely is with other relationships, that he ultimately loves her. Unfortunately though, I don't really see their relationship being focused on all that much following the latest chapter; I just think it will continue to develop behind the scenes.

It's really not indisputable, since I don't see a weak relationship at all. I see a flawed one, with several bumps along the way, but I definitely don't interpret the very few moments that have dealt with their relationship as a sign that they're incompatible.

Quote:
If you compare Saki to Angela or any of the other girls, we see that Koi has been consistently hinting at something going on there. Saki's growing acceptance for Otaku is because of Mada, and in the Genshiken Mada is the one she becomes closest to. This is the meaning of what Koi has been writing this entire time.
This is definitely the point I disagree with most strongly. Madarame has helped her in her eventual acceptance of otaku slightly, but Kousaka has to a far greater extent, and in a much more significant manner. Not to mention Ohno, who's also influenced her growing acceptance a bit more thoroughly than Madarame has.

Quote:
If you look at Koi's writing, you'll see that he doesn't really do romantic buildup. Check out OhnoxTanaka, SakixKousaka, SasaxOugie. There has never been any overt romance from 2 parties before the concluding scenes. Koi doesn't write the typical shounenshit where 2 characters stare at each other's backs pining away for 10 chapters. Just doesn't happen. What he does do is, show the two characters interacting in a positive, friendly, and productive way. Then he cinches it in a confession (to the reader, not necessarily to the other party). This is what happened to Sasahara and Kousaka. Ohno and Tanaka happened entirely off-screen.

If you look at what's been happening, you'll see that that pattern is the same for SakixMada. The only other potentiality here is for HatoxMada, which would probably be unacceptable for Genshiken (though on some level I would welcome that lol).
Perhaps there's never really been what would be described as overt romance prior to the full establishment of a pairing, but there were always hints of attraction, and that doesn't apply to Madarame x Saki, save for Madarame's side of emotions. There have been no signs indicating that Saki has ever felt close to what would be required for proper foreshadowing.

Quote:
Lastly, you used a term that I don't think should be applied to Genshiken. "Fall for him." You're using an overly romanticized ideal of love in a series that has never been about that nor ever will be about that.

OhnoxTanaka and SasaxOugie are both about discovering compatibility and then thinking, hmm, maybe I should get a girlfriend?

Along the same lines, nobody would call Kousaka's "Do you want to kiss?" "fall for her." That would be risible.
My mistake, that was more of a loose description; I certainly wasn't intending it to be read as a wholly accurate term for what applies to the usual developments in Genshiken.

Yet, despite that, there had to be some form of a romantic connection beyond the basic, friendly compatibility for any of those relationships to occur. That's what I think is, and always will be, missing from Saki's side of the equation.

Quote:
Fact of the matter is, if Kousaka and Saki breaks up for whatever reason, she's going to need comfort and a new boyfriend.

Koi has consistently wrote friends who understand each other becoming lovers. That is his forte, that is what Genshiken has largely been about, and that is why SakixMada is likely if Saki breaks up with Kousaka.
Basically, this all hinges on Saki breaking up with Kousaka, and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point, because I don't see that happening at all.

And, even if it does somehow happen, Kio would then have to portray Saki liking madarame in a believable manner and I just don't see how that's possible at this point in time, slightly due, aside from all the reasoning I've already mentioned, to the absence of any chemistry between them, aside from that of being rather good friends, and, in this case, unlike a few of the other established relationships, I think that the "status quo" of just friends will remain.

Quote:
Because Madarame is a developed character unlike Kousaka. Putting it more harshly, he's not a sociopath and would actually treat Saki like someone he cares for.
I know Kousaka's comparatively under-developed, but that's being a bit too harsh. He clearly cares for her, and even loves her; he's just consistently blunt and oblivious to the fact that said bluntness hurts others from time to time.

Basically, what it all comes down to, is that I've never seen the potential for a Madarame x Saki "relationship" as anything more than blatant teasing. From Madarame's perspective, it could seem more significant as an eventual part to play in the story, but I really do think that this latest chapter has concluded that teasing for good, and Madarame's decision to finally move on will be a lasting one, and, essentially, I don't foresee a significant revisiting of this topic within the story.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 06:21   Link #224
KaoruAoiShiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus3 View Post
@KaoruAoiShiho
Why do you keep calling him Koi?
Cause I'm an idiot.

Quote:
Also, some of you are talking about character compatibility.How about this? List the current couples in the series, not your ideal couples, I mean the ones that have actually happened. List them and spell out everything that makes them compatible. It might prove that Kio actually does follow a pattern, or it might not. It'd be nice to have future reference though.
I tried to do this in an earlier post. I hope it makes sense. What did you think about it?
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 23:12   Link #225
Gus3

Anyone read the latest raw? Care to share a summary?
Gus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 23:55   Link #226
Johnny
Working the bags...

Seen this elsewhere...
Spoiler for ch 81:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 04:55   Link #227
kniteowl

lol Chapter 81 translation is out which marks the end of Madarame's Arc, Next stop Harem Arc for Madarame :P
Old 2013-01-22, 04:38   Link #228
kniteowl

Chapter 83 is out

Spoiler for Chp 83:
Old 2013-01-23, 06:27   Link #229
Vicious108

So apparently Nidaime is getting an anime adaptation:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nga-gets-anime

...Which is an incredibly dumb idea, since the original anime failed to cover like the entire last third of the manga, whose events Nidaime is a sequel for and are constantly referenced in it. How are they, for example, going to animate Madarame's confession to Saki in Nidaime without first animating the original "Confession" chapter, which is vital to Nidaime's "Confession Part II"? And hell, what about Sasahara and Ogiue's relationship, which didn't even get to happen in the original manga's anime adaptation? Will they just be together out of nowhere in the Nidaime anime? And Ogiue's issues will all have been solved off-screen too? Etc, etc, etc.

So yeah, I don't see how they can work this out into something satisfactory, but we'll see.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 21:52   Link #230
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Refresh my memory please, how did the second season of Genshiken ended again? Didn't Sasahara end up with Ogiue in the end?

Anyways, they remedy not introducing Ogiue by the end of first season by releasing OVAs prior to the 2nd season, so I guess we can expect that this time as well.
Old 2013-01-23, 22:37   Link #231
Vicious108

It ended with Sasahara getting a job as a manga editor. He and Ogiue were already a little closer by then but certainly not going out yet.

So they still had to animate their trip to Karuizawa (hot springs, etc.), Ogiue's backstory, Sasahara and Ogiue getting together and dating for the first time, Angela and Sue's return, Madarame's "Confession", etc. So yeah, OVAs to cover such events before animating Nidaime would be ideal, but after it's been so long since the original Genshiken anime series ended (second season was completed a little over 5 years ago), who knows if they'll bother and consider it worth the risk.
Old 2013-01-24, 03:17   Link #232
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
So apparently Nidaime is getting an anime adaptation:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nga-gets-anime

...Which is an incredibly dumb idea, since the original anime failed to cover like the entire last third of the manga, whose events Nidaime is a sequel for and are constantly referenced in it. How are they, for example, going to animate Madarame's confession to Saki in Nidaime without first animating the original "Confession" chapter, which is vital to Nidaime's "Confession Part II"?
They will just assume that the viewers have read the manga...
The same thing happened with Hayate no Gotoku.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 22:44   Link #233
alquimio_125

Spoiler for Genshiken 83:
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 02:18   Link #234
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah this series getting an anime now makes no bloody sense at all.

Ugh.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 22:01   Link #235
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimio_125 View Post
Spoiler for Genshiken 83:
Spoiler for 83:
Old 2013-01-29, 04:13   Link #236
kniteowl

Chapter 84 is out and it reveals that Nidame is getting a anime but everyone already knows that, what's truly interesting about the chapter is the harem route lol.

Spoiler for chapter 84:

Last edited by kniteowl; 2013-01-29 at 05:59.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 13:12   Link #237
Vicious108

Spoiler for Chapter 84:
Old 2013-01-29, 15:02   Link #238
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for chapter 84:
Old 2013-01-29, 15:37   Link #239
Vicious108

Quote: