2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-08, 16:54   Link #281
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
When will the BD be released?
December 25, I have already pre-ordered mine.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 23:34   Link #282
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
December 25, I have already pre-ordered mine.
Thanks for the info!
Old 2013-12-26, 12:41   Link #283
Aqua Knight

So anyone received the BD yet?
Old 2013-12-30, 15:26   Link #284
gordol
Banned

Spoiler for warning:
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 22:44   Link #285
gordol
Banned

So now with subs and HQ, what did you guys think of OVA2?
Old 2013-12-30, 23:53   Link #286
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

a lot better than the first ova. Action was well done.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 01:04   Link #287
omegasereon

Is it kinda confirmed that lelouch = julius?
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 01:34   Link #288
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Is it kinda confirmed that lelouch = julius?
Pretty sure Charles used his Geass on Lelouch once to turn him into Julius and then again to turn him into school body Lelouch for the beginning of R2.
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 02:26   Link #289
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I swear, this episode utterly nails genuine tension. And liked the fact Akito's Geass
Spoiler for ep. 2:
Old 2013-12-31, 03:42   Link #290
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

FINALLY!!! I just saw it.

I so called it when I said that Julius = Brainwashed/Geassed Lelouch. This episode basically confirmed it. Looks like the year Lelouch spent with Rolo was retconned into just a few months, with implanted year long memories. (Lol if you remember that Goku & Co. did a year's worth of training in a week. That's the first thing that came to mind when I think about Lelouch having fabricated year long memories)

The episode was great IMO. I love that brawl they had in that town. Honestly one of the best mecha fights I've seen in a long time.

Akito gets some backstory & his brother dissects his Alexander like nothing. Still, that wtf with Akito's mind syncing with the other three & going "die" mode was cool, but I found it kinda lame that they need to go berserk to fight on par when people like Suzaku & Kallen can compete with them at that level due solely to their own skill. (Suzaku also used his Geass to cheat on a few occasions though, but rarely used it overall. Akito has been spamming his every time he went into battle thus far)

I give credit to those Britannian guys for staying on par for them even when they went "die" mode...lol Shin is creepy as fuck & Akito isn't too far from him. What's up with those creepy rape faces they keep making in the episodes? (Akito upon hearing that Leila will accompany them & also in the end & Shin when talking to his adopted sister & when he learned that Akito is still alive) I also still want to know what Akito meant when he said he died once.

Still, this was truly enjoyable & I look forward to episode 3 that comes out in spring. I'm eager to see the Lancelot in CGI & in action. I also want to see what "Kingsley" has planned for Leila in the next part. We all know that isn't going to end well for her...Come on, who do we know can beat that guy when it comes to strategic warfare?

I give the episode a perfect 10 for entertainment value, plot progression, thrilling & excellently building & using the tension created throughout the episode splendidly where needed.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 11:27   Link #291
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Oh hey the action was awesome and there was a nice twist! Real shame that the first twenty five minutes was basically some other anime going "look at us we're being artsy!" combined with one painfully drawn failed prison break. I also find it amusing that once they land two of them start shooting everyone "why I never would have thought the random terrorists we captured were going to betray us!" Then there is the moment where Akito's brother for some reason never uses his knightmare frame to capture him or at least kill one of his cohorts (who was clearly capable of being trampled). To boot, if Britannia has giant cannons like that what the hell is making them stalemate on the front lines? I mean with a 500 kilometer reach like that they could easily decimate many towns until they reach Paris. The unneeded anti-Japanese racism still never got explained properly unfortunately.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 11:45   Link #292
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Oh hey the action was awesome and there was a nice twist! Real shame that the first twenty five minutes was basically some other anime going "look at us we're being artsy!" combined with one painfully drawn failed prison break. I also find it amusing that once they land two of them start shooting everyone "why I never would have thought the random terrorists we captured were going to betray us!" Then there is the moment where Akito's brother for some reason never uses his knightmare frame to capture him or at least kill one of his cohorts (who was clearly capable of being trampled). To boot, if Britannia has giant cannons like that what the hell is making them stalemate on the front lines? I mean with a 500 kilometer reach like that they could easily decimate many towns until they reach Paris. The unneeded anti-Japanese racism still never got explained properly unfortunately.
Considering the idea of the Japanese rebelling was addressed at least a couple of times before it happened and that Leila herself was already aware of said possibility by then, despite her initial naive hopes, it was more of a relative surprise than an absolute one. Then again, I didn't have any issues with the prison break either.

The relationship between Shin and Akito seems a bit more complicated than that. But hey, it's not like anime lacks many equivalent situations either.

Just for the record, even larger cannons with greater range did exist in real life and caused a lot more damage, but the truth is they didn't actually have the automatic war-winning or stalemate-breaking effect you're describing. Which makes that sort of complaint much less applicable to a fictional situation involving smaller railway guns.

You can always rewatch the first episode or read some of the translated materials if think the anti-Japanese racism needs to be further explained. In all honesty, I'd say just because something is "unneeded" doesn't mean some people will avoid having such prejudices, unless you want to argue that real life racism is always inherently justified.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 11:51   Link #293
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You can always rewatch the first episode or read some translated materials if think the anti-Japanese racism needs to be further explained. Just because something is "unneeded" doesn't mean some people will avoid having such prejudices, unless you want to argue that real life racism is always inherently justified.
Yeah, I never rewatch anime.

As for the racism bit it makes no logical sense. The Japanese are fighting against Britannia, the European Union is also fighting against them, why not help one another fight the enemy? Plus in the first season it was implied that the Middle Eastern faction (I forget their name) was doing extremely poorly so it isn't like the EU has many allies at that point. It is almost like they want to lose or something.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 13:15   Link #294
Blackmambauk

I would have to agree with Duel above, the problem with the racism is that it feels very forced, and just looking for sympathy for the Japanese again, this worked in R1 and R2 cause of how evil and racist Britannia is supposed to be, but here it's happening with the EU, who are suppose to be the last bastion of democracy and equality in Code Geass world.

But we are getting them shown being racist for no real other than they can be. It feels unneeded in that way, cheap and pointless. Now yes we all know how racist Europe can be in history, but so is Japan, we don't need to go on what they did in ww2. To the Chinese and other Asians etc.

The racism to me feels very hypocritical coming from the Japanese, when they are still somewhat xenophobic today, love the country, the people and culture (I have been there), but sometimes I really hate how they like to portray the west, and ignore their own flaws in their own culture and history. Course we do that as well, but with them, it feels really annoying to me for some reason.

IT feels like the director is trying to make the japs the 'Jews' of the Code Geass world, which is very offensive I feel, leads to unfortunate implications on the part of the writers and director. As it happened with the way Nina, Ohgi and some Britannians got wrote in r1 and r2 at times.

As for the second episode. The problem is that four episodes just isn't long enough to tell the story they are telling to tell. Plus the problem I have with jap characters being most of the main characters, with a Britannian among them (yes Leila was adopted and all that, but that happened when she was six), I thought this series was suppose to be about the EU and it's people, and yet not one character who was born in the eu is among the main characters.

I know this is an anime, but come on, this is just insulting I feel to not have a main character from the EU countries.

As for the characters, apart form Leila, Michaele (who got killed off), and Jean row a little bit. they just come off not being interesting, Akito feels too bland, boring and too much like Suzaku to feel interesting. His brother feels boring as well, he hasn't done anything to really grab my attention yet. His main fighter Ashley feels too much like Bradley, blood knight and that's it.

The other three main characters, The one with green eyes, we got some background on him, but it just made him unlikeable, whether that's intentional I don't know, but personally, I'm suppose to root for a guy who suffered some scars on his hand and back? then blows up a building full of some people who did not deserve it?

The other two we haven't learned much yet, but again they don't feel interesting. Hope the next two do something with them.

for the whole Julius thing, just feels unneeded if it is him, to me it feels sunrise has little faith in the product and feel the need to grab attention. Plus it just feels more unneeded angst for the poor guy. Come on wasn't R2 enough on that front, too much angst is a bad thing.

I don't think Akito is terrible, just feels like Sunrise have dropped the ball on it really. Shame as I was really looking forward to the series portraying the EU, but it just feels overall, a huge waste.

If you want a good portrayal of the eu in code Geass universe, look at One and only son by Juubi K, he does a fantastic job of doing the eu there. Much better than what has been done with Akito.

This is all just my opinion, if your enjoying, that good for you. But for me, it just feels they have missed an opportunity to tell a complex story and gone for the easy stuff.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 13:28   Link #295
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

just tell me if you want gif requrest
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 14:07   Link #296
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

do the Lancelot launch at the end
Old 2013-12-31, 14:17   Link #297
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:

Can I get this one?

I'd like two versions please. One for for my sig here & another, 500 x 200.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-12-31, 14:27   Link #298
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
do the Lancelot launch at the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Can I get this one?

I'd like two versions please. One for for my sig here & another, 500 x 200.

cannot do the sig. it just too big

500 x 200 version

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 14:50   Link #299
EmagEvil

Wow! Sunrise(or the Code Gears's staffs) never dissappoint about drawing hot chicks! XD

Unfortunately, No CC or neither Lancelot's actions...

The drones only purpose are to delay the Knightmares for a few seconds each... But it's the 1st time that we see unmanned robots in this universe!

... And the first time to see a space rocket! How is space conquest in the Code Geass's world?

And last, happy new year folks!
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 14:50   Link #300
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
cannot do the sig. it just too big
Don't sweat it.

Quote:
500 x 200 version

Thx a million.