Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2013-01-03, 02:13   Link #1
Justin Kim
*Artist

Talking Chopin Ballade No. 2 in F Major

Hello everyone!

I have been taking an extended break from the forums due to the academia of college and financial circumstances. However, I present you all with a recital that was held somewhere between November and December in which I played the Chopin Ballade No. 2 in F Major.

This was quite a difficult piece from the get-go because my professor suddenly leaped to this from a Beethoven Sonata. Trust me, I was absolutely horrified when she made the recommendation, but it turned out to be for the better. I developed a lot more technical skills afterwards and appreciated the amount of time musicians spend exhausting their mental and physical capacities into making music their "own."

I apologize for the mistakes in the beginning and towards the mid-section of the performance itself. As you can see, I was terribly nervous and experience shakes when I know a hard, difficult section is coming up. Overall though, I thoroughly was pleased at my performance. Please leave comments -constructive please- on Youtube or here, and sit back to enjoy the music!

Note: I really need to invest in recording equipment, my friend took this entire performance on an iPhone. T_T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lafHLkrx2r8
Old 2013-01-05, 15:22   Link #2
willx
Nyaaan~~

Nice! For an iPhone recording, the sound came through relatively clearly, and I must say I enjoyed your performance quite a bit!

Unfortunately I can say nothing of the technical aspects as I was never a trained pianist, but have taken an interest and have frequented the symphony orchestras in several cities.

So as for feedback, hmm.. I went and listened to your performance twice (and took a peek at the sheet music), and I found the transition from the first soft and slow section to the next a bit jarring. I might have noticed it less if I didn't read that you wrote you were nervous (), but I could feel you hitting the keys a bit harder .. I think I noticed a long slur as well, but don't hold me to that. I really enjoyed your finish though, it felt strong and you were radiating a degree of comfort and confidence .. I could not only see, but feel it! molto cresc.ed accel !
Old 2013-01-07, 22:53   Link #3
Justin Kim
*Artist

Haha, the slur was intentional since my professor told me to take time with the rapid passages. I was warned beforehand by many of my professors that the piece itself would entail some difficult, separated thirds and fourths followed in rapid sequences. Thus, I took the liberty of slowing down.

However, I did notice the change in pace began to unravel when I knew the presto section was coming up. Seemed like I got really jittery at that part. Thank you so much for the comment though! I will add your insight towards my next interpretation.