AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-12-03, 20:54   Link #61
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Latest diary entry says that the writing of Episode 4 is complete as of the day before yesterday. Yay! It turned out to have about 20% more text than Episode 3 did. He also apologised for worrying everyone with that fever.

25 days D:
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 21:08   Link #62
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
I think that if we make a countdown it'll seem twice as long. xD
But it's great news that Umineko 4 is now finished. =D
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 21:21   Link #63
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Latest diary entry says that the writing of Episode 4 is complete as of the day before yesterday. Yay! It turned out to have about 20% more text than Episode 3 did. He also apologised for worrying everyone with that fever.

25 days D:
Seriously good news. He normally posts when he's at 50% or when he's finished everything but the tea parties, so I thought he was much further behind.

20% more than ep3...Seriously, that is such a frighteningly huge number. How anyone could write that much in so little time with a fever is beyond me.

...almost there.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 22:12   Link #64
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
so when can we buy the game? kana kana?
I cant wait to play it !
Old 2008-12-03, 22:16   Link #65
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
20% more than ep3...Seriously, that is such a frighteningly huge number. How anyone could write that much in so little time with a fever is beyond me.
I just hope his fever didn't influence his writing... If it did we might get a mind fuck of an episode.
Old 2008-12-03, 22:40   Link #66
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I just hope his fever didn't influence his writing... If it did we might get a mind fuck of an episode.
You'd think that if his quality suffered and he was stuck with a tough deadline, he would write less than ep3.
And in that same post, he called this the 'climax' of the question arcs. Knowing ryuukishi, a mind fuck is pretty much guaranteed

This 'new direction' he's talking about sounds like Himatsubishi, but the size is completely the opposite.
Old 2008-12-04, 00:09   Link #67
SilhouetteMirage
Banned

Wonder when we'll see the cover art.O_O
SilhouetteMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 04:10   Link #68
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Would it be a bad thing?
Old 2008-12-04, 05:12   Link #69
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
beyond me.
Reminds me, I hope that it will not turned out to be more mind fucking than episode 2 #_#

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 06:08   Link #70
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
You'd think that if his quality suffered and he was stuck with a tough deadline, he would write less than ep3.
And in that same post, he called this the 'climax' of the question arcs. Knowing ryuukishi, a mind fuck is pretty much guaranteed

This 'new direction' he's talking about sounds like Himatsubishi, but the size is completely the opposite.
._. Himatsubushi was short...yeah it was.
But if Ryuushiki says that it's the climax and it's got 20% more text (which is amazing...considering his deadline)
And a 'new direction'...
It totally equals a mindfuck. Let's hope it isn't as odd as the 2nd one. Dx That one really messed me up.
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 09:50   Link #71
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

A new direction ?
An alliance ??

I do hope that it's not going like what I think. . . How much longer till the comicket ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 13:02   Link #72
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
But I guess Kyrie could be a suspect...but I don't think it would be right to put her as a suspect just because she's smart enough to probably make the closed rooms.
Considering both Kyrie and Rudolf coincidentally were the first to be the ones to notice or suggest nearly everything that led to secluding people or finding a body in EP 3 makes them extremely suspicious (eg notice the smell, suggest and break the window to the palor, goes to the boiler room first, found Rosa's body, etc). Also the first night alibi is somewhat weak as seen in the earlier episodes where the parents freely left for short breaks (bathroom, etc) although it would be hard to imagine for any of them to kill so many during these breaks. I'm still thinking poison is the weapon used in the first night which might be the cause for some randomness and allows for any person to set up a kill for 6 people relatively quickly without being present at the scene of the crime. While the use of a trap was denied on the first night that definition does not cover the use of poison and the clause only covered the cause of death meaning traps/poison/other denied methods might have been used to paralyzed victims or used in another fashion (eg a lure) prior to the actual event that led to a death --> I know this is a bit of a stretch But killing so many that quickly without significant sign of struggle (well, there was a trickle of blood in one of the earlier EPs) seems unlikely by the use of a stabbing utensil as suggested in EP 03 regardless if it was projected or not.

As for the length... Isn't Umineko a bit shorter in length compared to Higurashi? It feels that way at least. I definitely think all the KAI arcs are much longer (especially Matsuribayashi hen ^^;;; ) but Tatarigoroshi hen was pretty long as well. Maybe it just feels this way because the TIPS aren't as detailed as with Higurashi.

Another thing that I notice while I had the pleasure to read over some things, from EP 02:

Spoiler:

in regards to if anyone figures out the riddle she'll stop the ritual thus stopping the killings which we saw in EP 03 does not happen. Which leads to the following possibilities (or a combination of):
  1. Beato lied and her red text means nothing.
  2. Neither Eva or Rosa solved the riddle. Like Bern said, it was just coincidence that Eva found the gold. The riddle itself remained unsolved. Although, that does not explain why Rosa's figuring it out did not count either. Maybe because Eva was first? But I doubt that. Beatrice allows for multiple winners in her game.
  3. "Beatrice" did keep her promise. The murders in EP 03 were done by someone else for a different reason.

There's a couple other things I noticed after a reread, but I'll hold them off until I read EP 04.

Last edited by nagare; 2008-12-04 at 13:18.
nagare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 13:50   Link #73
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroyasha View Post
As for the length... Isn't Umineko a bit shorter in length compared to Higurashi?
As of now Umineko is longer then the Question arcs combined.
Old 2008-12-04, 16:06   Link #74
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
Quote:
in regards to if anyone figures out the riddle she'll stop the ritual thus stopping the killings which we saw in EP 03 does not happen. Which leads to the following possibilities (or a combination of):

Beato lied and her red text means nothing.
Neither Eva or Rosa solved the riddle. Like Bern said, it was just coincidence that Eva found the gold. The riddle itself remained unsolved. Although, that does not explain why Rosa's figuring it out did not count either. Maybe because Eva was first? But I doubt that. Beatrice allows for multiple winners in her game.
"Beatrice" did keep her promise. The murders in EP 03 were done by someone else for a different reason.

There's a couple other things I noticed after a reread, but I'll hold them off until I read EP 04.
I thought Eva-Beatrice was doing the murders of her own accord once she became Beatrice. It would be a pretty dirty trick for her red text to mean nothing though xD it's possible though.
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 16:13   Link #75
chronotrig

Quote:
As of now Umineko is longer then the Question arcs combined.
If ep4 is as large as ryuukishi says it is, then the first four Umineko games will end up at about 95% the size of Higurashi Kai, with Kakera and Tips included.

However, that's only true if you include the script for the long action scenes in umi, and higu1-4 still has slightly more text than umi1-3.
Old 2008-12-04, 16:49   Link #76
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleen View Post
It would be a pretty dirty trick for her red text to mean nothing though xD it's possible though.
I don't want to think this is the case just because it would be too lame. Beato might play dirty, but I doubt she's a cheater outright.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 17:13   Link #77
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleen View Post
I thought Eva-Beatrice was doing the murders of her own accord once she became Beatrice. It would be a pretty dirty trick for her red text to mean nothing though xD it's possible though.
Eva-Beatrice was, but Beato made no effort to stop the ritual. Instead Beato advise Eva-Beatrice the proper way to do the ritual (use the stakes, make a big impression on the first killing, etc). Even if you discount that, Beato was the one who killed Rosa and Maria in the magic realm for the last time.

Either way Beato continued the ritual and the game regardless of the fact Eva and Rosa had found the gold.

I'm leaning on (b) and (c).
(b) Finding the gold isn't enough to solve the riddle, and (c) Someone else is responsible for the deaths in EP 03.

For (c) at least, there's quite a few instances in EP 03 that suggests this.
For (b), I'm leaning on Bern's word... Also I believe that Rosa already knew where the gold was before Eva found it.

Although I'm not ruling out (a) yet... Just not enough evidence to support or disprove that thought yet.
Old 2008-12-04, 17:47   Link #78
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe

THE PORTRAIT THE PORTRAIT !!!!! Uu Uu ( Sprite of Maria crying )
Goose Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 22:24   Link #79
hchuang

I thought the whole witch succession ceremony is celebration specifically for solving the riddle? Unless of course every is part of Beato's elaborate show for Battler to believe in witches.

BTW how does poison theory reconcile with the "victims died instantly" red text?
hchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 23:55   Link #80
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchuang View Post
I thought the whole witch succession ceremony is celebration specifically for solving the riddle? Unless of course every is part of Beato's elaborate show for Battler to believe in witches.
Then it would contradict Beato's red text from EP 02.
If it didn't contradict the red text, then the riddle wasn't truly solved, or the murders in EP 03 are unrelated to "Beatrice."

Personally, I only see those 3 options with that contridiction.

Quote:
BTW how does poison theory reconcile with the "victims died instantly" red text?
There's a loop hole in 即死定義 as it only covers immobility after attack, not when the time of death occurs. It's improperly named, imo - maybe purposely so.