AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-30, 14:37   Link #20621
narukamikun

I'm going to put down my theory too~ It's not that original, but here goes.

Both Battler and Yasu survived. Battler just dropped out of the story in Episode 7's tea party. As for Yasu, we saw a number of examples of Kyrie's poor shooting. For all we know, Yasu just lay there waiting for the next spin of the roulette, and Battler was near the church anyway. She wrote the stories in the message bottles AFTER the disaster as an apology.

Yasu self-identifies as female. First off, Kanon is the only male servant we see besides Genji and Gohda, so it seems reasonable to assume that most if not all of the Fukuin children were girls. Moreover, all but one of her personalities are female and her fantasies are exactly the kind of thing a little girl would come up with (tea made from golden roses, elegant tea parties in the middle of the night, etc.) I think one line of dialogue is too little basis for speculation on the state of her body.

Battler is Amakusa (alternately, Battler hired Amakusa). He found out about Kasumi's plot and decided to go undercover to save his sister. He faked Ange's death, thereby removing Okonogi from the picture, and saved her life. Neither of them cares much about money anyway, so they live under an assumed name.

I'm also not certain that Ep. 8 will have choices after all. Ryuukishi said he was considering it, but he had even more on his plate than usual and less time to do it all in.
narukamikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 15:20   Link #20622
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Yeah, but can you point to a single instance of George actually doing something damning, rather than something suspicious? Just about everything he does could be easily handwaved as misinterpretation or the reader being more suspicious than is actually merited.

Mind you, I think George is suspicious as all get-out, but Ryukishi just as easily could pull a fast one on us, as Judoh said, by entirely exonerating him. And it would work. It'd be cheap (what was all that sinister buildup?), but I couldn't call it implausible.
Just to comment from the last page...

I was reading The Benson Murder Case by Van Dine. Yes, that Van Dine... no, not Will. 8)

If we compare the culprit to what George does in this game, I'd have to say that the culprit, during the entire (rather dry) novel did absolutely nothing suspicious. There was one thing that was a bit strange, but then he gave the detective team a perfectly valid explanation.

The only thing that pointed to his guilt was really the murder scene; basically how it was set up and what items were lying around. This was presented in chapter 1, even before you knew the list of potential suspects.

In fact, the only thing suspicious that the culprit did, prior to the start of the novel, which caused Lion--I mean Philo Vance to suspect him was that he had a "solid" alibi. In other words, constructing a solid alibi (that wasn't really solid) was suspicious. All the other suspects had poor alibis.

So, with George, it isn't necessary that we see him actually doing anything; especially not if he's the last culprit we are to find. We can't use 'induction' on him... instead, we must look for clues around him that point to him in a deductive manner, I think.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 15:49   Link #20623
CainSonozaki

Wait, Gohda is the Moon Princess? :O
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 16:09   Link #20624
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CainSonozaki View Post
Yep. Rose Petals on the food give it away.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 17:46   Link #20625
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by CainSonozaki View Post
Cooking meals by daylight, scared of Beato by moonlight...
Usual victim of the First Twilight!
He is Magical Gohda Chef!
Old 2010-12-30, 18:15   Link #20626
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Don't be too sure. I still want to believe he's being earnest about the red; i.e. no tricks like "Shannon is dead but Beatrice isn't lol!" Short of that, there are many ways the rest of what you said can be true and still be fair. I'm going to take Beatrice at her word on the red being intended to help rather than hinder (and red evasion goes directly against that premise).
Of course, there could still be something else. Personally, I think there's a chance there may be 2 people switching roles. In addition, I think there are many things up in the air like Battler's extreme resemblance to Kinzo (although, I think the Red has already confirmed him as Kinzo's grandson, right?), his fear to heights, in addition with the issue about his birth.

Either way, if things are just how EP7 portrayed them, then I guess we cannot say they didn't fit, since they do as long as long as you're willing accept some stretches - which we've done already several times.
Old 2010-12-30, 18:25   Link #20627
Mcjon01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think there are many things up in the air like Battler's extreme resemblance to Kinzo (although, I think the Red has already confirmed him as Kinzo's grandson, right?), his fear to heights, in addition with the issue about his birth.
Wait, since when has Battler had a fear of heights?
Mcjon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 18:27   Link #20628
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
Wait, since when has Battler had a fear of heights?
Since "Faaaaall Faaaaall"
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 18:28   Link #20629
CrimsonMoonMist

Wasn't it just vehicles in general?
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 18:30   Link #20630
Mcjon01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
Since "Faaaaall Faaaaall"
Oh, right, you mean that thing he does in shaky vehicles, and not places that are high?
Old 2010-12-30, 18:34   Link #20631
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
Oh, right, you mean that thing he does in shaky vehicles, and not places that are high?
That is correct
Old 2010-12-30, 18:48   Link #20632
Mcjon01

So it's a fear of heights that isn't triggered by heights, then. Seems almost like it isn't a fear of heights at all.
Old 2010-12-30, 18:53   Link #20633
Cao Ni Ma

Hey guy, im trying to make Battler less of a chicken. Fear of hight is more acceptable than fear of being in a motorized vehicle.
Old 2010-12-30, 19:05   Link #20634
Mcjon01

Sure is. I just have trouble accepting that a guy who at the very least is capable of recklessly jumping out of a third story window in hopes that he could use a drain pipe to not die has any kind of fear of heights.
Old 2010-12-30, 21:02   Link #20635
Used Can

Spoiler for 2ch spoilers - may or may not be true, but they are all over the place:

I sort of called on it.
Old 2010-12-30, 21:05   Link #20636
Acerbus Wings

Totally forgot I had an account on these forums until I got a b-day PM O_o...

Anyway, long time lurker on discussions. Spoiler pics that seems real are out so...

Spoiler for Skanon EP 8:
Acerbus Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 21:08   Link #20637
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerbus Wings View Post
Totally forgot I had an account on these forums until I got a b-day PM O_o...

Anyway, long time lurker on discussions. Spoiler pics that seems real are out so...

Spoiler for Skanon EP 8:
It might not be real. The icon on that screenshot is different from most of the others. (It's Ange, most of the other 'real' ones have Beato.)
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 21:09   Link #20638
Used Can

Spoiler for Possible loli Ange sprite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerbus Wings View Post
Spoiler for Skanon EP 8:
I've heard that was a fake screenshot for Tsubasa.
Old 2010-12-30, 21:10   Link #20639
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Spoiler for loli ange profile:
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 21:14   Link #20640
Majo
RONOVE'S #1 FAN

Loli Ange is confirmed pretty much.
Majo is offline   Reply With Quote