AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-03-03, 16:13   Link #801
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& a TV series would be lower quality, which i don't fancy seeing.
Old 2011-03-03, 17:34   Link #802
NoLongerSane

If I can recall, when this series was slated to be animated, was it not speculated a first to be a TV series before it was found out that it would be getting the movie treatment.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 17:57   Link #803
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& a TV series would be lower quality, which i don't fancy seeing.
Yeah... but more of these lovely ladies... it's a tough call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
If I can recall, when this series was slated to be animated, was it not speculated a first to be a TV series before it was found out that it would be getting the movie treatment.
I bet it was, most manga series don't turn into movie series.
Old 2011-03-03, 22:49   Link #804
potchip

What's the difference between this break blade 'movies' vs OVA? Length? I think it's just a lenthier OVA. There isn't enough material for a TV series anyway. If they attempted a tv release, Zess as one of the foursome that the story seems to revolve around, would be a character that showed up in 3 episdoes then fell off the planet.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 01:59   Link #805
Jub3i
Golden Shinobi Member

I love it. Countries at war, people dying left and right, But wait, let's completely ruin the moment and what seems to be a good story and try to squeeze in this blatant camera upskirt shot. Fanservice can be fun sometimes(Highschool of the Dead), but here it's insulting. It also shows you what they think of their audience. I'm sure this has been discussed to death in this thread but I'm not reading through the 40 pages. It's a shame, I'm starting to get too "mature" haha and I think I'm on the downward slope of my anime watching run.
Jub3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 11:30   Link #806
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
What's the difference between this break blade 'movies' vs OVA? Length? I think it's just a lenthier OVA. There isn't enough material for a TV series anyway. If they attempted a tv release, Zess as one of the foursome that the story seems to revolve around, would be a character that showed up in 3 episdoes then fell off the planet.
Movie = theater release; OVA = direct-to-video. That's the only difference, other than the budget (movie budgets are obviously higher).
Old 2011-03-04, 14:40   Link #807
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jub3i View Post
But wait, let's completely ruin the moment and what seems to be a good story and try to squeeze in this blatant camera upskirt shot. Fanservice can be fun sometimes(Highschool of the Dead), but here it's insulting.
Oh, come on... the fanservice in Break Blade is one of the best out there. I really cannot understand when people complain about "well-done" fanservice... this is not Freezing we're talking about... (though, last episode was a breath of fresh air)
It's not ruining the mood if it's only few seconds/minutes.
Besides, sorry to sound harsh, but you can't have anime without fanservice nowdays. That's just how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jub3i View Post
It also shows you what they think of their audience.
Hm, guess you've never been to places like moeren or 2chan.
That's the anime-fandom, the "audience" you speak of...
Old 2011-03-04, 22:48   Link #808
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Anyone know how the Golems are powered? they seem to run out of power but we never see them recharge it. It seems like it recharges by itself or something when it's not in use.
Old 2011-03-04, 23:00   Link #809
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Anyone know how the Golems are powered? they seem to run out of power but we never see them recharge it. It seems like it recharges by itself or something when it's not in use.
i thought the quartz are both the power source and the controller for those golems?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 23:04   Link #810
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
i thought the quartz are both the power source and the controller for those golems?
well Rygatto doesn't have the quartz power so how does his golem get recharged? I also don't Rygatto's golem uses quartz
Old 2011-03-05, 04:22   Link #811
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
well Rygatto doesn't have the quartz power so how does his golem get recharged? I also don't Rygatto's golem uses quartz
Delphine golem seems to be powered by an engine, unlike conventional golems which utilize quartz. Delpine even has your usual cockpit—with buttons and switches and all—whereas other golems likely have those quartz orbs as controls. The reason why it only lasts for a few minutes is because it's one of a kind in their era. Whatever it runs on, the people no longer have it, nor the means to acquire it. Heck, they still don't fully comprehend it. Heavy knights typically drive their golems with their innate 'magical' abilities, which means they don't run out of juice as long as they're still able.

Unfortunately, Rygart doesn't have the means to refuel, so he has to rely on resting periods in order to get his golem running again. I'm not sure how his golem gets recharged, but so far he seems to be running the thing on minutes worth of back-up power alone.

Book 4... Nice seeing Girghe in action. The guy seems to be a lone wolf sort of character with a death wish, or maybe he's just a guy in which fighting is his drug of choice.

Giving the manga the movie treatment has been proving to be a wise decision.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 04:32   Link #812
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
If they attempted a tv release, Zess as one of the foursome that the story seems to revolve around, would be a character that showed up in 3 episdoes then fell off the planet.
They could have also waited for the manga to have gone further so there was enough material to do a tv series.

As it is, there's no way the movie series is going to end where the manga eventually ends, which is going to leave fans wanting more. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Anyways, I dislike Rygart immensely, or rather dislike his character type. But, I enjoy the show and story even with such a piss poor protagonist. Obviously he's portrayed the way he is to be the nucleus from which he grows into a character we can respect more, but it's still painful to watch (and listen to) him in his early stages.

Really looking forward to the next episode's fights being animated. They're really the best thing about watching this verse reading the manga, and more Girge is much wanted.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 06:01   Link #813
akei1
nani?

Maybe the technology behind the power source inside the Delphine could be used to solve Athens' energy crisis and end the war.

But then the Athens would have to cook or use the lights for a few minutes at a time before recharging
akei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 08:26   Link #814
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Nope,they don't have the technology to duplicate the Reactor of Delphine.Furthermore,they need Qualtz not energy.

It seems the limit of Delphine is caused by the cooling system not the Reactor
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 10:15   Link #815
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
Nope,they don't have the technology to duplicate the Reactor of Delphine.Furthermore,they need Qualtz not energy.

It seems the limit of Delphine is caused by the cooling system not the Reactor
In Battletech terms if the Heat Sinks go the Mech goes nuclear boom.

Sigyn is disturbed by the implication only Rygart, a non-sorcerer, can use Delphine. Does it mean the ancient technology no longer recognize them as humans?

Civilization it seems went to a dark age period then a new Renaissance came with the coming of magicians.

It is also interesting Delphine is the only lost tech so far they found. Why do I have a feeling their planet is not Earth but a colony.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 11:09   Link #816
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akei1 View Post
Maybe the technology behind the power source inside the Delphine could be used to solve Athens' energy crisis and end the war.

But then the Athens would have to cook or use the lights for a few minutes at a time before recharging
I doubt they have the means to even replicate or reverse engineer it.

As Sigyn said, they can only fix the outside, to actually go inside the unit would destroy it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 22:12   Link #817
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I wounder why an old golem is far more powerful then the newer ones
Old 2011-03-05, 22:26   Link #818
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
I wounder why an old golem is far more powerful then the newer ones
Well its not a golem as the way the people understand it.
Golem is what the people of this era calls their giant mecha. The Delphine is a mecha buried in a mountain for thousands of years build by people who used modern technology instead of quratz powered belt/pressure driven Golem. The Delphine is lost technology that uses some sort of fusion reactor as seen when Rygart starts up the machine , It needs no recharge/refuel but the cooling system is damaged or out of service thus why it needs to shut down once in awhile.

The world in Break blade probably suffered a nuclear war or something and all the technology was lost. The Delphine is a relic left behind of that age.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 01:11   Link #819
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm wondering if there could be possibly another ancient golem buried somewhere.

I can't help but imagine that maybe after Borcuse (or any last boss for that matter) gets defeated, the next challenge for our protagonist will be coming from the opposing side that has finally found an ancient golem of their own.

Then again, it takes an unsorcerer to pilot one, so maybe Rygart and co. won't have to face such a possibility.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 02:42   Link #820
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I'm wondering if there could be possibly another ancient golem buried somewhere.

I can't help but imagine that maybe after Borcuse (or any last boss for that matter) gets defeated, the next challenge for our protagonist will be coming from the opposing side that has finally found an ancient golem of their own.

Then again, it takes an unsorcerer to pilot one, so maybe Rygart and co. won't have to face such a possibility.
Might be possible that there are other ancient mechs hidden away. Of course needing those unsorcerers would make them oddities and they might either be dismantled or just left alone since they are apparently 'broken'.

Not sure we can expect to see another one as an enemy since not only would the enemy need to find one, but they'd have to realize an unsorcerer is needed. Zess knows Rygart is piloting which should make him confused, but it still seems to be a bit of an unlikely scenario.

Tags
action, adventure, mecha, science fiction, shounen