AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-16, 02:19   Link #281
Chirst

I got a shocking news today. The publishing company in my country (Thailand) announced that it got the license to publish high school DXD (novel)

Here is the proof
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 2012-09-16, 09:50   Link #282
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
I got a shocking news today. The publishing company in my country (Thailand) announced that it got the license to publish high school DXD (novel)

Here is the proof
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
I'd rather surprised that Thailand even surpasses english speaking countries when it comes to LN. Gah, what you've been doing all this time, Tokyopop!?
Old 2012-09-16, 18:35   Link #283
NeutralZero

Didn't Tokyo pop close already?
Old 2012-09-16, 21:46   Link #284
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Didn't Tokyo pop close already?
Yes it did. In 2011.
However, I do remember reading they will try to start up again.
But that announcement was a long time ago.
Old 2012-09-16, 23:04   Link #285
NeutralZero

So we shouldn't get our hope up for the time being...
If only Little, Brown and Company, the one that did Haruhi could do the job.
But considering what happen to Haruhi in BT then once it get an official Eng trans then they might also remove DXD as well...
Old 2012-09-17, 01:45   Link #286
Chirst

There is more announcement from my local publishing company that it also got the license of Highschool DXD (manga version) both main and spin-off too.
Here is the proof
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 2012-09-17, 01:49   Link #287
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
I'd rather surprised that Thailand even surpasses english speaking countries when it comes to LN. Gah, what you've been doing all this time, Tokyopop!?
Wait what, there's still light novels being translated to english officially( like currently)? The only one I know of is Spice and Wolf
Old 2012-09-17, 02:35   Link #288
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
So we shouldn't get our hope up for the time being...
If only Little, Brown and Company, the one that did Haruhi could do the job.
But considering what happen to Haruhi in BT then once it get an official Eng trans then they might also remove DXD as well...
And thats something I dont want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Wait what, there's still light novels being translated to english officially( like currently)? The only one I know of is Spice and Wolf
Yes there is. I think Bungaku Shoujo (Book Girl) is another.
Old 2012-09-17, 15:19   Link #289
endarion88

i have to find that cover textles....is my new obiettive for this month!
Old 2012-09-17, 15:37   Link #290
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ I'm okay with an official english translator doing DxD, even if it means it gets taken off of BT .. that is, as long as they finish the series. It'd be awful to have them do most of it then stop. Or, I'd be even more encouraged if some publisher requested to use the BT translations (and got comfortable with the legality)
Old 2012-09-23, 17:33   Link #291
amtro
Distro

The BT translations can not be used, their tone and overall interpretation leaves much to be desired from a professional publisher.
I'm not complaining about them since beggars can't be choosers, but if they were to be put on the market for English readers I'd expect more as a prospective buyer.
Also you have to keep in mind that Japanese Novels and visual mediums are extremely niche in the western markets.
If an English publisher did pick it up expect it to be dropped, picked up by another publisher, stalled and then put on an indefinite hold.
Old 2012-09-23, 21:15   Link #292
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
The BT translations can not be used, their tone and overall interpretation leaves much to be desired from a professional publisher.
I'm not complaining about them since beggars can't be choosers, but if they were to be put on the market for English readers I'd expect more as a prospective buyer.
Also you have to keep in mind that Japanese Novels and visual mediums are extremely niche in the western markets.
If an English publisher did pick it up expect it to be dropped, picked up by another publisher, stalled and then put on an indefinite hold.
Not to mention that their published LN's are very pricey.
Old 2012-09-24, 22:43   Link #293
amtro
Distro

I've just discovered that fujimi shobo's digital reader service BOOK☆WALKER has made most of it's recent publications available through their online store.
Bookwalker carries RisingXRydeen, Highschool DxD, Boku-H and many others.
You can buy them for the same price a Japanese buyer would have to pay for at the store without having to go through a third party vendor, or pay for extra taxes and shipping, all you need is an Android phone, tablet, or iPhone.
You cannot extract the LN in a readable format from your device however.
Sadly the application is region restricted and will not be available for non-Japanese users.
But there is a way around it.

I'm not going to post the instructions here, nor am I going to help just anyone who contacts me.
If you are a translator and wish to know how to buy and download fujimi shobo novels to your smartphone device to improve translation speed and efficiency and cut down on costs as well as delivery time, then contact me.

Last edited by amtro; 2012-09-25 at 10:12.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:48   Link #294
bludvein

Ok, that update was great. Ise got the humiliation treatment straight out of a comedy manga.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:49   Link #295
Ryner
King of All Devils

F*ck yeah, we got the name of volume 15. Just look at it, it looks awesome.
Old 2012-11-01, 17:20   Link #296
Neah
The Musician

Mahou Shoujo Ria ? Can't wait to see Rias in mahou shoujo costume then And I think other girls will dress like that too ( * hopes for some nice, colored pics from Miyama Zero -san ). Ise is going to have another massive nosebleed
Old 2012-11-01, 17:24   Link #297
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^he's not the only one
Old 2012-11-01, 18:11   Link #298
Ryner
King of All Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
^he's not the only one
Maaaaaaaan, I'd like to see Serafall Leviathan-sama on the cover of volume 15, not Rias. Although I would be happy with Rias too. Miyama-Zero-sama won't disappoint us with his imagination. Damn, I wanna see your illustrations for volume 14 and volume 15.
Old 2012-11-01, 18:20   Link #299
n0m@n
C-Z

Let's see how many times the character appeared on a cover.
Rias appeard 5 times(Twice by herself and three times with other characters)
Asia appeared 3 times.(Once by herself and twice with other characters)
Akeno appeared 2 times.
Koneko, Irina, Xenovia, Ophis, Rossweisse appeared once.
Ravel appeared 0.

Since Ravel would be the main girl of the next volume, then I want her to be the cover girl for volume 14. Koneko also deserves to be in a cover one more time. Rias and Asia appeared a lot so we dont need them on a cover for a while, and also both of them had two volumes with them as the main girl of a certain volume.

Actually, the title of Volume 15 was already revealed months ago. I added them because I might do some of the short story including Mahou shoujo Ria after finishing volume 13. Mahou shoujo Ria which came out in Dragon Magazine didnt have a picture. Well, they reused one of the illustration of Sona which isnt related to the story. But just like the colour illustration of female Kiba in volume 13, they might make a new colour illustration for it.
Old 2012-11-01, 19:19   Link #300
Insane
Banned

Kinda surprised that no LN is dared enough to put a dude in the cover (Then, what about Mahouka and SAO?)
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen