AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-07-29, 01:24   Link #3201
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I think you guys have been taking this event wrong.

Very few event rewards are to be exclusive. So just think the event as your kanmusu show case, a sport event. For all those grinding, and crafting and LSC. The event is the chance for your kanmusu to show what they made of.

If you can't afford the resources to participate in it, then just try your best. Throw out the spare resources, and time. It's fun (and rewarded) in itself to see how far your combined feet can carry along. And more so to see the weakness of your fleet that need improved upon

If it get too frustrating, then just stop, there is no punishment for it. And no kanmusu that you have to die to get (you will get them all eventually)
Hmm that's kinda right.
No matter how i look it,everything hints that given the high entry ceiling for the tougher parts of event,i dont seem ready.
Don't have enough strong Kanmusus,resources,equipment and experience.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 02:10   Link #3202
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Personally I'd likely need at least three more Sanshikidan before I'd be really comfortable, but it's way too close now to the even to spam ammo recipes.
Have you gotten your fleet to their 50s? If so, then you can shift priority to stockpiling after breezing through E1-E3. Use at least a week to recuperate and then blow it out on E4 and E5 on the last week. I feel that not procrastinating and taking it gradually is the way to do it if level isn't on your side...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 02:35   Link #3203
cloud04
Scanlator

how much does event usually cost?
only have this much atm
and only have this ones 50+
Old 2014-07-29, 02:38   Link #3204
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

You'll probably make it past the first 2~3 maps of the event and maybe the 4th, but I'm not sure how far you can get with so few BB and CVs and zero CA/CL/CVLs.
That and your resource pile most likely won't be enough to clear the whole thing.

Just for reference, Spring E1~4 cost me only about 15k fuel/ammo/steel and less than 5k bauxite, while E5 alone cost me 30k~35k f/a/s and 10k bauxite.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 03:28   Link #3205
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

This is how I am doing now.

I stopped using the 2/6/1/11 because of all the Saiun, now on 12/6/1/10. Again, desire sensor at work with no Reppu.
My CVLs are alarmingly low in level. Currently working on RJ. I won't depend on CA much. Sparkling exp 11 and 6 to keep up bauxite intake.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-07-29, 04:13   Link #3206
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
This is how I am doing now.

Spoiler for space:

I stopped using the 2/6/1/11 because of all the Saiun, now on 12/6/1/10. Again, desire sensor at work with no Reppu.
My CVLs are alarmingly low in level. Currently working on RJ. I won't depend on CA much. Sparkling exp 11 and 6 to keep up bauxite intake.
Man you had more than twice my Ryuusei (29 to 12). But only half my Reppu (5 to 8)

As a results still have Tenzan in service here. 17 of them.

But I have more Ryuusei Kai (9 to 7)
Old 2014-07-29, 04:27   Link #3207
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

I have waaaay too many Ryuusei and 12A. Not that I'm complaining. The 12As can go to the support fleet.
Old 2014-07-29, 04:29   Link #3208
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Man you had more than twice my Ryuusei (29 to 12). But only half my Reppu (5 to 8)

As a results still have Tenzan in service here. 17 of them.

But I have more Ryuusei Kai (9 to 7)
I scrapped a bunch of Tenzan, Zeroes and whatnot, but that's besides the point.

I am wondering if the whole tonnage and gun caliber thing is only a slight effect. I normally sortie the fast BBs with 46cm like anyone else, and I haven't felt anything different with their performance (missing occasionally.) I now have Bismarck using the new triple 35cm to see if there's any difference (I don't have that second one since I haven't done the marriage thing...)

Old 2014-07-29, 04:37   Link #3209
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I am wondering if the whole tonnage and gun caliber thing is only a slight effect. I normally sortie the fast BBs with 46cm like anyone else, and I haven't felt anything different with their performance (missing occasionally.) I now have Bismarck using the new triple 35cm to see if there's any difference (I don't have that second one since I haven't done the marriage thing...)
I haven't noticed much differences so far.
I've done my pvp matches and ran a few 5-4 runs for dailies using the following combinations:

Yamato/Nagato/Mutsu with dual 46cm + AP shell
Ise with triple 46cm
Kongou with dual 46cm + AP shell

They all hit their targets just like they did before this update.
Then again it might have to do with them being high levels (All 95+/99 except Ise who is Lv.89)
Old 2014-07-29, 04:38   Link #3210
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I have waaaay too many Ryuusei and 12A. Not that I'm complaining. The 12As can go to the support fleet.
I have ... two Comet 12As

Oh well not like we need a lot of them, right?

Right?

PS: more concern at the lack of 46cm guns. Only have 9 at this moment
Old 2014-07-29, 04:39   Link #3211
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:

Right?

PS: more concern at the lack of 46cm guns. Only have 9 at moment
Well you need 6~8 for the 2CV(L)s of one support fleet, double that if you use two.
You'll probably want 1~3 for the main force depending on whether you're gonna be using M62s... So yeah.

I don't think you'll be needing too many of the 46cm for this event. Even though I have 18.
41cm should do just fine with artillery spotting.
Old 2014-07-29, 04:40   Link #3212
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Right?

PS: more concern at the lack of 46cm guns. Only have 9 at moment
Those make for awesome shelling support gears(I plan to have RJ do that so I can free ChitoChiyo for other things)

Old 2014-07-29, 08:17   Link #3213
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Well you need 6~8 for the 2CV(L)s of one support fleet, double that if you use two.
You'll probably want 1~3 for the main force depending on whether you're gonna be using M62s... So yeah.

I don't think you'll be needing too many of the 46cm for this event. Even though I have 18.
41cm should do just fine with artillery spotting.
I thought shelling support only used torpedo bombers?

So.. I got the support fleet wrong this whole time?
Old 2014-07-29, 08:47   Link #3214
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I thought shelling support only used torpedo bombers?

So.. I got the support fleet wrong this whole time?
Yep. Shelling support only uses dive bombers (red).
Old 2014-07-29, 09:38   Link #3215
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Marriage with Haruna MMD version.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24111789

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 14:19   Link #3216
TaintedDream
Translator

Quote:
I scrapped a bunch of Tenzan, Zeroes and whatnot, but that's besides the point.

Pretty sure that the devs said the effects will be minimal (unless maybe you try to use 4x 46cm on a Fast BB or something).
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 15:12   Link #3217
Cyprene

Time to step up those bauxite runs, gentlemen.
The event begins next Friday.

今夏実施の「艦これ」夏イベント:期間限定海域は【AL作戦 / MI作戦】です。本作戦は、【8/8(金曜日)】の作戦開始を予定しています。※作戦開始日は、止むを得ず変更される場合もあります。予めご 了承頂けますと幸いです。
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 15:41   Link #3218
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedDream View Post
Pretty sure that the devs said the effects will be minimal (unless maybe you try to use 4x 46cm on a Fast BB or something).
The only thing I'm concerned about is whether this will affect shelling support or not, since stacking 4x or 3x 46cm + 1 radar on the BBs is one of the most effective set up

The support accuracy already kinda blows to begin with even with the best radars, so getting penalized for that gets kinda annoying.
Old 2014-07-29, 16:21   Link #3219
TaintedDream
Translator

Quote:
The only thing I'm concerned about is whether this will affect shelling support or not, since stacking 4x or 3x 46cm + 1 radar on the BBs is one of the most effective set up

The support accuracy already kinda blows to begin with even with the best radars, so getting penalized for that gets kinda annoying.
I had actually not even considered whether or not it would affect shelling. I can see the worry there, with the already low base accuracy.

Though I'm kinda interested in seeing how effective the boost in accuracy is if you stick to fewer / lighter main cannons. It might become viable to switch to 2x 46cm + 2 radar if the accuracy bonus is good enough. A high chance shelling support, but with iffy damage capability without a crit.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 19:30   Link #3220
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Shelling support has never been superb when it comes to performance. We're lucky if it takes out 2 CLs. I would not hesitate to swap the 46cm out for lighter caliber guns if it means that I can land those shots better.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls