AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 12:32   Link #81
marvelB

BTW, I wonder if this means that we'll be seeing more uber-titans from this point on? I mean, we already had the "gigantic" and "armored" titans before the female one appeared, and since I'm sure whatever group of people it is who's controlling those monsters are aware by now (or if not now, they will be soon) that the scouting legion started catching on to them, they may decide to send more intelligent/powerful titans after them in order to keep them quiet......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 13:35   Link #82
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The question is not if but how it will be handled. I fear it may unnecessarily drag on for 10s of chapters with little other then character banter.
Old 2011-12-09, 06:35   Link #83
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 28:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:52   Link #84
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

@chapter 28... The harem sustains! Go Eren!
Old 2011-12-11, 20:36   Link #85
Xion Valkyrie

Wow. So it's pretty much obvious that everything is an insider job now.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 21:14   Link #86
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

So those titans didn't eat her?
Old 2011-12-12, 02:51   Link #87
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
So those titans didn't eat her?
I believe they did.

Did you remember what the crew that was with Eren talking about the titan giant? They believe it disappear and used the tactical gear to hid away. So it applies here with the female giant. She transform back to a human being and escaped.
Old 2011-12-12, 09:04   Link #88
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Wow this one's really good.
I'm quite curious to see what we'll get on the backgrounds of the story and Erens father in particular.
but damn, i marathoned through the 28 chapters in less than a day and now i'm left with one hell of a cliffhanger...
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 09:56   Link #89
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Petra ;___;

This manga keeps killing off the characters that I like but for some reason I can't stop reading it :s
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 10:29   Link #90
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

^bitch please, the main character supposedly died in like 3 chapters...
Old 2011-12-12, 12:46   Link #91
marvelB

Damn..... this was the most intense chapter yet. That femme-titan is one cunning biatch, she is. That being said, can Eren really beat her? I mean, she slew most of the elites of the scouting legion solo already, and as was already pointed out, he himself is more of a rookie (in both combat AND controlling his titan powers). Either way, I'm greatly looking forward to the next chapter.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 13:45   Link #92
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

With regard to the previous confussion in the thread, the english translation seems to have change to where Ulty now assumes full responsibility.
Old 2011-12-12, 13:53   Link #93
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

It's funny though how like 8 out of the top 10 soldiers already died ... D:
well here's something about ymir http://i44.tinypic.com/2extzqv.png
and it's sure as hell funny to see how religion still sux ass even in the paralel mangaverse D:
Old 2011-12-13, 21:13   Link #94
Key Board
Carbon

You know, something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_cosmology would have been better than that image.

It's not a good idea to bring in anti-creationist agenda into a thread if it's off topic. Don't slip in personal feelings that aren't necessary.

Regardless, I do think that the religious faction in SnK is involved somehow, but probably not directly.

My theory is there are factions within the city that wants everyone else to be walled up. Perhaps so it's easier to control them.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 21:22   Link #95
Xacual

At the moment I'm inclined to think it has something to do with the Inner City Police force and the Cult. Honestly it could be a conspiracy that goes all the way to the higher ups like the King. The main reason I'm wondering is why. They already have all the people completely under their thumbs other than some eccentrics like Eren and Armin who want to leave and explore the world. What would you get out of wiping out your own population. I can understand doing it the first time because it would put the fear of the titans back into the populace and allow the cult to gain greater sway but twice in 5 years seems a little too much.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-12-13 at 22:32.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 10:13   Link #96
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You know, something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_cosmology would have been better than that image.

It's not a good idea to bring in anti-creationist agenda into a thread if it's off topic. Don't slip in personal feelings that aren't necessary.

Regardless, I do think that the religious faction in SnK is involved somehow, but probably not directly.

My theory is there are factions within the city that wants everyone else to be walled up. Perhaps so it's easier to control them.
i just share a common piece of mind that albeit religion has it's benefits considering human psyche, it's just ridiculous in itself.
+ i assume the author has a similar pov as mine.
Old 2011-12-14, 10:21   Link #97
miketyson

This is another pleasant surprise, just read it up to current. Even though taken individually the art is some of the worst I've seen in a published manga, the way the giants are drawn is actually very effective, and really adds to the atmosphere here.

My 2c/overall take: my gut is that there's going to be some kind of conspiracy and/or plot, like everyone else. That said, I suspect what we'll see is something like: the original super-giant wasn't actually "evil" per-se, it was someone who wanted to set in motion a chain of events that'd lead to the conspiracy getting unraveled, regardless of the cost. Given that, our hero's dad -- or someone related to him -- isn't a bad guess, but it could be anyone.

That said, it'll be disappointing if it proves to be just the king/church/whatever behind it all, mainly because we've barely seen them outside of a couple chapters. What I'd hope it's more like is along the lines of: there's some king-of-the-giants monster way out there in the outside world, and back in the day the humans couldn't win the war, so struck some sort of secret deal, but now that deal is unravelling somehow.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 00:11   Link #98
Franckie

I love stories that aren't afraid to brutally kill off characters. So much better than the bland "no good guys die" trend I see in too many other series.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 03:01   Link #99
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 29:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 14:44   Link #100
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Spoiler for chapter 29: