AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-10-17, 14:56   Link #161
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
New crew member is confirmed. He's going to build the ship.
OMG!!! He is goingto jointhe pirate crew?!?!?!!?thats a surprise!!!!!!!
pinkflower80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 15:29   Link #162
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
^

Put those in spoiler tags. This is theories and speculation, not spoilers.

On that topic, yes, I got my speculation on the Strawhat's new ship correct. It is going to be that ship after all.
'that' ship?
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 18:08   Link #163
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
'that' ship?
Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 10:33   Link #164
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Spoiler:
Ahh ok, i thought you meant a specific type of ship as in pluton or something.
Old 2006-12-10, 13:42   Link #165
ellifeedn
Thinker

Crazy Ideas

Hi! This is my first post and I hope I get replies from other people.

Anyway, after reading the manga and watching the anime, I have thought of things that could happen but remains to be seen. This is the only place where I can exspress these ideas.

First, I think that before Luffy becomes the Pirate King, he must first fight... his hero Shanks. I practically felt the ground shaking when this came into my head.

Second, I think (though it may not be true) that Robin's father is none other than... Gol D. Roger. I can just imagine the looks that anyone who is reading this is making as I know the look I made.

I may post more ideas that pop into my head in time.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 23:17   Link #166
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post

First, I think that before Luffy becomes the Pirate King, he must first fight... his hero Shanks. I practically felt the ground shaking when this came into my head.
Why would the ground shake? Because you thought up a theory that's been said 1000 times before? The final battle of Luffy and SHanks has already been speculated couple of times. Even at the KF forums. I'm also sure it came up in Arlong Park too.

Quote:
Second, I think (though it may not be true) that Robin's father is none other than... Gol D. Roger. I can just imagine the looks that anyone who is reading this is making as I know the look I made.

I may post more ideas that pop into my head in time.
Something like that might be mentioned in Robin's past I think. Did you come up with this idea because they both have black hair?
Old 2006-12-10, 23:23   Link #167
S_C_L-1

more likely the fact that we dont know JACK about Roger other than:

1. how he looked
2. he could read/write in poneglyf
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 09:11   Link #168
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
i don't think roger is robin's father..
because:
when robin's mother left to find the ponyglyph she said she is doing that for her late husband and i think robin age was around 3 or 4 years old ... which 2 to 3 years before the excuation of gold d. roger.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 01:25   Link #169
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
more likely the fact that we dont know JACK about Roger other than:

1. how he looked
2. he could read/write in poneglyf
We dont even know how he looks, he's eyes are never shown.
Old 2006-12-13, 14:51   Link #170
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
First, I think that before Luffy becomes the Pirate King, he must first fight... his hero Shanks.
y'know, currently, i was never at all too certain of that theory... i mean on the one hand Shanks was Luffy's hero and it seems fitting that he would be a final oppenent for Luffy... on the other hand, Shanks never actually expressed intrest in One Piece,,,, sure he sails the later half of the grandline, but he never once mentioned why... and if Shanks isn't after one piece then their is no reason for him and luffy to come into conflict, thus they would never have anything beyond a practice fight...

One thing i do however see coming, is Zoro vs Shanks... Shanks is quite possibly the second best swordsman in the world after Mihawk. Only after Zoro beats a man like Shanks will he be ready to take on Mihawk for the final battle to obtain his dream... What's intresting is that battle could bring in some serioues conflict for Luff and Zoro aswell... By all means, Luffy would not want Shanks and Zoro fighting, and Zoro does reconize luffy as his captain... however, as we may recall, when Zoro first joined Luffy, he directly warned Luffy that if Luffy should ever get in the way of his dream, he would kill him (or something like that). You can just sence the drama

As for the real final battle, i orginally thought Whitebeard seeing as he was almost equal to gold roger, thus surpassing him would be closest thing to surpasing gold roger himself... however i now open up more to Blackbeard being the final battle
Spoiler for manga:
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 16:59   Link #171
airsBlue

Quote:
One thing i do however see coming, is Zoro vs Shanks... Shanks is quite possibly the second best swordsman in the world after Mihawk. Only after Zoro beats a man like Shanks will he be ready to take on Mihawk for the final battle to obtain his dream... What's intresting is that battle could bring in some serioues conflict for Luff and Zoro aswell... By all means, Luffy would not want Shanks and Zoro fighting, and Zoro does reconize luffy as his captain... however, as we may recall, when Zoro first joined Luffy, he directly warned Luffy that if Luffy should ever get in the way of his dream, he would kill him (or something like that). You can just sence the drama
well.. i don't like the idea that of shanks and luffy fight, but i don't like the idea of zoro and shanks fight either.. in order for luffy to become the pirate king he need to take down all the 4 great pirates (or some of his crew can take them down) or he could get them to recognize him as the pirate king.

i think shanks will fight luffy to test him or see how mush he graw and to test his crew but i doubt it would be a fight to death. but even after that shanks and luffy will have their party as usual ...

now here is the though or what i like about ur theory, what if shanks and zoro meet after the party while the others are sleeping and shanks tough zoro or even fought aginst him in order to let he see what to except when fighting mihawk... maybe if shanks was really a swordsman and a well known as well .. zoro should know about him ... maybe he was the greatest swordsman in the world until 10 years ago when he lost his arm and had to start over again Mihawk gained the title at that time .. and it was the same time zoro start training to become the world strongest man in the world ...

my theory explain:
1- the legendary fight between Mihawk and Shanks ..
2- why Mihawk used to fight 10 years ago and stopped doing that later.

but my theory has error ...
1- Mihawk's pride he would never except the title if he didn't earn it.
2- i think zoro mentioned shanks in front of zoro many time ... if shanks was that great shouldn't zoro heard about him ?
Old 2006-12-13, 17:16   Link #172
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One thing i do however see coming, is Zoro vs Shanks...
Until now, Luffy has always been the one to take on the strongest. For a pirate crew, that means the captain. Zoro vs. Shanks fight would be a complete embarrassment for Luffy and disrespect towards Shanks.

Shanks is not the person Zoro aims, he only aims for Mihawk, in other words, currently, that is the only fateful fight for Zoro as a swordsman (it is actually interesting to make Mihawk a shichibukai rather than a pirate, this way Zoro would have no obstacle to directly face him). Even if you consider the swordsman skills of Shanks, Luffy vs. Shanks has more meaning than a Zoro vs. Shanks fight.

Also, being one of the four strongest pirate groups, Shanks needs to have at least one nakama that can satisfy Zoro's swordsman needs and at the same time do not violate the traditions.

I think a more difficult meeting would be how the opponents would be shared when the strawhats meet whitebeard. Luffy needs to fight Whitebeard and at the same time, he needs to show that he has surpassed his brother. That will be an issue unless Ace was beaten/eliminated before Luffy meets him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
i think zoro(I guess you meant Luffy) mentioned shanks in front of zoro many time ... if shanks was that great shouldn't zoro heard about him ?
Maybe Shanks is generally known as Red Hair (or something of that sort, as it was mentioned a few times). That might also be the case for Whitebeard (I doubt many people know the name Edward Newgate). In that case, it is understandable that they haven't heard about him.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 19:25   Link #173
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
i think zoro mentioned shanks in front of zoro many time ... if shanks was that great shouldn't zoro heard about him ?
this becomes a question of how well shanks is known and what he is known for... Shanks current major claim to frame right now is his status in the grandline... however, the general knowledge of his swordskills maybe mostly unknown today... from what we can tell, Shank's duels and rivallry with Mihawk was something from back 10 years ago; after Shank's lost his arm, their rivalry pretty much died down... mihawk didn't want to fight a handicapped man and thus it ended... With their rivallry over, Shank's claim to fame as a swordsman may have died down

So in a sence, if Zoro were to consider the strongest swordsman in the world, he would notice the swrodsman who are currently very active in prusueing swordsmanship, where as Shanks, as a swordsman, has been rather inactive... Though if Zoro were keeping track of the best in the past ten years, then he would than know Shank's name well...

I mean when it comes down to it, when he meets Shanks he doesn't really need to have preexisting knowledge of Shank's history... all he needs to do is hear Shank's say something related to being one of the best, and than he would want the duel

Quote:
in order for luffy to become the pirate king he need to take down all the 4 great pirates (or some of his crew can take them down) or he could get them to recognize him as the pirate king.
The thing about reconization, is that there is more to being a pirate than just plain fighting... Shanks doesn't need to fight luffy inorder to reconize him as surpassing him... If Luffy can gather together a powerful, kick the ass of someone like Whitebeard, and obtain One piece, then i think that will be more than enough for Shanks to reconize him as Pirate King...

It's only pirates like Whitebeard, pirates with inflated egos, who would demand a straight up duel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Zoro vs. Shanks fight would be a complete embarrassment for Luffy and disrespect towards Shanks.
not exactly... Shanks vs Zoro would be a battle purly between swordsman and nothing else... when they cross blades it's a matter swordsman status, not pirate status...

it's kind of a double edge sword... Shanks and Zoro both hold status as swordsmen as well as status as pirates... in terms of pirate status, Luffy is closer to being Shank's equal than Zoro; however in terms of swordsmanship, Zoro is the one who is closer to shanks... in other words, while Zoro vs Shanks might insult Shanks as a pirate, Luffy vs Shanks would insult Shanks as a swordsman...

And if Luffy indeed has no intention of fighting with shanks, the pride and status of swordsman will be more prominate

Quote:
Shanks is not the person Zoro aims, he only aims for Mihawk, in other words, currently, that is the only fateful fight for Zoro as a swordsman
that only means that its the only certain fight, Shanks vs Zoro can stll indeed happen... While Zoro may only aim for Mihawk, he won't turn down the chance to fight a strong swordsman... in each and every fight, Zoro manages to always seek out and fight the strongest swordsman out of any group... I mean, had Luffy or someone tried to offer to fight for instance Kaku in Zoro's place, Zoro would downright insist that he fight him... If the Second best swordsman in the world were to stand before Zoro, i highly doubt Zoro would be able to resist the chance to test his skills against the man closest to one who he aims to defeat...

And beside, perhaps after hearing Zoro's dream, Shanks himself maybe the one who reveals his past and offers Zoro the oppurtunity of a duel... as respect to swordsman who aims for the top

Quote:
Also, being one of the four strongest pirate groups, Shanks needs to have at least one nakama that can satisfy Zoro's swordsman needs and at the same time do not violate the traditions.
Problem here is that even if Shanks has a good swordsman on his ship, i won't change the fact that he himself is the best swordsman on his ship... offering Zoro to fight anything less than the best that Shanks can offer him would be disrespectful to Zoro as a swordsman...

Quote:
I think a more difficult meeting would be how the opponents would be shared when the strawhats meet whitebeard. Luffy needs to fight Whitebeard and at the same time, he needs to show that he has surpassed his brother. That will be an issue unless Ace was beaten/eliminated before Luffy meets him.
Luffy may end up fighting both of them... When he wants to go fight Whitebeard, Ace could stand in his way, bascially saying that if he wants to fight Whitbeard he's gonna have to go through him first

it's kinda a bit like how Luffy ended up having two fights when he went against CP9
Old 2006-12-15, 23:29   Link #174
ellifeedn
Thinker

I am just want to let everyone know that the post made under this account before was made by my little sister and I hope that I don't get off the wrong foot with the forum as I don't say things like 'I felt the ground shaking' and stuff.

With that being said and done, I'd like to say some things that I believe could happen.

First, I believe that Luffy will have a rematch with each Smoker and Aokiji (or whatever his name is).

Second, before Luffy can become the king (whenever that will be), he must first face his fear and fight his grandfather Garp.

Third, if Oda bases parts of the story on Dragonball, then we may see a timeskip with a more mature Straw-Hat crew (including Luffy).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 23:44   Link #175
S_C_L-1

the beauty of this series is that there is a timeskip between each arc. they spend a long time at sea between the islands... it mightve been 5 years since they got to the grand line... only Oda would know.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 01:12   Link #176
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
the beauty of this series is that there is a timeskip between each arc. they spend a long time at sea between the islands... it mightve been 5 years since they got to the grand line... only Oda would know.
Actually it's less than 1 year...
Franky's flashback begins 22 years before the water 7 arc, the same has how long ago it was before gold roger was executed at the very begining of the series
though i'd guess it's been a few months since they set out...
Old 2006-12-16, 07:42   Link #177
airsBlue

Quote:
Actually it's less than 1 year...
Franky's flashback begins 22 years before the water 7 arc, the same has how long ago it was before gold roger was executed at the very begining of the series
though i'd guess it's been a few months since they set out...
yeah .. it has only been less than a year when luffy first left his city ... it was confirmed when WB and shanks met.
also both robin and franky flashbacks confirm it.
Old 2006-12-17, 23:01   Link #178
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

i heard that oda is only goign to make a little more than 500 manga chapter
so what does that mean will happen luffy + crew have to fight alot of ppl to make all their dreams come true
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 17:01   Link #179
Climhazard
Funk Freed

I have a new theory about how Garp managed to capture Gol D. Roger, Garp could have put Rogers ship in to such a bad state with his cannon throwing technique that Roger's ship just couldnt go on, im not sure what would happen after that but it seems likely that Garp destroyed his ship.
Old 2006-12-18, 22:16   Link #180
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

yeah that is one good theory

do you think that garp and roger are related the hole D. middle name thing and all teh old ppl saying that luffy is just like him he could be his great grampa or something that family line is pretty strong for what we know of now
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote