AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 16:31   Link #41
domino
デレデレ

I picked up a copy of the manga from Viz. Very good! Looks like the anime is following the manga. The manga mentions the game a lot but they never note that the game is available in Japan only, which makes me wonder if they are considering translating the GAME into English. I really hope so!! So I took a lot of screenshots of the game in hopes of making more fans of it to gather support for it to be translated into English. ^_^

Basics of the game: You are a student at Seisou Academy - a school that is 1/2 music students and 1/2 normal students. Music students wear a white/cream color uniform while normal students wear black. You can also tell which grade students are in by the color of their tie: first years wear a blue tie, second years wear a red tie, and third years wear a black tie.

You have been selected to take part in a Selection contest, so you have to train your music skills. You are not a music student, so to improve your music you must use emotion and gather "key words" that will bring emotion into your music and come out as good music through your magic violin. (confusing, huh?)

Anyway, I took game screencaps if you want to see... ^_^;

Spoiler for La Corda d'Oro game screenshots:

I hope that interested some people. ^^; I think simulation games like this (a text adventure that isn't JUST flipping through text... you get to interact with things and grow) are fun, ahaha...

I hear that Shoku-dan's sub of episode 1 is almost done. Can't wait to see it released~
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 23:43   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 3 raw

Well, I know it's following a bit of formula, and that the animation is so-so, but I'm enjoying it. The music. The characters: they feel like human beings, as well as bishounen. And Takagi Reiko's voice as the lead is really working for me.

But I think originality is overrated. Hitting the right notes to trigger the audience's (i.e., my) emotions is more important for me, really.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 19:28   Link #43
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I like this better than Angelique already. The main character here sort of developed relationship with the other characters slowly and more natural. In Angelique, all the bishies fell into her lap in episode 1. ^^;;

Other than that, I like the music alot. The game does sounds interesting, domino. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 23:28   Link #44
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

It would be funny and interesting if they pair up Kahoko with Fuyumi instead of the bishies. If that happens, I would say it's original.

PS: I heard from somewhere that in the game, you can have a Fuyumi ending (meaning pairing up with her as Kahoko). Don't know if it's true though.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 17:17   Link #45
domino
デレデレ

Shoku-dan has released episode 1 subbed! ^o^ Bravo~

Now to go watch~
Old 2006-10-17, 20:27   Link #46
usagijen

Hehe.. Me Luvvs Kin-iro no Corda~ <33 ^___^
I was able to finish the game on PC a few months ago (got Len's ending ), and I'm planning to play it again when I have some time (for other endings.. hihi :3) I really enjoyed playing this game since it's more interactive than most other love-sim games for girls I've played... I mean, you get to move around the campus and search for the fatas and talk to people and interact with them and all :3

Objectively speaking, the plot of Kin-iro no Corda is really not that great (would seem lame to other people).. but I love the characters and how the development of the story and the characters is done, especially in the manga (and now in the anime) ^-^ The manga gave the characters much much more depth~ =DD The manga seems to be reaching its climax already, and you can see it ending soon.. can't wait to see how the ending will be~ *___*

The game's been out for quite some time now.. but if the manga and anime gains much popularity (due to Kin-iro fangirls, including me ), then there would be more chances that the game would be translated to english ;D

There's only 1 love-sim game for girls that's been ported to english version so far (as far as I know ^^; entitled 'Yo-Jin-Bo' (due out this month I believe)... though Kin-iro no Corda should've been much much more deserving for porting to english :3

Last edited by usagijen; 2006-10-18 at 00:23.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 21:18   Link #47
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

@domino

Let me know if the fansub is any good, plzkthx ^_^
ashefatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 23:36   Link #48
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashefatal View Post
@domino

Let me know if the fansub is any good, plzkthx ^_^
They did a pretty good job. (especially since it's the group's first release). Love the color-coded subs (font color changes depending on the speaker). The translation stumbles a bit around "foreign words" that are terms from the game and in a few other places, but overall it's good and most definately better than no sub at all.

To clear up a bit of key terms that weren't pointed out well in the sub:

* The sub says "normal school" but I prefer the way the manga translates it -- "general education school", or the "gen ed school". Seisou Academy is divided into two schools: the music department (where students major/focus in specific instruments) and the "general education" school which is a normal school. You can tell the difference by the color of their uniforms.

* The word "concours" (french for "examination") was omitted from the sub, but when they say "concours" they mean the school's musical examination/tournament. When the school decides to hold a concours, the school selects a small group of music students to participate in a 4-round tournament. In each round the student performs a concert and all the contestants are ranked. The student with the highest average rank of all 4 rounds wins the concours.

* The fairies in the Corda world are called "fata" (the subber wrote "part" instead and mis-heard it... understandable since it's a weird game term). Fata is the Latin word for fairy.

Hm, that's all that there really is to clear up~... can't wait to see them do episode 2.
Old 2006-10-18, 01:38   Link #49
cynicalicious
I like pie.

For what it is, it's not bad, but it leaves me wanting to change a few things.

For starters, why can't she play a magic tuba instead of a stupid boring ol' violin? It would definitely make this a more interesting series. That, and she could crush all of those girly-men, and those jealous nasty women with her new-found strength! (Or just break mean violin boy's wrists by throwing it at him, and making him try to catch it.)

Then again, the idea of a cheating magic instrument still kind of pisses me off from the perspective of someone who had to practice like hell to get to any sort of standard of performance. I don't care how pretty she is-- if I found her in my competition, I'd probably have to fight the urge to throw things at her. Like a few dozen Manhasset #30 stands... and maybe a few violas.

The other thing I'd change is to ditch the whole classical part of the competition. The best musicians I knew when I was studying music in college were jazz musicians. Any monkey can play classical music with enough practice, but maybe 1 in 100 can play jazz at a high level, and maybe 1 in 1000 can improvise at that level. There's nothing like a jazz competition to shine the harshest of all lights that will expose every single deficiency in a musician's abilities. Fun.

And here's a violin joke for those of you brass players who (like me) had to sit in and rehearse with school orchestras as favors. (You poor souls. ;_; )

What's the difference between a violin and a viola?
Spoiler:
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 02:27   Link #50
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
And more events! (I wonder if you can get an ending with Fuyuumi?! She has two meters to fill on the profile screen just like the guys o_o )
well, uhm, actually there is an ending with fuyuumi ^^;;; There's even an ending with Nami (the "reporter") ^^;;; But just like other renai games for girls which has these endings with girls, they end up as.. great friends.. ehehe... ^^;;;
Old 2006-10-19, 00:01   Link #51
usagijen

With regards to Shoku-dan's sub of episode 1, my opinion is that, they need to have a proofer of the translation.. as the translation is quite literal and would have to be tweaked for minor errors and some point-of-view type of translation error..

just to point out some errors I found...

there was this line where Riri said '...Nanoni naze, daremo wagahai ni kigatsukanai no da', which means, 'But why is it that no one notices me'.. the later part was instead translated as 'I don't recognize anybody here...' o__o

and.. the one assigned to be in charge of the competition should be 'Kanazawa-sensei', not 'Kanaza-sensei' (it just sounded as if the principal mentioned Kanaza-sensei, the wa is there..) o__o

in the part where Tsuchiura helps Hino-chan with the stuff to be taken to the music department -> 'Nanka gomen ne... Tetsudatte morachatte'.. should be -> 'I'm sorry for having you help me with this...' (something like that)

and then Tsuchiura's reply -> "ii-tte.. kore omae ga hitoru kitsui darou'.. should, 'it's okay, this would be too hard for you to carry (or do) on your own'

...just a bit of my opinion... I think there are also other errors in the latter part, but I didn't have time to check every bit of it.. o__o

I don't mean to insult Shoku-dan or anything.. just hope, this bit of information would help clear things up.. >__<

Last edited by usagijen; 2006-10-19 at 19:55.
Old 2006-10-19, 00:06   Link #52
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
well, uhm, actually there is an ending with fuyuumi ^^;;; There's even an ending with Nami (the "reporter") ^^;;; But just like other renai games for girls which has these endings with girls, they end up as.. great friends.. ehehe... ^^;;;
It's interesting that they do that. It's very refreshing from other dating sims that have all the girls as evil rivals who exist only to get in your way and make your life miserable. All of the characters in La Corda d'Oro are refreshingly charming and kind. ^^ And even without any of the dating part, the game is still fun on its own as a music sim. I can't stop playing... T_T (though how on earth did you manage to get Len's ending?! He's so cruel )

And yeah, I love Shoku-dan for doing this but their translation needed a LOT of help... it got better as the episode went on, but at the beginning it was like every other line was a mistranslation...
Old 2006-10-19, 08:01   Link #53
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I don't know how, but for some weird unknown reason, Episode 3 sealed this in my watch list by hitting some notes inside me. Problem is, I'm not remotely sure what notes got played.

I suspect it is due to me being an organ/piano player myself or cause Ryo's my favourite male out of Hino's harem so far, but at the same time, it doesn't feel like it.

It's been a while since I played the piano myself.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 01:43   Link #54
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

This gives off some strange Symphonic Rain vibes, except that the genders are reversed.

Anyway, it's a good watch, will definitely keep up with it.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 03:12   Link #55
Secca
nya`
*Artist

First time I saw this, I tought the characters just so so and doesn't really make sense to me, but I like the music and those classic instruments. So I start reading this thread.

I rewatch it last nigh and it was more enjoyable. Thanks domino ^_^ for explaining the difference between the prestige music students and the regular normal students. And the game terms like what happen in councours, it start making sense now when I rewatched it. The entire why Kahoko was so upset and was in panic mode after the anouncement. Someone who never played an instrument suddenly get selected to compete with the top talented music students. Anyone would have break sweat if they were in her shoes as well. ^_^;;

The male characters act more natural, like real people in real life. They don't overeacted like typical bishounens. Azuma and Kazuki feels like normal guys, they just pretty. ^^ Even Tsukimori kun personality, that is what genius elite student feels like in real life. They hard to approach unless you are equally smart or talented. ^_^;;

This is what shcool all about, friendship and competition.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 03:37   Link #56
lsjulee

Too Shoujo, in my opinion. Liked -

Spoiler:

Aint that typical of shoujo?

But I'd continue watching. Cos only from here I get to hear the music. From manga, I'd have to imagine the music.
lsjulee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 19:45   Link #57
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I was intrested in this since im a music a lover and play instruments. Im not sure of my first impressions i was able to sit through the whole thing which is a good sign. I like the charcter designs especially their school uniforms very nice. Also, the animation quality was pretty good. The story seems intresting but not all too complicated. I just enjoyed watching the fairy freak that girl out everytime he poped up. I think i will enjoy it more when we get to hear and see some of the music. I wonder if they are going to center the whole series around this recital and events leading up to it or if this is just one part in the story?
Old 2006-10-20, 19:54   Link #58
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I was intrested in this since im a music a lover and play instruments. Im not sure of my first impressions i was able to sit through the whole thing which is a good sign. I like the charcter designs especially their school uniforms very nice. Also, the animation quality was pretty good. The story seems intresting but not all too complicated. I just enjoyed watching the fairy freak that girl out everytime he poped up. I think i will enjoy it more when we get to hear and see some of the music. I wonder if they are going to center the whole series around this recital and events leading up to it or if this is just one part in the story?
Well, the recital, and related events to it plays a major role in the story, but there's more to it than that ;D The story was developed in a way that the characters and their relationships are given much depth, not just in terms of musical abilities and the recital ^-^
Old 2006-10-20, 20:02   Link #59
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
Well, the recital, and related events to it plays a major role in the story, but there's more to it than that ;D The story was developed in a way that the characters and their relationships are given much depth, not just in terms of musical abilities and the recital ^-^

Thanks for that im really hoping for some good charcter development i think the show could make a good emotional impact if the charcters have proper growth and attention
Old 2006-10-21, 00:27   Link #60
usagijen

Finally had the time to finish watching the subbed episode 1...

Just thought I'd like to clarify some mistranslations in the last part, which has quite an effect in terms of changing the mood of the conversation

In the part where Kaho sees the 3 girls bullying Fuyuumi, the comment of one of the girls is not 'I bet she cheated..' but rather, 'How can someone [so plain] like her be chosen as a candidate' (hence Kaho's reaction of 'What?!'.. else, if she was told she cheated to join the competition, she would have reacted more.. violently ^^;;
Then afterwards, the follow-up comment should be 'Well, but it seems that the other one (referring to Fuyuumi) is much more inelegant; she's a shame for the music students (or a shame for the music academy itself)'

and then.. Kahos' reply: 'You are the ones who should be ashamed! ...bullying this girl just because you weren't chosen...'

---

that's all..

Tags
musical, romance