AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 138 36.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 22.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 50 13.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 9.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 7.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 3.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.05%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 20 5.25%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-15, 18:28   Link #981
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

I think Nina has more important things to worry about than Lelouch revealing that he once wore the mask of zero.

she is wanted in several countries and she needs to make the counter measure against Fleja or they are all screwed.
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 18:51   Link #982
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Same group, same slogan. A bunch of relics with only a glorified name without so much as managing to distinguish amongst the people and their enemies without even really accomplishing anything, thus losing any meaning to their cause. Terrorism at its finest. I don't see why Lelouch would have a different impression of them then he did in their first meeting.
Clearly, Toudou felt differently. And I'd trust his assessment over yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker
You know that's not an actual answer within the realm of the story. Lelouch must have had a reason for holding back before now, perhaps because at some point he actually came to care about his subordinates, as hard as that may be for you to accept.
Alright, you want a likely Lelouch reason? He had two identities back then. He couldn't risk a link existing between the two of them, like a slave that might follow him in either persona. Now that he's shed his mask, he has no need to worry about such things. He doesn't need to be careful in that regard anymore.

Quote:
The hell you come up with the audacity for a counter explanation that wasn't even backed in the series, versus the actual explanation Lelouch himself gives... and he uses his cellphone all the freaking time to talk to them afterward BTW so that rather lame excuse just fails on so many levels. Yeah, and they proved to be nothing but a bunch of gutless and unorgainized cowards in the end, hence why Lelouch recontacts Ougi to form the Order thanks to their attachment to him.
The same place you come up with the audacity to pretend there was a line anywhere in that episode that said anything about Lelouch having an emotional attachment to the Black Knights. Except mine has more basis since in the end, as you admit, Lelouch only cares about results he gets from the group.

Quote:
KrimzonStriker]The hell he did, he's shown plenty of examples for caring for his subordinates, take Urabe in Turn 2, Kallen in Turn 10 and Turn 19, hell he saved their bacon in Turn 4 as well so that should even out the shit from the Black Rebellion. Hell, throw in the second time Nunally shows up, and he ends up choosing them over her in Turn 7 to continue the rebellion. Lelouch is far from perfect, but he's also far from hopeless as he's demonstrated an ability to learn from his mistakes. Maybe he did create the situation at times, but I only go so far as to blame him for his inability to open up to his group on that score, which I can understand his reasons for doing so at the same time as well. Lelouch has been far from being a saint, but he's also been far from being unreliable or unappreciative of them when the chips are down, and in this case I point the Order for being even worse then he was at times, unless Ougi suddenly harboring Villeta all the way back in Season 1 doesn't ring any bells. Had they not bought Schneizel's ploy, I see no reason why Lelouch would not have continued to work with and commit to their joint goals. So now the lines are drawn and the battle is on, its time to witness which one of the scorned and apparently scorned sides emerges victorious.
None of the examples with Kallen count because he cares about her from school and such as a deep friend. She is not just one of the Black Knights to Lelouch. And he left Japan so that he wouldn't have to fight Nunnally, not for the Black Knights. So that leaves Urabe, who he didn't want to sacrifice himself because he already had the explosives plan in play, and saving his army from being executed so that he wouldn't have to start all over from scratch and make a new one. Yeah. Great amounts of emotional care there. And in case you missed it, Lelouch, as he always does with the Black Knights, failed them when the chips were down and was more concerned with finding Nunnally after FLEIJA utterly destroyed them rather than actually making reasonable calls in Turn 19. Not to mention he didn't tell them about FLEIJA in the first place when he was warned, and he secretly ordered them to massacre a colony of pacifist researchers so he could make Rolo and V.V. atone for their sins in some Light Yagami-esque moment of feeling like all sinners except him should have righteous judgment passed on them. At that moment, he WAS acting irrationally and couldn;t even attend the meeting. They had every reason to think he was unstable. And quite to the contrary of what you think, Lelouch has actually failed them EXACTLY when the chips were down (both decisive battles of Tokyo). They forgave him the first time, but as they say, "Fool me once..."

Quote:
Like Schneizel is really the god he claims he is and what he says will somehow bend the entire battle to his whims because of his charming voice.... Right, and I could say the same for Lelouch at the same time since Schneizel is merely one of the final hurdles to overcome in order to accomplish Zero Requiem.
The difference is Lelouch has always and still has this obsession with defeating Schneizel, whereas Schneizel bears no such feelings toward Lelouch. I was simply correcting him on that.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 19:01   Link #983
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Disreptor you're so deluded I don't know if you're just being dense for the hell of it or if you actually believe the stuff you write.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 19:19   Link #984
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Clearly, Toudou felt differently. And I'd trust his assessment over yours.
Todoue is a loyalist, he followed his commanding officer in the aftermath of the war, when in truth he also wanted an end to the fighting as well. And this isn't about freaking Todoue anyway, this is about the reasoning behind Lelouch's actions in regards to Katase. As I said, there was no reason from him to assume such doctrine was not apart of the whole organization, at one point he did try to negotiate and reason with them before the major in charge of the hotel jacking tried to hack him into pieces. That certainly sends a friendly message now does it? Makes you just want to cuddle up with them and share some green-tea.

Quote:
Alright, you want a likely Lelouch reason? He had two identities back then. He couldn't risk a link existing between the two of them, like a slave that might follow him in either persona. Now that he's shed his mask, he has no need to worry about such things. He doesn't need to be careful in that regard anymore.
Oh, really, that's the best you can do now? Because Geass is certainly a traceable substance now, and he couldn't just order them into to hide in a hole or something. They're certainly not mindless drones despite being under his control, they act to the best of their abilities, just under his command. Hell, they still had enough sense to freaking gossip at the beginning of Turn 23, I think they'd have enough sense in them to function accordingly with Lelouch's organizational skills as well.

Quote:
The same place you come up with the audacity to pretend there was a line anywhere in that episode that said anything about Lelouch having an emotional attachment to the Black Knights. Except mine has more basis since in the end, as you admit, Lelouch only cares about results he gets from the group.
Uggh, do you even bother watching this series? Be honest with me? Just go back and watch Stage 6 again already. He says Ougi's group has grown attached to him, and as such he was considering cutting them out of the loop. Why is that exactly? Perhaps because he didn't want sentimentality to get in the way? But why should he care about that at all if he doesn't give a rats ass? Maybe, just maybe, he was afraid the same thing would happen to him now, I would assume, since you're coming out with these rather half-baked explanations yourself. And where did I say that? Certainly you should read all of my posts as well in regards to how I'm trying to connect such dots >_>

Quote:
None of the examples with Kallen count because he cares about her from school and such as a deep friend. She is not just one of the Black Knights to Lelouch. And he left Japan so that he wouldn't have to fight Nunnally, not for the Black Knights. So that leaves Urabe, who he didn't want to sacrifice himself because he already had the explosives plan in play, and saving his army from being executed so that he wouldn't have to start all over from scratch and make a new one. Yeah. Great amounts of emotional care there. And in case you missed it, Lelouch, as he always does with the Black Knights, failed them when the chips were down and was more concerned with finding Nunnally after FLEIJA utterly destroyed them rather than actually making reasonable calls in Turn 19. Not to mention he didn't tell them about FLEIJA in the first place when he was warned, and he secretly ordered them to massacre a colony of pacifist researchers so he could make Rolo and V.V. atone for their sins in some Light Yagami-esque moment of feeling like all sinners except him should have righteous judgment passed on them. At that moment, he WAS acting irrationally and couldn;t even attend the meeting. They had every reason to think he was unstable. And quite to the contrary of what you think, Lelouch has actually failed them EXACTLY when the chips were down (both decisive battles of Tokyo). They forgave him the first time, but as they say, "Fool me once..."
Oh my freaking god, are you that insecure about your position that you have to suddenly take it out and diminish every little thing he does? Oh yeah, certainly that was his excuse on the whole matter, he didn't want to have to rebuild his army from scratch... where the hell does he say this exactly? What I remember was, that he didn't accept sacrificial tactics as acceptable, even though under the circumstances it would have been logically sound and bought him enough time to actually get his bomb plan into effect, which he risked quite recklessly on by not running before almost getting skewered by Rolo. Oh, and his whole montage after Urabe's sacrifice wasn't real either, I'm sure, because saying nice words to dead people who gave up their life for you must be just another conspiracy plot on his part as well. And the hell, which episode do you think I'm talking about anyway? It was Turn 7 not Turn 8 you boob! You know, the one where he almost gives up the rebellion entirely before he decides his fight isn't just for Nunnally anymore and he goes back and rescues their asses. I mean, you know, it wouldn't have been smarter for him if he really just only cared about Nunnally to let their asses sink to the floor, but not, he finds the resolve to continue on with the struggle with them. Okay, for one thing, nukes weren't freaking invented until just now, and it was coming from the at the time 'believed' liar Suzaku, you think Lelouch or anyone else who didn't know really know anything about FREJA would actually have bought it at the time that such a weapon existed? Oh and yes, the Geass Directorate was so innocent, after experimenting and turning out kids like Rolo must mean their research was very ethical and morally sound now all of a sudden, not to mention their contribution to Charles cause in terms of his control on the Geass aspect. Really, they were baby clean, I'm sure. Yeah, not buying into FREJA must have really put the blame on Lelouch, because the concept of WMD's were so well known, I'm sure the Imperial Japanese would like to have had a word with you concerning Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Any body else would have probably called it a bluff had they been in the same position and aware of the actual existence of such weapons. Where in the hell are you getting these excuses from seriously, I don't know if you're even trying anymore

Quote:
The difference is Lelouch has always and still has this obsession with defeating Schneizel, whereas Schneizel bears no such feelings toward Lelouch. I was simply correcting him on that.
Well, you know, its not like Lelouch doesn't have a plan of his own called Zero Requiem in the works, so yes I'm sure his only goal in life must be to defeat Schneizel, because after all, Schneizel is the center of the world and as such whatever he says goes. That kind of overconfidence is going to kill Schneizel far as I can see >_>

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2008-09-15 at 19:34.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 19:26   Link #985
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh please have those 2 "liars" aka goro & ichiro make either lelouch or schneizel tell the REAL F"N TRUTH or else get to drag in R3.

geez to add some "yawn" so much for KoR really only 3 & 6 in battle while 9 is just no where like 2-5-7-8-11 (yeah waste especially like appear in a second then "kaboom" really just waste)

now an orange-ninja maid aka is like ohgi-vi 2.0 while ohgi just got vi "knocked up" & schneizel "snap shoot" cornelia deja vu season 1 of lelouch shoot euphie even more deja vu same ep number 23.

now borrowing ideas from season 1 geass ok R2 with either go borrow idea to EPIC or go RUNNING TO CLASHING TRAIN SMASH CRASH BURN.

cause now i'm thinking WE ARE SCREWED!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 19:43   Link #986
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
geez to add some "yawn" so much for KoR really only 3 & 6 in battle while 9 is just no where like 2-5-7-8-11 (yeah waste especially like appear in a second then "kaboom" really just waste)
Well, those other numbers aren't assigned from what we know. They are open seats.
Quote:
now an orange-ninja maid aka is like ohgi-vi 2.0 while ohgi just got vi "knocked up" & schneizel "snap shoot" cornelia deja vu season 1 of lelouch shoot euphie even more deja vu same ep number 23.
It is a Lelouch and Schneizel parallel. The difference is that Schneizel doesn't CARE while Lelouch was freaking broken as hell. Schneizel is what Lelouch tried to become and failed. Schneizel threw away his emotion and became the Demon King. Lelouch failed in that regard. THAT was why it was there.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 19:48   Link #987
KrimzonStriker

You're saying it like its a bad thing that he did fail in that regard Orga
Old 2008-09-15, 20:03   Link #988
Seitsuki
Onee!

(random thought) is it ironic or not that krimzon and discreptor are having such a great battle and they have the avatars of Lulu/Schneizel? xD
Old 2008-09-15, 20:04   Link #989
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
(random thought) is it ironic or not that krimzon and discreptor are having such a great battle and they have the avatars of Lulu/Schneizel? xD
Well, that leaves me confident on how the battle for Damocles will end. D

I kid, I kid
Old 2008-09-15, 20:07   Link #990
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
You're saying it like its a bad thing that he did fail in that regard Orga
Well of course. Keeping some semblance of humanity is a great thing. One of the positives Lelouch has (and it is one of the very few... IMO...)

But still, Schneizel is still made of Epic Win and he is still completely awesome for a "villain" to go against Lelouch. They are the same after all. It is going to be an interesting finale!
Old 2008-09-15, 20:08   Link #991
Seitsuki
Onee!

with lelouch getting shot in the head agen?
well since lulu is the only one mentioned for sure in the ep 25 preview-ish thing he has to survive. main characters are defined as the ones who survive until the final ep (mostly..)
Old 2008-09-15, 20:08   Link #992
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I just hope Lelouch is smart enough to meet Schneizel in a room that doesn't have fingersnap-triggered machine guns hidden in the walls.
Old 2008-09-15, 20:09   Link #993
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
with lelouch getting shot in the head agen?
well since lulu is the only one mentioned for sure in the ep 25 preview-ish thing he has to survive. main characters are defined as the ones who survive until the final ep (mostly..)
If that happens he better wear his mask again
Old 2008-09-15, 20:15   Link #994
rpgman1

We'll see who gets the last laugh. It's either Lelouch or Schneizel. Countless lives are being thrown away between these two. Schneizel seems too confident that he'll beat Lelouch like he did countless times before in those chess games. Never underestimate your opponent and always come out with a trick up your sleeve. It would be funny to see Lelouch said checkmate to Schneizel when he gets the last laugh.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 20:15   Link #995
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I just hope Lelouch is smart enough to meet Schneizel in a room that doesn't have fingersnap-triggered machine guns hidden in the walls.
Nonsense. Schneizel proved he is more HAX than Geass with that! They are everywhere.
Old 2008-09-15, 20:16   Link #996
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Nonsense. Schneizel proved he is more HAX than Geass with that! They are everywhere.
Maybe he really has a gun summoning geass!!!
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 20:18   Link #997
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Pfft, nothing is more hax then Haxzaku! Wonder who he's working for, eh?
Old 2008-09-15, 20:20   Link #998
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Maybe he really has a gun summoning geass!!!
Oh please. That is impossible for Geass to affect inanimate objects, but it does work on mirrors (he did it only twice, one for each season). If Lelouch can pull off that trick on Schneizel then he does have a chance.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 20:21   Link #999
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
oh please have those 2 "liars" aka goro & ichiro make either lelouch or schneizel tell the REAL F"N TRUTH or else get to drag in R3.

now borrowing ideas from season 1 geass ok R2 with either go borrow idea to EPIC or go RUNNING TO CLASHING TRAIN SMASH CRASH BURN.

cause now i'm thinking WE ARE SCREWED!!!
Can anybody translate this for me?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 20:22   Link #1000
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Can anybody translate this for me?
Trainwreck?

Seems like he is one of those people...
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote