AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-26, 03:44   Link #1141
Mentar
Banned

One more thought on the length: I think it's not necessarily bad to have a tight schedule for each arc. It forces the storyboard writer to condense things and tell parts of the story by implication rather than the usual common long-winded simplicissimus "repeat the key points via dialog until the biggest douchebag gets it" technique which I have come to hate so much.

When in doubt, a snazzy slightly-too-fast story is preferable to a snailpace-with-developments-like-molasses one. So yea, 5 eps might be the perfect length, but we have 6 heroines after all. Also, who knows if other arcs have a bit less of ground to cover... so we'll have to wait and see.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 04:24   Link #1142
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumura55 View Post
Even Christians are watching this and they are lost and it's such a disgrace. Believe me I'm Christian and I know whether a show is good or bad. And this show has just proved it. And to all you Otaku's/Nerds, YES I did drop the show and I hope this show drops in Japan as well with it's DVD sales. This show is garbage!
Even though your probably not gonna read this.

Since Shiroth covered what I wanted to say I want to ask. How does " Being A Christian " = " I know whether a show is good or bad "
Are you talking about the hotel scene? Cause the outcome of that scene is all how you perceive it to be. Calling people Nerds isn't a good way for anyone to take you seriously. Wishing bad on what possibly gives people a living ( DVD Sales ) isn't exactly smart either. Also last time. How does being a christian mean you know how good an anime is? Or would you like to re-phrase that.

Anyway , sorry you don't like the anime , have a good life.

Last edited by coolasj19; 2010-07-26 at 04:39. Reason: Kaoru. Taking it out. Putting it in another post.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 04:25   Link #1143
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
I'll say it once and i'll say it again very nicely. This show is terrible! It is completely unrealistic. Even though I'am a Ai Nanasaki fanboy, but the whole show is ridiculous. The only good points is Ai and Ayatsuji the others i could care less about. They should have had an interesting main male character that the audience enjoys. I find the whole franchise some guys fantasy about high school. He knows that other people wish they had been a ladies man in High shcool and slept around. So he made this franchise so that people could imagine all the girls they wish they had dated in High School. It's bad because they show it as great and fun when really most of those realationships would end very badly. Seriously people, don't get sucked into this. Even Christians are watching this and they are lost and it's such a disgrace. Believe me I'm Christian and I know whether a show is good or bad. And this show has just proved it. And to all you Otaku's/Nerds, YES I did drop the show and I hope this show drops in Japan as well with it's DVD sales. This show is garbage!
No.. the show isn't a garbage. Your posts are!

Also, i said this nicely for you coz i seriously feel tempted to press the report button under your post, since you said you dropped the show, please leave this thread peacefully then. But don't get me wrong, you can always come back again anytime when you feel like changing your thought and opinion about Amagami.

Quote:
I'm telling you people, this show is a disgrace. Listen to me. it's just filling up men's fantasy's of having a dream girl like them. Even Shuffle had that and it was worse. Please, I'm begging you guys. Just hear what I'm saying!
I think you're the 142673982937189293728919th people that take things too seriously. One advice for you... never take anything that happened in anime seriously. Take it only for enjoyment.

Should you like the anime, then stay on the boat with everyone else in here, and enjoy the thread. If not, you can leave this thread peacefully and go find other anime that satisfy you. You don't need to force your own opinion into everyone else...
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 04:42   Link #1144
coolasj19

Quick Morishima Line. She's very cunning. I doubt Lovely is her middle name and when she was telling Junichi about her grandparents not making it , she had her face in the window so we couldn't see her expression. Very very obvious she's lying about that. She WAS worried and jealous though. So, whatever.

4 Days until Kaoru!!! The previews were just awesome!!

Preview Speculation!!!

I can tell Tachibana is going to be the one whose uncomfortable now. Just by the language. He wants to keep the friends thing. And Kaoru doesn't. Are they in the infirmary? And are those his sleep clothes? German Surplex FTW in suspenders? Looks like a some random street. Thats Hibiki right? Theres hope for much more Hibiki exposure yet!!! Her phone call Some depressed looking girl. Looks like the girl we see Kaoru pushing to confess in the Intro. Maybe she got rejected? I think if that's the case it could be a " Hey , lets help other peoples relationships while making our own " thing this arc or something. Also, after seeing it in the forums. I seriously Lol'd after seeing him hold the tea cup.

Disclaimer : This post was all random speculation typed only to get conversation started for the next 4 days.

Last edited by coolasj19; 2010-07-26 at 04:56. Reason: Format and Morishima
Old 2010-07-26, 04:58   Link #1145
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm surprised you people take poorly thought rants that can't make the distinction between opinion and fact this seriously.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 06:07   Link #1146
Wrath88
Kissing...

It's just easy enough to ignore it. Certainly there are a few points that guy seems to have forgotten.

1. We are not you
2. We have different tastes from you
3. Not all of us listen to you.
4. (Apparently) No one else here agrees with you
Old 2010-07-26, 06:09   Link #1147
Westlo
Lets be reality

Suzumura55 is trolling this show on AnimeOnDVDs forums as well, he copied and pasted his last two whine posts from there to here or vice versa.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost....3&postcount=66

Best to ignore him.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 06:59   Link #1148
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Guys, this isn't a thread to bash those who bash this anime

Anyway, anyone know who that girl is? The one who Kaoru's encouraging to confess? She's in the OP and also in Ep 1.
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 07:41   Link #1149
msg

Her name is Tanaka keiko.One of kaoru's best friend and confidante just like Hibiki and Haruka.

...am searching for kaoru on a bike pic.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 11:39   Link #1150
Itlandm
Porcupine

Well, Suzumura55 is surely right that there are religious people watching this series. I freely admit that I am one. Even though I personally am not very sensitive to sexual topics, I can see the appeal of a series that does not flash panties or bouncing breasts in your face, not to mention underage girls and boys in sexually vulnerable situations. The lack of violence or demon summoning is probably also a bonus point for many. And it generally has high production value - basically it is as respectable as this subgenre is likely to get.

But in the end, there is just that. It is based on a dating sim after all. It is unlikely to be the next Kimi ni Todoke, no matter how you turn it. There is no point in sitting around expecting that. Still, there may be other arcs that appeal more to us than replacing a household pet in her heart. Do your best next time, Junichi!
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 12:27   Link #1151
Suzumura55
Banned

Okay, we all know this show will do very well in Japan. But does doing well justify it? This is a show for people who wish they could have been a player in High School. Have their pick of the girls and get off Scot-free. But of course it did not work like that

So this show gives them a fantasy to slip into. At the end of the day though it will leave you empty. The girls aren’t real. People don’t have relationships like this and this show will leave you wishing, hoping, and trying to live like this.

The thought process says, “Girls are toys, have your pick and dump them when you get tired of them.” So of you might think that’s all girls are worth, but if you do then deep down you ALSO think that’s all your worth. And it’s not true.
Suzumura55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 12:44   Link #1152
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Well, Suzumura55 is surely right that there are religious people watching this series. I freely admit that I am one. Even though I personally am not very sensitive to sexual topics, I can see the appeal of a series that does not flash panties or bouncing breasts in your face, not to mention underage girls and boys in sexually vulnerable situations. The lack of violence or demon summoning is probably also a bonus point for many. And it generally has high production value - basically it is as respectable as this subgenre is likely to get.

But in the end, there is just that. It is based on a dating sim after all. It is unlikely to be the next Kimi ni Todoke, no matter how you turn it. There is no point in sitting around expecting that. Still, there may be other arcs that appeal more to us than replacing a household pet in her heart. Do your best next time, Junichi!
You mean .. as draggy as Kimi no Todoke?
24 episodes of pure "ohmaiGAH confess already!!!"

I'm still waiting for a route that tops Mao's or Eriko's from Kimikiss, those were some nice scenarios.
Oh and Kaoru working in a cafe with nice uniform: WIN

Spoiler for Ai's NSFW (still win win situation):

edit: Oh my, just noticed that I posted under a TROLL comment, it feels so ..

Last edited by ueXia; 2010-07-26 at 14:40.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 14:07   Link #1153
coolasj19

Quote:
Okay, we all know this show will do very well in Japan. But does doing well justify it? This is a show for people who wish they could have been a player in High School. Have their pick of the girls and get off Scot-free. But of course it did not work like that

So this show gives them a fantasy to slip into. At the end of the day though it will leave you empty. The girls aren’t real. People don’t have relationships like this and this show will leave you wishing, hoping, and trying to live like this.

The thought process says, “Girls are toys, have your pick and dump them when you get tired of them.” So of you might think that’s all girls are worth, but if you do then deep down you ALSO think that’s all your worth. And it’s not true.
Not THIS is an intelligent post people can respond to. I'm pretty sure I agree with "So this show gives them a fantasy to slip into. " and yeah the girls aren't real and this won't happen. Shoot first relationship anime I watched had me looking like this on the inside. I quickly realized that the world doesn't work like that. It's a lesson that's learned very fast indeed.

Your paragraph about the thought process? That seems like a valid if not extremely subliminal point. I see how you came up with the idea , I really do. It's very clear once you think about it but I doubt that's the reason anyone made this anime. Thing is I KNOW how much I'm worth. Nothing as simple as an anime is going to change that. The only thing that can change my worth are my actions and sometimes what other people think of me.

I think that lesson should've been pounded into childrens heads by age 11 and self taught by age 16.

Anyway, If you wanna keep posting with intelligence please go ahead. But , know that you are most likely ( 99 % ) not going to change anyones mind.
Old 2010-07-26, 14:23   Link #1154
HeadlessPony
~Princess~

Quote:
I'll say it once and i'll say it again very nicely. This show is terrible! It is completely unrealistic. Even though I'am a Ai Nanasaki fanboy, but the whole show is ridiculous. The only good points is Ai and Ayatsuji the others i could care less about. They should have had an interesting main male character that the audience enjoys. I find the whole franchise some guys fantasy about high school. He knows that other people wish they had been a ladies man in High shcool and slept around. So he made this franchise so that people could imagine all the girls they wish they had dated in High School. It's bad because they show it as great and fun when really most of those realationships would end very badly. Seriously people, don't get sucked into this. Even Christians are watching this and they are lost and it's such a disgrace. Believe me I'm Christian and I know whether a show is good or bad. And this show has just proved it. And to all you Otaku's/Nerds, YES I did drop the show and I hope this show drops in Japan as well with it's DVD sales. This show is garbage!
First off, what does christianity have anything to do with this show?

Second off, have you ever seen an anime a day in your life? Your posts suggests that this anime is the anti-christ or something. As far as fan-service goes, this is one of the most tame dating sim-esque type shows I've seen around.

Instead of Amagami bashing, why don't you just look for another series to watch and calm the heck down. You're not going to "convert" anyone by raving like a lunatic.
HeadlessPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 14:38   Link #1155
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
So this show gives them a fantasy to slip into.
And it's a great fantasy too.
Old 2010-07-26, 14:43   Link #1156
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Suzumura55 is trolling this show on AnimeOnDVDs forums as well, he copied and pasted his last two whine posts from there to here or vice versa.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost....3&postcount=66

Best to ignore him.
Oh, I don't know. I find his desperate pleas for attention to be rather entertaining. I'm holding out for him to embed youtube videos of him crying and begging for us to drop the show.

Still... one thing I didn't like about this arc was how pathetic Junichi and Haruka were in their bids for each other's attention. Suzumura55 at least managed to put that in perspective. So, uh, good job, I guess?

Quote:
Okay, we all know this show will do very well in Japan. But does doing well justify it?
Er... Yes?

And frankly, if you want to bother fans of shows that are an insult to human dignity, why don't you start with Big Brother or American Idols, which involve actual human beings?

Quote:
This is a show for people who wish they could have been a player in High School. Have their pick of the girls and get off Scot-free. But of course it did not work like that
Speaking of unrealistic works and lack of consequences, and since you put your religion on the table, how about the Bible? Why don't you try getting crucified to death, and tell me how resurrection's working out for you? Or, hey, I've heard there are some good tricks against food shortages in there, I'm sure some third world countries could use those.

Quote:
So this show gives them a fantasy to slip into. At the end of the day though it will leave you empty.
Or, you know, entertained. My navel may be real, but hell if I want to spend all day contemplating it.

Quote:
The girls aren’t real. People don’t have relationships like this and this show will leave you wishing, hoping, and trying to live like this.
If shows have that much of an effect on you, maybe you should see a psychiatrist. Sooner would be better than later. Certainly before you see some sci-fi flick about pod people, which will leave you paranoid and murderous.

Quote:
Excuse me, are we talking about the same show? Because what we saw is the story of a boy who spent two years depressed about one girl standing him up, and then debasing himself by pretending to be a puppy for the attention of a girl who didn't even pretend to see him as anything more than a toy. And they end up still happily married ten years later.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 15:15   Link #1157
msg

Don't have anything yet inside my mind to contribute as a discussion material, so more picture it is...

wakame madness....heeyahh!!

ps - don't feed the troll
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 15:17   Link #1158
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And it's a great fantasy too.
LOL, that's true. Any fantasy with Nanasaki and Karou in it is a good one in my books.

Anyway, his complaints have to do with the entire idea of dating sims. They're supposed to let you live your fantasy. They're supposed to be nonrealistic because these games are designed to be seperate from reality. A large majority of dating sims are like this, so it's natural for their respective anime adaptations to emulate the game. If they do so, it's a successful adaptation. Amagami does this from what I hear. His complaints are general in nature and aimed at the entire genre, not just Amagami. TBH he shouldn't have even started it if he knew it was a dating sim adaptation.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 15:29   Link #1159
Mentar
Banned

Shizu-sama taking a well-deserved break after her amazing performance

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 15:42   Link #1160
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Shizu-sama taking a well-deserved break after her amazing performance