AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 94 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 12.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 58 12.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 43 9.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 27 5.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 15 3.31%
3 out of 10 : Bad 12 2.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 1.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 2.21%
-1 out of 10: I want the time spent watching this back 69 15.23%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-17, 20:40   Link #101
Only_a_Shadow
Kotomi~!

Damn!

I'm never going to forget this series...
9 out of 10.
Old 2007-10-20, 18:50   Link #102
AnimeFangirl

I've watched so many other harem shows where the fans are like "Hey, if all these girls are after you, why not have your way with them? You know they want to!" School Days is what would happen if harem heroes really did go with their deepest desires. Some might say the ending was a bit over the top, but I just read a story on Mainichi Daily where a woman in Japan chopped up her best friend and took a shower on top of the bits for 2 weeks before throwing them away, just because her man chose her friend instead of her... let me see if I can find it (LATER) so the truth is stranger than fiction. After watching/reading annoying love triangles like KGNE and Ichigo 100%, School Days was a breath of fresh air. 8/10
Old 2007-10-24, 10:02   Link #103
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost-Wisdom View Post
Episode 12. Remove that and you got Darwins creek: The anime.
Fixed.

12 characters.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 16:09   Link #104
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I'm happy/scared to announce that this is not the end of School Days series!!!

http://www.sofmap.com/product_detail...gid=DD03030000
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 19:48   Link #105
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I'm happy/scared to announce that this is not the end of School Days series!!!

http://www.sofmap.com/product_detail...gid=DD03030000
That's only the Kokoro OVA. And thanks to God, this series won't be continued. I want my time back, what a cr*ppy series.

Last edited by Shana; 2007-11-21 at 12:43.
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 01:30   Link #106
Satsuya
~Slave~

6/10

Only thing I liked was the ending. Him being a man whore was kinda kool but the way the dialogue went was sooooooo boring. O well its a series where you love it or hate it to me.
Satsuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 02:07   Link #107
Autumn Demon
~

lol the second half of this show was hillus. i'd recommend to anyone watching this show not to watch the last episode and use your imagination to create an ending.

Spoiler for ending:
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 22:53   Link #108
CrisisDarkerXIV

I did not play the game before watching the anime. And I was expecting an anime that was similar to any romance anime. What really made me think was how the anime could've gone "the other way". Instead of the anime being filled with jealousy, sex, and a murder at the end, I wondered how it would've been without those things.

Anyone would say that one or two of the characters were gonna get done in, no doubt in their minds as the story flowed along.

But nevertheless, anime like School Days are like almost a wake-up call for me. Not all anime have dancing bunnies and happy endings. But I sure wouldn't like seeing myself in any of those positions.
I give the anime a 9.5 outta 10.
CrisisDarkerXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 07:48   Link #109
luckyfoshizzle

I begun watching this series right before the last episode. I heard all about the bloody endings in the game and I thought, 'I hope they don't do one of those'. When I finished watching all the episodes that were already out I still wanted a happy ending. I kind of enjoyed Seki and the main guy (forgot his name already) together, but I knew deep down this needed a bad ending.

The whole plot to this anime is love and relationships during high school and thats exactly what it is. Although to an extreme level, of course, but thats needed to make a strong impression. Girls fell madly in love with a boy in a matter of moments and for a lot of guys, all relationships are for is the sex. When the guy can't get enough from one girl, he branches out, not caring nor paying attention to thos he hurts in the process. Many girls stay in state of denial about what's happening and go "mad" because of their "love".

I think this anime masterly depicts what its like to be a teenager "in love" nowadays, just too an extreme point.
luckyfoshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 07:28   Link #110
Tabris

I've played the game and I was totally expecting what was coming...but still

Spoiler:

Still enjoyed it thoroughly though
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 14:57   Link #111
Qwazar

Well, it didn't take much time to watch, did it in two runs. Basicly I hated every major character except Sekai (NO! DON'T use the FLAMETHROWERS! IT Buuuurns! Buuuuurns!), which is why I was extremely sad when what happened happened to her.

Otherwise, yeah, waste of time.
Qwazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 06:30   Link #112
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

1 : Painful.

Even if the ending was pretty cool.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 03:17   Link #113
Saidin_228

The first few episodes showed some potential. Then it all went to hell in a handbasket. A little conflict is all fine and dandy in a romance situation, but dear god almighty, going the Melrose Place sleep-with-everyone-and-their-mother route is a tad overkill. I will admit, it did well in stirring dislike for Makoto, as the only moment I found worthwhile was watching him get a little ventilated. I want those hours back
Saidin_228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 04:32   Link #114
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Finally a change!

Not the best in execution, but this was my answer to all of those anime with weak, inane, sap-filled, or otherwise unsatisfying endings. I've seen far too many shows, harem or otherwise that paint the "happily ever after" picture or they hit the world with a reset (I'm looking at a certain Sunrise franchise). This show went where most other harem shows have never gone before. I hope to see more dark harem, hell, dark drama shows. They don't even need a guro ending, just... something darker. I was looking for a sort of Pyrrhic victory ending in that Sunrise show, instead, a cop out (I'm sure you know what I'm referring to).

I actually had the ending of the anime spoiled before I even started watching it, but I was already aware of the (in)famous endings from the game. I think knowing that it would trainwreck in the end made me like the show even more, it really heightened my anticipation. Every episode, whenever Makoto screwed up or when the shit started hitting the fan, I became excited. I think watching it a single sitting like I did made the experience even better.

I don't think Makoto is much of an exaggeration of a lustful teenager. Sure he's exceedingly stupid, but he very well represents a hormone-driven, carnal-minded teenager. I know most of you have seen guys who act like this in real life. I actually liked Makoto, without him it would be harder to cook up the drama. He got his in the end, but I really did pity him, even if almost everything was his own damn fault.

The ending... so much tension. It was over the top, it was satisfying, it was also very hilarious.

I can't really give this a solid numeric rating (I feel those are pretty arbitrary anyway). I'll just say that it was a fun ride. The end was bumpy, but it still good.

At least you can say there was a moral to this story: Don't fuck around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
Clannad? I liked it better when it was called Kanon.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 2007-11-27, 18:48   Link #115
Stahlwolf
Doujinshi Traffiker

Location: The Drought-ridden Atlanta fending off water pirates
Send a message via AIM to Stahlwolf
Ahem-

Yes. Well... I'm not into high school romances unless comedy is involved. I, myself have seen Lov**Com and read W Juliet, so this was a change. The overall anime and voice-acting was good. I thought the story was interesting, but didn't expect Makoto to get out of hand. So, I proceeded to watch the last two episodes and...
Spoiler for series:

Uh,... Yeah.
Actually, this is how real it gets in Japan. Or for that matter, anywhere else with a modern social population. And having said that I'd like to invite you to check out some of the stories from the newspapers in Japan. They are no different.
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/
http://www.japantoday.com/
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/
http://www.asahi.com/english/

-Good day... and don't cheat on your lover.
(I would have like to have seen that Makoto four-way....)
SLAP!
(Ow.....)
Stahlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 12:31   Link #116
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

I would have to say it was a waste of time for me, the first 4 episodes were fine just a guy who liked this girl but had no balls to ask her or talk to her, to be honest i thought up to then it was very well done which an array of characters and very good animation skills + voice acting, but when it changed to this guy from geek to playboy starts having sex with like 8 girls its unbelievable how this happens, after that the rest of the anime felt a daze to me, the next episodes were boring and kinda annoying, i have to say the story is quite original but other than that there is no more good points, i don't know how they started a normal looking anime into this, which is totally messed up. no girl would go from that happy to killing mode so fast its so unrealistic and frustrating to watch.
+ points would have to go on the voice acting and the animation style
- points too many to name
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 08:47   Link #117
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

school days took the internet forums by storm, it affected a lot of viewers - from veiwers who detest it to the ones that embrace it - this anime did its job and is without a doubt, very sinister in my book

any anime that can do this deserves a high score from me 9/10

ps i loved it
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 17:30   Link #118
Southern Cross
Crux

Whew, School Days was quite a wake-up call. Although I do agree there were quite a few parts that went over-the-top, some of the insanity that went on at the last episode actually seemed somewhat reasonable to me, as twisted as that may seem.

I’m really surprised with how Makoto progressed through the anime. His immaturity and irresponsibility didn’t come out too much in the first few episodes of the series, but I guess people have their own kinds of personal curtains and triggers to their true personality. An example of such a trigger is how the whole “practice” touching instance with Sekai ended up stimulating Makoto’s inner desire aspect. I guess Makoto’s inner desire eventually became so unregulated in his conscious that he eventually lost all self-control to his desire for sex.

There is no doubt that Sekai unconsciously made several of mistakes that screwed herself and Makoto up, but I guess that’s how blinding sexual craving can be sometimes, especially when being “taught” (mainly towards Makoto’s case) that touching someone who you aren’t really *with* is “perfectly okay”.

Kotonoha herself is partially responsible for how things ended up with her own weakness. Even when it becomes blatantly obvious that Makoto has been cheating and even when Makoto himself tells her that he is no longer interested in her, Kotonoha remains blindly loyal to Sekai and ultimately ends up refusing to face reality. I find that last point a very dangerous trait in a human being, which is partially what made everything slightly reasonable to me when Kotonoha snapped at the end.

Sekai is probably one of the most confusing characters I’ve ever come across. Things about her just didn’t add up too much. From playing matchmaker between two different people and the same guy and then falling for that same exact guy herself is something I can’t understand. I guess her character flaw would be something similar to ignorance and a lack of consideration towards others, but then again, the lack of consideration is something that can be held constant for much of School Days’ characters. Having lied to herself about her pregnancy without actually confirming it is also something I can’t seem to get, along with the fact that she still wanted Makoto even then, despite everything he’s done.

So the lack of consideration, irresponsibility, and outright insanity goes full circle. Even though Kotonoha seems to be some kind of twisted “winner”, her final state seems as lifeless as the two other people who seemed to have died.

I gave the anime a 9 for how unexpectedly twisted it turned out. Despite how messed up it is to do that to people, reality is twisted like that, too, at times. I thoroughly enjoyed this anime despite some issues, and now I’m definitely, never going to cheat on a quiet, timid girlfriend.
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 20:16   Link #119
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Yesterday, I concluded the last episode to School Days TV anime, and now I'll be posting my last thoughts for the show.

It was about one year and a half to two years ago when I saw some pics of the School Days game, posted by someone at the AnimeSuki forums.

The pics pulled out an eye-popper on me, since the animation and visual design on those pics was top-notch.

The following months later I spent researching on the anime title for those pics, until I came with School Days. I read about it at wiki, and what caught my eye on the title were the spoilers about the infamous twisted endings in the game.

Not much time passed, until I started researching for the School Days animation clips at YouTube, and watching those bloody ends got me all hyped.

Then, on the last quarter of 2006 the anime TV series was announced.

The anime started as a seemingly innocent dating title, that I have no doubts it was reeking or screaming for harem.

But the twist about the male lead change the overall scope and tone of the series, that would inevitably lead to the twisted and fatal conclusion that bloodied the screen with hacked corpses and psychosis.

There is nothing plainly good about Makoto. He was a selfish, irresponsible bastard who only thought about quenching his urges and to satisfy his curiosity.

Spoiler:

If you ask me, I think that Setsuna is likely the main heroine of the show. She stood for Sekai, though she was very well awared about her feelings for Makoto. She made every attempt to grow sense and dedication on Makoto to look after Sekai, but too bad that she moved in overseas in the 11th episode.

If they plan to produce an anime adaptation of Summer Days, definitely, Setsuna is going to be the female main lead. I say this because I read that in the Summer Days game she's the main protagonist.

Anyways, it was nice ride made memorable by the infamous twisted, last episode.

The twisted finale would had worked even better if they had pulled out all the games' bad endings + plus one more.
Spoiler:

Ok. This was the fourth title I finished for the summer season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 03:08   Link #120
Deathwing
what do i know

....most messed up anime i have ever seen in my life with the second most disturbing ending (berserk is still my first most disturbing ending)
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote