AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-25, 03:05   Link #18681
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Closeup images of the MG 00 Qan[T]'s arms and legs. Also, GN Drive:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 03:08   Link #18682
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So, is one all we're gonna get it? Because it DOES have two.

I'd like to see how the second GN Drive is integrated into the shield.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 04:33   Link #18683
BurningChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So, is one all we're gonna get it? Because it DOES have two.

I'd like to see how the second GN Drive is integrated into the shield.
The GN Drive on the chest of 00Qan[T] closely resembles the GN Drive of Exia O.O...Me my self would also like to see the components of the newly designed GN Drive which is integrated in the shield.
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 05:30   Link #18684
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
hhmm....kinda weird that i manage to get hg raphael 1st before harute =x
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 05:46   Link #18685
Winchester

BTW, one thing that's struck me as odd for a bit - are there any other actual Gundams except the 00 Movie versions that don't have beam sabers in any form? Those are usually pretty much one of the inital distinguishing features that tells you you're looking at a gundam rather than a grunt suit (the other being the V-fin), since in the beginning of a gundam continuity no one else has them.

Are there any decent pictures available anywhere with the 00's shield in "shield mode"? The mounting angle of it on the arm is a bit awkward, and I'm hoping to figure out a decent pose with it for either my current HG kit or a possible second one...

Cheers,

SP
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 06:31   Link #18686
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
BTW, one thing that's struck me as odd for a bit - are there any other actual Gundams except the 00 Movie versions that don't have beam sabers in any form? Those are usually pretty much one of the inital distinguishing features that tells you you're looking at a gundam rather than a grunt suit (the other being the V-fin), since in the beginning of a gundam continuity no one else has them.
for a first for gundam(s) , not single 1 of them carry a beam saber
Old 2010-09-25, 06:34   Link #18687
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
for a first for gundam(s) , not single 1 of them carry a beam saber
Actually, the Seravee II carries beam sabers. It's the only one confirmed to do so though.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 06:36   Link #18688
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually, the Seravee II carries beam sabers. It's the only one confirmed to do so though.
but sadly didnt even use in the movie
Old 2010-09-25, 18:03   Link #18689
justavisitor

in 00's universe, beam saber is not good at all since it can't cut through a GN field...while I think even a Cherudium's pistol/axe can cut through the GN field!!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 18:07   Link #18690
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
in 00's universe, beam saber is not good at all since it can't cut through a GN field...
But not every GNMS can create a GN Field... Even then GN Beam Sabers were primarily used against targets with no GN ability whatsoever.

Quote:
while I think even a Cherudium's pistol/axe can cut through the GN field!!!
That would be because it uses GN Blades. I'm assuming Zabanya's can do the same.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 18:29   Link #18691
Vash1306
Pancakes

Plus using beam sabers during the movie would be dumb because everyone wants to stay away from the ELS :P
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 18:31   Link #18692
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'd say in the 00verse, beam sabers are the lowest quality of GN technology you can get. Only used last resort situations, can't penetrate GN Fields, they just aren't the weapon they use to be.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 18:34   Link #18693
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'd say in the 00verse, beam sabers are the lowest quality of GN technology you can get. Only used last resort situations, can't penetrate GN Fields, they just aren't the weapon they use to be.
I'm glad. Solid blades are kickass.
Old 2010-09-25, 19:07   Link #18694
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Both energy blades and solid-state blades have their pros and cons over one another. However, in the 00verse, the solid-state blade is often more useful simply because it can cut through GN-Fields easier--this includes the fields present in GN-Composite Armor. It is, as Lockon said, anti-Gundam weaponry, and since season 2, Celestial Being's most dangerous enemy, the Federation, utilizes GNMS as its mainstay weapon, hence the need for GN-Sword tech.

Never mind the sheer power present in the Condenser blade as shown in the GN-Sword III, it was only logical for CB to concentrate on developing that line of technology. Besides, there's really not much else you can do for beam sabers to develop them further; the Reborns Gundam is likely the pinnacle of such technology when it comes to practical application (Raiser Sword is not very practical, which is why I'm not including it here).
Old 2010-09-25, 19:50   Link #18695
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Besides, there's really not much else you can do for beam sabers to develop them further; the Reborns Gundam is likely the pinnacle of such technology when it comes to practical application (Raiser Sword is not very practical, which is why I'm not including it here).
So why not include Reborns-style beam sabers as a last resort? They seem to be pretty versatile in where they can be stored.
Old 2010-09-25, 19:57   Link #18696
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
So why not include Reborns-style beam sabers as a last resort? They seem to be pretty versatile in where they can be stored.
Because the Reborns' sabers utilized the high output of the TDS, which only the 00 Qan[T] can do.
Old 2010-09-25, 20:00   Link #18697
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Because the Reborns' sabers utilized the high output of the TDS, which only the 00 Qan[T] can do.
But why not equip them with the high-capacity GN Condensers the 00 (and most likely 00Q) used? They'd only be for last resort, so its not like you're going to be using them often.
Old 2010-09-25, 20:04   Link #18698
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
But why not equip them with the high-capacity GN Condensers the 00 (and most likely 00Q) used? They'd only be for last resort, so its not like you're going to be using them often.
Because those condensers were designed with the TDS in mind, too, and they can't really be used properly with a single GN-Drive, as the 007S/G proved.

Also we should take this to the tech thread before we get yelled at by Gundam's non-existent moderators.
Old 2010-09-25, 20:06   Link #18699
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Also we should take this to the tech thread before we get yelled at by Gundam's non-existent moderators.
Wait, the Gundam section has moderators?
Old 2010-09-25, 20:07   Link #18700
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Wait, the Gundam section has moderators?
Sometimes. When we remind them that there aren't any.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy