AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 13:51   Link #1
Yuutsu

The Winter Steam Sale

Wow, the Winter Steam sale has just begun! There are plenty of games currently on sale for great prices!

Some games that I really want to buy such as Mass Effect 1 and 2, or Borderlands are 25% off. It's still a great deal, but I'm wondering if Steam might discount them even further as the Christmas sale continues. Have they ever done this before?
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 19:28   Link #2
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Would have thought so. Think they were cheaper in the Thanksgiving sales.

Need to show restraint, don't have as much time nowadays to play but BF2 is tempting...
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 20:21   Link #3
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
Wow, the Winter Steam sale has just begun! There are plenty of games currently on sale for great prices!

Some games that I really want to buy such as Mass Effect 1 and 2, or Borderlands are 25% off. It's still a great deal, but I'm wondering if Steam might discount them even further as the Christmas sale continues. Have they ever done this before?
I'd hold out if I were you. Those 3 aren't daily sales, so there's a chance that they'll be in a daily sale and go for less later on. And if not... the Developer based sales last the entire sales period, I believe, so you should be fine waiting.

Hoping for a price drop on ME and TF2 myself... TF2 will almost certainly happen, at least.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 20:32   Link #4
Yuutsu

Thanks for the heads-up, xBTAx!

Man, the sale has only started for one day and I have already nabbed some incredible deals! I bought the Prince of Persia games (only $2.50 for the Sands of Time series), Bioshock for $5, and the Valve Complete Pack for $25!

Man, my jaw dropped when I saw the Valve Complete Pack for 25 bucks. I thought it was a mistake and immediately bought it. Turns out it was a mistake!!! Now it's being sold for $50, which is still a good deal (but not as awesome as what I got).
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote