AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 46 49.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 24.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-05, 06:04   Link #41
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i wonder what was the point of changing and rushing things up?maybe theyre worried about that bill thats coming to tokyo in mid-year and how that would affect a possible 3rd season.
if they dun rushed and changed some parts, almost half of the season will be on explanations and talks, which will probably affect the popularity of the anime....i guess
Old 2011-03-05, 06:14   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
if they dun rushed and changed some parts, almost half of the season will be on explanations and talks, which will probably affect the popularity of the anime....i guess
I realize after watching this episode that it's not the lack of details that bothers; but it's the lack of emotions being put into the scenes.

For example the despair and frustration of Accelerator when realizing that he cannot save Last Order and has abandon all hope of ever returning back his and her's normal peaceful lives, that should have received more focus in my opinion.

Likewise Index's desperation and Touma's conviction to save Hyouka no matter what deserved at least an emotional music score or something.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 06:56   Link #43
eiyuu99

They probably rushed on those parts in lieu for the upcoming battle for the two.
Hopefully they add some of said focus for Accelerator in a later episode.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 07:06   Link #44
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

so to me this ep gets 10 for awesome

1. It didn't feel rushed to me really. If im getting the general idea from an adaptation then its good.
2. What im waiting for next ep.. actually not gonna tell.
3.It looks like animation is doing good though also it seems next ep looks like my favorits kind of animation.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 07:17   Link #45
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So did Tsuchimikado take out that guy he was fighting?

Don't understand who Heaven Canceler is supposed to be, will he be brought up again?

The Touma and Accelerator interactions on the phone were great. Accelerator seemed to recognize the voice. I want to see a reunion already.

Accelerator just throw a building was awesome. Also epic was his entrance to face off against Kihara. Finally got LO back not just have to take out Kihara.

Found the Misaka part a little random, but at least she got some screen time and is helping. What was Index supposedly asking her on the phone?

Fuse Kazakiri was awesome, but Hyouka looked scary. The 2 fights for next week are set up nicely.
Old 2011-03-05, 07:40   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So did Tsuchimikado take out that guy he was fighting?
Technically no, Fuse=Kazakiri interrupt the fight by doing her impression of Ramel's Particle Laser Cannon.

Quote:
Don't understand who Heaven Canceler is supposed to be, will he be brought up again?
You don't know? Who the hell do you think he is?!

Quote:
Found the Misaka part a little random, but at least she got some screen time and is helping. What was Index supposedly asking her on the phone?
Index recognize parts of the Artificial Angel's construct, but because she doesn't understand AIM fields and their structure, she requires Misaka to explain it to her so that she can find the core of the Angel (Last Order) and undo the effects.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 07:57   Link #47
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Accelerator....

Too Cool XD
Old 2011-03-05, 08:16   Link #48
eiyuu99

Heaven Canceller will save you as long you haven't died. That's who he is.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 08:17   Link #49
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I have to say a pissed Accelerator is pretty damn scary as always. I mean tossing that building was definitely a show of frustration like nothing else. Did a pretty good job keeping his cool when on the phone, but can't blame him for losing it.
Yes, it always amazes me how this guy suddenly shifts from being apathetic to bat-shit crazy in a split second. His voice actor compliments well this crazy trait of his and has been doing a bang up job so far.

And I don't know what's more disturbing: Kazakiri with her angel form, or the fact that Kihara got turned on from seeing his fellow hounds get decimated by Accelerator (though no could really blame him, that grenade move was pretty sweet)
Old 2011-03-05, 08:30   Link #50
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Accelerator to Touma--->Don't die...O.o

ok ok he could mean:" becouse i must kill you" XD

but...WOW
Old 2011-03-05, 09:29   Link #51
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I feel better knowing I wasn't the only one who burst out laughing upon seeing Kazakiri's ahegao. It was so hilarious
I actually saw the pic yesterday but didn't pay attention to it, thinking it was from some random hentai.

The other highlight of the episode was Accelerator throwing a damn building across the city.
Yeah, both of them are pretty WTF, although for a different reason.

Hmm, I agree the episode feels a bit rushed, although I can still get a general idea of what's going on, and the action scenes are pretty damn cool. I suppose I'll take a look at the LN too, as there seems to be quite a lot of stuff omitted from the episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
When seeing the bad guys, Touma pulls Mikoto and not Index while he should pull both.

Well JC Staff I now know for who you're rooting, continue this way it pleases me.
Yep, despite Misaka clearly being the one who is much better at protecting herself out of the two of them...
Old 2011-03-05, 10:00   Link #52
Minagi Mikoto

Perfect! 10/10!

- Who's Tsuchimikado fighting with?! B.C. magic?!

- Touma talks with Accelerator without any of them knowing who the other side is!

- Accelerator attacks the main building of Academy City! And no effect!

- Aleister is SCARY! Really everybody else are just small fries to him!

- Vento is having a really bad time.

- FUSE KAZAKIRI!!!

- That's the Mikoto I know! Destroy, 3rd Level 5!

- Index is going to save her precious friend.

- Accelerator attacks Kihara again! Bringing a gun was a good idea. He is learning!

- I expected Fuse Kazakiri to be a better sight. Damn, what those guys have done to her?!

It seems that finally science and magic sides are really clashing; something that I've been waiting for so long!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 11:30   Link #53
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an ahegao...

As for Kazakiri V 13 appearance, well, here's the novel illustration.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 11:39   Link #54
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is an ahegao...

As for Kazakiri V 13 appearance, well, here's the novel illustration.
From danbooru:

Quote:
アヘ顔, where 顔 (_kao_) means face.

2ch/pixiv term for the weird face occasionally seen in H-games and much more in neta images. Canonically, ahegao has eyes rolled up, mouth open and tongue sticking out, like so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1FwGF4Y0Vk#t=02m05s

The English equivalent is usually fucked_silly.
Old 2011-03-05, 11:45   Link #55
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Out of a sudden, I felt like I shouldn't have asked...

Anyone else thought 'DYNAMIC ENTRY!' when Accelerator entered Kihara's hideout?
Old 2011-03-05, 12:23   Link #56
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
That skyscraper had it coming.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 12:58   Link #57
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

So has everything they've shown us up until now been a setup JUST for this arc? It certainly seems this way. All the little people, places, and so on were just tiny portions of this arc?

Which I'm loving by the way. ALOT

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 13:02   Link #58
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Sort of. You can say that the entire season was a build up for this.
Old 2011-03-05, 13:18   Link #59
Stefkov

Since the previous episodes felt like they were going at a reasonable/slowish pace, the past few episodes feel really quick. I don't know whether to think of this as Academy City suddenly being attacked, no-one knows exactly what's going on so it will feel like everything is coming thick and fast, or whether to think of it as the staff trying to cram in the best parts of this arc (which seems like all events up to now have been leading up to this) into the amount of episodes they have left.
It really is an awesome arc though. Accelerator throws a building (and hopefully does a little better in the next fight against Kihara) and Fuse Kazakiri (who I'd forgotten about, what even happened to her?) is now an artificial angel or something with Last Order as it's core?
Crazy.

I would really love to read this but (not sure if I can mention here) the novels on baka-tsuki haven't been fully translated before the 7th one.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 13:29   Link #60
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Index so far has been mainly buildup for the later light novels.

I'm still pissed off about Accel throwing a building instead of energy from the earth's rotation and about SATANIC not being used as an insert song (even though it would have been perfect).

I do agree that the thing the anime lacks is the conveying of emotions. When I was reading volume 13 for the first time, I was like ";_; NOOOO ACCEL" in that alleyway scene and "OMFG HELL YES" when he fired energy from the earth's rotation at the windowless building. Here, it's just...meh. The anime rushes things too much for the scenes to have any impact.

Also, to clear things up, Accel and Touma did not know the identity of the other person on the phone.

Quote:
I would really love to read this but (not sure if I can mention here) the novels on baka-tsuki haven't been fully translated before the 7th one.
Season 1 covers volumes 1-6 so there isn't really a need to read them first. I do recommend reading volumes 12 and 13 because they're epic, though.