AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-13, 00:05   Link #1
velocity7

Fate/stay night anime in production by Ufotable (Archive)

New Fate/stay night anime in production by ufotable.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7218659.html
Old 2013-07-13, 00:15   Link #2
John117xCortana

A remake of the original anime or are they doing Heaven's Feel?
Old 2013-07-13, 00:22   Link #3
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
A remake of the original anime or are they doing Heaven's Feel?
Well, the original Fate anime followed the Fate route pretty closely didn't it? And they have a whole movie following UBW. It would be logical for this anime to focus on HF; I've always felt HF was a more natural follow up from Fate/zero.
Old 2013-07-13, 04:04   Link #4
whitecloud

The rumor it is heavens feel route...Even though in the end its up to them to animate which one...even fate route is good too..., if they can how about continue straight to hollow ataraxia..hahaha
Old 2013-07-13, 05:23   Link #5
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Wow, first the news of a second season of Psycho-Pass, now this.
Old 2013-07-13, 06:00   Link #6
alviam099

This better be HF!! HF in my opinion was by far the best route on the VN, lemme see more Sakura!

And it's Ufotable eh? Any news on when it'll start?

Old 2013-07-13, 06:43   Link #7
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
This better be HF!! HF in my opinion was by far the best route on the VN, lemme see more Sakura!

And it's Ufotable eh? Any news on when it'll start?
I did hear something about ufotable promising on Twitter to show a PV that was shown after the new KnK movie sometime today.
Old 2013-07-13, 06:47   Link #8
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I seriously hope this is no joke and that it is a HF adaptation. If so it's a dream come true.
Old 2013-07-13, 06:50   Link #9
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

I'm only up to the Fate route so far, but how good would HF as a follow up? I know that's it's the darkest of the three routes and Zouken actually appears out of all of them, but wouldn't it make a bit more sense to make Arturia the main heroine instead of Sakura?
Old 2013-07-13, 07:33   Link #10
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
I'm only up to the Fate route so far, but how good would HF as a follow up?
You mean as in going from the Fate route to the Heaven's Feel adaption and skipping Unlimited Blade Works? If you are planning to do this I would recommend against it, because the anime will probably not cover everything from HF, because of its branching nature. For the best experience you should just read the whole visual novel.

Quote:
I know that's it's the darkest of the three routes and Zouken actually appears out of all of them, but wouldn't it make a bit more sense to make Arturia the main heroine instead of Sakura?
Every route has a different focus and events. Often the love interest of a route is an important part of those events. For this reason it wouldn't make much sense to make Saber the main heroine of Heaven's Feel, because it would remove the focus from what HF is really about. Which is Sakura's story and secrets.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-07-13 at 10:08.
Old 2013-07-13, 09:10   Link #11
kingofheroes

ive been keeping an eye on this topic on beasts lair since it was announced, so far the general opinion is heavens feel, but its not a definite til we see the preview whenever that gets uploaded to the web.
Old 2013-07-13, 09:25   Link #12
Shinhwa
Banned

This has to be Heaven's Feel. If it is remake, then it wouldn't make sense a bit, cause although it is old, it's still fine. COME ON HEAVEN'S FEEL COME ON. I WANT MY SABER ALTER ;w;

Also the fact Angra Mainyu, which was mentioned in Fate/Zero should be fully explained for those who only watch anime. In terms of terminology and events that happened in Fate/Zero, Heaven's Feel pretty much connects to it more compared to Fate and UBW route.

Last edited by Shinhwa; 2013-07-13 at 09:35.
Old 2013-07-13, 09:54   Link #13
Aesthetic Shampoo

Looks like i'm the only one that wants a Fate remake
Old 2013-07-13, 10:02   Link #14
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
You mean as in going from the Fate route to the Heaven's Feel adaption and skipping Unlimited Blade Works? If you are planning to do this I would recommend against it, because the anime will probably not cover everything from HF, because of its branching nature. For the best experience you should just read the whole visual novel.
Oh no, UBW is something I'll read for sure after Fate. I meant HF as a follow-up for Zero and anime-only watchers. Excuse me for not being clear on that.

Quote:
Every route has a different focus and events. Often the love interest of a route is important part of those events. For this reason it wouldn't make much sense to make Saber the main heroine of Heaven's Feel, because it would remove the focus from what HF is really about. Which is Sakura's story and secrets.
Makes sense. Might consider holding off HF until I finish the adaption, if they are adapting it that is.
Old 2013-07-13, 10:41   Link #15
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
I'm only up to the Fate route so far, but how good would HF as a follow up? I know that's it's the darkest of the three routes and Zouken actually appears out of all of them
It's not a "follow up", it's a different route.

Quote:
but wouldn't it make a bit more sense to make Arturia the main heroine instead of Sakura?
No, HF would not work at all with Saber as the main heroine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
Looks like i'm the only one that wants a Fate remake
We already have a Fate anime, why do we need another one? Particularly since we don't have a HF yet.

Quote:
Oh no, UBW is something I'll read for sure after Fate. I meant HF as a follow-up for Zero and anime-only watchers. Excuse me for not being clear on that.
Well, HF actually follows on from Zero reasonably well, because it probably covers more of the stuff that Zero brings up than the other two routes do. All the stuff about the Matou and Tohsaka families is completely ignored in Fate, for example, and Shirou's ideal gets development (although in different ways) in all routes.

Quote:
Makes sense. Might consider holding off HF until I finish the adaption, if they are adapting it that is.
The VN is likely to be a better choice if you're interested in the story, honestly. The anime will just make a good visualisation of that.
Old 2013-07-13, 10:58   Link #16
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post

We already have a Fate anime, why do we need another one? Particularly since we don't have a HF yet.

To be fair, we have had a precedent like this seven years ago, Kanon, the 2006 version, that still went with same girl in the end. So, a remake of Fate route would not be that unlikely.
Old 2013-07-13, 11:18   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

One thing is for sure, if it’s HF adaptation, I’m gonna have to wait for the BD episodes hoping to see those “Sakura scenes (and also some with Rider)” in their full glory, if you catch my drift . Please do it, Ufotable!
Old 2013-07-13, 16:08   Link #18
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I think if they do it correctly, they can make this series cover all three routes and finish it all off with the bit in Avalon. But in doing that would probably require more then 24 episodes. How they pulled off Fate/zero was amazing and I have faith in their ability to deliver.

Though asking them to cover all three routes to please the fans is a big order. If they remake the first route I'll be happy, if they make Heaven Feel I also be happy. So its a win, win in any situation.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:12   Link #19
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I'd rather have a KnK release model for this than a TV anime like F/Z. ufotable is better with that. We might have to wait a bit but it would be worth it in the long run imo.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:32   Link #20
ukulelembo
Detective

According to latest tweets and reports from 2ch, announcement teaser was a composition of scenes from all three routes with Emiya as bgm. So probably a complete remake. But still nothing officially confirmed.
Closed Thread