AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-08-10, 23:19   Link #1
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

[Manga] Hokage and 8 gates

What's your guys' take on the statement " 8 gates makes you stronger than a Hokage."

Does that mean a hokage should be able to handle a 7 gate Lee... Gai?

Can you see Tsunade taking on a 6th gate Gai?

Sandaime a 7 gate?
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 23:27   Link #2
cuttups
Cruiserweight Champion

I read this somewhere on this forum in another thread so I don't know how accurate it is, but someone was saying that in the book of characters in Naruto that most Jounin fight with the first gate open, so I imagine that someone at Kage level has mastered atleast some of the more powerful gates and uses them in fights if needed.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Sandaime had atleast the second or third gate open for the fight against Oro.
cuttups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 23:30   Link #3
tritoch

opening all the gates means suicide. That's like stated ages ago. But yes Jounins uses up to the 3rd gate (or so i read)

You can't put the gates on equal levels with Hokage. I mean maybe a jounin opening 5 gates is equal to a hokage fighting w/o opening his own gates.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 00:59   Link #4
Sankari

I don't know what to make of it, but its clear that 7 or 8 gates would be freaking insane. Just look at rock lee vs Gaara fight and look at his speed! Those punches/kicks he throws at him would definately have killed a normal person but Gaara's sand saved him from certain death. Gai for example is insanely fast and strong already as it is. Opening the gates should make him fearsome opponent to anyone out there. However, one needs to look further than that. Even if you have the speed and power someone can still beat you. Someone in the level of Hokage should have no problem coming up with a technique that could take this advantage away. Atleast in paper that is.

Gai in 8 gates and I'd go as far as to say that even people like Itachi would have problems keeping up with him EVEN if they saw the attacks coming, just like Rock Lee vs Sasuke, if you can see it but your body can't keep up with it, you can't win. Itachi has insane speed aswell but I don't think he is even nearly as fast as Gai, not to mention after 8 gates open. People seem to place Itachi at the levels of hokage so its only fair to imagine things from this perspective.
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 01:01   Link #5
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttups
I read this somewhere on this forum in another thread so I don't know how accurate it is, but someone was saying that in the book of characters in Naruto that most Jounin fight with the first gate open, so I imagine that someone at Kage level has mastered atleast some of the more powerful gates and uses them in fights if needed.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Sandaime had atleast the second or third gate open for the fight against Oro.

Jounins might only have the ability to use gates, but from the series only Gai and Lee have used them.

If Sandaime were using 2-3 gates you could tell b/c his eyes would turn white and chakara woudl emanate outta him.

Most ppl don't know how to open many gates and the ones that do choose not to since it does not fit there fighting style.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 02:37   Link #6
DriftingShinobi
A Drifting Shinobi

Actually Kakashi has used them as well (when he was scaling that peak one-handed). I agree with most of the posts here, reckon most Jounins open atleast 1 gate in serious fights. Btw, if u were to open all 8, you would die afterwards
DriftingShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 04:53   Link #7
Ichimaru

when u open 8 gates, u better make sure you kill ur opponent, when it runs out, ur dead if the opponent is not dead yet, cose they will counter attack when ur out of chakra
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 05:26   Link #8
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru
when u open 8 gates, u better make sure you kill ur opponent, when it runs out, ur dead if the opponent is not dead yet, cose they will counter attack when ur out of chakra
counter attack what... a corpse?
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 06:53   Link #9
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Didn't Gai open 8 gates VS Kisame?
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 07:04   Link #10
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

In my opinion most of you guys are probably wrong...I only noticed that Gai and Lee opened gates...this was obvious and clearly visible...and undeniable.

Gai used 6 gates to get rid of Kisame quickly...but used probably 0 gates when he kicked him (first meeting) and also 0 gates when fighting.

Opening the gates causes a huge strain on the body...and for example Kakashi a jounin we've seen alot of times in action didnt suffer from opening gates and definetly fought without it.

I am not even sure how many are "capable" of opening gates. Afterall Kakashi's face said enough about seeing Lee opening 5 gates. (I dont think Kakashi can open even 1 or 2 gates)

IF Sandaime the Hokage could open gates then he wouldnt need Shiki Fuujin.
[During Chuunin exam]
Lee (Genin LvL) if Lee used 8 gates he'd posses temp. "powers" greater then a hokage.
Sandaime ( Hokage LvL) would use 8 gates he'd posses temp. "powers" similair to the demons??!

I just dont know...
Old 2006-08-11, 08:34   Link #11
Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei
Didn't Gai open 8 gates VS Kisame?
He opened six gates, or perhaps JUST the sixth gate. It's never stated which.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 09:05   Link #12
Rurik
Golden

IMO, I say he opened the 6, because I don't think they can't be open in a random matter, but they need to be opened in a sequence.
Old 2006-08-11, 09:13   Link #13
tkdtiger

Kakashi opened one of the gates when he was climbing a cliff right?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 09:20   Link #14
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
I am not even sure how many are "capable" of opening gates. Afterall Kakashi's face said enough about seeing Lee opening 5 gates. (I dont think Kakashi can open even 1 or 2 gates)
You could easily draw the conclusion that he's only surprised because Lee is so young. It may well take most Shinobi a long time to learn to open even a single gate, such as until they reach Jounin level.
Soluzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 09:24   Link #15
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Gai used 6 gates to get rid of a Kisame clone quickly
Correcting the statement. Also bear in mind that Kisame in this clone was merely delaying team Gai and wasn't really trying to kill them in the least.

It is arguable whether or not Gai is faster than Itachi using 8 gates; but until that time is shown Itachi is the fastest person we have seen so far in the series - easy excluding the use of jutsus (which is where the 4th comes in).
Old 2006-08-11, 10:11   Link #16
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
Correcting the statement. Also bear in mind that Kisame in this clone was merely delaying team Gai and wasn't really trying to kill them in the least.
Which doesn't change the fact that the clone was no enemy for 6th gate Gai. We really can't say who is stronger... Gategai or Kisame.
Quote:
It is arguable whether or not Gai is faster than Itachi using 8 gates; but until that time is shown Itachi is the fastest person we have seen so far in the series - easy excluding the use of jutsus (which is where the 4th comes in).
But how can you say Gai is slower than Itachi?
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 10:18   Link #17
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Kisame in this clone was merely delaying team Gai and wasn't really trying to kill them in the least.
Accidental deaths are highly possible especially if you are facing a monster like Kisame, who has no desire to control the extent of his powers. So, I think, he was trying his best to kill Gai. But he (or his highly advanced clone) failed at the instant Gai opened his 6th gate.
Quote:
I would be glad if you can back up your statement of Itachi being the fastest we have seen, preferably using facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
(I dont think Kakashi can open even 1 or 2 gates)
I am not sure if it is also the case in the manga, but I believe in the anime Kakashi opened a gate just before his special training with Sasuke starts when he was climbing the mountain.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 11:04   Link #18
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I would be glad if you can back up your statement of Itachi being the fastest we have seen, preferably using facts.

Not that it is a fact that he is the fastest, but I went back trough every Character, and to tell you the truth, none has bee presented to be as fast as Itachi so far, so Axtayanax Quote is quite correct.

With Sasuke new speed, he is still saying that he is Weaker than Itachi…I guess we have not seen anything faster as of now.

But if you have seen in this manga somebody faster than Itahci, I will be glad for you to tell us who.
Old 2006-08-11, 11:09   Link #19
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Not that it is a fact that he is the fastest, but I went back trough every Character, and to tell you the truth, none has bee presented to be as fast as Itachi so far, so Axtayanax Quote is quite correct.

With Sasuke new speed, he is still saying that he is Weaker than Itachi…I guess we have not seen anything faster as of now.

But if you have seen in this manga somebody faster than Itahci, I will be glad for you to tell us who.
I have seen Gai, and we haven't really observed a serious Gai other than his 6th gate version. And what we have doesn't actually represent a comparison between those two.

And Sasuke still doesn't have MS, so he will definitely be the weaker one.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 11:11   Link #20
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
That's not a fact... so I don't think we can say his post is correct. We only saw Itachi "fight" against Jiraiya and Kakashi (nonflashback).
Of course he was fuc*ing fast but we don't have a statement that he is the fastest.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote