AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 24.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 5.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 7.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-16, 06:02   Link #221
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post

Which plot hole critics claim cannot be explained right now? Give me a good one.
Well, since you insist...Shu didn't even have to look into the eyes to do that backhand void grab that one episode. And void disappearing, how do they work?

But yea, I find myself agreeing to, like what you guys say, why over-analyse? The series is pretty damn entertaining at the moment, plot holes that are noticed give me a good laugh from time to time, and that's good enough for me to keep watching on a weekly basis. It's not like this is some higher art form to be appreciated.
Old 2012-02-16, 09:16   Link #222
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Gyahaha, told you guys that gai was still alive *runs*

The scarf thing always makes me chuckle.... is it really cold out?

Oh, and, there's a lot of pages, which I don't feel like reading due to the er, you know..... but forgive me if this has already been answered, but who won the chess game? Should I think that since that cell phone freak was out and about, that means he won?
Old 2012-02-16, 09:50   Link #223
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Well, since you insist...Shu didn't even have to look into the eyes to do that backhand void grab that one episode. And void disappearing, how do they work?
The Genome didn't change or evolved. When I saw Gai use his own void I knew then there was more to the conditions that exist then. THE condition to look into someone's eye is misleading: The purpose of looking into the eye is what's important. The Genome gave him the power to read people's hearts(Shu tells Hare he can read them), based on the original power of the Virus that makes others able to view other people's hearts. Looking at another persons eye probably makes it easier for him in the early stages. If the condition is to be able to read a person's heart to pull out the Void, rather than looking into someone's eye, then by training to use the Genome's passive power to read people's hearts eliminates the need to look into someone's eye.

As for Void disappearing we can use Argo's and that Boomerang Void as part of the example.

One poster theorized that the void won't disappear when it's active, much like how Argo's Blackhole Generator and that Boomerang acted in the episode. If this is the condition of how it works then it doesn't add up when Shu was able to switched Voids during episode 11.

However, if the condition is that the current user wants it to go away, then everything is clear. The girl just dropped her void. She didn't wish it to disappear. It would disappear faster if she did. But the beams caught it. This would also explain why people other than Shu can use their own voids.
Old 2012-02-16, 11:15   Link #224
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
But yea, I find myself agreeing to, like what you guys say, why over-analyse? The series is pretty damn entertaining at the moment, plot holes that are noticed give me a good laugh from time to time, and that's good enough for me to keep watching on a weekly basis. It's not like this is some higher art form to be appreciated.
Haha, that's what I meant, like this episode I was like "Wait, isn't the void supposed to be....oh, a plot hole. Okay, moving on to the story." I don't let it bother me much now when I was watching the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
However, if the condition is that the current user wants it to go away, then everything is clear. The girl just dropped her void. She didn't wish it to disappear. It would disappear faster if she did. But the beams caught it. This would also explain why people other than Shu can use their own voids.
Another plot hole that another user pointed out: The girl didn't faint when clearly she's not holding the void.

I don't know, unless somehow Shu going all be Lelouch-like and started to experiment how many seconds for the voids to disappear, whether there somehow a range for eye contact or it is not needed and whether being forced or not determines how the void goes away these simply all assumptions that will highly not confirmed as there only about 6 episodes left. That's why I like to summarize all the inconsistencies as plot hole unless explained otherwise later.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-17 at 22:36.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:42   Link #225
inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
About that.... how thye h*ll people know that Hare die because of her void?
Only Yahiro know about it, right?
Did he start the rumor himself?
(Or spies from GHQ so they can start chaos when they need it?)
you know what i just realized that too... those GHQ guys are some real bastards.. they've been toying with those kids all for the sole purpose of
Spoiler for no.. way!:

Spoiler for realized that this might b a spoiler:
Old 2012-02-16, 18:14   Link #226
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
Most anime have good script and plot structure even the ones who have the most boring plot or idea.
As a writer, I'd have to beg to differ. I am 50x more critical of most scripts (to anime, movies, video games, tv shows, books -- EVERYTHING) than the average person, so that may sound pretty harsh. However, this still does not prevent me from enjoying things, because luckily I'm able to put JUST enough (but def not all) of my biases aside in order to get pleasure from out of something.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-17 at 22:44. Reason: pointless bit removed!
Old 2012-02-20, 18:04   Link #227
jcdietz03

"If you die in The Matrix...do you die here?"
"The body cannot live without the mind."

This episode reminds me of that quote...in that their lives are tied to their void.
Closed Thread