AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-06-12, 15:07   Link #41
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think this chapter confirms that Sasuke wants to rule with power, and it seems to me that in the end he wants to rule not only Konoha but also all villages. It was the theme for the 2 sons of the sage of 6 paths too, now we have Sasuke and Naruto. It's not a coincidence that while Naruto is friends with his summon the snake boss calls Sasuke "Sasuke-sama".

BTW i don't fully understand Sai's reaction to Sasuke's words "burn it down". Was that a mistranslation?
the one i read sasuke simply said "Burn" which i thought fit since they just lit fire to the juubis back (seemingly missing that dogone cocoon looking thing)

it didnt appear, to me at least, that sai was responding to that statement tho. its more like sai (afte that epic fail) ended up next to jugo and just decided to get further insight in sasukes earlier statements about hokage and such.

as for "sasuke-sama", did he rise to the pinnacle of snake power/sage sometime off screen?!!? oh boy...
Old 2013-06-12, 15:19   Link #42
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
as for "sasuke-sama", did he rise to the pinnacle of snake power/sage sometime off screen?!!? oh boy...
The relationship from team 7 to their summoned beasts says all about them.

Sakura addresses the slug with "-sama", so Sakura shows respect to it.
Sasuke's Snake addresses Sasuke with "-sama", so it shows respect to Sasuke.
Neither Naruto nor his frog calls the other "-sama". This is because both view each other as "friends". Also I don't remember Naruto using that suffix at all during the last 634 chapters...
Old 2013-06-12, 15:24   Link #43
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
it didnt appear, to me at least, that sai was responding to that statement tho. its more like sai (afte that epic fail) ended up next to jugo and just decided to get further insight in sasukes earlier statements about hokage and such.
Well we also see how Sasuke was drawn in a dark style by Kishimoto, which usually means evil or at least ruthless. But you are right, re-reading it i realized Sai was referring to Sasuke's earlier words.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 15:44   Link #44
Xion Valkyrie

Orochimaru isn't so much as evil as just someone with no morals who does whatever he wants. Right now letting Madara win is going to ruin his long term goals so that's why he's going to help the alliance. Once Madara is removed there's probably nobody who is capable of beating him anyways, especially since he's seemingly immortal.

Also, he's probably going to enjoy seeing Tsunade's response to him helping her.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 15:58   Link #45
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Being evil and lonely for so long, may be Orochimaru just want a soul mate by helping Tsunade?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 16:10   Link #46
Po9

Hiya ALL

Here is what I think is going to go down.

Oro finishes off the 5 kages then bring them back to life. With full control over the 5 kages he now goes to help Sasuke.

Oro then cancel the jetsu on the first(after the first kills off bad boy mara). Then also takes full control of the 2nd 3rd and 4th. Like how he did with his fight with the third.

Sasuke with his new group of kages attempts to kill every living ninja around. Because what he truly took from the story the first told him. Is that the true root of all the problems is the ninjas themselves. Not a village, a clan or 1 person but everyone.

Why does Oro help him? Because he still wants his body. Hoping after this battle sasuke will be weak and easy to take.
Po9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 16:36   Link #47
itachi-san314

there's no way sasuke is going to change again this quickly. yes he's still dark, he always has been ever since the first couple chapters when he said he had to kill a certain someone as a young kid in team 7. 'burn' refers to the fire tech he just shot and 'it' refers to the juubi. not too complicated really.

also, orochimaru isn't going to turn bad just yet. it's too soon. he'll fix up tsunade and the other kages and keep pretending to be good until the time is right to strike. we were right that he would go to the wounded kages, but i sincerely hope we're wrong about him edo-tensei-ing jiraiya... please let him rip kishi...

it's funny to see juugo and sai jealous about team 7. they are both pretty failed characters that started off interesting and could have been cool. and minato... why didnt he just name rasengan the swirly death ball of fun destruction?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 16:43   Link #48
Alchemist007
*Author

Ever since the very conversation they flashed back to talking about wind and fire elements complementing each other, I've been looking forward to Naruto and Sasuke doing something with fire and the Rasen Shuriken. AT LAST!
Old 2013-06-12, 17:07   Link #49
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

If Kishi is using Sasuke's new found goodness as a short term excuse for him to team up with everyone only for him to betray them later on, That would be kind of awful.
Old 2013-06-12, 18:25   Link #50
Midnight Commander

Quote:
That seems to be the proper etiquette when the summoned beings interact with their summoners, at least for the most part; the summoned beings themselves express different personalities. Its worth noting though, that the slug addresses Tsunade as “sama” as as well. It's just that Naruto, Jiraiya, and the whole frog entourage all have relatively goofy/silly personalities, and consequently deal with each other very informally, especially in the case of Naruto and Gamakichi, since they practically grew up together.

On the other hand Manda didn't even address Orochimaru as “sama”, let alone Sasuke, who to him must have looked like some wet behind the ears smug little kid. Aoda likely met Sasuke when he was already relatively mature, and probably doesn't have a long history with him, so theres not much to their interaction but simply following orders as per their contract.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2013-06-12 at 18:36.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 18:31   Link #51
sayde

Just realized Hinata's twin lion Sixty-Four Palms combination got off-paneled. Damn it Kishi.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 21:02   Link #52
Casshern

We all know how Manda ended up Aoda probably realized that it's better to just keep his mouth shut
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 21:15   Link #53
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
That seems to be the proper etiquette when the summoned beings interact with their summoners, at least for the most part; the summoned beings themselves express different personalities. Its worth noting though, that the slug addresses Tsunade as “sama” as as well. It's just that Naruto, Jiraiya, and the whole frog entourage all have relatively goofy/silly personalities, and consequently deal with each other very informally, especially in the case of Naruto and Gamakichi, since they practically grew up together.

On the other hand Manda didn't even address Orochimaru as “sama”, let alone Sasuke, who to him must have looked like some wet behind the ears smug little kid. Aoda likely met Sasuke when he was already relatively mature, and probably doesn't have a long history with him, so theres not much to their interaction but simply following orders as per their contract.
the one i read had "sakura-chan" with sakura calling the slug katsuya-sama. but its probably as you say, the summons are following orders as per their contract.

i wonder tho...
Old 2013-06-12, 21:29   Link #54
itachi-san314

Quote:
the one i read had "sakura-chan" with sakura calling the slug katsuya-sama. but its probably as you say, the summons are following orders as per their contract.

i wonder tho...
yea it doesnt seem to be consistent. i dont remember exactly, but i think hiruzen and enma were on equal grounds. that or hiruzen called him enma-sama. i dont think it's contract related. i think it's all on a personal level. in sasuke's case, he probably controls the snakes using force so they call him sama out of respect. the toads and monkeys dont seem to respond to force and are more like equals or at least respected comrades and act because they want to help. and the slugs are just nice lol
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 22:24   Link #55
Midnight Commander

Quote:

i wonder tho...
Yes, but I was pointing out that it referred to Tsunade as "sama", not Sakura. I think it may call Sakura "chan" since it likely met her when she was very young.

Quote:
but its probably as you say, the summons are following orders as per their contract.

No sorry, I'm wrong. The contract doesn't necessarily guarrantee the being's cooperation. I got this confused with something else since the summoning and sacrificing elements are similar.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2013-06-12 at 23:04.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 01:26   Link #56
Cookie-Monster

Where are lee and Gai?
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 01:57   Link #57
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Aoda was being inferior to his master Sasuke.
Naruto and Gamakichi both matched each others' wavelengths.
Sakura showing respect to Katsuyu' and Katsuyu being such a benign slug.

The new generation really kicks ass. Now, we shall see what happened to Tsunade and the other kage(s). I wonder if her body is still separated.

Sai that's nice. You shall talk more next chapter.
Old 2013-06-13, 06:21   Link #58
Monster0

I've read two different translations,and they both can make one feel differently about what's happening.

Good or bad doesn't matter,everyone thinks what they do is the best idea.So whatever Sasukes plan is it's with best intentions.Whether it be for his benifit or others doesn't matter either.He thinks he's right.

Sai whispers to the slug ,what could he know to tell other then" i feel suspicious"?

Well Sasuke's future actions surprise us ?Some think it would be predictable for him to lets say become the ten tails jinchuriki and try to over power and rule the world.On the the other hand it can be equally predictable for him to sacrifice himself to give others ( Naruto ) power. I can imagine the story incorporating both mixed together.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 07:59   Link #59
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasumi View Post
it's not like her lower half is stuck under the tree, so it can still be used.
hahahahaha :d
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:04   Link #60
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po9 View Post
Hiya ALL

Here is what I think is going to go down.

Oro finishes off the 5 kages then bring them back to life. With full control over the 5 kages he now goes to help Sasuke.

Oro then cancel the jetsu on the first(after the first kills off bad boy mara). Then also takes full control of the 2nd 3rd and 4th. Like how he did with his fight with the third.

Sasuke with his new group of kages attempts to kill every living ninja around. Because what he truly took from the story the first told him. Is that the true root of all the problems is the ninjas themselves. Not a village, a clan or 1 person but everyone.

Why does Oro help him? Because he still wants his body. Hoping after this battle sasuke will be weak and easy to take.
Love it love it. Hope this happens. Nice post sir.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion