AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Kanon - 2006 - Characters Poll II (Multiple Choice!)
Yuuichi 219 42.28%
Ayu 235 45.37%
Nayuki 219 42.28%
Shiori 168 32.43%
Makoto 159 30.69%
Mai 263 50.77%
Akiko 71 13.71%
Akiko's Jam 101 19.50%
Kaori 49 9.46%
Jun 33 6.37%
Mishio 29 5.60%
Sayuri 157 30.31%
Piro 53 10.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 518. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-23, 15:10   Link #61
Shana

Makoto, Sayuri, Shiori, Akiko's jam, Yuuichi and Mai have my vote.

Makoto, pretty bad ending to this beautiful girl, she cautive my heart, she's so cute .
Sayuri, her past is so tragic, i love her determination.
Shiori, her sister are horrible, 'excluse' Shiori from her family... I admire Shiori.
Akiko's jam, lol.
Yuuichi-kun, *fangirl*.
Mai, an Rei Ayanami (or Nagato Yuki) reply XD lol, i love her, simply.

One question: why the Uguu don't participe?
Old 2007-03-23, 21:43   Link #62
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungTaisa View Post
i thought ppl didnt like Makoto or her arc because ppl thought her arc was too long and that, (and I paraphrase from i forgot) just like Windows ME, Makoto "took forever to shut down" or something like that.
anywayz forgot who i voted for besides shiori and akiko's jam.
shiori because i have a soft spot for "innocent-type" girls...makes me wanna squeeze her until her head pops off...
akiko jam because of how mysterious it is... i am a bit sad that i didnt get to see it again in the last episode besides nayuki and them talking about it...however i did like kaori's reaction after hearing that the jamu still exists...i was actually hoping to see everyone which include mai, sayuri, ayu, and jun to get together at nayuki's home where akiko plan to serve her jamu...i can see what would happen to mai...
akiko: "Mina, how about trying some of this special jam i made?"
u1, nayuki, kaori (maybe ayu) spooked: "ahh i have to do something...be right back" (then smartly escapes).
mai walks to u1 a few minutes later
u1: "ahh mai how was the jam?"
mai: "u1, how dare you."
U1: "so you tried it?"
mai: "u1, i got my power back already you know..."
u1 dissappointed. walks back to the kitchen and sees shiori and jun and sayuri (and maybe ayu) in a state of paralysis after tasting the jam...
mai to u1: "u1, don't worry i didnt tell them about it..."
kaori shaking shiori and jun, trying to snap them out of it...

LOL! Sayuri was also taught not to waste food, so more jam for her. (I feel sorry for her) I may consider voting her.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 22:35   Link #63
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

In the first poll, I voted the "home cooking" contingent (Yuuichi, Nayuki, Ayu, Makoto, Akiko, Piro and The Jam!), this time I said the heck with it and voted for everyone!

Because they all need love too (especially Jun!)

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 05:34   Link #64
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Previously:
Akiko's Jam, Ayu, would be Yuuichi, but forgot to select him... and Shiori.

This time:
1. Yuuichi.
*fangirls* Caring helpful guy. Got the looks and style. Quite romantic but not cheesy.

2. Ayu.
A very cute girl. Knowing that she's still alive made me very, very happy.

I agree, Kanon is one of those stories in which you end up liking everyone, which's my case. After Ep 22, I even ended up liking Makoto whom used to irritate me. And that's why I didn't vote for Shiori nor the rest of the cast because I like them all.
Old 2007-03-24, 06:03   Link #65
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

In the first poll I voted Yuuichi, Ayu, Shiori and Mai.

I confirm my previous choices except Mai (nothing against her, but I don't want to vote more than 5), whom I switch with Nayuki. And I add Sayuri.

1 line comments (I've already said a lot in the overall impression thread, so there's no need to emphasize again) :

Ayu - she's the engine moving the whole Kanon world we have seen. And she owns the almighty power of the uguu .

Yuuichi - if Ayu is the engine, Yuuichi is her fuel. An excellent male lead with an impressive amount of guts.

Shiori - I'll never change my opinion about this delightful and beautiful girl who is so strong to face death everyday with a smile.

Nayuki - Inner strength, determination. Proudly stand, never give up. Fight-o !!

Sayuri - the most dramatic character of the series, with a shivering past she must carry on her fragile shoulders, and an unforgettable trademark as the "ahaha".

As a bonus, Piro. That fluffy little thing is probably the cutest of the entire anime. And everytime he "meows", a smile occurs.

But really, my will was that of voting nearly everyone, since all of the characters were likeable in their own way
Old 2007-03-28, 05:31   Link #66
Raniie

I basically voted for everyone... except Mishio. There's just isn't enough developement and progression for her. Which is a real shame.

I'm glad to see Jun getting a bit more votes this time, but still not much from what he has done, eh?

Akiko receiving lesser love from the fans this time around... must've been the abruptive pacing of her return... eh?

Overall, the supporting character roles aren't receiving much attention in the polls, they pretty much evening out each other. With the exception of Sayuri. Since she was explored more than just a side character.

But I wonder what happened to Makoto this time around. She has dropped almost rock bottom... getting only a little bit more love than supporting characters and losing to Sayuri by a huge margin.

Tho the amount of voters for this new poll is nearly half less than the old one. (at the time of this post)
Raniie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 05:34   Link #67
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
Shiori's arc. The tragedy, sadness and her strenght made me vote for her.
Ayu too. I just felt some strage attraction for her so i voted...
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 05:54   Link #68
Lost

Lol, Yuuichi rises above all, really. Being able to endure all the shit that came his way, and yet smile and joke within them; he definitely emerged a stronger person. As for the girls, I'm voting for Ayu, Mai, Nayuki and Shiori.

lol @ Akiko's jam. That certainly had character.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 05:57   Link #69
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ well if you think about it kyon also took a lot of crap comming for haruhi maybe i would be a good idea to have a place where you can vote for either kyon or yuuichi ~ i wonder who will be the victor then

neways shiori needs more love *waves flag*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-03-28 at 06:13.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 06:07   Link #70
Lost

Yes, if you think about it, Kyon's crap came from Haruhi. In contrast, Yuuichi's came from... from life, is the best I can put it. And in all of them, they occurred to someone close to him, and worse, he had some hand, directly (Makoto/Mai) and indirectly in them. All of them mind you; that makes what, 5 times. That's more than Haruhi's main cast. Basically, he suffered, he suffered more than Kyon ever did. OMG can a comparison like that even be made??
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 04:55   Link #71
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

i chose mai and saiyuri, fave kanon girls since

Mai = Hotness =

Saiyuri = Hotness =

...also, they're my fave Yuri pairing as of now

...and also can't get enough of Saiyuri's "~Ahaha" i want it as my ringtone!

also chose Jun since his costume reminded me of D1 Driver Manabu Orido (BTW, although it's off, who also watches D1 Grand Prix?) who apparently has a racing suit similar to Jun's costume

also chose Akiko's Mystery Jam since i wanna eat it so badly for some reason
shinn_asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 02:16   Link #72
McMilk
*Artist

Mai is still on top of the list for me.
Old 2007-04-04, 00:03   Link #73
Celia
Hikikomori

Send a message via AIM to Celia
Makoto: Makoto was, is, and always will be my favorite Kanon girl. I am always attracted to the anoyingly hyperactive girls with a completely tragic past. I am also an avid animal lover, so the fact that she was an abandoned fox just looking for her family and love made me just fall in love with her even more. The scene where she drops Piro, and the subsequent argument between her and Yuuichi broke my heart, especially as he drew his hand back to slap her and... Her reaction was heartbreaking.
Shiori: Shiori is closely following Makoto, and is my second favorite Kanon girl. Pretty much oposite of my love of Makoto, I love the way Shiori is so calm all the time. I also love her way of putting things into metaphor, such as describing herself as "Cinderella" because she could not go to the ball. She is just so sincere in everything she does, and the way she can force a smile until the end is something I strongly admire in her. I also really admire her philosophy on things, she just comes off to me as the deepest character in Kanon. Even though I like the character and story of Makoto so much, if anything Shiori's story is the one that actually got me thinking, and I feel that in the long run she will leave the strongest impression on me.
Ayu/Nayuki: Ayu and Nayuki are my third favorite girls in Kanon. Both of them touched my hearts equally. I can't really elaborate on why I like these two, I just... like them.

So, the only main Kanon girl I didn't vote for is Mai. I do like Mai, although her story didn't touch me nearly as much as the rest of them. I suppose I was never one to fall in love with the ever-silent girls. I can't quite say why, but I find them to be boring, flat characters.
Celia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 16:54   Link #74
Crystal Requiem

Send a message via MSN to Crystal Requiem
Makoto is my personal favorite of the series. She's just so cute and silly. Ayu would be my second favorite, and Nayuki my third. I'm very much like Nayuki when it comes to sleep.

The series made me cry so much....

EDIT: Haha, I thought the option Akiko's Jam was hilarious.

Last edited by Crystal Requiem; 2007-05-21 at 16:55. Reason: Forgot to add something.
Crystal Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 11:42   Link #75
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Nayuki is my favorite character!!! ^^..already caught my attention the most when I first saw her...X3

Somehow I always get this strange thought to say screw Ayu and Yuuiichi....

Ayu is just a bit annoying I guess..
Yuuiichi just always was annoying even though being the main character
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 19:20   Link #76
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Shiori ~ my fave of all... fighting an acute sickness is just awesome... of course .. to survive is to win...

Sayuri ~ Ahaha-tan is so kawaii + a nice story background...

Ayu ~ Uguu=Power=Pwnage.....
Old 2007-06-02, 05:29   Link #77
kazune-kun

Ayu - Cutest girl in the series, cutest voice. Uguu~
Nayuki - She reminds me of how I am during the morning. I can never wake up early even I set up a bunch of alarm clocks. She's also very understanding and doesnt get jealous. Or at least she doesnt show it.
Makoto - I like characters like her. Was once a fox demon then gave up all her memories just to spend half of her remaining life with a boy who took care of her for a month.
Kaori - She was so mean to her own little sister Shiori. Mean girls ftw!
Sayuri - Great cook, pretty face, cute voice, ~ahaha
Akiko's Jam - Hahaha
kazune-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 21:44   Link #78
himemiya613

Mai - shes so cute, especially the little version of her, i wonder why i keep calling her setsuna ???
ayu - i think her story was the best, uguu
makoto - i think she made me cry the most :'(
himemiya613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 06:00   Link #79
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

There is only one to whom I would pledge Mai eternal and undying chivalric loyalty. Mai queen, Mai goddess, Mai one and only. Kawasumi-sama recieves my vote, and twenty more if I could.

Of course, Mishio is a highly underrated character who does deserve more recognition than she gets as Makoto's "compensation prize". So she gets one extra point.
Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 18:18   Link #80
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Well, given the liberty to vote for more than one character, I voted for Yuuichi, Nayuki, Shiori, and Mai. Though, if I had one vote, it'd be for Shiori. She was the most down-to-earth character, in my opinion. I think her arc portrayed a sort of innocent love [it gets me every time], and in the end she went and faced her situation [and I was glad she survived]. Haha, and plus, I think I have a preference to her type of personality.

Mai is close behind, and by looking at the poll, I don't feel like I need to explain why. Yuuichi is tied with Mai.

I'm amused because Akiko's Jam is beating Akiko.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote