AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-06-17, 22:16   Link #501
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

lol. Well, Lakers are down 27 at the end of the third quarter, and Boston has had... too many steals.

It might be a bit too early to say, but I'm going to guess that the Celtics are going to take it.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 22:36   Link #502
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Lakers had no heart, especially Gasol. I'm shocked at how Spain managed to win the World Championships with him.

Utterly embarrassing.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 22:38   Link #503
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Lakers 78, Celtics 113 with 5 minutes remaining. No way Lakers can score 35 in like 5 minutes. Game over.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 23:01   Link #504
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I wonder who's gonna be the MVP? Pierce or Garnett?
Old 2008-06-17, 23:59   Link #505
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Horrible performance by the Lakers. They don't even deserve to be in this Finals.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:10   Link #506
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I never ever want to see Kobe mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. In a series where it counted and where he more than arguably had the better trio he came up very very short.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:24   Link #507
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
I never ever want to see Kobe mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. In a series where it counted and where he more than arguably had the better trio he came up very very short.
Kobe definitely did not have a better trio. Odom and Gasol hardly ever showed up and had no physical presence for the majority of the series. Odom wasn't horrible tonight but Gasol looked like he was possessed by Kwame Brown.

Atrocious man-on-man defense and horrible team defense killed the Lakers. Lakers bench also got thoroughly outplayed in almost every game by the Celtics bench.

The better and more hungry team won.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:38   Link #508
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
I think Kobe has great talent that puts him up their with some of the greats but really though Jordon was just so beyond everyone else. Kobe is a great player, there was no way he could carry his team on his shoulders against a team like the Celtics.

And you think the lakers had the better trio?
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:39   Link #509
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Horrible performance by the Lakers. They don't even deserve to be in this Finals.
They should be, and I also couldn't believe myself that the Spurs where eliminated by 4-1.

What a bad game to end for the Lakers, they should've put up a fight through-out the series. Game 4 was a disaster for them, and game 6 was even more worse.

Kudos to the Celtics. They've gone through a tough road in the playoffs going through game 7's from the 3 rounds against the Hawks, Cavs and Pistons. They deserve the title more and also Pierce as MVP.
Old 2008-06-18, 00:54   Link #510
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

On paper the Lakers trio have the edge, what they did in the series was completely different. And if you consider the triangle offense they run it's tailor made for their personnel.

Ray allen shoots, that's about it. Not a good defender, downright poor and coming into this series wasn't shooting all that well either. Part of the reason he was traded from the Bucks to the Sonics for Gary Payton in 02 or 03?was how horrific he'd become on defense as a bucks fan yeah that sucked, he can and always will score, but he's just as likely to give up just as many. Odom gets the edge here while not a great scorer or defender he is competent, and his all around game is better now (14, 11, 3 vs 17, 4, 3). Gasol (17, 10)isn't anywhere near the level of Garnett, but you expect him to be at least going double double and at least being a threat. Historically, Kobe >>>>> Paul Peirce. Paul Peirce has never ever been close to being a serious MVP candidate. Kobe is and has been perennially since he came into the league. Even prior to this season, the head to head matchups post Shaq in LA era were horribly one sided. Coaching wise Phil Jackson historically >>>> Doc Rivers. The Celtics Bench is superior to the Lakers, only Derek Fisher is really worth noting, PJ Brown, Sam Cassell, James Posey can still start for a lot of teams.
Old 2008-06-18, 00:54   Link #511
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Kudos to Celtics, but I think the Lakers will undoubtedly the best team next year with the return of Andrew Bynum. Very scary to even think about how that could play out. The X factor in this case will be motivation.
Old 2008-06-18, 03:03   Link #512
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Kudos to Celtics, but I think the Lakers will undoubtedly the best team next year with the return of Andrew Bynum. Very scary to even think about how that could play out. The X factor in this case will be motivation.
Fisher will be grandpa next year (and he was key in many games this year, when Kobe was fighting his bad games, those games are also known as the games he was playing with injury). And, the rest of the core will be around 30. Kobe showed his age this year, in terms of injuries and performance drops (his teammates were compensating that to some extent). Who knows how much healthy will he be this time next year. (I think Spurs is a good place to look for an example, so as the Pistons.) The same can be said for Boston, but at least they will have a better path reaching that end, unlike Lakers who have to face again a stronger west.

I would like to see how the critics are going to evaluate the result (they were overly criticizing the Lakers all throughout the series, but, now that everything has ended, they can start to look ahead, to the next season). Those people were literally lynching anyone who was giving Boston a chance before the series started.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 08:12   Link #513
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Not sold on Bynum. 35 games of any good. 2 years of nothing. Not much else. Firstly, for a reported "bone bruise" it sure has taken a long time. Secondly if the team stays intact where do his shots come from. I'm not surprised if they trade him or Odom for Artest. Scoring isn't their problem, their problem is they don't have a bastard on their team that will get rough with people. Look at the Celtics they had two notoriously tough guys/enforcers and that made all the difference.
Old 2008-06-23, 11:38   Link #514
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Okay, NBA Draft this Thursday. Who's Chicago going to draft?

My money is on Derrick Rose, but at this point, it could be either him or Michael Beasley. Also, what will Miami do with their #2 pick?
Old 2008-06-23, 12:06   Link #515
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Okay, NBA Draft this Thursday. Who's Chicago going to draft?

My money is on Derrick Rose, but at this point, it could be either him or Michael Beasley. Also, what will Miami do with their #2 pick?
I'm leaning towards Miami taking Michael Beasley. That is of course if Chicago doesn't take him.
Old 2008-06-23, 15:22   Link #516
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I am not a lot interested in the draft, at the moment (though Hollinger's new statistics measure of who is more valuable etc was interesting to see where we can expect to see the draftees in the future, though it is not fool proof).

These days, I think the Seattle trial is much more exciting, especially following from two blogs that include almost hour by hour updates. Too bad, the schedule is off until, maybe Thursday.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 15:41   Link #517
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Hey wingdarkness, how do you like the "old" and "boring" Spurs now that they eliminated your hometown heroes? Get ready for another San Antonio vs Detroit finals since the Spurs own matchup advantages over the Lakers similar to the ones they had against the Cavaliers in the Finals, and Boston isn't good enough to hold serve at home against the Pistors nor win games in Detroit.
Damn, I'm superlate on this response but I don't even know how those cockroaches made it past the hornets...Atleast we tired their sick a$$ess enuff for Kobe to skewer and embarrass them..God Hornets v. Lakers would have been visually amazing...Anyways they got dealt with and it appears God does love Boston, almost too much...I just think God gives people in Boston two livers...

As for the draft, Rose = Overrated...Remember I called it...He was exposed in the Final Four, because he's not a true Point Guard and found it tuff to score against long and athletic guards and forwards (Which is everyday in the NBA)...He ain't gonna change the game like a Chris Paul or Deron Williams, atleast not for some time...
Old 2008-06-24, 05:08   Link #518
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
after this, if anyone says anything about comparing about jordan with kobe should not ever again reply in this thread ever again. Kobe is not and cannot ever match jodan ever. It's not even a comparison because the winner has been decided before the match up.
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 11:57   Link #519
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer View Post
after this, if anyone says anything about comparing about jordan with kobe should not ever again reply in this thread ever again. Kobe is not and cannot ever match jodan ever. It's not even a comparison because the winner has been decided before the match up.
I doubt anyone will compare to Jordon, but Kobe should still get much praise as he is a very good player. Really though anyone getting compared to Jordon is usually going to get beat just for the fact that Jordon at this point is basically worshiped in basketball.
Old 2008-06-24, 17:59   Link #520
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
jordan and kobe, people need to get over that already. 2 different people and 2 different eras.

kobe always says dont compare me because hes him and im me.

its the media and fans debating, never really the players.